What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Oregon Weed Thread -Grows, News and Laws and Whatever

R

Robrites

Lucky he was busted in Oregon

Lucky he was busted in Oregon

View Image

KLAMATH COUNTY, Ore. — Oregon State Police arrested a Minnesota man Friday for drug crimes in Klamath County after a trooper found a large quantity of marijuana in the man’s car.

The OSP trooper pulled over David Huckaby, 33, of St. Paul Minnesota for speeding on Klamath Falls-Lakeview Highway near Bly, Oregon Friday afternoon.

The trooper then found about 113 pounds of marijuana in the trunk of Huckaby’s 2012 Toyota Camry.

Huckaby was arrested for unlawful possession and distribution of marijuana and lodged at the Klamath County Jail.

The 113 pounds of marijuana is valued at about $226,000.

The trooper searched Huckaby’s car and found 113 pounds of marijuana in the trunk, police said. Authorities have valued the pot at roughly $226,000. Huckaby was charged in Klamath County Circuit Court with possessing more than 8 ounces of marijuana and unlawful delivery of marijuana, counts below the felony level.
Oregon is one of a few states that have legalized recreational use of marijuana. When legalization took effect there in late 2014, the change also wiped out nearly all felony counts for marijuana possession, regardless of amount, said District Attorney Rob Patridge. In filing no more than misdemeanor counts, “we were just abiding by what the Legislature tells us at this point,” said Patridge, who chairs the state board that regulates marijuana in Oregon. “I’ve certainly gotten a lot of calls today about someone running around with 100 pounds of marijuana.”
In court records filed with the charges, Huckaby was accused of presenting “several indicators of criminal activity” after police stopped him. A search followed, turning up the “high quality” marijuana.
Huckaby remained held Tuesday afternoon in the county jail in lieu of $15,000 bail. His attorney, Phil Studenberg, said if the arrest had been made in another state, his client could be looking at “a prison sentence, which is just wrong on every level.”
http://www.startribune.com/police-o...with-100-plus-pounds-of-pot-in-ore/368955261/

frostqueen

(SALEM, Ore.) - In a strong bipartisan vote yesterday, the House passed a bill that right-sizes penalties for marijuana offenses, makes it easier for medical patients to access medicine, and helps small businesses sell to the legal adult-use market.

House Bill 4014 is the first of three bills drafted this session to further fine-tune the regulatory framework developed in 2015 to establish Oregon’s recreational cannabis market. Here is a summary of some of the key provisions in the bill:

Youth Cannabis-use Prevention Program: Creates a pilot program to prevent youth from using cannabis.
Residency Requirements: Brings legal cannabis businesses in line with other legal businesses by removing restrictions on the residency of individuals that may own or invest in legal cannabis businesses in Oregon. This will help enable businesses to meet business needs despite lack of access to banking services.
Small Businesses: Encourages the OLCC to help small producers have a meaningful role in the OLCC-regulated sector by adopting licensure requirements that better fit the needs of small farms.
Criminal Justice Issues: Reduces some criminal penalties related to a range of marijuana offenses and directs state to treat medical cannabis use like use of prescription drugs when setting conditions for pre-trial release, diversion, parole, and probation. The bill returns penalties to pre-HB 3400 level for conduct that involves unlicensed use of highly explosive materials or significant production within 1000-feet of a school. The bill expressly prohibits smoking cannabis while driving.
http://www.salem-news.com/articles/february172016/cannabis-oregon-house.php

Here's what I don't get: why treat cannabis like prescription drugs instead of treating it like alcohol, which incidentally is more dangerous? They still insist on treating cannabis like it's a dangerous substance.

I hope Sanders gets elected and pushes through his de-scheduling policy.

R

Robrites

Some marijuana dispensaries haven’t yet registered to pay taxes on recreational sales

Some marijuana dispensaries haven’t yet registered to pay taxes on recreational sales

Nearly 1 in 4 of all medical marijuana *dispensaries in Oregon that also sell recreational *marijuana have not yet *registered with the Oregon *Department of Revenue to pay the first tax installment on recreational sales, despite a *fast-approaching deadline.

By Feb. 29, every such dispensary in the state is *required to pay a 25 *percent sales tax on all recreational marijuana sales made in the month of January.

But as the first tax payment becomes due, only 245 of the 320 *dispensaries in Oregon selling recreational marijuana had set up required tax *accounts with the state *Department of Revenue as of this past Thursday.

Also as of Thursday, only 38 had remitted the taxes collected for *January — 31 by appointment and seven by mail, according to *Oregon Department of *Revenue spokeswoman Joy Krawczyk. Another 60 have made appointments scheduled through the end of the month, she said.

Those who fail to pay the tax on time will face late-payment fees.

The department sent out letters to all recreational marijuana dispensaries listed by the Oregon Health *Authority, reminding them that the tax was coming due, about a month ago.

