What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This Is How You Kill Powder Mildew Forever!!!!!

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants test positive for myclobutanil the active in Eagle 20 all the time in places where they do routine testing like Washington, Oregon and Colorado. And even better myclobutanil converts to hydrogen cyanide when burned. AND if your making concentrates it can accumulate 250x stronger than it was in the bud or leaf used to make the concentrate....

That's why we're interested in the results pending. With a little math/science/magic or none at all if I can interest the right someone, or someone more proactive plays ball, we can potentially arrive at an approximation of hydrogen cyanide produced by combustion.

And then compare that to what is produced by combusting cannabis alone.

There's rumour there'll be cake at the end.

BubbaBear

Is it gluten free?

I hear it actually is gluten free, carb free as well and supposedly goes great with wine, but.....a 2012 study by Dow AgroSciences showed that Eagle 20 contained numerous chemicals that have caused cancer in lab animals and cannabis retaining even marginal amounts of myclobutanil (ex. 0.03 ppm) could potentially expose consumers to non-lethal, but clinically relevant levels of hydrogen cyanide.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So no more dangerous than other gluten free products?

Got a link? I could only find a 2012 review from the USGS that cited two rat studies feeding large amounts.

BubbaBear

So no more dangerous than other gluten free products?

lol. Your average gluten free store bought product probably does have more carcinogens gram per gram compared to myclobutnol. I know I've been bringing up a lot of its negative aspects but I do think myclobutnol is safe as long as it's only used in VEG and used in rotation with other fungicides with a different mode of action.

Got a link? I could only find a 2012 review from the USGS that cited two rat studies feeding large amounts.

Not a link to the actual study but it was stated in this article.

http://www.westword.com/news/denver...use-of-banned-pesticides-holds-plants-6654706

Here's another very informative link on the testing of several different pesticides and fungicides on cannabis done at a state level.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ihw8c9pgcZglUj_EQ&sig2=2r30WL6Mqbp6t1cLEpadXQ

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well that gives backing to the idea that not all flowers are shit, but most concentrate comes from shit crops.

Poor dabbers. First they smoke themselves out of all their brain cells, now they wont live as long as the rest of us?

Darwin works in mysterious ways.

Interesting that PBO was ignored, I understood it interfered with our hormonal systems in the single and double digit ppb range.

As well with azadirachtin, which has not been proven harmless, despite the prevalent perception.

The link failed but another search found this.

Erowid gives us the concentration of hydrogen cyanide (HCN) in cannabis smoke as 500ppm. More results would bolster that number, but I grew tired of sifting chaff, re: ludicrous claims of the dangers of smoking cannabis.

The highest result on the CSI was roughly (badly made graph) between 10000 and 100000 ppb, or 10-100ppm.

This is not an endorsement of the use of myclobutanil nor am I suggesting that it's overall use is safe. That remains to be determined. Other chemicals produced by combustion or metabolites through degradation may be more or less toxic or persistent.

But as far as HCN goes... lol?

Someone want to double check?

I'm pretty drunkover and had to smoke a whole wack (SI unit of measurement) of hash to pull my head out of my ass.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
First Email!

Looks like my Mendobreath tested 23% THC and CookiesNCream tested at 25%...

That Cookies N Cream is Exoric Genetics personal cut...

krunchbubble

Veteran
hoping to have a new PM treatment available for us to try out here soon, an organic solution at that

We used OZONE many years ago to kill PM...

A couple generators in there with the plants, worked very good...

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
emails!!!!!!!!!!

good job on the numbers confirming what we all know - you grow the dank!!!

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran

It found it is more effective and keeps plants from exposure to use a lung room on the intake side. Similar tech is used in hospitals to keep the air germ free yet PPM are low enough to be harmless to us.

Many of the horticultural ozone generators are a bit over the top when it comes to power. The old uvonairs I have are very powerful, still work 20 years later, replaced the bulb once in one and the starter. Worked well in the lung rooms but you had to turn them off the enter.

I think most people avoid ozone on everything but the exhaust because high PPM ozone can burn plants, mute smells and pose an inherent risk to ones health.

BubbaBear

Ozonated water is where it's at. They use it to kill pest and PM at vineyards and Whole Foods uses it on there produce. I ozonate some ice cold water and put it in a airless paint sprayer and spray down my plants and room all the time. It kills pests and PM and leaves zero residues and was just brought up in another thread that ozone causes a SAR response in plants. If I had thousands of dollars to spare I would develop a back pack ozonated water sprayer for indoor gardeners and it would probably make me rich, any takers?

BubbaBear

Also if others are having trouble opening the link on my previous post try this one.

http://cannabissafetyinstitute.org/white-papers/

If it doesn't work google- cannabis safety institute white papers

It's the most informative read on testing cannabis for pesticides and fungicides I've come across, they test over 500 samples for 65 different pesticides and fungicides. Boy does it make you glad you grow your own flowers and if you take dabs it's going to make you want to stop lol.

krunchbubble

Veteran
It found it is more effective and keeps plants from exposure to use a lung room on the intake side. Similar tech is used in hospitals to keep the air germ free yet PPM are low enough to be harmless to us.

Many of the horticultural ozone generators are a bit over the top when it comes to power. The old uvonairs I have are very powerful, still work 20 years later, replaced the bulb once in one and the starter. Worked well in the lung rooms but you had to turn them off the enter.

I think most people avoid ozone on everything but the exhaust because high PPM ozone can burn plants, mute smells and pose an inherent risk to ones health.

Those were the exact ones we used! 4 of those big bad mofos in a warehouse...

frostqueen

I do this. I use one of these: https://www.air-zone.com/store/products/xt-800/ It's a pretty hard-core unit, really pumps out the ozone, but you can dial in the right amount.

It kills the airborne spores. There is definitely a balance that must be found, as too much causes issues with the plants. It's great for blasting an empty room to kill any residual spores, though. Very effective.

I heard an interesting tip the other day: if you have high humidity and then get a powdery outbreak, be really careful about lowering the humidity too fast after the fact, because low humidity actually makes the powdery release its spores. Better to maintain the humidity in the 45%-60% zone beforehand, as a preventative.

Sorry I wasn't able to get my Eagle20 residue tests done, guys. I'm broke as a joke and it just aint funny. It's a rapidly changing market out there.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oi. I would've skipped a night in the pub to get more feedback.

But as it is now I'm tight until mid next month. Thank God I pay my bills in advance. Sometimes. This one time.

I'll second the swing causing outbreaks. One of the first things I do is watch how a room deals with lights out.