What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Truth is what you want it to be. I don't give a shit what others do or say. I'm not going to bash them for what they do . There always gonna be backseat growers who think they know other's gardens lol. Would I agree what I've grown are 50/50 absolutely not. I have plenty of MM seeds. Skunk terps do not make something 50% Affy lol. That plant has zero MM genetics in it. I used @Donald Mallard genetics in that project. Your interpretation of yield is flawed. I have no issues with that with Haze hybrids. Maybe if you stopped being so matter of fact about everything you post you would get a better interaction. At some point, people will ignore you. This project of Neviles Haze x O Haze) x APPSS I used @MadMac genetics. Its killer.. Not even close to 50/50 IMO.
View attachment 18975247
This is original haze
1000002763.jpg

1000002761.jpg

This is skunk 1
1000002756.jpg

1000002760.jpg

1000002757.jpg

1000002759.jpg

You shure about your opinion ?
I think you are growing skunk plants with haze scent arent you ?

Attachments

• 1000002762.jpg
    1000002762.jpg
    636.6 KB · Views: 37

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tought about cuts that were growed for comercial production.
Im shure that some guys like Maha,Mac and other pure Haze lovers grow them and enjoy them.
But this nosense that only good hazed are haze A & C is just no sense by my way of thinking.
Thats not what I said at all , or anyone.

I and many ( whole Dutch and Haze community) said that very special things were found from the A and C Haze hybrids Nevil made , and is clear to see as South crew held these cuts for all these years/decades 🙏 .
Why was there not 1 Original Haze kept from back then ? , where the famous Original Haze 1, 2 whatever ? , again I'm not saying there wasn't special things as I said I grew Original Haze decades ago and made hybrids, F2's etc and found some great things but then found other Haze's and prefer them over Original Haze myself.

If the A and C Haze offspring were not that special we wouldn't still be playing with it all these years later.

Nevil Schoenmakers , still the Haze king after all these years RIP 🙏

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Few before exactly FD, didnt like the outcome very much...its different and unique good to try and see what it is all about ,but will never grow it again.
If I need to chose I rather go with Skunk/haze than pure Haze.
But maybe thats just me...and my preferences.
I will never say that O haze dont give vierd magic to anything it touch...but people mostly chose keepers that are indica dominant or 50/50 hazes phenos rather than pure haze.
Mostly its skunk or afgani like buds and yild in "Haze body" longer flower and strachy plants with hazy scent.

And I dont get it why people react so emotional on my posts its just my free thinking out of mainstream narative.
If you didnt like it go to the next one post.
Or if you want to chek its legitimacy grow few packs in year or 2 depends of grow space you have you will see by your own what Iam talking about...
It's clear that your on the commercial Haze's for production where other Haze Connoisseur's are looking for exotic taste/Highs you only find in exceptional flowers and mainly landrace and landrace hybrids.
We don't care about yield we care more for that special taste/High that are lost in these new strains that cater for looks/smell and yield 1st before any other criteria and Haze Connoisseur's work the other way around Taste/High then Yield etc.

People must still love Haze these days ( especially the older crowd 40 and up) or it wouldn't still be around , and there a huge resurgence in Haze , even people who don't like growing Haze love smoking it , its just alot harder to manage if never grown Haze but once you dial it in certain Haze's ( less commercial) can be excellent yields to and the most exotic flower you ever smoked.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some phenos of original haze have some heft to them, not the same as hybrids but not all pearls on a string.
Yeah I found good yields on Original Haze , not Cola size bottle nugs but when weighed up defo won't be your smallest yielder.

Yes only the pear phenos that give extra small yield but Haze Connoisseur's should grow a pearl pheno at least once in lifetime as so very special a good pearl pheno , Cleanest Highs I've ever experienced on pearl phenos and some amazing exotic Terps ( smell/taste).

Haze hybrids especially even that lean to Haze side are usually very good yielding, that's a misconception that people who don't grow Haze dont realise, most Haze are great yielding , yeah you need a few extra weeks but yield makes up for it and if found real Haze Connoisseur's they will pay extra for exotic Haze's

Last edited:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
It's clear that your on the commercial Haze's for production where other Haze Connoisseur's are looking for exotic taste/Highs you only find in exceptional flowers and mainly landrace and landrace hybrids.
We don't care about yield we care more for that special taste/High that are lost in these new strains that cater for looks/smell and yield 1st before any other criteria and Haze Connoisseur's work the other way around Taste/High then Yield etc.