“Our biggest concern is just making sure we get the word out there,” Krawczyk said. “We are looking at an uptick of registrations as the deadline approaches.”

The tax obligation is the latest wrinkle faced by *Oregon *dispensary *owners who are fighting to stay *relevant as the state phases in *full-scale recreational *marijuana sales.

As part of the rollout of legal recreational pot, medical marijuana dispensaries are temporarily allowed to sell recreational weed, and most of them have flocked to do so for the money and market share.
http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/34014701-75/some-marijuana-dispensaries-havent-yet-registered-to-pay-taxes-on-recreational-sales.html.csp

R

Robrites

Ashland man sentenced for laundering pot proceeds

Ashland man sentenced for laundering pot proceeds

MEDFORD -- The Oregon U.S. Attorney's Office says an Ashland man was sentenced to two years in prison for laundering the money he made from selling marijuana.

U.S. District Judge Ann Aiken sentenced 35-year-old Jonathan Robert Quaccia last week. She also ordered him to serve three years of supervised release once he's out.

Prosecutors say between 2012 and 2014, Quaccia shipped marijuana from California to New York and Georgia for sale. Money from those sales was deposited in bank accounts held by Oregon residents.

Those residents were recruited by Quaccia and co-defendant Matthew Correa. They would withdraw the funds and give the money to Correa who would pass it on to Quaccia.

Bank records show $2.2 million in pot proceeds were deposited in the banks and $2 million was withdrawn in Oregon.
oregonlive.com

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
MEDFORD -- The Oregon U.S. Attorney's Office says an Ashland man was sentenced to two years in prison for laundering the money he made from selling marijuana.

U.S. District Judge Ann Aiken sentenced 35-year-old Jonathan Robert Quaccia last week. She also ordered him to serve three years of supervised release once he's out.

Prosecutors say between 2012 and 2014, Quaccia shipped marijuana from California to New York and Georgia for sale. Money from those sales was deposited in bank accounts held by Oregon residents.

Those residents were recruited by Quaccia and co-defendant Matthew Correa. They would withdraw the funds and give the money to Correa who would pass it on to Quaccia.

Bank records show $2.2 million in pot proceeds were deposited in the banks and $2 million was withdrawn in Oregon.
oregonlive.com

I read in another article about this that Quaccia tried to obscure the bank deposits by making them less than 10k and using multiple strawmen. How do u think he got busted?

Sluicebox

Have some b grade indoor just finished no chems or mold. Do I even bother testing it or just eat it. Didn't know how the dips were going. I've never even been in one. It's good stuff just not bud of the month quality. I wouldn't even try to enter it. I pulled it cured it and doled it out to my patients. They told me to take the excess to the dips. Problem is there are multiple strains only about a qp of each left. Figure $150 each to test, wouldn't even break even. Especially where they want us to shoulder the taxes they aren't charging.

I mentioned to my patients that they can now help with costs and even labor. Got laughed at. Also mentioned that there is a form somewhere they need to sign allowing me to take excess to the dips. Crickets. As a matter of fact they want more now that the law says 6# indoor and 12# outdoor per. Wish someone would post how they handle their patients. I've been doing this for pretty much nothing and now my E bill is hitting 500 per month. Normally it's not b grade. Just had a bad set first time running new strains. Next set is beautiful.

R

Robrites

Have some b grade indoor just finished no chems or mold. Do I even bother testing it or just eat it. Didn't know how the dips were going. I've never even been in one. It's good stuff just not bud of the month quality. I wouldn't even try to enter it. I pulled it cured it and doled it out to my patients. They told me to take the excess to the dips. Problem is there are multiple strains only about a qp of each left. Figure $150 each to test, wouldn't even break even. Especially where they want us to shoulder the taxes they aren't charging.

I mentioned to my patients that they can now help with costs and even labor. Got laughed at. Also mentioned that there is a form somewhere they need to sign allowing me to take excess to the dips. Crickets. As a matter of fact they want more now that the law says 6# indoor and 12# outdoor per. Wish someone would post how they handle their patients. I've been doing this for pretty much nothing and now my E bill is hitting 500 per month. Normally it's not b grade. Just had a bad set first time running new strains. Next set is beautiful.
1.5 per patient per year

mfdoo0mm

Drop the patient. Acquire cards...

PDX Dopesmoker

…Problem is there are multiple strains only about a qp of each left. Figure $150 each to test, wouldn't even break even…

Maybe take it all and make it into one batch of oil? You'd save on the lab tests that way. On the other hand, the dispensary I work at has purchased QPs & HPs in the past. Buying smaller batches of flower keep the menu changing which keeps things interesting for everyone, too bad the cost of lab tests makes it uneconomical. Best case scenario for selling a QP of great flower would net you about $475 cash money for not quite $2k/pound for some of the best flower on the planet and that lab test cuts even harder for lesser flower. Probably makes a lot of the people growing the stuff want to say "Fuck the market I'll just smoke all the nice weed myself"

My last grow

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 26
R

Robrites

Keeping legal pot farms legal in Southern Oregon

Keeping legal pot farms legal in Southern Oregon

Marijuana cultivators flocking to Southern Oregon to grow pot know pot farms are now legal, but it doesn't mean they know how to farm pot legally.

