What's new

The Mill's Pride Club

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
glad to see the c13 boyz around. used to run a mean c13, went to a 1200 watt 4x8 tent next and still working it out. loved the c13 years, grew ak48, blockhead, and lots of ssh in there......peace smoke love to origins and self sufficiency

Was your SSH grow in the thread on OG? If so I remember it. I have some GHS SSH lined up (vegging too long) and I may hit you up with some questions if you don't mind as I was pretty impressed with that grow.

Pine

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran

I think it was on OG and I have some pictures on here of it as well. any questions shoot. peace smoke

E

Elcap

Sup. Home De Pot switched suppliers, so it's not Mill's anymore but the new one is similar, and works as you can see:

picture.php

eglider

FWIW to the new guys...
An easy way to see if your cabinet is twisted being screwed to the wall is to take the doors off (hopefully just loosening 3rd screw will do) and tape string tightly cross corner top to bottom (make an x). As you bring the second string slowly across the first string, see if it pushes the first sring in. If it just touches the first string youre ok. If you have a gap where the strings cross, shim out opposite top side of the cabinet. The idea is to get the strings to just touch without gaps or pushing on each other. Now your cabinet is on a flat plane and the doors should line up much better. If they arent warped by now ...lol
I've seen million $ houses with walls 1" out of plumb and walls that were so twisted that you couldnt hang a 32" door, never mind a double door.

Cheap fast growth framing lumber. Instead of eco-friendly engineered hemp lumber, straight and true, insect resistent, cheaper, less fuel to produce. Write your congressman.

The stoned carpenters with bad levels I cant help you with. Old carpenters who used plumb bobs are all dead so no luck there.

You can used this info to amaze and delight kids at birthday parties but I suggest you dress it up a bit.

Mcclodge

Stardust Inquiry

Stardust Inquiry

Hey guys, just let me say it's good to see that this little corner of the world isn't extinct after OG's downfall. I was a little bit surprised to find this replica of the Mill's pride club. I used to be a daily poster on OG with Maliboo and some of you others.

He managed to send me some of those Stardust 13 Hybrid seeds about 5 years ago. I would have been one of the first 12 peeps he sent them out too.
But the day I had them germinated and ready for planting, the law came to my house so I had to pull off a one hour miracle. I had to flush them.

I was able to keep in touch with Mal until he stopped posting at TreatingYourself Forums, But I never had a chance to ask him for another dozen. So I was curious to see if any of you people still had some of them in your stock. If you do please let me know, they would be a godsend ;)

My promised strain report on them was my agreed payment for all those days Maliboo helped me learn the trade. I would like to keep good on my word. And if I remember it right they came from some damn nice genetics as well :)

Please let me know if you can help.:yeahthats

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
So I was curious to see if any of you people still had some of them in your stock. If you do please let me know, they would be a godsend ;)

Such requests are not allowed in the forums. If any wish to trade though PMs, that's their own business but, for obvious security reasons it's not recommended.

Jnugg

Veteran
Sup. Home De Pot switched suppliers, so it's not Mill's anymore but the new one is similar, and works as you can see:

picture.php

Still have my C13,been going strong since my days at OG!!

Elcap,I haven't needed to go to Lowes or HD in a few years (don't have to do home improvements if you rent) and was wondering....who is the new company that HD stocks and what are the internal dimensions?

What are the inner dimensions of the new C13 wannabee?

Do they have a model that is like the old C24 (4' x 2' x 6')?I'm asking becuase I have been wanting a cab in those dimensions for a while now as I think it would be easier to pull a perpetual/dual stage grow in the old C24 style boxes with a 400w HPS rather then trying once more to split my C13 in two with the top half for flower and the bottom half for mom/clone/veg.

Using something along those dimensions would allow me a 2' x 3' x 6' space for flowering and a 2' x 1' x 2.5' area for mothers,and a 2' x 1' x 2' area for clones/vegging clones,and a 2' x 1' x 2' area for utilities.

M

movingtocally

Still have my C13,been going strong since my days at OG!!

Elcap,I haven't needed to go to Lowes or HD in a few years (don't have to do home improvements if you rent) and was wondering....who is the new company that HD stocks and what are the internal dimensions?

What are the inner dimensions of the new C13 wannabee?

Do they have a model that is like the old C24 (4' x 2' x 6')?I'm asking becuase I have been wanting a cab in those dimensions for a while now as I think it would be easier to pull a perpetual/dual stage grow in the old C24 style boxes with a 400w HPS rather then trying once more to split my C13 in two with the top half for flower and the bottom half for mom/clone/veg.

