What's new

The Not So Solventless Clear Concentrate From Harborside!

dvdescape

so u have your trim processed by them? They give you clear in return?

Yes. They do it for a couple guys I know. They're really busy, so they're services are in demand without a doubt. Good guys and people are happy with what they're doing.

Where are you located?

dybert

yeah, your way off dvdescape. If this is something that interests you, please inform yourself. Start by reading this whole thread. I've not the time to go thru it.

He's not way off.

They do not process trim, or plant material.

They only refine concentrates to the "clear" product we're discussing.

This is exactly why they charge for co2 extraction, and then the refining process.

They also charge $1 extra per gram if your starting concentrate is hash, not an extract.

So it is the NEOS? Because I was looking into this years ago but couldn't figure out anything. When I asked GW he said "I've never tried it, but suspect that it works well on monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes, but not on the heavier diterpene cannabinoids. Steam is used to collect the first two, but not the diterpenes."

Some guy on one of the forums I was on was thinking of getting it back in 2011, but he never reported what he found, He only left this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXDS2KqsB8o. I can show my conversation with GW if you would like? I showed him this link back in Nov 2013 when I started to hear "the clear" like everyday...but I couldn't find anything on it plus back then I was happy with winterizing and buchner so didnt really pursue it.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Only d-limonene extract I've ever seen is pictures of the one that was made in Canada and entered into the PNW secret cup a few months ago. Looked great. Was supposedly run in a closed loop system.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are any of you familiar with using d-Limonene for oil extraction?

Just picked up two liters of quality d Limonene from the well head for experimentation, after that entry won a prize.

I went straight to Lebermuth Co for premier quality d Limonene with certifications, and then talked to Horatio, the Canadian brother who extracted the oil and submitted the entry, to determine how he did it.

He gave the following advice:

Vacuum distill the Limonene first to get the heavier elements out first, same as butane. The heavier elements are too hard to get out later and leave a strong taste.

Winterize with Ethanol.

Use a Rotovape and dry ice cold trap to remove the Limonene and alcohol under vacuum at low temperatures.

Wash the remaining Limonene out as an azeotrope using water washes and cold boiling under vacuum.

By cold boiling, he was able to maintain his entry in carboxylic acid shatter form and the Limonene measured no higher than the rest of the terpenes.

Though all monoterpenes were low by BHO standards, the judges reported that it was pleasant tasting, smooth, and effective. Enough to give it first place in connoisseurs class.

Certainly sounded worth looking at. Hee, hee, hee..............

Attachments

• d Limonene certificate of analysis-1-1.jpg
    d Limonene certificate of analysis-1-1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 14
  • d Limonene certificate of analysis-1-2.jpg
    d Limonene certificate of analysis-1-2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 14
  • d Limonene certificate of analysis-1-3.jpg
    d Limonene certificate of analysis-1-3.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 13
Just picked up two liters of quality d Limonene from the well head for experimentation, after that entry won a prize.

I went straight to Lebermuth Co for premier quality d Limonene with certifications, and then talked to Horatio, the Canadian brother who extracted the oil and submitted the entry, to determine how he did it.

Vacuum distill the Limonene first to get the heavier elements out first, same as butane. The heavier elements are too hard to get out later and leave a strong taste.

Winterize with Ethanol.

Use a Rotovape and dry ice cold trap to remove the Limonene and alcohol under vacuum at low temperatures.

Wash the remaining Limonene out as an azeotrope using water washes and cold boiling under vacuum.

By cold boiling, he was able to maintain his entry in carboxylic acid shatter form and the Limonene measured no higher than the rest of the terpenes.

Though all monoterpenes were low by BHO standards, the judges reported that it was pleasant tasting, smooth, and effective. Enough to give it first place in connoisseurs class.

Do you know if Mr. Delbert has any insight into whether or not fractional distillation columns would allow him to collect lost terpenes or would they be too difficult to separate from the alcohol and limonene?

