What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Oh Jeez - up again at 2.46am - sitting at the kitchen table - on the 'intense blend' cawfee - well - I was snooz'in thru yesterday evening - 😳 - so must have got enough sleep - all quite on the home front - 'cept me tinkering around the place - as the family sleeps 💤

- All this talk of hydrocortisone injections 💉 brings back the harrowing memories of my youth - when I was 12 years old - I had extreme pain on my right knee/leg - at first the docs said it was 'growing 😢 pains' - then they said it was 'child rheumatism' - and the best medicine for it would be a big old syringe fulla this hydrocortisone medicine - stabbed right into the knee - and was to be a course of 3 injections - one every 3 months - you shoulda seen the size of the NEEDLE! - and to me at 12 years old - that was the worst thing - I was freaked - BIG TIME! - but after much cajoling - and the promise of a new pair of rugby 🏉 boots - from me Mum - I agreed to have this first shot - straight into my right knee - and maaaan! - boooy! - did it hurt - I was screaming blue bloody murder -

- and the pain lasted for what seemed like ages - eventually subsiding to a dull ache after about 3-4 days 😴

That first shot was given at our local hospital - near the house we lived in - but the 2nd shot was to be administered at the Royal Alexandra and Albert School - where I was lucky enough to get a place as part of the 2% welfare kids - when I was 8 years old - and had been doing very well academically - and on the sports field at this English Boarding School - in Reigate - Surrey - for 4 years -

So I was called out at breakfast one day - and told by a housemaster that I needed to go to the school sanitorium - for this absolutely dreaded injection

- After the first shot - my 'growing pains/rheumatism' - had dissapeard and not returned - so I thought there was no need for another - but went to my sanatorium appointment anyway 'cos I had to - and the nurse there was determined to stick that HUGE needle in my knee again - but I refused - retreating into a dark corner of the room - as she approached me - then realising that I was gonna put up a fight and resist - the nurse called in this old battleaxe of a woman - the deputy head-mistress called - Mrs Moonathaler - who was about 5ft tall - built like a brick shithouse - and had this strange bouffant pink rinsed perm haircut (a bit like a short Afro) - with thick round coke-bottle-bottom spectacles - and she started shouting at me - ' Now behave child! - I'm going to inject you myself!' - and she came at me - with the nurse trying to create a diversion - then grabbing me by the arm - and trying to make me sit down - as Moonathaler advanced towards me - and tried to grab my knee - with the syringe in her other hand - ready to stab me -

So I kicked her in the Wanny - and legged it out of the sanitorium - out of the school gates - and up to the Reigate Road - where I jumped on a 406 bus - without any money for the fare - got kicked off by the conductor - but jumped on the next bus and hid upstairs - till I managed to get home to me Mum and other family members -

Thru all that - I lost my place at a VERY good school - and had to go to this crap secondary school in Chessington called Fleetwood Comprehensive School - fulla bovver boys and dipshits - where the teaching and educational standards were awful - in comparison to the Boarding School - which had 500 acres and 3 lakes we could roam around - plus great sports facilities - and even a swimming pool -

Last edited:

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
good early morning Gypsy and a pleasant goodnight to all you Cool Cats

and goodnight Irene , I will see you in my dreams

IMG_8668.jpeg

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
real coca cola with cane sugar☝️
We have to buy the coke made in Mexico to get that........be cool if they made it for Americans to.
😣
Oh Jeez - up again at 2.46am - sitting at the kitchen table - on the 'intense blend' cawfee - well - I was snooz'in thru yesterday evening - 😳 - so must have got enough sleep - all quite on the home front - 'cept me tinkering around the place - as the family sleeps 💤

- All this talk of hydrocortisone injections 💉 brings back the harrowing memories of my youth - when I was 12 years old - I had extreme pain on my right knee/leg - at first the docs said it was 'growing 😢 pains' - then they said it was 'child rheumatism' - and the best medicine for it would be a big old syringe fulla this hydrocortisone medicine - stabbed right into the knee - and was to be a course of 3 injections - one every 3 months - you shoulda seen the size of the NEEDLE! - and to me at 12 years old - that was the worst thing - I was freaked - BIG TIME! - but after much cajoling - and the promise of a new pair of rugby 🏉 boots - from me Mum - I agreed to have this first shot - straight into my right knee - and maaaan! - boooy! - did it hurt - I was screaming blue bloody murder -

- and the pain lasted for what seemed like ages - eventually subsiding to a dull ache after about 3-4 days 😴

That first shot was given at our local hospital - near the house we lived in - but the 2nd shot was to be administered at the Royal Alexandra and Albert School - where I was lucky enough to get a place as part of the 2% welfare kids - when I was 8 years old - and had been doing very well academically - and on the sports field at this English Boarding School - in Reigate - Surrey - for 4 years -

