What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This Is How You Kill Powder Mildew Forever!!!!!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Nice work Krunch.... this should shut up the haters......... Just kiddin ;)~

I think THE ONLY way to shut up the haters is to have AT LEAST 10 tests done under the same circumstances, to completely verify that Eagle20 is no longer present when used accordingly...

Maybe even test for different times of spraying, is eagle20 still present at 1 week veg or 2 week veg. Can you spray the day you flip? Can you go one week into flowering?

Find the threshold of eagle 20 being detected and back off at least two weeks...

BubbaBear

It would be good to see some tests of flowers that were sprayed with Eagle 20 at the end of veg and of some tests of wax or shatter made from from the same flowers, since making shatter can concentrate the levels of Eagle 20 up to 250× so shatter could easily have detectable levels of Eagle20 and the flowers could test clean.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I was just thinking the same thing, although I'm legitimately curious where your 250x concentration number comes from?

and I'm also curious if the myclobutanil in the plant tissues would be mobilized if water is considered the solvent, and also heat and pressure(rosin) extracts for that matter.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I wonder how accurate their study is, it make's reference to tests being conducted on tebuconazole and propiconazole, but didn't actually test anything for myclobutanil. also consider the source:

"14. Blanc, P, M Hogan, K Mallin, D Hryhorczuk, S Hessl, and B Bernard. "Cyanide Intoxication Among Silver-reclaiming Workers." The Journal of the American Medical Association 253(1985): 367-371. Web. 5 May 2015."

it was a study done on cyanide intoxication in the silver industry, just seems like a bit of a stretch, especially since they provide no additional data on the length of time between application and testing(which wasn't even done), application rates; etc. also using terms such as "very likely" in a scientific paper strikes me as a bit odd, is it not the purpose of this research to establish "knowns"?

"III. Myclobutanil is co-extracted with cannabinoids during concentrate production
Studies of two other conazole fungicides, tebuconazole and propiconazole, have demonstrated that these chemicals are co-extracted during production of essential oils (14). Moreover, the process of extraction, treatment, and concentration can cause tebuconazole and propiconazole pesticide residue to accumulate at levels 250 times higher than the starting material (14). Myclobutanil is highly soluble in many of the solvents used in cannabinoid extraction (ex. ethanol, butane, and carbon dioxide)(15,16), and unquestionably co-extracts with cannabinoids during concentrate production. The process of removing residual solvent and increasing cannabinoid concentration very likely increases levels of myclobutanil, and other chemically-similar pesticides."

krunchbubble

Veteran
I still am able to make shatter from that crop....

Have a few lbs of small buds waiting to be processed....

Just too busy atm...

BubbaBear

That would be awesome to see a comparison, nice work Krunch.

As far as the 250x number, it does seem high. Ive seen other articles claim 50x more and another that claimed 100x so who knows, I'm sure there's plenty of variables. The most through testing I've seen was done by the Cannabis Safety Institute, read there "White Papers" Pesticides Testing section where they tested over 500 samples for 167 different pesticides and fungicides, it shows a consistent 10x higher levels of pesticides and fungicides, so making concentrates clearly concentrate the levels of pesticides and fungicides that's without question.

frostqueen

Strange, this is what the website says.
We currently screen for the following: abamectin, bifenazate, bifenthrin, carbaryl, cypermethrin, diazinon, myclobutanil, paclobutrazol, permethrin, resmethrin.
So would you have to pay to screen each one of these???
Seems like that could get very expensive.
I figured you just had a basic full spectrum pesticide test done...

Detailed PPM tests are incredibly expensive at this point. I know that here in Oregon the new testing standards that go into effect in October will require a PPM test for 60 different chemicals. It currently costs $700 a test; it takes them 5 hours to do, and the equipment is hella expensive, too. There is a difference between pass/fail tests and PPM tests.

I did hear a rumor that someone has invented a smaller device that will do these PPM tests for much cheaper. Let's hope so. $700 is insane.