I have some d-limonene on the way as well but I just noticed my glycerin ...
. What about emulsifying bho with glycerin and then vacuum distilling? Any thoughts?

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Winterize with Ethanol.

"Horatio, the Canadian brother" uses a rotovap.

GW, I invoked your name so many times at the Chalice Cup... they gave me a pendant for being such a nuisance! ;-) For those who were so kind to put up with me, I had an awesome time, thanks!!!

I avoided the crowded HGH booth just because of The Clear. Why bother, when there was excellent single solvent nugg run shatter everywhere, waiting to be dabbed up for free.

Every booth seemed to have their own DIY version of an E-nail, basically just different cases for the PID controller. Most of the enails were thick with 'sludge' which made taste comparisons difficult, I had to first dab with my own oil as a reference before trying the vendor's dab.

At least one booth ran the continuous promotion of 'if you can hit a full gram in one toke, you get a second gram to keep.' The initial gram is also free, and there's no entry fee. I stepped up to object as this seemed dangerous, but before I reached the head of the crowd I'd already heard the roar of approval as someone had won their free gram, and everyone making the attempts were walking away unassisted with big grins on their faces, there wasn't even a lot of raucous coughing going on. Looney tunes, but damn, the whole event was looney tunes, in a good way. F'ing pig fest of oil, huge purged splats of shatter out for display, and most of the time, consumption. Free tasting was going on everywhere, table after table. You could buy, sell, do whatever, I saw no drug dealing, or sleazy behavior, just a lot of peaceful people enjoying life.

Hubby's several foot high medicated flowing chocolate fountain, along with their constantly replenished chocolate covered fresh fruit trays (I tried the sliced apples and strawberries) was presented in a comfortable tent with live mellow sounds. Fire Type Extracts with two clean enails were at the end of the long table to finish you off... :biggrin: Large sofas with coffee tables were arranged as a lounge, with a some stand up tables nearer the action, this arrangement could also be found in the other tents. Best upscale presentation of show award from me. Fire Type was really on it with the enails, they had them raised up to chest level on a platform so you could walk right up and receive your blessing, the guy and gal reps had the dress and demeanor of heavenly personal accolades. The whole tent came off to me as a highly functional art piece, "now take take me to the real Wonkin' Flo, Willy!" ;-)) Well done, :tiphat:

No known arrests, and no hassles, one young lady fainted, but got up several seconds later on her own I was told. And this event also served alcohol!

The guy from Dab Genius (pictured) would like share his knowledge of rotovaps and maybe even find a way to offer them here at ICMAG if you guys would be interested in that. He knows GW... I made a lot of great connections.....

Pic of the pendant, Hitman hit it Sky High with this Holy Convocation!

Scored a free quart of ethanol, Kleen Extracts was not aware we have a solid ethanol connection, would someone post the link (gallons/55 gallon drums) so I can get it to them, they would like to compete for our business.

Mother Ship with a pristine honey bucket was the cleanest dab, smoooooth!

I'll be testing the NXXT 2 ZERO butane I was given Tuesday.

Attachments

• P1010289.jpg
    P1010289.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 14
  • P1010291.jpg
    P1010291.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 11
  • P1010292.jpg
    P1010292.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you know if Mr. Delbert has any insight into whether or not fractional distillation columns would allow him to collect lost terpenes or would they be too difficult to separate from the alcohol and limonene?

Solly, didn't ask that question, but know some separation is possible with fractional distillation using a rotovape.

I do know that he's using a dry ice cold trap for collection, so has what it takes to do so.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The guy from Dab Genius (pictured) would like share his knowledge of rotovaps and maybe even find a way to offer them here at ICMAG if you guys would be interested in that. He knows GW... I made a lot of great connections.....

Hee, hee, hee, a ghost from Christmas past, in the olden days before my professional retirement!

I can see that he too has found a new hobby in retirement. Coming from the R&D lab of a Fortune 500 company , should give him adequate insight on running a rotovape, and a wealth of other information to share.

Perhaps I can track him down and encourage him to join in?

Latest posts

Latest posts