The Josephine County Soil and Water District is offering a crash-course in environmental laws and other aspects of marijuana farming to keep growers from running afoul of laws protecting streams, fish and wildlife.

More than 100 people have signed up for the one-day seminar Thursday at the Josephine County Fairgrounds, where there is room for 1,000 people who want to bone up on water-quality, water-rights and diversion laws, fisheries protection and other rules that regulate agriculture, including cannabis cultivation.

"We want to give them some heads-up information to keep them from getting in trouble," district Manager Randi Omley-Tatum says. "They're not aware of some of these laws, and we know they're not aware."

The symposium comes as environmental regulators look into a rash of reports about water-pollution and water-rights violations that could be linked to new marijuana operations on private lands.

Many marijuana growers — ranging from out-of-state transplants to residents trying their hand at growing plants — need to know what they can and can't do to the environment, Omley-Tatum says.

"You'd be surprised how many people think that just because they have water running through their property that they can use it," Omley-Tatum says.

The state Department of Environmental Quality is investigating more than a half-dozen water-quality complaints in recent weeks involving rural creeks suddenly choked with turbidity, soap suds or other suspected violations of state and federal water-quality rules.

"It's the soil-disturbing activities combined with rainfall," says Bill Meyers, DEQ's Rogue River Basin coordinator. "There's a spike in these kinds of land-disturbing events, but for what purpose we don't know."

Meyers says the cases involve lands where no new permits have been issued for buildings or new roadways, nor have plans been filed with the Oregon Department of Forestry for logging, Meyers says.

However, investigators have so far been unable to establish any direct links between the water problems and marijuana growing, Meyers says.
Read the rest http://www.mailtribune.com/article/20160223/NEWS/160229798

I

IndicaIsland

Regulators shy away from question of whether pot-plant odors are a nuisance

More Lane County residents are complaining that nearby commercial or private marijuana grows are fouling the air with their pungent smell.

But as Oregon’s legal recreational marijuana program unfolds, and more growers set up operation, homeowners find they have little recourse against the stench emitted by pot plants.

Most recently, in a Jan. 26 meeting, members of the Lane Regional Air Protection Agency’s Citizens Advisory Committee mulled over a complaint brought earlier to the agency by *homeowner Judith Cain, who lives on rural property off Gimpl Hill Road west of Eugene.

In November, Cain gave an emotional speech to the air agency’s board, saying her family was unable to escape the “toxic fumes” of a next-door neighbor’s recreational and medical marijuana grow operation. Cain complained that the neighbor had three large pot greenhouses with fans venting the smelly air toward Cain’s house.

Most marijuana plants emit a “skunky” undertone. The smell of cannabis plants is determined by chemicals called terpenes, shared by hops, and terpenoids, found in most living things. The combination of the two chemicals produces the pot plant’s distinctive odor. Depending on the strain, the smell is more or less pungent. And the bigger the grow, the bigger the potential stink.

Cain, who has lived on her property for 30 years, said the growers moved in three years ago. Cain told LRAPA the smell gave her family headaches and triggered her husband’s and son’s asthma.

Cain is not the only one who has complained to LRAPA — although if any of the complainants hope LRAPA will take action, they’re misguided.

In 2015, four people in Lane County submitted complaints about marijuana plant odors to LRAPA, and as of Feb. 9, another individual stepped up with concerns, LRAPA spokeswoman Jo Niehaus said.

“Unfortunately we don’t have any clear regulations thus far” for pot plant odors, Niehaus said. Niehaus acknowledged LRAPA has a rule against nuisance odors, but the agency interprets that pot-plant odors do not fall in that category, she said.
oregonweed.xyz

R

Robrites

PORTLAND: ‘Super’ lice outbreak hits Oregon

PORTLAND: ‘Super’ lice outbreak hits Oregon

picture.php

Over 25 states, including Washington have been hit with so-called super lice. They are resistant to over-the-counter treatments. Health care professionals say that the best treatment is prevention, and say that parents should teach their kids a few basics like don’t share hair brushes or combs and don’t share hats.

R

Robrites

OLCC Public Safety, Enforcement & Education Committee _

OLCC Public Safety, Enforcement & Education Committee _

OLCC Public Safety, Enforcement & Education Committee
_
Date:
February 25
Agenda:

Marijuana rules, OLCC compliance philosophy and enforcement responsibilities/limitations

Q&A regarding local and state law enforcement experiences with marijuana enforcement issues, identifying areas where local and state enforcement agencies need OLCC coordination

Demo and discussion of the Cannabis Tracking System (CTS)

Audio of Meeting http://www.oregon.gov/olcc/sound_files/MJ/PSEECommittee_Audio.mp3