People must still love Haze these days ( especially the older crowd 40 and up) or it wouldn't still be around , and there a huge resurgence in Haze , even people who don't like growing Haze love smoking it , its just alot harder to manage if never grown Haze but once you dial it in certain Haze's ( less commercial) can be excellent yields to and the most exotic flower you ever smoked.
That's right, and OJD would be out of business...OJD with others like Ace been on top of their haze haze hybrid game for years and their popularity is only increasing..A and C have sired more descendants that have won cannabis cups than any other males by a long margin, look into distant lineages of overall cup winners over the last 3 decades or more and all of the above is proof in the pudding that people love haze, and also love the more manageable, more commercial haze hybrids. This is page 271 of the haze hybrid thread need I say more..CannaT did your mother ever tell you that you love arguing? Peace out..enjoy the vibe, most you are arguing with have been here for a decade or more helping others and enjoying the view and good vibes, smoke a fatty and relax a bit, you might learn something.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
CannaT, the finest haze hybrids that I've grown or seen, have come from hands of OJD and Mr. Mallard. Mr Mallards' lines possibly the finest haze hybrids of all and they containing exclusively the genes of A and C as male lines and no others, and more NL5 and less skunk than SSH or mango had, it is easy to understand why they are so amazing. Wow. I loose words with weed like that. Unbelievable pedigree weed. Outcrossing with those plants containing only those A and C male lines, one sees the magic that was that a lot of the late 80's 90's weed...Spectacular results. Improves everything it touches. One understands the magic of A and C..Personally I prefer more C than A, more NL and less skunk, and then if i'd cross that to a son or daughter or granddaughter of DJ shorts old B130 male, I get the best weed I have ever smoked in my life hands down. Also I've never seen a pic of haze A, but the pics of haze C that exist show a very very good bract to leaf ratio, that breeds true to his progeny and their progeny.

Crossing that sort of line to a skunk line, makes incredible commercial weed too and knockout stones that maybe not everyone's cup of tea. HH has been churning out pictures of plants of that example for the last long time. Crossing it to an OG line thats probably skunk x paki or affie maybe some thai I'd guess to make the TKush ancestor, improves terps, improves yield and vigor, and keeps the uber frost. Makes a winner even better using pedigree lines based off those males..One can rag them all one likes but here we are sitting decades later still enjoying the results and savouring having lines to play with directly from them. Proof is in the pudding. Look at HH past posts in the frostiest bud thread, page after page of dripping modern haze hybrids.. Haze and its progeny will only grow in popularity, theres normally a reason stuff has been kept around for so long.

Below mom, banana OG line...
in1.jpg

And below her daughter after bastardizing her with a male containing lots of C, bit less A and bit of NL5 and less skunk:

DBC5MANGONEV.jpg

Mama was spectacular but daughter was something else altogether.. High improved, yield improved, terps became heavenly..like an entire sweetshop with sweet mango and banana and little sour overtones.

More fire to haze hybrids!

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is original haze View attachment 18975363
You shure about your opinion ?
I think you are growing skunk plants with haze scent arent you ?

LOL, of course, I've been growing cannabis decades longer than you. No im not growing Skunk plants. I'm growing Haze hybrids. Calling a haze a Skunk from the terps is a lack of knowledge. Haze Pearl phenotypes are not what I would select for and would be culled. I'm not a commercial grower. 100% for medical needs. Thinking that particular phenotype is the only OH tells me all I need to know.

The only thing I see from you is intentional drama. Putting the effort into reading your nonsense is at its end.

elanius

Veteran
Few before exactly FD, didnt like the outcome very much...its different and unique good to try and see what it is all about ,but will never grow it again.
If I need to chose I rather go with Skunk/haze than pure Haze.
But maybe thats just me...and my preferences.
I will never say that O haze dont give vierd magic to anything it touch...but people mostly chose keepers that are indica dominant or 50/50 hazes phenos rather than pure haze.
Mostly its skunk or afgani like buds and yild in "Haze body" longer flower and strachy plants with hazy scent.

And I dont get it why people react so emotional on my posts its just my free thinking out of mainstream narative.
If you didnt like it go to the next one post.
Or if you want to chek its legitimacy grow few packs in year or 2 depends of grow space you have you will see by your own what Iam talking about...

The flying dutchmen seedbank had Haze line from Sam, but it was different than Seedsman Haze. I dont know when you bought it, but later FD's ohaze was not a pure Haze anymore. The 90's Haze from Golli is also different line than Seedsman, yet confirmed by Sam himself as an early Original Haze line. The Original Haze from Tod McCormick, while coming directly from Sam, is another different line, I didnt grow it, just seeing those plants, they looks so unlike to what I have experienced, the leaf morphology is changed, the structure tamed. THH completely different to all of these...
So you wanted to see "what it is all about" but you didnt, you still dont know.
If you want to understand any line properly, you need more than few plants, especially with haze. If you would see what I saw in these Hazes, you would never made such claims. If you say this is your opinion, then yes, but it has low value and its simply a misinformation for a novice readers in the topic. No offense really, but everything you said is false. The line has amazing smells and flavors, great yield, great vigor, mostly compact bud structure, I had 3 pearl plants from about 20 females of OHaze. (And two of those were from my own reproduction lol) 2 out of 14 females from THH. People dont grow it as much because its very hard to keep them happy indoors. How could you even decide on a keeper if you dont reach potential of the genetics? 100% agree with Mr. Whipedmeat there. I am not talking about you anymore, in general this is often the case folks judging too fast. My take is, lets just not make premature statements.

CannaT

Premium user
LOL, of course, I've been growing cannabis decades longer than you. No im not growing Skunk plants. I'm growing Haze hybrids. Calling a haze a Skunk from the terps is a lack of knowledge. Haze Pearl phenotypes are not what I would select for and would be culled. I'm not a commercial grower. 100% for medical needs. Thinking that particular phenotype is the only OH tells me all I need to know.

The only thing I see from you is intentional drama. Putting the effort into reading your nonsense is at its end.
Now you grow haze hybrids thats is statement that made you mad when I say that.
😉

CannaT

Premium user
The flying dutchmen seedbank had Haze line from Sam, but it was different than Seedsman Haze. I dont know when you bought it, but later FD's ohaze was not a pure Haze anymore. The 90's Haze from Golli is also different line than Seedsman, yet confirmed by Sam himself as an early Original Haze line. The Original Haze from Tod McCormick, while coming directly from Sam, is another different line, I didnt grow it, just seeing those plants, they looks so unlike to what I have experienced, the leaf morphology is changed, the structure tamed. THH completely different to all of these...
So you wanted to see "what it is all about" but you didnt, you still dont know.
If you want to understand any line properly, you need more than few plants, especially with haze. If you would see what I saw in these Hazes, you would never made such claims. If you say this is your opinion, then yes, but it has low value and its simply a misinformation for a novice readers in the topic. No offense really, but everything you said is false. The line has amazing smells and flavors, great yield, great vigor, mostly compact bud structure, I had 3 pearl plants from about 20 females of OHaze. (And two of those were from my own reproduction lol) 2 out of 14 females from THH. People dont grow it as much because its very hard to keep them happy indoors. How could you even decide on a keeper if you dont reach potential of the genetics? 100% agree with Mr. Whipedmeat there. I am not talking about you anymore, in general this is often the case folks judging too fast. My take is, lets just not make premature statements.
Ok,you like it, its fine ,me dont and 99% of people also dont...few guys here wouldnt smoke anything than haze Im also ok with that.
Many guys wouldnt smoke anything haze...
Everybody have different tastes.

So where is the problem guys ?

Like I say I dont like pizza end everybody scream how there you to dont like pizza.

Lugo

Veteran

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1710871074166.jpg
    FB_IMG_1710871074166.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 47
  • FB_IMG_1710871077821.jpg
    FB_IMG_1710871077821.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 45
  • FB_IMG_1710871065989.jpg
    FB_IMG_1710871065989.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 45
  • FB_IMG_1710871070070.jpg
    FB_IMG_1710871070070.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 47

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't post Dubble banana Mango Haze in this thread often because she is heavily worked. More on the OG side but still a haze hybrid. After 14 years she is still loved. The Haze in here definitely added something special. Haze/Sativa genetics will do that in almost anything. Sat/haze genetics are the backbone of everything I've grown dating back to a young age. We never had pure Indica/Afghnica plants growing. Sativa or Sat hybrids are all we grew. It takes a hell of a lot more time working/growing these. Commercial operations are not interested in plants that take 90-120 days or more. I love many diferant types of cannabis. Variety is everything IMO.

DSCN0591.JPG

therealpacific

I don't post Dubble banana Mango Haze in this thread often because she is heavily worked. More on the OG side but still a haze hybrid. After 14 years she is still loved. The Haze in here definitely added something special. Haze/Sativa genetics will do that in almost anything. Sat/haze genetics are the backbone of everything I've grown dating back to a young age. We never had pure Indica/Afghnica plants growing. Sativa or Sat hybrids are all we grew. It takes a hell of a lot more time working/growing these. Commercial operations are not interested in plants that take 90-120 days or more. I love many diferant types of cannabis. Variety is everything IMO.

View attachment 18975551
that looks killer man

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Ok,you like it, its fine ,me dont and 99% of people also dont...few guys here wouldnt smoke anything than haze Im also ok with that.
Many guys wouldnt smoke anything haze...
Everybody have different tastes.

So where is the problem guys ?

Like I say I dont like pizza end everybody scream how there you to dont like pizza.
maybe stay out of these threads then ,
then we will all be happier ,

ps , its not 99% of people either ,
but we are getting used to you being inaccurate with stuff ....

Latest posts

Latest posts