Obviously testing for just one or two chemicals isn't that expensive, so that's what I'm going to do in this case.

krunchbubble

Veteran
Currently running three more grows JUST for more tests. I dont have any PM in my rooms but am spraying anyways....

Sprayed one grow at two weeks from flowering again...

Sprayed one grow one week before flowering...

Sprayed one grow at flip....

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Currently running three more grows JUST for more tests. I dont have any PM in my rooms but am spraying anyways....

Sprayed one grow at two weeks from flowering again...

Sprayed one grow one week before flowering...

Sprayed one grow at flip....

Finding these threshholds... we'll be much better equipped to use the tools at our disposal and work smarter, not harder

Mahalo nui

frostqueen

I think THE ONLY way to shut up the haters is to have AT LEAST 10 tests done under the same circumstances, to completely verify that Eagle20 is no longer present when used accordingly...

Maybe even test for different times of spraying, is eagle20 still present at 1 week veg or 2 week veg. Can you spray the day you flip? Can you go one week into flowering?

Find the threshold of eagle 20 being detected and back off at least two weeks...

I'm running late with my test spray; it will actually happen tonight. I did get the tester plant into flower a week ago, so this test will actually be 1.25 ml/gallon sprayed 1 week into flower. That should be interesting!

Last edited:

BubbaBear

Temperature especially the high temperature of the grow as well as PH of the solution should be noted, they both seem to play a heavy role in half life.

Lyfespan

I'm running late with my test spray; it will actually happen tonight. I did get the tester plant into flower a week ago, so this test will actually be 2.5 ml/gallon sprayed 1 week into flower. That should be interesting!

frost whats the guestimated flower time for those girls you sprayed?

the gnome

Veteran
this is really great, Ive been battling leaf septoria since last aug off and on.
used actinovate and it helped a lot but Ive had to use E20 and that seems to be whats been needed to put this stuff down.
i have a load going into bloom and I am relieved to know i can now use E20 a bit more liberally.
some one said i had fusarim a few weeks ago...*shudders*
has anyone used rootshield wp, ive heard it mentioned before.
is it a viable product to use on canna?
another Q is using actinovate and other bio-fungi control agents will the use of chem fertz have a negative effect on them??

this is really great krunchB is doing this.
Finding these threshholds... we'll be much better equipped to use the tools at our disposal and work smarter, not harder
took the words out of my mouth!

btw....???
it seems a serene peace has settled over this thread.
one in the spirit of understanding, cooperation and comaraderie :)
I haven't read every post since results are back but I see a noticable absence in the
why arent the anti E20 haters posting their relief that we aren't poisoning ourselves and others?
seems like a good thing and they would say something in a positive light, right?
which leaves not much else to deduct than if they can't post calling you fuggin every crap name in the book and carrying on in the most negative way
they aren't posting at all.....

and that's alright by me
:smoke:

frostqueen

Temperature especially the high temperature of the grow as well as PH of the solution should be noted, they both seem to play a heavy role in half life.

Agreed. Daytime temps are 78-80 degrees max. Nighttime temps are 68-70F. Humidity is balanced around 50-60% RH. Indicate5 spreader/sticker was used, and then the PH was brought to 6.

Important detail: I ended up using 1.25 ml/gallon of the Eagle20. I hit the target plant one week into flower. I'll edit my other post to reflect this. I was a bit high and just decided that this adjustment was the right move. 1.25ml is considered the low end of effectiveness from what I have read.

frost whats the guestimated flower time for those girls you sprayed?

9 weeks total flower time, but the spray flew 1 week into flower. So total time under lights is 8 more weeks, then 2 weeks of drying and post-processing before the test.

