What's new

The Oregon Weed Thread -Grows, News and Laws and Whatever

Sluicebox

Robrites, first of all let me thank you for managing this thread and posting news. I have tons of questions now that 3/1 has come and gone. If you don't mind I will post a couple at a time.

Reporting? Are we now supposed to be reporting monthly? Currently I have 3 patients and 2 live offsite.

Do I need to apply for a waiver for the cameras being how I am a small grower?

I'm concerned with the snap inspections. Should I not be home and they get the Sheriff to kick in my door and shoot my dog. I know that's a bit extreme, but she's a rather intimidating dog. I saw something on sb1598 that states small grows are not subject to inspections. Does that apply in my case where I have 2 patients that live offsite? I'm in compliance with plant count, I feel anyone going to jail in Oregon for weed now needs his head examined. That's about as smart as robbing a bank and leaving your wallet.

R

Robrites

Robrites, first of all let me thank you for managing this thread and posting news. I have tons of questions now that 3/1 has come and gone. If you don't mind I will post a couple at a time.

Reporting? Are we now supposed to be reporting monthly? Currently I have 3 patients and 2 live offsite.

Do I need to apply for a waiver for the cameras being how I am a small grower?

I'm concerned with the snap inspections. Should I not be home and they get the Sheriff to kick in my door and shoot my dog. I know that's a bit extreme, but she's a rather intimidating dog. I saw something on sb1598 that states small grows are not subject to inspections. Does that apply in my case where I have 2 patients that live offsite? I'm in compliance with plant count, I feel anyone going to jail in Oregon for weed now needs his head examined. That's about as smart as robbing a bank and leaving your wallet.
Man, it is so hard to keep up with what is going on.

My thinking is
IF you are registered and plan to sell to dispensaries- yes you need to report.
As for cameras and seed to sale stuff, I have read that there will be an exemption for small time medical growers.

This is just what I believe right now. I'll dig into it.

R

Robrites

New medical marijuana rules in effect March 1 2016

New medical marijuana rules in effect March 1 2016

77 pages. Hope everyone likes reading. The first 6 1/2 pages are definitions. Start reading half way down the 7th page.

Medical Marijuana Patients, Growers, Processors, and Dispensaries
Effective March 1, 2016

OREGON ADMINISTRATIVE RULES
OREGON HEALTH AUTHORITY, PUBLIC HEALTH DIVISION
CHAPTER 333
DIVISION 8
MEDICAL MARIJUANA
http://www.oregon.gov/oha/mmj/Documents/Rulemaking/333-008-medical-marijuana-patients-growers-processors-dispensaries.pdf

R

Robrites

Bill making it easier for smaller medical marijuana growers to enter recreational mar

Bill making it easier for smaller medical marijuana growers to enter recreational mar

Bill making it easier for smaller medical marijuana growers to enter recreational market awaits Kate Brown's signature

A bill that would make it easier for some smaller medical marijuana growers to enter the regulated recreational market is headed to the governor's desk after clearing the Oregon House Wednesday.

Senate Bill 1598 passed in a 38-20 vote. The Oregon Senate approved the bill earlier this week.

SB 1598 would allow certain growers to apply for a state recreational marijuana license without having to first obtain a land-use compatibility statement.

Those statements are issued by local governments and confirm that a marijuana production site meets local zoning rules.

Under current law, all marijuana producers applying for an Oregon Liquor Control Commission license must get a land-use statement. The proposed legislation removes that requirement for small-scale marijuana growers located outside of city limits, provided they were registered with the Oregon Health Authority before Jan. 1, 2015.

The provision is intended to help bring smaller growers into the regulated recreational marijuana system through a so-called micro-canopy license, which would come with lower fees and fewer requirements.

"There are many competing interests in the cannabis world," said Rep. Carl Wilson, R-Grants Pass. "This committee has worked tirelessly to balance those competing interests."

Senate Bill 1598 also adds medical and research marijuana grows as recognized farm crops, making them easier to locate in exclusive farm use areas and protecting them from lawsuits filed by neighbors over perceived nuisances like odor and noise. Recreational marijuana grow sites are already recognized as farm crops under state law.

The proposed legislation also makes clear that local governments can impose "reasonable" time, place, and manner regulations on those marijuana operations. The bill also:
• Clarifies that home medical marijuana grows aren't subject to inspection by the Oregon Health Authority.

• Creates a sub-category of dispensaries for nonprofits. These establishments would be allowed to accept excess marijuana from growers and sell to patients for little or no cost.

• Requires the health authority to study medical marijuana access in areas underserved by dispensaries and retailers once the state's regulated marijuana industry is off the ground.

oregonlive.com

R

Robrites

Police: Roseburg man arrested; marijuana-laced candies seized

Police: Roseburg man arrested; marijuana-laced candies seized

picture.php

ROSEBURG, Ore. -- A Roseburg man was arrested and charged with multiple crimes after the Douglas Interagency Narcotics Team seized approximately three pounds of marijuana-laced candies, the DINT team reported in a news release Wednesday.

33-year-old Michael Giles, recently of Roseburg, was arrested and charged Monday. The case remains under investigation but authorities say this initial information is being provided as a public service.

The marijuana products were in the shape of candy ducks and/or 'gummy-bears', police said. There is currently no evidence to suggest they have been sold locally, but as the investigation is active authorities ask that anyone coming across such items to use caution and call police if the candies are in the possession of juveniles.

DINT also seized 10 growing marijuana plants from Giles' northeast-Roseburg residence, or more than twice as much as allowed by recreational marijuana laws. There was no evidence of medical marijuana registration in the home, police said.

Giles was charged with both the Unlawful Manufacture and Delivery of Marijuana within 1000 feet of a school, which remain Class A felonies when the amount(s) of Marijuana, or Marijuana product(s), are above legal limits set forth in the new marijuana laws (and occur that close to a school), DINT officials say.

Giles was also charged with the Unlawful Possession of Marijuana for similar reasons, but that crime will likely be charged as a misdemeanor since the overall weight was less than four times the amount allowed by statute, police said. Giles was cited in lieu of custody due to his cooperation and relative lack of recent or violent criminal history.
http://kcby.com/news/local/police-roseburg-man-arrested-marijuana-laced-candies-seized

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
….
DINT also seized 10 growing marijuana plants from Giles' northeast-Roseburg residence, or more than twice as much as allowed by recreational marijuana laws. There was no evidence of medical marijuana registration in the home, police said.

Giles was charged with both the Unlawful Manufacture and Delivery of Marijuana within 1000 feet of a school, which remain Class A felonies when the amount(s) of Marijuana, or Marijuana product(s), are above legal limits set forth in the new marijuana laws (and occur that close to a school), DINT officials say.
….

after legalization comes new felonies. going to be way worse in Cali.

A guy

No shit that's the thing it's a flower people!!!
What type of package approval do I need to sell Lavender or Roses?

Money making greed producing government at its best!

Whoa, we all know that we wouldn't be buying cannabis flowers if they didn't get us blazed. Obviously there's a huge difference from lavender or roses. I don't see any problem with packaging controls for weed. They really aren't onerous. We need professional people guiding the professional cannabis industry, not fly by night shops that don't have their sh*t together.

I went to a shop in Tillamook and they couldn't answer any questions about the clones they were selling. Shop employee even called the owner who didn't really know what he was selling. To me that's irresponsible.

Man, it is so hard to keep up with what is going on.

My thinking is
IF you are registered and plan to sell to dispensaries- yes you need to report.
As for cameras and seed to sale stuff, I have read that there will be an exemption for small time medical growers.

This is just what I believe right now. I'll dig into it.

What he said:laughing:. I called and have been given the run around because they don't even know the right answers yet. And that's a quote

No shit that's the thing it's a flower people!!!
What type of package approval do I need to sell Lavender or Roses?

Money making greed producing government at its best!

Yup. And my fear is we haven't seen the worst of it yet. Wait till Feds get involved. They could f'up a wet dream!

Whoa, we all know that we wouldn't be buying cannabis flowers if they didn't get us blazed. Obviously there's a huge difference from lavender or roses. I don't see any problem with packaging controls for weed. They really aren't onerous. We need professional people guiding the professional cannabis industry, not fly by night shops that don't have their sh*t together.

I went to a shop in Tillamook and they couldn't answer any questions about the clones they were selling. Shop employee even called the owner who didn't really know what he was selling. To me that's irresponsible.

Very good points, and I agree with the concept of your message. We really do need to do things "the right way", but my fear is when Big Brother gets involved they think with dollar signs and not common sense. We need a powerful lobby to work with them to create the criteria for our programs......but, I fear common sense will not prevail in the initial few years.

Sluicebox

SB1598

So it passed and according to Oregon live it was signed by the Gov March 3rd. I'm trying to wrap my head around that mess.

The Land Use Compatibility Statements, what does that do? Were people finding it hard to get approval? I'm not knocking the new law, just confused. I went to the county planning office last Fall and was approved easily for a 36'x72' building regarding Agriculture. I was filing for Septic Permit and Electrical when the moratorium went in so I let it go. I'm on 14 acres with water rights and a large spring and creek filled pond that we currently use to irrigate lawns, pastures and vegetable garden. Pond stays full year 'round and is full of fish. I really thought that I was in a good spot.

Those in Banned Counties are still banned? Even though this specifically deals with Medical Growers being able to expand and grow larger canopies? I was hoping that this bill would allow those of us who are current to step up a notch in these counties that have placed moratoriums. I asked someone in here via PM about this and he told me no it won't allow us in those counties to expand. No offence to you Sir, and I do thank you for answering but I'm still confused.

In my case I am in a county that has a moratorium enacted, it goes before the voters in November. It was enacted for "Public Safety" yet you can still grow in the cities in warehouses. Must be nice to be a member of the Country Club and have a few warehouses. Buy the right person a few drinks and get him to eliminate all your competition for a full year. A very small handful of people decided this was unsafe to do in rural areas, then made the decision on their own to take it from the rest of us. I imagine it will pass the public vote in November. That said I need more info on whether to build or not. I can't secure funding on maybe's.

I just love by the way how they jacked the grow site fee as well. So now your looking at $200 per card, and $200 grower registration total of $400 per patient. You are allowed a maximum of 4 cards per grower that's $1600, and 2 growers at the same address for a total of $3200 to grow 48 plants. You know back in the day this was the only state program with a surplus of money at the end of the year. Fees were supposed to go down with that. Instead the greedy bastards at the capitol saw a piggy bank they could smash for the general fund. End rant.. sorry for that.

Last edited:
R

Robrites

SB1598

So it passed and according to Oregon live it was signed by the Gov March 3rd. I'm trying to wrap my head around that mess.

The Land Use Compatibility Statements, what does that do? Were people finding it hard to get approval? I'm not knocking the new law, just confused. I went to the county planning office last Fall and was approved easily for a 36'x72' building regarding Agriculture. I was filing for Septic Permit and Electrical when the moratorium went in so I let it go. I'm on 14 acres with water rights and a large spring and creek filled pond that we currently use to irrigate lawns, pastures and vegetable garden. Pond stays full year 'round and is full of fish. I really thought that I was in a good spot.

Those in Banned Counties are still banned? Even though this specifically deals with Medical Growers being able to expand and grow larger canopies? I was hoping that this bill would allow those of us who are current to step up a notch in these counties that have placed moratoriums. I asked someone in here via PM about this and he told me no it won't allow us in those counties to expand. No offence to you Sir, and I do thank you for answering but I'm still confused.

In my case I am in a county that has a moratorium enacted, it goes before the voters in November. It was enacted for "Public Safety" yet you can still grow in the cities in warehouses. Must be nice to be a member of the Country Club and have a few warehouses. Buy the right person a few drinks and get him to eliminate all your competition for a full year. A very small handful of people decided this was unsafe to do in rural areas, then made the decision on their own to take it from the rest of us. I imagine it will pass the public vote in November. That said I need more info on whether to build or not. I can't secure funding on maybe's.

I just love by the way how they jacked the grow site fee as well. So now your looking at $200 per card, and $200 grower registration total of $400 per patient. You are allowed a maximum of 4 cards per grower that's $1600, and 2 growers at the same address for a total of $3200 to grow 48 plants. You know back in the day this was the only state program with a surplus of money at the end of the year. Fees were supposed to go down with that. Instead the greedy bastards at the capitol saw a piggy bank they could smash for the general fund. End rant.. sorry for that.
I think each individual will need to call their county and ask what specific laws and permits apply. You are right, it is confusing as hell.

Brilliant gov't. Planning. The gov't. objective is to control and maximize tax. So they are in the process of removing the OMMP and whoever stays on it will be paying extra fees for those who drop out.. next they are limiting exactly who can and who cannot grow Rec. so they use less funding doing inspections, and those counties that don't want it, they are outlawing it per county regardless of voting. In the end it will be big commercial grows in areas they can inspect. Legalizing was never going to be good for people, just good for taxes. This gov't. Behavior should not surprise anyone, when was the last time they did what the people wanted? In the end only a few counties will allow grows, they will probably not allow you to grow if your a certain distance from a dispensary, like they did in Colorado. I certainly believe this is just the beginning and more to come for restriction and regulation.

Sluicebox

Is there a way to find out which politician is controlled by who? Meaning can we see how much money special interest groups have contributed to certain politicians in this state?

StinkyFingers- you are correct, this is just the beginning of their agenda.

Robrites- I will try to call my county Monday. I doubt they will pick up the phone, never do at zoning. May try OMMP and OLCC too.

Thanks.