What's new

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

dizzlekush

you are most likely making gypsum when mixing concentrated amounts of Maxibloom in a small amount a water, having so much Ca and S in such a small amount of water and all. Ca and S bond and they dont let go, which is why 2 part base nutrients exist.

1600th post:D

Peacefrog

Veteran
I got tired of shaking the mason jar and never getting rid of that last little bit so I just went to mixing up 4 gallons at a time in a 5 gallon bucket. It still takes a lot of stirring but this is a lot easier for me (and just as effective) than shaking up a jar full of hot water.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just cut 3 lites of plants finished on KISS method, started on supernatural brand nutes, very similar to maxibloom,
4 weeks from now cuttn some more thats been run on maxi the entire time with floralicious plus, carboload(liquid), and some mollassess
workn fine for me so far

Attachments

• cutdown.jpg
    cutdown.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 13

TokerAce

Hey peeps,First off let me start by saying I love MB, Used the "expensive" noots in the past and never again!
I posted about reusing your soil somewhere else and had no luck or help, I need to start reusing my soil and was wondering if it is possible to rinse your soil to remove any unwanted left over noots? Also will flushing additive help in this process? I want to start with fresh clean soil without any build up, I add ewc, bone and blood meal along with DE and ewc tea 1 month before i need the soil! Yep straight from the organic section and my plants love it! Any thoughts or ideas on this subject would be great!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I got tired of shaking the mason jar and never getting rid of that last little bit so I just went to mixing up 4 gallons at a time in a 5 gallon bucket. It still takes a lot of stirring but this is a lot easier for me (and just as effective) than shaking up a jar full of hot water.

I just mix it up the day before and pH it close. The next day there isn't any residue at all and the pH is usually still right on.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

fukndenny

Hey peeps,First off let me start by saying I love MB, Used the "expensive" noots in the past and never again!
I posted about reusing your soil somewhere else and had no luck or help, I need to start reusing my soil and was wondering if it is possible to rinse your soil to remove any unwanted left over noots? Also will flushing additive help in this process? I want to start with fresh clean soil without any build up, I add ewc, bone and blood meal along with DE and ewc tea 1 month before i need the soil! Yep straight from the organic section and my plants love it! Any thoughts or ideas on this subject would be great!

I been re-using the same soil for a long time. Basically I just let it get bone dry before I try to take the rootball out, at that point its pretty easy to get the whole rootball apart from the soil mix. If you want, after that, you can run the soil through a screen big enough to let the soil pieces through but will trap the larger root pieces. Me personally I just take out the main rootball and re-use the soil. It will never become "Fresh clean soil" as you say, it will always have some nutes in it, but i've planted fresh clones directly into my mix with no problems at all.

GL

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran

you wanna check this out here :tiphat:

TokerAce

you wanna check this out here :tiphat:

Hey TY for the imput!
I was thinking thats all i had to do was let it dry out and remove the root ball!

I did read the forum on organic soil reuse butit did not cover possible getting toxic salts from ferts out! I was thinking more experienced MB users would know if MB was light or heavy on any toxic salts.

Ty for the imput!

G

Guest 88950

...I did read the forum on organic soil reuse butit did not cover possible getting toxic salts from ferts out!
Ty for the imput!

i think your trying to do organics but also using salt ferts and im not sure thats a good idea.

organic ammendments like bone / blood / kelp meal bat / sea bird guano's need time to cook to be ready for plants. by going organic and feeding with wc teas or act and such you are feeding the micro herd in the soil and the micro herd feeds the plant. the micro herd in an organic medium are able to tolerate much higher ph swings so that is why there is no need to worry about ph of nutes when growing organic.

with salt ferts (MaxiBloom) you are not feeding the micro herd, just the plant so that is why the nutes need to be in the proper ph range for your medium.

it my understanding that salt ferts will kill the micro herd so using them on an organic soil would be pointless. you may also run into issues with too much n-p-k from the ammendments but im far from an expert so maybe someone with more expierence will chime in and correct me where im wrong.

EDIT: when you properly ammend your organic soil after removing the rootball and let it sit and cook for 4-6 wks your soil gets better and better. a varitey of ammendments and compost makes for a good balanced soil and when growing organic there is NO RESIDUAL SALT FERTS when done. having excess n-p-k or other micro elements in an organic soil isnt harmful b/c when the plants needs something the micro herd supplies it.

choose to grow organic or with salt ferts but using salt based ferts on an organic soil is pointless.

i use coco and i flush for 2 wks using FloraKleen to remove any residual salt and i re-use my coco with no ill effects. as the coco breaks down i mix in new piece coir and regular coco.

good luck

Last edited:

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
You need more proof KISS works

You need more proof KISS works

Attachments

• Grapefruit Haze 42 days_cr.jpg
    Grapefruit Haze 42 days_cr.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Mediijuana 32 days_cr.jpg
    Mediijuana 32 days_cr.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 18

superjet

I am pouring Maxibloom into Mason Jars and filling with hot water and shaking the hell out of it for several mintues. When I let it settle, im getting a layer of a finer white power, as if the larger granules dissolved but the small ones didnt?

I put my finger in there and tried to crush it as well. Was very fine, and would disperse when I got near it.

Keep shaking longer? Any other tips to dissolve Maxi?:tiphat:
the hot water is causing the calcium to solidify, try mixing at room temperature. i use the 2 and 5 gallon sparkletts bottles with the handles, makes mixing easy as hell.

mrcreosote

Veteran
Superjet is right.
When I get my water too warm I get precipitate but lukewarm/ cool-ish mixes fine with a little shake.
Another interesting item is that I clipped a wee popcorn bud bottom-dweller from a critical jack that has another 2 weeks (or better) to go & microwave steamed it dry. It tasted like shit as fast dried bud will, but burned nicely and left a fine white ash.

I can highly recommend both Maxi-bloom and Critical Jack from Dinafem. I really didn't need that third hit. Head rushes like a trip to rollercoaster heaven. My tolerance is low because I wont smoke crap and I won't pay 20/gram for kind but my daily tokin lad said
"Holy Shit!" and assured me it wasn't just me who was getting knocked hard. Said it was better smoke than any 20/g around these parts. Lasted about 3-1/2 hrs too...

Good thing it's twice the size as my other plant the same age :)
I can just imagine how nice it will be with 2 more weeks and a proper flush and cure.
Don't you just love getting a freebie seed that turns out to be a 5 star keeper?

This was a very good combination. Maxi-bloom is stupid easy and obviously produces very, very nice smoke. Tap water, maxi, perfect ph (for my water) nothing else. That's it.
3 different strains, all fed the same tsp./gallon since roots, all happy plants.

Too easy.

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
i just fill a jug up about a 1/4 of the way full, throw in the 7g maxibloom and shake the hell out of it for a minute or so. fill the rest of the way up and shake a few more times and im good to go.

maxibloom is giving me way better results in my coco mix than 6/9 did. i was getting a lot of yellowing about 4wks into flower w/ 6/9. maxibloom keeps everything pretty green

Ioni Botani

Checkin in all!

Sorry about the absence, things are well.

Hoping the same for everyone on the mag, good to see some familiar faces!

This thread has been my pride and joy. Glad to know she's self-sustaining.

Go on and grow on Brethren.

Peace.

someotherguy

Veteran
Checkin in all!

Sorry about the absence, things are well.

Hoping the same for everyone on the mag, good to see some familiar faces!

This thread has been my pride and joy. Glad to know she's self-sustaining.

Go on and grow on Brethren.

Peace.
No need to apologise man, we all know life happens, it's just good knowing you're safe.

Have a great holiday season and thanks for starting this thread.

Peace, SOG

hey guys, sounds fantastic but is there a similar product in europe?
Didn't it occurr to you grasshopper that the answer you seek is contained within this thread?

How far are YOU willing to go to become a grower?

Will you only come and ask simple questions and WAIT for answers?

...or will you take charge and do some actual fucking research?

...is learning to grow killer ganja worth the time it'd take to READ a thread and HUNT for your answers?

btw, last time I checked both Amazon and ebay both shipped to Europe.