I actually just hit one plant since no powdery has been seen in my scene for a long time now, and I am also using a different Cal/mag product that has (likely? hopefully?) boosted my resistance to powdery quite a bit.

btw....???
it seems a serene peace has settled over this thread.
one in the spirit of understanding, cooperation and comaraderie :)
I haven't read every post since results are back but I see a noticable absence in the
why arent the anti E20 haters posting their relief that we aren't poisoning ourselves and others?
seems like a good thing and they would say something in a positive, right?
which leaves not much else to deduct than if they can't post calling you fuggin every crap name in the book and carrying on in the most negative way
they aren't posting at all.....

and that's alright by me

IMO we need to move past the bickering and dick measuring and work together towards solving these problems with facts. There is no reason to attack each other regardless of what we eventually decide to do in our own gardens. We are all in this together and all have something new to learn from each other as long as we have some basic respect for each other and stick to the facts. The days of pissing matches and bro science can become a thing of the past if we decide to rise above it.

Take Weird, for example. Weird knows a ton of really valuable stuff but nobody ever liked the attitude that came with it. Now he's toned it down and I for one am hopeful he'll join in with us regarding future tests on various things. I think many 'haters' honestly have really good intentions: they just want to stop people from doing dumb shit that will poison themselves and others.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bubba makes up for all the past trolling, bringing up excellent points and making me wish I had time/a real computer to really dive down some of the exposed rabbit holes.

To any current self appointed brow beaters considering making a few cheap shots or derailing a good discussion:

Look through my post history, specifically how I argue. Fair if you have a valid point, psychopathic troll if you're full of shit or esoteric babble. Pay particular attention to the interaction with Team Microbe aka plant_n_prosper aka Organic Ivermectin.

Right?

Right :)

What's with this self appointed discussion monitor? I'm fucking tired of some subjects being taboo because the chicken littles fear everything not made of hempcrete, and take it upon themselves to shut down all discussion that doesn't jive with their views.

Fuck that. If I'm overstepping boundries, I'm sure management will be on top of it.

Wierd has calmed down a bit and always has well thought out/intelligent opinions based off a wealth of experience. But then who else inspired the above babble comment.

frostqueen

What's with this self appointed discussion monitor? I'm fucking tired of some subjects being taboo because the chicken littles fear everything not made of hempcrete, and take it upon themselves to shut down all discussion that doesn't jive with their views.

Fuck that. If I'm overstepping boundries, I'm sure management will be on top of it.

Wierd has calmed down a bit and always has well thought out/intelligent opinions based off a wealth of experience. But then who else inspired the above babble comment.

Yeah, well. As I said, we can either rise above it and focus on the science and having some basic respect, or not. It's totally fine if people want to whip out there units and bicker over who's the rightest one of all (as has usually been the case here at IC Mag); I sure as hell won't play discussion monitor. Gnome brought it up so I commented on it. Just my take on it.

Trolls will always have their occasional tantrums; I think totally ignoring them is the best way to shut them up. It's not as if you are going to change their minds or anything.

And honestly, if it gets too bad I'll just drop this place like a fucking bad date and move on. Personally I HATE pointless bickering. It has ruined almost every good thread here over the years, and for absolutely no reason other than feeding various egos. Maybe that's why many people are here. Not my thing.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I bought a bottle of whiskey the other day to celebrate and have been as hot as the Irish ever since.

If that doesn't explain away helicoptering the meat and two veg, I have no follow up.

Drink?

JG02

I went to my local growshop here in loveland,CO because I have been having problems with PM the past 2 weeks. It's not very bad, but I want to get it under control. The guy working at the shop gave me the ProKure V and D formulas and told me to dilute the Prokure V to half water half solution, and that I could spray my entire tent to kill the PM spores, and that I could also spray it directly onto my plants, even whilst in flower, and that it just dries and turns into salt. Since these products have not been out for very long, there isn't much I can find on using them on cannabis. I set the ProKure 10 gram extended release pouch in the shell packaging inside my 10x6 grow tent, which is my flowering tent, and I am hoping it helps as well. What i'm trying to find out is if it is okay to spray onto the plants. I would love to take the guys word for it, but I'm curious if anyone else has used this product line for PM. Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated!