What's new

The Haze Hybrid Thread

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
If Seedsman (and old TFD) was so special compared to HazeA and C, why did we have to wait 20 years to notice how special it is?
Just a little reminder: Seedsman was sold at 18$ for 10 seeds.

The same could be said of Haze A and C.
>20 years of discussions because of something that was nothing special at all? Really?

You didnt understand me JC,I dont say that they are not special I said that if I grow many O.Haze i will probably find good male as A and C.
Do you think that male used by Mad Mac x some NL will not made progeny close to Sensi's NL5x Haze.
I think that it will be as good as any NL5xHaze it is stupid to think that Haze C will only pass Haze C trait and Haze A only Haze A trait....It all about combination Haze C with G13 was hay in Neville's eyes while NLxHaze is wery good.

CannaT

Premium user
You are wrong

As darkstorm has said . It was a typo , Nevil posted a direct reply if I recall to me at Mns forum . Nl1 x HzC

The post is still up , I have it somewhere.

There was no female Haze used for commercial production of seed . Nor was HzA used for commercial production. Nothing sold on the open market

Don’t believe everything you read in advertising. Why don’t you pull up the Nl5HzC description that the Haze seed was salavaged from the last crops in America . Which is the origin of the stock 69 or 81 ?

Also La Niña first HzB then MM , this is life . It happens, it happened

1luvbigherb

Hi,Bigherb

The typo was made in 1989 not in 1988 catalogue.
Here is the picture.
I take it from FletchF.Fletch in thread of Killer A5 Haze.
picture.php

...We are now selecting for the best NL #1 males to use in this tremendous hybrid...1988 HPxNL1,HAZExNL1...

And this typo is logical to me in eyes of sale and commercial business.

If you made first Haze x NL1 and it was good.
So you need more seeds so you make NL5 x Haze.
2-3 more harvest=more seeds,more money.
So thats why they made typo Haze x NL5...isnt it logical ?

funkyhorse

Thanks for fixing that, HH.

Nice looking THUNK BadRabbit. I didn't know it could have such a decent structure. All the pics I had seen look floppy and wild. Keep us in the loop with this one. Not too many THUNK grows/pics these days.

Thank you very much for the chimera link, very helpful
This is Thunk from Breeders Retail in 1,3 lts 5 days on the flowering room, I am uppotting to 3,5 liters later today. From 17 seeds 4 of them are plants at different stages of vegetative growth, some others show cotyledons but they dont go further and dont wake up after a month

When you mean Thunk looks floppy is because they need to be tied like this one?

picture.php

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Pretty much. Or when topped, the branches become unpredictable (it would seem.) It just doesn't resemble any of our modern structures. Which isn't a bad thing, just different.

browntrout

Veteran
Got some questions on growing some sativas indoors. ACE Panama, A5 Haze s1, BA#75, Killer A5 Haze, Nevilles Haze etc.

Do sativa dominant strains require more or less calcium and magnesium? They appear to suffer calcium deficiencies like the other strains I’m growing under LED. Curious if they should have the same feeding routine. Some of them appear to like more N (except GHS Nevilles Haze), is this normal?

They also seem to like being hacked back to a few nodes and topped again on day 4 flower. Seems the root system is there to push them back quick. Is this a tactic used by anyone here?

Trying to keep them small for the breeding run.

picture.php

JohnnyChicago

You didnt understand me JC,I dont say that they are not special I said that if I grow many O.Haze i will probably find good male as A and C.
Do you think that male used by Mad Mac x some NL will not made progeny close to Sensi's NL5x Haze.
I think that it will be as good as any NL5xHaze it is stupid to think that Haze C will only pass Haze C trait and Haze A only Haze A trait....It all about combination Haze C with G13 was hay in Neville's eyes while NLxHaze is wery good.

It is not as easy as you think. May be Nevils seeds were easy to select, as he got 2 great males out of 7 seeds. But the Seedsman, there you will need much more seeds and work. Also the ability to select the right OH males or females and the patience to test their progeny. OH is not cookies where you select the frostiest and you win. It's like finding a needle in a haystack. And when you find it, it's only very small part(s) of the cake and not necessary the right one. I have never noticed any traits of my metal OH male, in any of my OH(i) male crosses. And I have tested few hundred over the last years. If you take 2 males from the same inbred Seedsman lines, then what you are saying might be true.

But MM's male, the lastest he has posted I guess is 90sOH x Seedsman. There should be more variation and I think it's the goal. The opposite of his OH s1. Cold even be an improvement to Seedsman OH. Everything is possible.

