What's new

"the high-pod"

Pig-Pen

inefectualize said:
i had to do a search for phototron because i didnt know what it was....pretty much the same idea that i was doing, but i would think that having glass walls probably isnt very good at reflecting the light back
:bashhead:

pretty nifty little things

Hahaha, you must be a young 'en. Once upon a time there was the Phototron, and nothing else. 100% conspicuous, those things. About every 4th page in High Times used to be a Phototron add.

You take a wet weight? What's the density like?

Last edited:

Bush Grower

I've been following this along, and everything turned out very well. Innovative design, it looks to be pretty productive!

Gotta love sierra nevada

so i went and chopped all the stems out so that i could get a pretty accurate wet/manicured weight......drum roll please......

688.2 grams wet, which is about 24.58 ozs.......i just did a quick search and if i use the rule of thumb that 20% will be the dry yield then i may be able to expect nearly 5 ozs dry???? wow! if i pull over a quarter pound that will be crazy....i really was pretty careful weighing it, but that does seems kinda high to me i admit.....buds are dense.....

mg00c

really nice job man. I can't wait to see your actual final weight but I gotta tell you that looks like a whole lot more than a qp bro. Awesome job congrats.

i guess that could be right, that means i would have yielded .417 g/watt

here is another interesting number.....

my grow area is 2.66 square feet or 51.74 g/square foot, or another way to think about it is 19.47 g/cubic foot

these are the numbers that are impressive to me....very good use of space!

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
What can I say but - Impressive, Impressive, Impressive.
Job well done bro.

Peace an Respect

b00m :rasta: :rasta:

reject

Just read this whole thread for the first time today and I am VERY impressed!!! Enjoy the smoke you sure earned it!!!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Hell yea bro thats whats up 5 zips out of a trash can with cfl's!!! Love it yea dude that Phototron shit was what I thought of when I saw this the first time it's funny they boast about having 36,000 lumens but yet charge $600 I have 30,000 lumens in my little cab and it cost me less than $100!! Keep rocking the trash can buddy I'm going to make a micro stealth grow company and build cheap grow cabs so everybody can afford one and might want to talk to you about putting your cab in the line up...

hyposomniac

Veteran
That's a massive pile of weed.. Can you elaborate a little on the sleeves you used for the light bulbs? Source? Diameter?

yeah, go to home depot in the fluorescent light section and buy a couple of the shatterproof fluorescent tube guards, then go to the plumbing aisle and find the diameter pvc elbows that they fit perfectly into! i got all high and went through home depot with a shitty ass drawing of this thing and was amazed at how luckily i got all the parts to fit together. The vent caps i used are in the attic ventilation area and are also the exact same diameter as the pvc! go to the hole saws and find the one that cuts the holes exactly the same size you need them! also at home depot i think they are still having the sale on the "vortex" fans that fit snuggly in a 5 gallon bucket....i found some of my parts but i think in total i spent about $350-400....that is complete....odor control, ventilation, lighting, soil,....everything. Also you could do it in a metal trash can and already have the reflective inner surface to act as your "reflector wall" space the bulbs a bit out from the sides of the can to keep a good reflective distance so all of your light gets bounced back to the center!

it paid for itself four times over in the first grow! how is that for investment return :)

Pig-Pen

inefectualize said:
yeah, go to home depot in the fluorescent light section and buy a couple of the shatterproof fluorescent tube guards, then go to the plumbing aisle and find the diameter pvc elbows that they fit perfectly into! i got all high and went through home depot with a shitty ass drawing of this thing and was amazed at how luckily i got all the parts to fit together. The vent caps i used are in the attic ventilation area and are also the exact same diameter as the pvc! go to the hole saws and find the one that cuts the holes exactly the same size you need them! also at home depot i think they are still having the sale on the "vortex" fans that fit snuggly in a 5 gallon bucket....i found some of my parts but i think in total i spent about $350-400....that is complete....odor control, ventilation, lighting, soil,....everything. Also you could do it in a metal trash can and already have the reflective inner surface to act as your "reflector wall" space the bulbs a bit out from the sides of the can to keep a good reflective distance so all of your light gets bounced back to the center!

it paid for itself four times over in the first grow! how is that for investment return :)

Brilliant! Good yield for a first run IMO. 1gpw should be totally doable after getting it all dialed.

yeah, ive thought about this and wondered if it is possible because i think that my limiting factor may be volume as opposed to luminosity...does that make sense? i just dont know if i can fit more plant in the can....im sure i can improve.....at least i have something to shoot for!

C

Cozy Amnesia

I'm sure you'll know exactly how to utilize this setup to maximize yield. It seems like after a first time run, one would have learned first hand how exactly to it perfectly the next time. For your system, it would seem best to grow I nice size bush (like you did) instead of multiple plants.

yeah for sure.....i dont really get the obsession with the whole g/watt thing....i mean sure it is an efficient way to make plant material but wouldnt the end result have been better if you had a little more light on things? i guess it is different for someone trying to maximize yield in order to sell it or something

all i have to say is wow.....great grow ive bin waiting for your havest day prolly more eagerlly then you lol=D cant wait for the offical dry weight but 5oz would be quite a harvest for floros i noticed yo said you spend 300-400 bones on your cab at home depot jw if you picked your lights up there or online because im starting a floro veg chamber and would rather jsut go pick them out myself overall looks like you have yourself some damn good smoke keep it safe....bless

HappyHemphog

Score another victory for Stoner Ingenuity!

Well done my good man. Enjoy the fruits of your labors, it's well earned.

Cheers!
Hempy

Pig-Pen

It's gotta be dry by now.

The GPW thing, a lot of folks get way too caught up in it. It is simply a measure of how efficiently your available lighting is being used by the plants, and nothing more. However, using 1GPW as a goal will push you to reach maximum overall efficiency in your system. But yeah, it's funny how some people think that GPW is all there is to life.

Of course space can be a limiting factor; you can only pack so much vegetation in a given space. You may find that you get the same yield using 4 lights instead of 6, for example.

Harvesting one of these every couple months would be provide more than enough personal stash and you'd only ever have to have 2 plants! (one in veg, duh)

But a dozen or so of them would be pretty kick-ass, too. :D

I don't know if it was mentioned, what size can is that, gallons?

yeah it is pretty dry, i will get a weight this evening....hear what yall are saying about the gram per watt thing, but i would rather smoke the "best possible" as opposed to the most efficient possible :)

Latest posts

Latest posts