What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Mill's Pride Club

gdbud

Mill Pride cabinets use to be sold at Home Depot but they no longer sold there, But they do sell something similar or look on craigs list.

B

BlackThumb

Then they should seriously consider giving up.

Before my first post here, I read the title to EVERY thread on this forum, checked every thread that seemed to apply, read and book marked every thread that did apply. Then I did it again.

My reward, beyond my Mentor and Mod badges, is I now measure colas against my forearm rather than my thumb. How bad do you want to learn?

[hijack]
Well said FB.
That is why you sport those well deserved badges of honor.

My badges of honor come from the fruits of my labor. Reading and adsorbing everything I have found here; toss in a little patience and practice and the end result for me has been outstanding.

Thanks FB and all the others that have shared their knowledge.

-BT
[/hijack]

cfltime

Ok. I am set on using this for a G cab.

I found one I hope will work. What do you think? Here is the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kitchen-Garage-Laundry-Basement-2-Door-Storage-Cabinet_W0QQitemZ280342112638QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4145b1297e

Are the dimensions ok? I really only need 2-4 girls in there with a 250. That should keep me going every month.

I can not stand paying 189 and 38 bucks for shipping. If I have to, I guess I have to. I love the simplicity this cab brings to us. Anyone find these babies cheaper?

No off gassing issues with the white material that these cabs are made with? I would think not as I have seen many a grow on this thread, and no issues. I wonder what its made out of.

Is there anyone trying to sell there used "C" cabs? I will buy it from you.

gdbud

I would look at Lowls, Home Depot, Ikea, Walmart, used office fixture stores, Craigs list and save the shipping cost. I found my cabinet still in the box on craigs list for $50.
Just take your time and look around there are cheaper ones out there.

M

m00nchild

For those of you like myself who are looking for something a little smaller, this cabinet from walmart looks like a good one:

0002998672004_500X500.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Storage-Cabinet-Alder/11061206

It's only 22" x 15" (and 5 feet tall), but that's basically 2 square feet, so it's something. I'm about to get one, since they are only $54 at my local store. I think I can use it as an all-in-one cab, and I'm working out the design right now.

Anyone think I could cram a 250w in there? Yeah I wish. But it should be perfect for a 150 and scrog.

I will be the guinea pig for this cabinet. :)

sumo

Hey moonchild, sup? You probably want the 250w in there if all in one means growing from seed and vegging and flowering in same cab. Vent it enough and go with the 250w.

M

m00nchild

Seriously? I kinda figured a 250 would be too much for 2.2 sq ft? I actually haven't bought my light yet, so I'll consider this. Does anyone else think a 250 would work in here? I'll be using a 265 cfm dayton pulling through a can filter, and the cabinet will have a 8"x8" darkroom vent for passive intake.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
You might be able to fit 250w in there but it would sound like a jet engine.

I grew with a 150w in a cabinet that size to start off, I had no complaints at all. Keep the canopy even, and the bulb close.

M

m00nchild

Well the lights themselves don't make any noise, it's just the fans that do, and I'll be using the 265 cfm dayton no matter which wattage light I go with. I just figured that 250 watter would be too bright, and bleach the leaves or something. That's like 120w psf!

Unless an overwhelming majority of people tell me to get a 250, I'll just be going with a 150. Htgsupply has them for $69! Now I just have to wire up some PL-L's for the mothers and I'll be set. I think this walmart cabinet will be perfect for my needs. I think I should be able to harvest a qp every 2 to 3 months, and my gf and I only use an ounce a month, so we shall see!

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
I know the lights don't make any noise. :)

If you're going with the same fan no matter what, and it's able to cool the 250w, I would go for that. But if not, that would end up being an expensive experiment.

M

m00nchild

I know I was just busting your chops. :)

Yeah, even if it *might* work, it's still a might, and the 250 hps at htgsupply is like twice the price of the 150. I might as well get 2 150s. But no, I think I'll stick with a single 150 on this one.

As far as sound goes, I knew what you meant. But I find this blower not to be too loud, actually. I had a 4" sunleaves inline fan one time that was MUCH louder than this thing. Plus, I'll be insulating the cabinet a bit, which will muffle some of the sound. But last, and not least, is the fact that in my bedroom, where this cab will be, I have a window AC unit that is on all the time 24/7, and it is much louder than the cab will be.

I think I've finally gotten all my ducks in a row now. I'm going to build the cab when I get back from vacation next week, and start caulking the gaps, lightproofing and locking the doors, and insulating with reflectix. I can't wait to start smoking mandala genetics again!

sumo

moonchild. The lumens per watt , the lamps efficiency ,go up till you get to 600w hps the most efficient hid. With 5 foot tall cab you want penetration. You will be working to get 4 OZ's from 150w hps. A 250 will double yield and with window ac running 24/7 you won't have heat issues. Use the extra yield to make friends or pay for electric bill. Have fun. I have a 250 hps sitting in basement doing nothing because it couldn't keep up with my family. I'm running a 400w hps and ran out just recently because of a poor yield last grow.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I can not stand paying 189 and 38 bucks for shipping.

I remember being a starving student. Broke is broke but, what's a lid going for these days? $200, $400, $600? Yeah $230 sounds like a Chunk-O-Change but, $230 for a lifetime of nearly free weed doesn't sound bad at all. Whether 150, 250, pre-built or DIY, quality lighting pays for itself real fast.

M

m00nchild

Hey sumo, I'm listening to you. So, I've decided that if I can get a better yield with one in the same small space, then I'm going with a 250. The problem is they are almost twice the price of the 150's. Anyone know where I can get a 250w hps cheaper than htgsupply?

M

m00nchild

^ Yes, this is definitely the cheapest way. But I am not very good at bending sheet metal to form a reflector, I have learned in the past...

M

m00nchild

Okay, while I wait to figure out what light I will be using, I've already begun building the cabinet. Thought I'd post a few pics here to show people that these Walmart cabinets are actually really nice looking! And the 2.3 sq ft footprint is going to be perfect for my needs. I cut 8" x 8" square holes for the darkroom vents in the corresponding boards before I started putting it together, which made it much easier for me. Then, I put it all together, and this is what I have as of now:

Attachments

• closed doors.JPG
    closed doors.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 31
  • darkroom vents.JPG
    darkroom vents.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Latest posts