What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Mill's Pride Club

would the members who grow out of these cabs be willing to show details pick of there set-ups?
i really looking for how other have placed their ventilation and exhaust set-ups. along with how they run their power to their cabs, and all around stealth that various members have used.
and any one use a 400w hps i would really like to see your set-up and ventilation set-up.

Thanks
J_R

Okiedope

Wow, this thread made its way over from OG? oh the memories. crazy. is maliboo still around? i wish i had kept a cut from those NLxMr.Nice beans he made.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
would the members who grow out of these cabs be willing to show details pick of there set-ups?
i really looking for how other have placed their ventilation and exhaust set-ups. along with how they run their power to their cabs, and all around stealth that various members have used.
and any one use a 400w hps i would really like to see your set-up and ventilation set-up.

Thanks
J_R

What you're looking for has been posted many times in this thread already. There's 1200 posts! When you see someone posting in this thread with something you're interested in, go to their profile and check out threads they've started, there's usually lots of good info to be found that way.

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
14187309box2mech-med.jpg

Thanks
J_R

As mentioned, look through the thread. I can only suggest that when you do build a cab, don't copy anyone's design unless it's a perfect fit for your individual situation. When I designed and built my C22s, I looked through all commonly seen cabs and decided to take another route. Now, some years later, items that seemed new at the time - like darkroom louvers - are fairly common.

As I had a pic of one of my cabs (I have 2) in my gallery here, I posted it above. The hood was raised for a better view of the plants. I first posted it on OG, which tells you a bit about its age, but both cabs still look exactly the same right now. Both cabs are identical - HPS600s, Vortex fans, etc.

Simon

What you're looking for has been posted many times in this thread already. There's 1200 posts! When you see someone posting in this thread with something you're interested in, go to their profile and check out threads they've started, there's usually lots of good info to be found that way.

that's understood but people who are looking into these cabs for the first time, might find 87 pages to look through alittle much. Maybe i should said something to the effect of like a MillsPride Data base thread. where there is only set-up with pics and details. like lights, ventilation and exhaust and what temps that member gets with that set-up. were they mount their ballast and timers etc. then from there members can pm each other and ask question. just a thread of pic and data from that set-up.

Simon thats for the pics and info. What CFM is that vortex and what temps is your cab running at with a light of that watts and exhaust? and how loud is it from the outside?

Thanks

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
What CFM is that vortex and what temps is your cab running at with a light of that watts and exhaust? and how loud is it from the outside?

Thanks

I can't recall what CFM the fan is rated for; it's the 6" model. The temps with 1 cab on are ~1-2F above ambient. With both cabs running - they're right across from each other in a small room - are ~5-6F above ambient at plant height. Each cab has 2x8" darkroom louvers on its side and 4x4" louvers running along the span of the floor mounted on the back.

The fans blow into Can66 filters. I've used Can50s in the past and liked them more, size-wise. Either choice arguably borders on overkill, but the results speak for themselves.

As the cabs are in their own room, the perceived noise is minimal. The fans run at fairly low speed, and can be turned off during the dark period, if desired. The cycle can be adjust per one's lifestyle. For example, my rooms all run at night and see dark during the daytime. I flower from 9PM-9AM in the winter, and 10PM-10AM in the summer.

To answer your question, if a single cab is running and someone is standing next to it, he can definitely tell there's something there. If a single cab sat in a larger room where people congregated, a fish tank could mask its noise enough to divert suspicion. 2 cabs, not so much. A lot of the noise is driven by the air rushing out of the filter(s). HTH

Simon

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
that's understood but people who are looking into these cabs for the first time, might find 87 pages to look through alittle much. Maybe i should said something to the effect of like a MillsPride Data base thread. where there is only set-up with pics and details. like lights, ventilation and exhaust and what temps that member gets with that set-up. were they mount their ballast and timers etc. then from there members can pm each other and ask question. just a thread of pic and data from that set-up.

Anybody looking into cabs for the first time should be going through this entire thread. A few hours of reading will save you hundreds of $$$ and lots of headaches down the road. If they find this information to be a little much, then maybe growing is a little much for them.

For specific setups, check out grow diaries and stuff like that. Hell, make your own thread, and have each post devoted to a specific member's cabinet, with all the details included.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
that's understood but people who are looking into these cabs for the first time, might find 87 pages to look through alittle much.

Then they should seriously consider giving up.

Before my first post here, I read the title to EVERY thread on this forum, checked every thread that seemed to apply, read and book marked every thread that did apply. Then I did it again.

My reward, beyond my Mentor and Mod badges, is I now measure colas against my forearm rather than my thumb. How bad do you want to learn?

Beyond this thread, check out:
250 Watt Club...The 400 Watt Club...600 Watt Club

While these may not apply, they're genius in their own ways
The AMAZING NGB Cab...microRU - Mad Russian Micro Genius

And leave us not forget the indispensible
LINK-O-RAMA and Library of Links

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
I'll never understand why people don't use the resources available to them. ICMag is the most amazing resource for growing you'll ever find. A constantly active community of thousands of growers worldwide, using an infinite combination of techniques, grow styles, and nutes.

When you see a thread dedicated to a subject that has over 1000 posts, your first reaction should be "Holy shit look at all the information!" Like FreezerBoy, I've spent an unimaginable number of hours reading and rereading these forums. Learn to use the search tool, and understand that there is always more to learn. :)

sumo

Hey guys. Glad to see this technology is still relevant. Have not heard from Maliboo since OG . However these quality, highly relevant threads have a way of stirring up the ghosts. Hello Simon. Pleased you are still going strong. My cabinet has not changed much either. Even using same weatherstripping for 5 years now. I will admit that after 15-20 grows not venting my light cost me greatly on two of those grows. I will probably run vent to my light for this summer.

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Hey, Sumo. How are you doing? I've finally decided to surface, after hiding for a while. I came to the conclusion that if I don't keep on top of new information, the results won't be as impressive as I'd like. Ever watch the original BBC version of Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares? There's a lot to be learned there.

As little as I think of ol' 'Boo, he does deserve credit for maintaining a discussion that introduced many folks to growing. He was overly insecure, not particularly bright, lacking the most basic perspectives, and a truly mediocre grower, but the thread helped a lot of people. Ultimately, though, I think he was after ego-support, constantly asking for Karma points. He really didn't care about the integrity of information, like the time I posted a formula for calculating the area of a circle and he banned me from further participation, because his math was totally wrong. Really, the guy was a bouncing cretin, but the discussion launched a lot of folks into the world of growing.

Simon

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
box_00432.jpg

box_00332.jpg

Chronic test grow at 4 weeks into flowering. 6 plants in the box.

box_00132.jpg

A couple of examples of an Afghani Kush test grow from the other box at 10 days before harvest. 6 plants in the cab. The pots hold a bit less than 2gal of pro mix, Jack's Classic ferts.

Became aware of a serious, but temporary, security situation this afternoon. The cabs are shut down, everything is packed-up, the pants have been transferred to my big room. Thought I'd take the opportunity to snap a few shots of what's currently growing in the boxes. Everything should be back to normal tomorrow.

room_00432.jpg

room_00332.jpg

The big room stuffed to the gills for the next 24 hour. Had to take 2 pics to get the entire length.

Simon

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Here's my c13 rocking six-7 week olds from seed. There's 4 Nirvana Mistys and 2 Nirvana White Widows. So far one WW and 2 Mistys are showing female preflowers.

The light is a 400 HPS with a MH conversion bulb for veg. I'm using two-120 mm computer fans on the light in a push pull configuration through a bake-a-round. There's also a 120 mm blowing just below the cool tube.

The scrubber is an 8" od by 6" id diy from the old sun is shining thread. I reduced it down to 4" and exhaust it out the side of the cab using a S&P TD100x.

Temps are running in the mid to high 70's inside. After the transplant into 3 gallon bags last week, the bunch really took off.

Probably going to flip next week after I pick up some rapid rooters and take some clones of the ladies.

Attachments

• P1040610 (Medium).JPG
    P1040610 (Medium).JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 32
  • P1040611 (Medium).JPG
    P1040611 (Medium).JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 30

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Great looking cabs, guys.

When I built my C22s, there wasn't much choice in air-cooled reflectors with 6' fittings that would fit the space with any degree of efficiency. I used Daystar ACs, as they actually fit and nothing else did. Flash forward to a few weeks ago. I came across Pico's reflector thread and bought a SS2 to play with. After testing it in the main room, I installed the hood in a C22. The change was not subtle in the least. Not only was my light meter reading 20-30% higher, but the difference was brutally obvious to the naked eye. Needless to say, the Daystar is not going back in.

Simon

KUSHEATER1

I ran 12 ladies in my c22 with a 400 hps now I run 24 ladies in a dr120 with 800 watts hps cooltubed pulling down 24 zips every harvest loving the Dank...

gdbud

A C-13 Scrubber

A C-13 Scrubber

OK here is my scrubber!

picture.php

This here is my new medicine cabinet. Its a little lager than the one find in your bathroom.

picture.php

The blue tote sitting on top of the cabinet is my scrubber.

picture.php

I have my exhaust fan sitting in side a sealed chamber that my duct work enters into from the back and side (the front is open to show the fan) no duct attaches to the inlet side of the fan. The exhaust side if the fan is attached to a short metal duct 3 or 4" long that runs through the top of the cabinet into the tote.

picture.php

I then cut a hole in the bottom of the tote to accommodate the duct penetrating the cabinet.
I then lined the inside of the tote with foil lined foam duct insulation to help cut down the sound.
Then I took the tray put it inside a plastic bag, installed it into the tote and taped into place. Turn the tote over and working through the hole I filled the gap between the tote and tray with spray foam let it sit for two days before removing the tray.
I could have done a better job, But it does make a seal so its works.
I did not want the air blowing straight up to the filter, So I installed a round diffuser so that I might get a more even air flow through the scrubber.
I then added a few bags of fish gravel I had sitting around just to add weight to the tote, So that someone does not try to remove an empty tote.

picture.php

I found a cat litter sifting box fits right inside a rubber maid medium size tote.
I lined the inside with a blue cut to fit furnace filter then added about 1 1/2 - 2" of charcoal.
The device hanging down is a outdoor temperature sensor that I use to read the exhaust temperature with this and income air temperature I'm able to calculate my fan CFM.

picture.php

Here is the filter bed sitting inside the tote.
It is removable so changing the charcoal is easy.

picture.php

I then cut a hole in the lid of the tote and taped another piece of the blue filter material to the inside.

picture.php

Top of the finished scrubber.
This scrubber will exhaust the air back into the room and if used in a small sealed room might cause a heat problem, But my cabinet is in a garage so 9 months out of the year I will not have a problem.

Latest posts

Latest posts