So I was called out at breakfast one day - and told by a housemaster that I needed to go to the school sanitorium - for this absolutely dreaded injection
- After the first shot - my 'growing pains/rheumatism' - had dissapeard and not returned - so I thought there was no need for another - but went to my sanatorium appointment anyway 'cos I had to - and the nurse there was determined to stick that HUGE needle in my knee again - but I refused - retreating into a dark corner of the room - as she approached me - then realising that I was gonna put up a fight and resist - the nurse called in this old battleaxe of a woman - the deputy head-mistress called - Mrs Moonathaler - who was about 5ft tall - built like a brick shithouse - and had this strange bouffant pink rinsed perm haircut (a bit like a short Afro) - with thick round coke-bottle-bottom spectacles - and she started shouting at me - ' Now behave child! - I'm going to inject you myself!' - and she came at me - with the nurse trying to create a diversion - then grabbing me by the arm - and trying to make me sit down - as Moonathaler advanced towards me - and tried to grab my knee - with the syringe in her other hand - ready to stab me -

So I kicked her in the Wanny - and legged it out of the sanitorium - out of the school gates - and up to the Reigate Road - where I jumped on a 406 bus - without any money for the fare - got kicked off by the conductor - but jumped on the next bus and hid upstairs - till I managed to get home to me Mum and other family members -

Thru all that - I lost my place at a VERY good school - and had to go to this crap secondary school in Chessington called Fleetwood School - fulla bovver boys and dipshits - where the teaching and educational standards were awful - in comparison to the Boarding School - which had 500 acres and 3 lakes we could roam around - plus great sports facilities - and even a swimming pool -
I fully commiserate with the needle and escaping having been through it myself.
I walked out the back door of the kitchen and off the loading dock to a bus stop twice to escape the rabies series in juvie.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
snipped some good stuff-

Thru all that - I lost my place at a VERY good school - and had to go to this crap secondary school in Chessington called Fleetwood Comprehensive School - fulla bovver boys and dipshits - where the teaching and educational standards were awful - in comparison to the Boarding School - which had 500 acres and 3 lakes we could roam around - plus great sports facilities - and even a swimming pool -
Real English has some very colorful terms. I don’t even want to look this one up. It is just fine the way I am interpreting it.
i would not like to be kicked in the wanny, if i even have one!
/wouldnt that would cost all the extraz

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
i would not like to be kicked in the wanny,if i even have one!
/wouldnt that would cost all the extraz
Ahh - reminds me of that silly song to the Beach Boys tune 'Kokamo' - that goes thru all the different names (slang) given to the female lady garden - and there are many - now if I could only find it again on YouTube - Hmmmm

oldfogey8

That's for washing the sand off your feet fairly common to see something like that at tourist beaches.
View attachment 18983332 Clear skys and 62 today gonna have to put the ac in the windows this year damnit.
This is the shower in Monteverde. There isn’t a beach within 30 or 40 miles(as the crow flies) which is a 2.5-3 hour drive. I think Costa Rican plumbers and builders know how to milk the system…
IMG_3075.jpeg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ahhh - Ha - Haa! - Found It!!

Yes - it's called - 'The Camel Toe Song ' - but I searched for - 'The Bearded Clam Song' - that was close enough - so found it - reserected after many years of not hearing it - but still as funny - VERY BAWDY! - in a west coast surfy sorta way -

Last edited:

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I would be struggling with the stress of being cut not too mention worry about the wife and kids being worried or without.
The stress may be worse than the procedure but then again it may not.
Good luck seems weak but there it is and I hope it goes smoothly for you and your family.
Life is something fuckin else sometimes.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I would be struggling with the stress of being cut not too mention worry about the wife and kids being worried or without.
The stress may be worse than the procedure but then again it may not.
Good luck seems weak but there it is and I hope it goes smoothly for you and your family.
Life is something fuckin else sometimes.
Yeah mate - I'll muck-on-thru - as I've always managed to in life - the hospital gave me this written manual of all the stuff going on with this type of heart surgery - and what to expect - so I'm slowly getting edumacated about it all - doesn't really make ya feel any better psychologically - can make it worse - knowing all the gory details - ah well -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran

These two schools were like chalk and cheese 🧀 - so different - but only about 10 miles apart geographically -

The Royal Alexandra and Albert School - had mostly kids who's Dads and Mum's were in the armed forces - so these were kids of soldiers/sailors and airmen/airwomen etc - and so they understood discipline - and why training was essential for exellence - mostly - whereas -

- the kids in Fleetwood School were mostly from council estates - and that local area in Chessington - and most of them didn't give a fuck about learning or training - perhaps lack of parental support - I dunno - was myself from a one parent family - after me Dad broke my Mum's back - so Dad was still feared as Mum tried to hide from him - on houseboats - caravans - and dingy bed-sits - with all of us 3 kids in tow - till he got banged up for a good spell - always in trouble was my Dad - had a chip on his shoulder the size of a potato 🥔

Anyroad - I'd gone from the Penthouse to the Gutter - where my future academic education was concerned - and after many battles at the Fleetwood School - I left at 15 years old - and hit The Streets of London - squatting in houses - surfing those couches etc -

Last edited: