What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

fukndenny

Some K.I.S.S. Tebow (Sour Creek x Casey Jones) x Mob Boss

9Mk26.jpg

G

Guest 18340

Yes, you can.
I don't have a bag of Ocean Forest in front of me so I don't know how "hot" it is so I'd start @ half strength and see what happens. But in general, yes you can use Maxibloom with Ocean Forest.

Meaty

I'm using foxfarm ocean forest soil, can I use maxi bloom with that?

I start feeding in ocean forest 3 to 4 weeks after planting at full strength without a problem. But your mileage may vary, take evl's advice and start with half strength.

PS - I have some nice bud shots coming soon. Just finished a great round with KISS :dance013:

soldiercoleone

alright i hope i dont get bitched out for not using the search function well i did use it anyway and couldnt find what i was looking for but does this 1tsp a gallon work with low light as well i know the flora series of lucas he cuts it back for cfl's and people with lights under 400 watts. thanks for any help in advance. and if so should i cut back the dosage to 3.5 grams?

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
I'm using 125w of cfl's, I mix 1 tsp/gallon. I've done that for the whole grow and it's been just fine.I'm at 4 weeks flower today.

Warped1

Veteran
Hey no problem. It's actually recommended to use 7 grams per gallon, but I don't have a scale so I just went with the teaspoon.

Warped1

Veteran
I don't know if you're growing in soil, but if you are you might want to try it a little weaker to start with, and then work up.

someotherguy

Veteran
alright i hope i dont get bitched out for not using the search function well i did use it anyway and couldnt find what i was looking for but does this 1tsp a gallon work with low light as well i know the flora series of lucas he cuts it back for cfl's and people with lights under 400 watts. thanks for any help in advance. and if so should i cut back the dosage to 3.5 grams?

We don't 'bitch people out', ...we remind lazy phucks that it's easier to hunt for answers than to wait for them, the un-looked for side effect of searching for your answers is the self respect you earn, ...you'll ask better questions too which will earn the respect of other growers.

...as for your question, you need to let your plants answer it as they will surely show signs of both over-feeding AND under-feeding.

...if you are new and unfamiliar with those signs then i'd suggest you start at half strength and get busy studying.

...getting a copy of Stitch's book 'Marijuana Garden Saver' would also be a good investment and it is available on Amazon for about $12.00USD.

Peace, SOG

btw, to actually learn what we do here in this thread and to learn who to listen to you have to actually READ the thread and not just use the search function.

...you have to ask yourself how far are you willing to go to become a cultivator of fine cannabis.

soldiercoleone

@ warped one yes im growing in soil fox farm ocean forrest and im gonna start off with 1.5grams first and work my way up from there to 7 grams

@sog my bad if you got offended but ive been on this site lurking for multiple years and read and downloaded all the damn mj vidz they have out there believe me i got 20 gigs of mj vidz that i look over over and over again and yes ive read through all the books and got all the books whenever i jumped into something i do it with all my heart and all my money as long as my pocket book allows lol. and my point being is i could read till i memerize all the damn books but the "science" is different when applied would you agree i found that out my first grow and on my second one now and if i hadnt read what i needed to how could i come up with the question that i did about low level lighting via the lucas formula and yes ive read this thread but not all the way through so answer me this if that question that i asked is actually in this thread i will come across it sooner or later

AND OH YEAH BEFORE I FORGET HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

someotherguy

Veteran
I wasn't offended nor did I mean any.

...my point was to suggest that your language might be INTERPRETED as offensive by some, ...because all we have is the typed page we lose the nuance we get from tone of voice and facial expression so choosing words carefully makes for far less drama.

...i also didn't say that the answer to your question could be found within this thread, ...what you WILL find is a wealth of experience and links to threads authored by some very gifted growers who have been growing K.I.S.S. style for years, most of whom would willingly help a motivated beginner.

...i also have read many books and watched many videos but, as helpful as they were, most of what I know i've learned from my own personal experience coupled with MANY hours studying the threads of more experienced growers who where already doing what I wanted to do.

...anyway, I wish you luck in the coming year and I will help if I can. (do a search for coco hempy-buckets, you won't be sorry)

Peace, SOG

soldiercoleone

@sog man i really feel bad for giving that messed up long drawn out comment again my apologies. i will learn to have better forum Etiquette i guess thats just how i talk i cuss like a sailor lol. so coco-hempy is the way to go huh yeah i was reading on the perlite hempy that actually was my first grow i failed badly thats when i made the switch to soil. i now know what i did wrong as i thought back on it. so im kinda confident to try that method again. also its a pain to get clones in rockwool around here everybody has there clones in soil now and days but once i find some rockwool clones it is on like donkey kong lol. and again sog im sorry i feel like a big time asshole lol

Ioni Botani

Great Question!

Great Question!

I would like to add, after maintaining this thread for a while now....

This has got to be one of THE BEST questions asked. :tiphat:

I know you can use it for veg as well. You probably just wont have to feed as often, IE they will drink slower.

I have heard using MaxiGro works, but is NOT NECESSARY!

K+ man, and I hope were not TOO scary to where ppl wont want to ask the right questions!!

PEACE!

Ion1

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I would like to add, after maintaining this thread for a while now....

This has got to be one of THE BEST questions asked. :tiphat:

I know you can use it for veg as well. You probably just wont have to feed as often, IE they will drink slower.

I have heard using MaxiGro works, but is NOT NECESSARY!

K+ man, and I hope were not TOO scary to where ppl wont want to ask the right questions!!

PEACE!

Ion1

Yes, use Maxibloom in veg.... a slightly lower amount may be needed, depending on your veg lighting. Maxibloom in veg will get you shorter, denser plants. Usually a good thing. MaxiGrow is generally useful for growing trees. :D

The amount you use, whether in veg or flower, is completely dependent upon the plant and the lighting you're using. Generally.... more light means more food needed.

CFL's weren't really being used that much when Lucas recommended 0-5-10 for flowering under low light. The lights he was talking about are the T8 and T12 lamps... low power fluoros. Enough CFL's and you'll need nearly full strength nutes. :D

Those looking for a cleaner finish might want to try picking up a jug of Flora Bloom liquid and running up to 16ml/gallon the last 2-3 weeks before the last 1-2 weeks of plain water. Doing that cuts out the nitrogen and calcium and iron that's normally present in maxibloom and in the micro when running 8-16.

Have fun! :blowbubbles:

Carver

Ok I'm going to run kiss for the first time this next run. Yay. Anyway I'm going to be using canna coco in 3 gal pots. Does the coco need to be rinsed with ph'Ed water or with MB mix water? I have teens in 3" grodan blocks ready to go and would like to know the correct way to transplant into the kiss method. Also does the coco need to be tightly packed in the pots?
Thanks

G

Guest 18340

Ok I'm going to run kiss for the first time this next run. Yay. Anyway I'm going to be using canna coco in 3 gal pots. Does the coco need to be rinsed with ph'Ed water or with MB mix water? I have teens in 3" grodan blocks ready to go and would like to know the correct way to transplant into the kiss method. Also does the coco need to be tightly packed in the pots?
Thanks
(I use Botanicare cocogro, so check your bag to make sure it's pre-rinsed!)
I fill my pot loosely, drop in the clone and water through thoroughly with 1 tsp/gal maxibloom and Cal/mag added, ph'd accordingly.
I myself don't pack in the coco, i just let it settle naturally after watering through. Whatever "pockets" appear I fill in with coco off the side of the pot.
And yes, I use Maxibloom at full strength right from rooted clone.
Good luck, and enjoy the simplicity:blowbubbles:

P

painroad

I have been failing miserably as of late, this past grow i got white flies, powdery mildew, and some bacteria funk in my rez. Started reading about hempy buckets and stumbled on this. Have a few questions if yall don't mind. Do you pot up when you start in coco? Or can i just drop a cut in 2 gal pot? When i was reading on one of the coco threads peeps were talking about not letting it go dry, but also not keeping it to wet. I noticed that you water everyday, is that DTW or recirculating? I'm sure i have a some other questions, but i'm high watching football. Peace!!!

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
I have been failing miserably as of late, this past grow i got white flies, powdery mildew, and some bacteria funk in my rez. Started reading about hempy buckets and stumbled on this. Have a few questions if yall don't mind. Do you pot up when you start in coco? Or can i just drop a cut in 2 gal pot? When i was reading on one of the coco threads peeps were talking about not letting it go dry, but also not keeping it to wet. I noticed that you water everyday, is that DTW or recirculating? I'm sure i have a some other questions, but i'm high watching football. Peace!!!

I start my clones in rock wool and transfer to a 20 oz beer cup when roots show.. when I'm ready to start that plant on 12/12, I transfer to a 2 gallon pot (air pot) and let it have a week in veg, then transfer it to the flower room (I do a small perpetual harvest setup). I did recirculating in coco and did not get the results I was after, so I went back to drain to waste. Regarding watering, I usually do every day, but play it by ear with each plant. They'll tell you what they need. Regarding the issues you mention early in your post, keep stuff clean and well ventilated and most of those problems will stay in check. Hope the 2nd game is better than the first.. that really kinda sucked.

mgk :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts