What's new

The Haze Hybrid Thread

aliceklar

Johaar x Nitro Lemon Haze

Johaar x Nitro Lemon Haze

Johaar (Sativa, Himalayan landace, TRSC) - gentle but clean, positive high, fresh lemon ("floor cleaner") terps, big airy buds and large seeds, used for hand-made charas, takes c.16-18 weeks

Nitro Lemon Haze (MSNL, Lemon Skunk x Amnesia Haze or Super Silver Haze?) sweet lemon funk - pleasant but slightly foggy high, 10-12 weeks

picture.php

View image in gallery

Johaar x Nitro Lemon Haze F1 (centre) grown alongside Johaar (both from same mother plant) and Nitro Lemon Haze for comparison. Grew the F1s deliberately rootbound in small pots, the taller ones also needing some severe training to keep them under lights. JNLH8 is the best of the F1s, with lemon/lime candy terps and a long lasting creative high. Will be taking seed forward to F2 from this one. Aiming for something with a more positive and creative quality of high than the NLH and reduced flowering time & more compact, resinous buds than the Johaar. The combination of lemon terps is a bonus - looking forward to what shows up in the F2.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Also it is a generalization that sativas are all up and zing, the real good old swazi lines were always having a fairly balanced high to them, with a good stone to them, the other less stellar sub saharan sativas have completely different highs, some transkeis are all up, but with very little kick at all, limpopo weed (province next to mozambique/swaziland) I always remember from my youth would get "half envelopes" of which would be sticks and seeds and the other half leaves, and I dont know how much CBN there would be but shit half a pinner would have me passing out in the park and drooling on myself, with a high tolerance, and I'd ramble on home and get munchies extreme, pass out on the couch and wake up and hour later with a big headache and be sober but groggy LOL..The the durban poison we would get, in Durbs and the real stuff when you'd get it in Cape Town, it was always these little sticky nugs, full sativa, little gummed up nugs, and the best way to describe the high was hypnotic..The swazi also has that component but has a fair more stone to the high as well, both those have the kick from high enough thc..malawi was always a decent zinger, we'd always get it cobbed though and it had a nice well rounded high then different to if you got some malawi gold, was a great smoke when it came around..

And all different high to thais, asians, south americans etc..What is a sativa high? They are just all different cannabis highs..terps play a bit part too..dramatically change highs. What is an indica terp, or cannabis sativa subsp. indica terp as opposed to a cannabis sativa terp? But that said..those hashplanthaze s1's that I grew ten years back, kicking myself for not keeping cuts, were so frankensensy, bump a plant and the entire greenhouse would stink and I gave some to my neighbor and after a week he came back to me complaining that he didn't enjoy the weed LOL and was asking for some more "chill" stuff and also asking if I laced it with speed LOL..saying it lasted hours, made him feel like he had taken some speed, very strong, and made him very anxious..but he said it was great for getting work done LOL..I never told him what it was when I gave it to him and he more a hillbilly if i told him it was a haze hybrid he'd not have any reference to understand what that meant.

regseeds

Hi Reg,
The reason people are asking you questions about the cross is that we've never seen it before.
I'm sure Nevil made seeds of that cross (NL#1 x Haze), but I never saw it in a seedbank catalog.
Can you tell us where you got it, who made it, and what makes you believe the pedigree?
Have you grown it before?
Are they original F1's? If not, what generation are they?

Thanks

1. I cannot say whom I received it from as it was part of another transaction. 3 strains 20 beans each came later as a gift.
2. Never had the conversation who made it but clearly by (Affiliation), it was Nev’s work.
3. “What makes you believe the pedigree” I was never present when the seed was made as for 90% of the other strains I have. The person I received it from I do not have to doubt or question. They were long out the business when I got them.
4. I have not grown these seeds before. I have grown many times, similar offspring.
5. No filial generations on label. That is why I would hazard a Guess F1? The packages came with P1 names & date.

regseeds

I encourage you not to get into that debate here.

Just accept that some will argue that when you cross a "pure sativa" with a "pure indica", you will never be able to selectively breed all the wide leaf effects out of the cross to their satisfaction to equal the "pure" sativa, even though you may find a specific plant quite easily that becomes your own personal favorite plant that you smoke daily for the rest of your life.

As you wish

TheDarkStorm

1. I cannot say whom I received it from as it was part of another transaction. 3 strains 20 beans each came later as a gift.
2. Never had the conversation who made it but clearly by (Affiliation), it was Nev’s work.
3. “What makes you believe the pedigree” I was never present when the seed was made as for 90% of the other strains I have. The person I received it from I do not have to doubt or question. They were long out the business when I got them.
4. I have not grown these seeds before. I have grown many times, similar offspring.
5. No filial generations on label. That is why I would hazard a Guess F1? The packages came with P1 names & date.

The nl#1 x hazeC were listed in the catalogue but if I remember correctly they were listed the wrong way around as haze x#1....will be nice to see them wen the finished regseeds.:tiphat:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
The nl#1 x hazeC were listed in the catalogue but if I remember correctly they were listed the wrong way around as haze x#1....will be nice to see them wen the finished regseeds.:tiphat:

Haze was female NL1 male was used that year as pollen donor for making seeds.

HPxNL1
Haze x NL1
G13 x NL1

1988 was year of succes of Haze x NL1
After that Nevile used female NL5 x Haze to make production faster with 8 weeks female. Instead of long flowering female haze.

....88 version (Haze X NL#1 ) states 'Haze X Northern lights has been the most reliable haze hybrid so far and is our favorite smoke. It is a bit stretchy and difficult to grow but well worth it.

1989 version: "Due to tremendous customer demand, we have spent years searching for a superb Sativa/ Indica hybrid that is suited for indoor growing but still retains the unique sativa qualities in the high. The NL#5 x Haze hybrid is the result of this search....

So seeds of 88 were like pure gold so thats why they make.
NL5xHaze....more seeds more money. With haze female you can have 3-4- harvest for seeds at best with NL5 mother you can have 5-6.

Last edited:

mexicani-ar

Blue Dream

Blue Dream

This is the Blue Dream Santa Cruz cut, I received it through a friend. This is first time I grow this cut out, any advice on growing this cut will be appreciated. I was told to take her to 11 weeks for best results. Saludos Mexicani-ar

Attachments

• 20210124_085743.jpg
    20210124_085743.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210124_085652.jpg
    20210124_085652.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 16

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
And all different high to thais, asians, south americans etc..What is a sativa high? They are just all different cannabis highs..terps play a bit part too..dramatically change highs. What is an indica terp, or cannabis sativa subsp. indica terp as opposed to a cannabis sativa terp?

It's my thinking that the total amount of resin and therefore terpenes is a factor as well. Maybe some sativas just don't have enough terpenes to give anything but a clear high? The danker smelling plants do tend to have a denser effect imo. That doesn't explain why haze is so uppity up though as there's usually plenty of resin about. I wish we knew more about terpenes such as myrcene. I think someone here mentioned Swazi having a lot of it. The rooibaard that I grew could make your head ring for hours on end but I imagine if you stored it in a way that degrades THC into CBN it could turn into some sleepy stuff.

TheDarkStorm

Haze was female NL1 male was used that year as pollen donor for making seeds.

HPxNL1
Haze x NL1
G13 x NL1

1988 was year of succes of Haze x NL1
After that Nevile used female NL5 x Haze to make production faster with 8 weeks female. Instead of long flowering female haze.

....88 version (Haze X NL#1 ) states 'Haze X Northern lights has been the most reliable haze hybrid so far and is our favorite smoke. It is a bit stretchy and difficult to grow but well worth it.

1989 version: "Due to tremendous customer demand, we have spent years searching for a superb Sativa/ Indica hybrid that is suited for indoor growing but still retains the unique sativa qualities in the high. The NL#5 x Haze hybrid is the result of this search....

So seeds of 88 were like pure gold so thats why they make.
NL5xHaze....more seeds more money. With haze female you can have 3-4- harvest for seeds at best with NL5 mother you can have 5-6.

You must know something that nevil didnt...he already said in a direct reply that that was a typo...he corected alot of typo's wen he re-emereged....an some of us were around wen the original stuff was released. ...an if you actually had the original f1 nl5x haze you would know it was the same as long as nevil made it. C5(1) is a 88/89 5haze the c5(122) wich was found years later an still around is a direct sister. 88nl5 is still around they clearly use hazeC swami has it the cough is one too. Nl5haze from 1990 is still around...its the same

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Yeah, the limpopo stuff that is half seeds and leaves, no visible resin, its like pure narcosis, for a short duration, then headache, sleep and munchies, but in my mind its cbn but when I smoke some CBN isolate, its very different, an anti depressant relaxing stone, not too strong..so I am far from a clear understanding LOL..I can imagine the swazi having myrcene, defineatly the pepper terp, it has that narcotic aspect that beer and the skunks and indicas (LOL) that have high amounts have..That terp I know first hand how it can make a smoke stone, one clone I had from seed would hit soooo hard, that there was way more happening than the THC, even full melt bubble would be 2x as potent by weight as a toke would give one a headband like an extreme ice cream headache but in the sinus too, and two or three tokes was a battle to stay conscious no matter your tolerance..funny a little haze that clone somewhere deep along with skunk affie and and..But I'd agree with you on the terpless sativas being so clear, also I'd add that maybe it is the low but clean THC content, but then again that hashplanthaze was sooooo terpy, but of a unique incense type, so i am guessing no myrcene, and that was sooo zingy, zero chill, heart palpitations and running around in circles with lots of energy not remembering what you were doing..The chocolope had some of that high but with way more body and warmth and happiness and not much anxiety..its a fun journey all these years playing with these plants that make you feel all sorts of things..the entourage effect is real and also the interplay between different cannabinoids and still I wonder how many novel terpenoids or related we are still going to find in dope..Bit of a ramble but always enjoy this thread, glad to add my 2c..

Darkstorm..which cough are you referring to? "The cough is one too"

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
You must know something that nevil didnt...he already said in a direct reply that that was a typo...he corected alot of typo's wen he re-emereged....an some of us were around wen the original stuff was released. ...an if you actually had the original f1 nl5x haze you would know it was the same as long as nevil made it. C5(1) is a 88/89 5haze the c5(122) wich was found years later an still around is a direct sister. 88nl5 is still around they clearly use hazeC swami has it the cough is one too. Nl5haze from 1990 is still around...its the same

Hi,Dark
We agre not to disagree.
Making typo in catalogue is very rear.

Making mistakes in the catalog that you will print in xy pieces for customers around the world are rare, at least from personal experience because the content is reviewed several times before publication.

Only guy that profit from these breeders tags A,C,D,A5,C5 is Shanti and his seed company. He finally developed his own business from being the exclusive representative of Neville's gentics.
And story is dont buy Sensi's they dont know how to cross plant A with plant B that only Nevile know.
Come to me I have Nevile original C haze as mother,what Sensi seeds bought and keep mothers legaly it dosent mather. Im exlusive Haze holder of best Haze ever cuz it is found by Nevile.

This story is funny to me.

If you grow some plants you will see that in today O.Haze people are finding fire. Crosses are fire.
And easy compareble to ''holy grails males A and C.''
In Canada the best Haze around is not Nevile Haze most prized cut going these days is GS cut of seedsmans haze.

For me those tegs A5,C5....are very funny.
I grew Jack Herer and found plant dead on A5 which flower for 16weeks I put picture somwhere here.
So I found A5 in 2017 so how it is possible if haze A died ???
I dont think that this pack buyed at Sensi's store in Adam is 20 years old ?

O.Haze is O.Haze ,NLxhaze is NLxhaze no mather who found good cut(cultivar) Nevile,Shanti,you or me.

What you love in C5,A5....is caracteristics of O.Haze..Thats why they are so special.
No one talk about 8 week NL5xhaze.

I dont get it whats so special in those cuts of haze A and C.
Only what I see is that have some historical meaning cuz they were hazes that were used in The seed bank and Sensi seeds and thats all.

Just like house of Anna Frank it is plein old Dutch house nothing special. But who lived there matters.
That also is my thinking of A5,C5,A and C....nothing special but good part of history.

picture.php

Seedsman's Haze

JohnnyChicago

If Seedsman (and old TFD) was so special compared to HazeA and C, why did we have to wait 20 years to notice how special it is?
Just a little reminder: Seedsman was sold at 18$ for 10 seeds.

The same could be said of Haze A and C.
>20 years of discussions because of something that was nothing special at all? Really?

In 2001 I grew three packs of the TFD Original Haze and got just green hay.

This is what OH was always considered.

If you comapre the refined Seedsman lines with the refined Hazes from Shanti. Then yes you are 100% right. Nothing special in haze A and Haze C.
But if you compare the original Seedsman to the original Nevil seeds, or the from Nevil selected cuts sold in Coffeeshops in the 90s. Then Seedsman was defitively hay, you had to be very lucky to find a great female in one pack.

Look at this post, and look how Sam was already tired of repeating it in 2008, that you should use it for breeding and not compare to Nevils work.

Well, Nevilles Haze is derived from Original Haze matierials I gave Neville in 1980's, not 1969, but it is not a pure Haze, it has been crossed with the NL line.
So you are comparing apples and oranges..
Take FD Original Haze and make a cross with your favorite female clone and you will be surprised how good it is. Often much better then either parent.

Also I have suggested many times that Original Haze is "breeding material" not great commercial growing materials, but you seem to only notice what you want to notice. It is the only pure Original Haze available.

Bottom line is if you want an almost Haze line that is stong and popular get Nevilles Haze, SSH, Kali Mist, Sage, or a dozen other Haze Hybrids that mostly used my Original Haze as a parent, directly or through a Haze Hybrid based on my Haze genetics available from 1976 from me.

If you want pure Sativa blood to use for breeding then remember that all of the above are Haze hybrids only and most used Indica bloodlines to some degree.

"We're talking about the Original Haze from The Flying Dutchmen, which doesnt list its flowering times nearly at 26 weeks"

What is the 26 weeks about? I have grown Haze a lot, but 26 weeks? WTF??

-SamS

BadRabbit

Original Thai Haze X Skunk from Sam (from a freebie pack about 10 years ago!)... 18 days flowering

https://www.udrop.com/hp6W/20210125_083248_Lo__(2).jpg[/IMG]

Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

View Image

Thx ... I'm learning the image posting stuff. Not sure why I'm not seeing it in the post. Too large perhaps?

Im not clued up on the image posting bad rabbit. Maybe someone else can chime in. I suppose as long as we can see it in one of the posts/reposts its ok....
I like sams thai hazexsk myself. Its a excellent strain. What do you think of it.?

TheDarkStorm

Hi,Dark
We agre not to disagree.
Making typo in catalogue is very rear.

Making mistakes in the catalog that you will print in xy pieces for customers around the world are rare, at least from personal experience because the content is reviewed several times before publication.

Only guy that profit from these breeders tags A,C,D,A5,C5 is Shanti and his seed company. He finally developed his own business from being the exclusive representative of Neville's gentics.
And story is dont buy Sensi's they dont know how to cross plant A with plant B that only Nevile know.
Come to me I have Nevile original C haze as mother,what Sensi seeds bought and keep mothers legaly it dosent mather. Im exlusive Haze holder of best Haze ever cuz it is found by Nevile.

This story is funny to me.

If you grow some plants you will see that in today O.Haze people are finding fire. Crosses are fire.
And easy compareble to ''holy grails males A and C.''
In Canada the best Haze around is not Nevile Haze most prized cut going these days is GS cut of seedsmans haze.

For me those tegs A5,C5....are very funny.
I grew Jack Herer and found plant dead on A5 which flower for 16weeks I put picture somwhere here.
So I found A5 in 2017 so how it is possible if haze A died ???
I dont think that this pack buyed at Sensi's store in Adam is 20 years old ?

O.Haze is O.Haze ,NLxhaze is NLxhaze no mather who found good cut(cultivar) Nevile,Shanti,you or me.

What you love in C5,A5....is caracteristics of O.Haze..Thats why they are so special.
No one talk about 8 week NL5xhaze.

I dont get it whats so special in those cuts of haze A and C.
Only what I see is that have some historical meaning cuz they were hazes that were used in The seed bank and Sensi seeds and thats all.

Just like house of Anna Frank it is plein old Dutch house nothing special. But who lived there matters.
That also is my thinking of A5,C5,A and C....nothing special but good part of history.

View Image
Seedsman's Haze

You got a picture of your sensi jack hazeA find...you do know its got no hazeA in it . Dont think anyone else ever found that. Seeing as they never had it, neither did shanti.

BadRabbit

Hey DarkStorm -

I'm hoping to find something memorable - haze/sativa search is a current interest for me. This plant is the 3rd seed from this pack I've been able to flower out and the first one so far that I think is really lovely/promising.

I have another one at about 12 weeks right now that is this giant, out of control fluffy bud monster. I've found a few males and the last female wasn't special in any way.

This current one looks to have some strong skunk influence and it's starting to give off an enchanting aroma. I'll post photos (one I figure it out better) as it develops.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Thanks for fixing that, HH.

Nice looking THUNK BadRabbit. I didn't know it could have such a decent structure. All the pics I had seen look floppy and wild. Keep us in the loop with this one. Not too many THUNK grows/pics these days.

Latest posts

Latest posts