What's new

The Mill's Pride Club

icough2getoff

Hey Chief, glad you got that installed. I thought of doing the same thing, but had a hard time figuring out how I was going to cut the metal plate and make new screw holes. I almost took it to a welder. I'm curious what you used to cut yours. Sounds pretty sweet.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
LOl, I have my own machine shop behind my house so I just put it on the bandsaw. I didn't realize until you mentioned it that it could be difficult for some. As soon as you said so, a mental picture of someone with bleeding hands and a hacksaw went through my head roflmao.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Icough, bTW does you magnet get a little warm? Mine says the min mA is 500 so I attached a 800 mA transformer and last night it was almost 2 hot too touch. It had to of been raising my cab temps as hot as it was. This morning I attached a 400 mA transformer and it's much better but not exactly cool.

icough2getoff

Yeah my magnets do get a little warm but I wouldn't say mine get anywhere near hot, just warm. I've been using 12VDC 1A power cords that I had lying around. I want to say my larger magnets get more warm than my smaller ones but I haven't wired them back up yet since I moved. I think tokinsmokin has a huge magnet like yours somewhere, maybe he'll chime in about how warm his gets compared to his smaller ones.

P

pipe dream

LED's on a mover?

LED's on a mover?

:dunno: Anybody tried this in a cab? I have twin c-24 (side by side) Currently have two 400 watt hps in one cab and the other has two 250 hps. Power company is putting new poles and digital meters in my area, and I'm a little worried about that. I have been toying with the idea of re-working the spaces into one long narrow unit and installing a LED fixture or two on a light rail. Has anyone here even tried growing in a large cab/closet with only LED's?

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Awesome thread, definitely one of the best on IC!

I did some scouting today, I figure I'll leave some info here in case anyone else finds it useful.

Home Depot

ClosetMaid SKU#12298
71.75" tall x 29.625" wide x 20.5" deep = 4.2sqft
$95

ClosetMaid SKU#12336
71.75" tall x 48" wide x 20.75" deep = 6.92sqft
$108

Lowes

Versakit SKU#179727 Model#ST36V
70.5" tall x 36" wide x 20.75" deep = 5.2sqft
$198

Unfortunately for me, 29.6" wide just doesn't quite cut it. It's going to cost me $100 more to get the 36" wide one from Lowe's, but I think the extra width will be well worth it. I've been going over this thread and testing things out in Sketchup, and I think we're getting to the final draft of my 2nd design.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Some good looking cabinets. I thought about getting me one of those Mill's Pride cabinets. If I ever clean out the garage... The thought of having HID in a cabinet is really arousing. Even add in some hydro honey action... Loved kelly's cabinet set-up with the SCROG and the hydro. Should be a real producer. K++

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran

How does everyone manage the power cord going in? There's nothing less stealthy than an electrical cord running into a cabinet. That's my current idea, could change. I'm thinking about a shelf about 1-2' up and having space for a reservoir down there for a drip system. The louvers might go in the back, depending on how I rearrange the room to accommodate the new cabinet.

Cabinet Grower

I have two electrical penetrations in my C-13. One is for the power strip which runs the internal fans and humidifier. The second is for the lamp since I keep my ballast outside the cab. I drilled 1 inch diameter holes in the back wall of the cab (enables me to get the electrical plug through the hole). To keep the light from escaping, i cut an old pool noodle into 1 inch lengths and use the noodle pieces to wrap around the cords and fit tight against the 1" holes in the cab.

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Hey, folks. How is it growing? Popped in to say hi. Nice to the the Chief still around. I thought of you the other day when I visited O'Kief's site. I was a little disappointed to see they took down the gallery including my pics from years ago. No biggie. I'll be around....

Simon

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
How does everyone manage the power cord going in? There's nothing less stealthy than an electrical cord running into a cabinet.

I submit a cord entering the cabinet in the rear, where it can't be seen, is more stealth than dark room louvers in clear view on the sides. I've never visited someone and counted the cords along the baseboard to determine if there are more cords to one side of a cabinet than the other. On the other hand, I'd see those louvers across the room and have an immediate idea of what's happening.

Can you place the cab in front of the outlet? That way there's nothing to see at all.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
I submit a cord entering the cabinet in the rear, where it can't be seen, is more stealth than dark room louvers in clear view on the sides. I've never visited someone and counted the cords along the baseboard to determine if there are more cords to one side of a cabinet than the other. On the other hand, I'd see those louvers across the room and have an immediate idea of what's happening.

Can you place the cab in front of the outlet? That way there's nothing to see at all.

Good point. I'd like to have the louver in the back but with the cabinet against the wall that would definitely impede airflow. If people come over I can just lean something against the side of the cabinet. Thanks for putting it in perspective.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Perhaps over wide side panels? They'll provide the illusion of the cab meeting the wall when in fact, the baseboard will force a 1 inch by 6 foot gap. Thats 72 si of intake per side to feed your louvers. PLUS the opening at the top that only an NBA player could see.

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Good point. I'd like to have the louver in the back but with the cabinet against the wall that would definitely impede airflow. If people come over I can just lean something against the side of the cabinet. Thanks for putting it in perspective.

Honestly, louvers in the back don't make a big difference in airflow, as long as the cab isn't directly against the wall.

Simon

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
I doubt you can do that with a 600 in a C13. It's my belief that airflow sufficient to cool will blow any sense of stealth to hell unless the cab, or the fan, is behind locked doors.

I agree. A 600HPS in a C13 is tough to do and largely unnecessary. OTOH, a 600HPS in a C22 is worth having. FWIW, heat is a non-issue with efficient ventilation.

I realize it's a reply to an older comment, but if anyone is interested in running a 600 in a larger cab, perhaps I can help.

Simon