My keeper Haze is my Pan-o-Haze cut. For me, better than OH, because quicker, better yielding, almost the same high but more potent and psychedelic. Has only qualities. Nothing bad to report, other than the stretch and the very bad feeling when your jars are getting empty :)
picture.php
picture.php

Sub24ox7

Johnny your pan-o-haze creation is drop dead gorgeous. Makes me want a lot of seedsman o. Haze seeds to rifle through to find a good male. Just wow

Sub24ox7

I’m looking for the good pot of the 90’s. Seemed to be more variety and more potent in a good way back then.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is not as easy as you think. May be Nevils seeds were easy to select, as he got 2 great males out of 7 seeds. But the Seedsman, there you will need much more seeds and work. Also the ability to select the right OH males or females and the patience to test their progeny. OH is not cookies where you select the frostiest and you win. It's like finding a needle in a haystack. And when you find it, it's only very small part(s) of the cake and not necessary the right one. I have never noticed any traits of my metal OH male, in any of my OH(i) male crosses. And I have tested few hundred over the last years. If you take 2 males from the same inbred Seedsman lines, then what you are saying might be true.

But MM's male, the lastest he has posted I guess is 90sOH x Seedsman. There should be more variation and I think it's the goal. The opposite of his OH s1. Cold even be an improvement to Seedsman OH. Everything is possible.

My keeper Haze is my Pan-o-Haze cut. For me, better than OH, because quicker, better yielding, almost the same high but more potent and psychedelic. Has only qualities. Nothing bad to report, other than the stretch and the very bad feeling when your jars are getting empty :)
View Image View Image

Johnny your pan-o-haze creation is drop dead gorgeous. Makes me want a lot of seedsman o. Haze seeds to rifle through to find a good male. Just wow

:yay:Pan~OHaze

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
best let seeds do the talking.........tended haze in Corralitos late 70’s - early 80’s.......2 sources.....one Boulder Creek/held tight...other Larkin Vly/after time shared....both sources cherished purple phenos that ripened into late Dec ......label from LV source.....

haze on.....:biggrin:

I have this label also.

-SamS

Attachments

• D7494356-662C-464F-B6F9-5801FFC356B2.jpg
    D7494356-662C-464F-B6F9-5801FFC356B2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by a moderator:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran

View Image View Image

The only downside I found in pan-o-haze (other than the one you mentioned) is that it's easy to underestimate the power of this cross: too many times I've had to drop my spliff due to blurred vision, pale face and cold sweats :D LOL
Great cross JohnnyChicago, and beautiful plants, every time I see your photos it is a pleasure for the eyes...

JohnnyChicago

The only downside I found in pan-o-haze (other than the one you mentioned) is that it's easy to underestimate the power of this cross: too many times I've had to drop my spliff due to blurred vision, pale face and cold sweats :D LOL
Great cross JohnnyChicago, and beautiful plants, every time I see your photos it is a pleasure for the eyes...

Will depend on the pheno, but yes that's Pan-o-Haze. If you overdue it, you will get exactly that. The more Panama they are, the quicker you will see its dark side. I guess my cut has the perfect balance between haziness of the OH and blurry effects Ace's Panama is known for. Probably Panama that does make it so much psychedelic, while carrying the same sensation of greatness of the very best OH's phenos. You don't talk to much on PanoHaze. You enjoy and breath life and your surroundings :) And you can get higher and higher, if you don't overdue it.Or at least saty high all the time for hours and hours. I even consider it the best (because the healthiest) party drug ever.

Last edited:

Limeygreen

Veteran
best let seeds do the talking.........tended haze in Corralitos late 70’s - early 80’s.......2 sources.....one Boulder Creek/held tight...other Larkin Vly/after time shared....both sources cherished purple phenos that ripened into late Dec ......label from LV source.....

haze on.....:biggrin:

I have this label also.

-SamS

I only have had purple haze in tom hill haze but it has a more indepth flavour to me, never saw it in original haze but only 20 something females doesn't show everything either I will bet.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I only have had purple haze in tom hill haze but it has a more indepth flavour to me, never saw it in original haze but only 20 something females doesn't show everything either I will bet.

then it is not original haze, when it doesn't contain purple, red or blue phenotypes. it is selection of it and something was lost in the process. you probably mean seedsman haze... strictly green selection. using of inaccurate terms, like calling haze hybrid a haze or green selection of Ohz a haze, only leads to confusion. confusion ruins knowledge.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran

I agree with you. I dont see why for example Raho´s chem4 x seedmanhz would be worse than NLhaze... we have much better indicas than NL for it these days. much tastier I mean. from my experience I can say, that tom hill haze crosses are much better than NLhaze. for me of course. A and C is crazy hype...

CannaT

Premium user

View Image View Image

That plant looks Panama dominant.
By pistils I grew cut of Panama from Vienna FF.

It was very dense and psydelic high reminds me of SSH but more sativish.

I think that Amnesia x O.Haze will also be brutal in strenght.
But like with every sativa cross needs big selection to find real one.

Nice looking POH.
Is it your own cross or Panama Haze by ACE ?

Limeygreen

Veteran
Yes seedsman original haze as it was sold under

then it is not original haze, when it doesn't contain purple, red or blue phenotypes. it is selection of it and something was lost in the process. you probably mean seedsman haze... strictly green selection. using of inaccurate terms, like calling haze hybrid a haze or green selection of Ohz a haze, only leads to confusion. confusion ruins knowledge.

Latest posts

Latest posts