Using something along those dimensions would allow me a 2' x 3' x 6' space for flowering and a 2' x 1' x 2.5' area for mothers,and a 2' x 1' x 2' area for clones/vegging clones,and a 2' x 1' x 2' area for utilities.
bump. I'm curious as well.

M

movingtocally

My curiosity got to me and I made a trip to Home Depot. I forgot to write down the manufacturer, but they have a cab with the following dimensions: 71(tall), 48' width, 20' deep. Shelving is perfect for what you are describing Jnugg. They want 108 bucks for it here. There is another cabinet with the same dimensions except the width is 30' instead of 48, selling for 95 bucks as well.

EDIT: went to Lowes as well, didn't find shit worth nothing.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Now that my stealth bookshelf is gone I need to invest in one of these cabinets. Has anyone found a way to put a lock on the doors and who sells mills pride now?

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Mills Pride is gone but, very similar models are still available. Easiest way to lock them is with a hasp but, then you've got people asking what's behind the lock.

JBlaze

When my wife and I moved into our new house she laid down the ground rules... I couldn't use any of our spare bedrooms for a full blown grow. I guess I've been spoiled in the past running my 2k. I guess since we weren't renting anymore she didn't want to lose the house.

Well after searching for a cab I found that 48''x20''x72'' at HD. I'm trying to see if I can get a 600 watt cooltube to work. Any advice on what type of ventilation I would need to cool this baby down? The ambient temps for when the lights will be on are 75 degrees.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
I was kinda hoping to get a little less obvious lock than a hasp but I'd probably have to put a center strip of wood between the doors for an integrated lock (like you would find on a filing cabinet)

Now that I think about it I could probably drill a hole In the top board of the cabinet down through each door and use a pin. If I need to open the doors I just pull the pin up out of each door. Kinda like using a removable dowel....catch my drift?

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Well after searching for a cab I found that 48''x20''x72'' at HD. I'm trying to see if I can get a 600 watt cooltube to work. Any advice on what type of ventilation I would need to cool this baby down? The ambient temps for when the lights will be on are 75 degrees.

At 90 wsf, I think you're begging for trouble. A 400 would be a better fit. A 600 needs to be hung higher chewing up valuable grow space.

Now that I think about it I could probably drill a hole In the top board of the cabinet down through each door and use a pin. If I need to open the doors I just pull the pin up out of each door. Kinda like using a removable dowel....catch my drift?

I've thought the same thing. Only problem I foresee is it only locks doors at the top. Locking doors at top AND bottom would take a dowel as tall as the cab. Unless you've cathedral ceilings that could be a problem.

You may want to investigate magnetic locks.

icough2getoff

I was kinda hoping to get a little less obvious lock than a hasp but I'd probably have to put a center strip of wood between the doors for an integrated lock (like you would find on a filing cabinet)

That's a pretty sweet idea Chief, I'd be real interested how it turns out if you ended up going that route. One option I found to lock them tight without any obvious locks is electromagnetic locks. It's definitely a little more pricey though.

I wired the locks together and have them plugged into a remote power switch so I lock/unlock with a key chain remote. In case of power failure, or if someone were to unplug the power to my cab, I have the remote power switch plugged into an APC battery backup that I ripped the sound alarm out of. Nobody can peek any light on those corners, it's pretty damn secure. I think those locks are somewhere around 130lbs each.

Another lock some people use is the $7 magnetic tot locks but in my experience a good jerk was able to open my cab no problem when I ran them.

3045electro_mag_locks.JPG

FreezerBoy

Veteran
But do you think it is plausible with a 6'' vortex venting the space and a seperate 4'' cooling the light?

With enough airflow, sure. However, more airflow equals more noise. If you've never heard a centrifugal fan, they're mind blowing, sitting under the Saturn V at liftoff, loud. If you can place the fan behind locked doors or in the attic, noise can be tamed. Anyone inside the room will know there's a fan and will demand to know what it's for.

JBlaze

Thanks for your answer freezerboy. I've grown with 400s and 600s before and I've seen the jump in yield by going up to the 600s. I really wanted to fit one in this cab. I might have to defer to your experience on this one. But the 6'' and 4'' combo would be sufficient if I had the right amount of intake?

FreezerBoy

Veteran
But the 6'' and 4'' combo would be sufficient if I had the right amount of intake?

I don't know the exact numbers you'd want but, I do believe you can cool it. Please note my own grow is a "hide in plain sight" style. Stealth is my primary concern, I'm talking "homicide detective standing right next to it asking about the dead body in the house" stealth and it tends to color my observations.

I doubt you can do that with a 600 in a C13. It's my belief that airflow sufficient to cool will blow any sense of stealth to hell unless the cab, or the fan, is behind locked doors.

Latest posts

Latest posts