What's new

The Not So Solventless Clear Concentrate From Harborside!

Daub Marley

the terps they add are identical to the ones found in marijuana.
I don't know if I agree with this. If they were the same they would smell the same.

1 create specific formulas for different diseases... exact % of thc and cbd and terpene blends to achieve results.... you wouldnt cure cancer with the same formula you would use for epilepsy.. a tailored recipe for individuals specific needs is how medicine works.

2. enhance the cannabinoids potential by using terpenes as carriers and catalysts to aid in the process of binding to cb receptors.... less is more!

3. product the same batches consistantly over and over. where as bubble hash and bho is a shot in the dark and the % of actual medicinal compoounds isnt known until its tested and a finished product..... keep in mind the future of cannabis as medicine isnt something you smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These are all great benefits to medical marijuana, but someone clearly didn't understand the culture of the cannabis community. Everything was kept a secret and wasn't upfront about adding non-cannabis sourced terpenes. It would have been a lot of effort to convince people and they needed momentum, so it seems that they took a long shot and hoped that it would be so much better than what's out there that people would look past it at a certain point. That backfired and it's really too bad because those benefits you describe are badly needed. Everyone behind the clear should have been more transparent.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chubbs and Tang on the solventless, starts at 4:22 in... Chubbs eventually dabs it and has like an 'allergic' reaction...

http://youtu.be/kPQXDiaiUgg

From 'Comments'
"Matt Rize 4 hours ago
Big ups Chubbs! I am in NorCal not Colorado haha! All good. What Clear Conc revealed to me was that they are in fact adding purchased bottled terps to their purified BHO, and calling it solventfree. Same for HGH and anyone else making this "solventfree" flavored BHO." 

Last edited:

cyphaman

gross.

Reminds me of the conundrum that we've been hearing from the maker of LHO where they use food grade orange terpenes to extract cannabis oil, leaves a nasty harsh throat burn effect, and even traces of residuals which likely could be from the terpenes being combined to make this "clear" shit.

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
@Sky..

Thank you for sharing that video.

How the hell did this product ever reach the reputation of a ” coveted concentrate”?

Just watching Chub's facial expression upon just sticking his nose into the jar, speaks volumes.
And@Cyphaman..
100% agreement, D-Limonene is very hard to purge out completely.

Seems like the so called ” advancement in technology” regarding cannabis concentrates is embodying the proverbial
” one step forward, two steps back” paradigm.

And the monster continues to grow.

Daub Marley

"Tastes like old fish" lol. I guarantee if he thought the terpenes used were from cannabis he would say that it tasted like berries or something. If it's harsh that's because the terpenes themselves are harsh. Monoterpenes are expectorants as GW always says. Before I can give any credibility to anyone's opinion they must be able to give an unbiased report without any background knowledge that might skew their opinion.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Tastes like old fish" lol. I guarantee if he thought the terpenes used were from cannabis he would say that it tasted like berries or something. If it's harsh that's because the terpenes themselves are harsh. Monoterpenes are expectorants as GW always says. Before I can give any credibility to anyone's opinion they must be able to give an unbiased report without any background knowledge that might skew their opinion.

The dude got a real allergic reaction to it, something's wrong. I have no problem with capturing the essences that would have been lost during purging and adding them back in, but weed oil should be 100% weed oil, and nothing else, unless you state otherwise on the packaging with all the details.

My thanks to the boys for once again taking the high road as they did previously in their stance against synthetic THC.

As a side to this, preloaded vapor pen cartridges should list the ingredients if they contain anything other than cannabis oil.

L

Luther Burbank

this sounds nasty, cleaning dirty oil then adding fake terp's to trick your sense's..
Whats wrong with proper organic grown to make the headiest?

Every brand of OJ sold has this done and no one is the wiser.

RoadRash

man oh man what a depressing thought. but if we look at the legal cig industry and how they grow their tobacco. also how they add 150 different additives to the end product you have to realize the RB is probably right. when it gets 100% legal the flavors will probably be synthetically added after the fact. they will use every allowed pesticide and fertilizer and make up for the shit quality they achieve with chemical flavorings and synthetic thc etc.

The US gov. said Corexit was safe when it was used on the BP oil spill.

Then we heard more from LA-ans like Kindra Arnesen. The US government's definition of safe is quite often altered by considerations of profit & privilege.

I generally trust fanaticism about purity from a local grower who just wants to do it right and started out making medicine for themselves.

But trust the US gov. or a large corporation or a poorly run small corporation ...

Daub Marley

The dude got a real allergic reaction to it, something's wrong.
Where? I watched like 15 minutes of it and he just said his eyes were watering and he got a headache. I'm not disputing his claims I'm just not giving it any credence either. You can never underestimate the placebo effect and I bet you anything that if you give a person clean "grade A" hash or wax and tell them something negative like it had mildew in it and they will never give a positive response.
I have no problem with capturing the essences that would have been lost during purging and adding them back in, but weed oil should be 100% weed oil, and nothing else, unless you state otherwise on the packaging with all the details.

My thanks to the boys for once again taking the high road as they did previously in their stance against synthetic THC.
I personally want the natural scent of the plant because I know it's complete and missing nothing. More work needs to be done to understand the various components and how they interact before it can be broken up and recreated. Terpenes are just recently being uncovered and CBD was largely overlooked. Every recreation seems to be ineffective in comparison because people get overconfident and think that they know more than they actually do.
I agree 100% with the labeling. Either they were ignorant about the correct way to roll out a new product or they knew exactly what knind of reaction they might get and chose to keep it a secret. It doesn't matter. They shot themselves in the foot.

jim dankness

Chubbs and Tang on the solventless, starts at 4:22 in... Chubbs eventually dabs it and has like an 'allergic' reaction...

http://youtu.be/kPQXDiaiUgg

From 'Comments'
"Matt Rize 4 hours ago
Big ups Chubbs! I am in NorCal not Colorado haha! All good. What Clear Conc revealed to me was that they are in fact adding purchased bottled terps to their purified BHO, and calling it solventfree. Same for HGH and anyone else making this "solventfree" flavored BHO." 

FWIW HGH and the Clear might seem similar but are two different animals-- specifically in that HGH is not only VERY heavy handed on the terpenes, but has been rejected from dispensaries for having well above 500ppm of residual butune. The Clear, on the other hand, if it does have any residuals they're undetectable (below 10ppm).

purp&kush

whats the deal with hgh solvent free?

i take it the flavor(terps) are fake(not originating from flower used to

make hgh clear,(assuming the flower used is the same name as final

product). also all names(flavors) are fruit(citrus) orange99 og, tangie,

grapefruit, berry og, & the jack/trainwreck smell going around in

various clear concentrates. are they faking the funk?

who(brandname) makes the best solvent less dabs with flavor???

Mj_innovations

the basically can take crappy oil and refine through a particular distillation process I can't share and then they add back terps. I'd like to believe the terps they add back in are naturally derived, but I don't know the answer.

:laughing: Its funny how some people choose to act like they have a secret that nobody else knows when they discover a new TEK for making oil.
The particular distillation he is talking about is called sublimation and it can be used to separate cannabinoids and terpenes from crude extracts.

Latest posts

Latest posts