What's new

The Haze Hybrid Thread

funkyhorse

Variegated super silver haze. I guess this is triggered by high light/low calcium. Second time im seeing this.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Somebody published this link on icmag, cant find which thread. it caught my attention because I have seen variegation in 2 specimens. One of them original Haze and the other was a MNS Nevil Haze, According to this link is lack of the green pigment chlorofyll
I hope it helps
https://propg.ifas.ufl.edu/03-genetic-selection/04-genetic-chimera.html

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
lack of the green pigment chlorofyll

chaco´s sour diesel x neville´s haze
picture.php
picture.php

regseeds

Tell us abit more about this one please regseeds...she looks very nice

Thanks mate.

• Haze x N1
  • Haze x SS

4 of each remaining, haze x n1 #4 is my favorite. Also have some other strains on the go non-haze.

Few problems with humidity, I overloaded my grow room. Set back a few weeks. Everything is beyond healthy. Couple of tweaks to make. Overall things are good. I will send update a picture when there done.

Aiming to stick some rockwool on a lower branch of #4 to get a clone/runner from her in a week or so, she’s ticking all the boxes.

Haze x NL1 #2
picture.php

Last edited:

regseeds

Question, in a 50/50 hybrid how often does offspring showing P1 (BLD) vigour characteristics have the P1 (NLD) character in high & smoke.

Anybody trying to find this in haze hybrids? All of the best haze qualities in a short stocky quick flowering plant.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Question, in a 50/50 hybrid how often does offspring showing P1 (BLD) vigour characteristics have the P1 (NLD) character in high & smoke.

Anybody trying to find this in haze hybrids? All of the best haze qualities in a short stocky quick flowering plant.

according to skunkman, you should find such plant in F2s. indica with sativa high. I have never seen it. but theoretically it is possible. what I usually see is that indica takes down haze qualities. well Cinderella99 is supposed to be like that. but it lacks something compared to real sativa. this post describes it properly:

the high was similar on some to a sativa high,
bit shorter lived , and easier to build up tolerance though,

if i were to compare it to the thai i smoked recently,
and i was asked too by the folks i was toking with,
id say c99 would get you there faster,
but plateau out a bit fast before reaching the high the thai would deliver,
there was a ceiling on the c99 , where there wasnt on the thai..
and day after day the thai would get me just as high,
that would wear thin with c99 after a couple of days ...

what we sacrifice for early maturation and bag appeal,
by introducing indica ,
is quite noticeable and doesnt enhance the high,
it most certainly detracts from it ,
(the older version of me now realizes what the guys who said the indica was ruining the good pot meant)
the guys toking kush might not agree....

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
haze hybrid doesn't mean only indica x haze, it can be also pure sativa x haze, which is more appreciated by real sativa lovers. cheers.

Raho

Veteran
Hi Reg,
The reason people are asking you questions about the cross is that we've never seen it before.
I'm sure Nevil made seeds of that cross (NL#1 x Haze), but I never saw it in a seedbank catalog.
Can you tell us where you got it, who made it, and what makes you believe the pedigree?
Have you grown it before?
Are they original F1's? If not, what generation are they?

Thanks

Thanks mate.

• Haze x N1
  • Haze x SS

4 of each remaining, haze x n1 #4 is my favorite. Also have some other strains on the go non-haze.

Few problems with humidity, I overloaded my grow room. Set back a few weeks. Everything is beyond healthy. Couple of tweaks to make. Overall things are good. I will send update a picture when there done.

Aiming to stick some rockwool on a lower branch of #4 to get a clone/runner from her in a week or so, she’s ticking all the boxes.

Haze x NL1 #2
View Image

Raho

Veteran

Kinda hard to answer this the way I think you are looking for without knowing where you are starting the conversation RE breeding knowledge. This thread is not really about breeding science.

It is also a pretty vague question. Naming specific plants (famous cuts would be even better) for your hypothetical cross would help get good answers.

The simplest answer is that people have been trying to do exactly what you are asking about since the first fast wide leaf strains made it into America.
Arguably, they have been very successful as many of the most popular heirloom "sativa" lines of sold today absolutely contain fast wide leaf genetics, but they were introduced so long ago and the lines worked so much that today they pass for "pure."
Durban Poison is a good example.

There are many others out there.
The most common wide leaf genetic contributor found unexpectedly in Phylos profiles of "sativas" would be skunk.

Purists will split hairs that NO amount of wide leaf influence on the effects are acceptable, insisting that a totally clear high is not possible in anything that is hybridized. That the essential nature of the high is forever changed.
Maha will make that point all day, tirelessly, and has had to often.
He finds himself there because many people simply don't know what a pure sativa experience is and argue with him about it.
They lose the argument eventually.

It doesn't mean that it isn't possible, but it IS impossible for 2 strangers talking over the internet to debate the effects of a hypothetical cross without a sample from the same plant sitting in front of both of them, ready to smoke. Maybe some other benchmark buds too, specifically the 2 parents of the F1.

Then there is the issue of experience. The educated palette.
Some people simply don't have enough experience to understand the subtle differences between things they've never smoked before, just like a wino living on the street might not be able to appreciate the subtle qualities of a rare bottle of vintage wine.
Can you detect something missing from a sample when the absent trait is something you've never experienced before?

I encourage you not to get into that debate here.

Just accept that some will argue that when you cross a "pure sativa" with a "pure indica", you will never be able to selectively breed all the wide leaf effects out of the cross to their satisfaction to equal the "pure" sativa, even though you may find a specific plant quite easily that becomes your own personal favorite plant that you smoke daily for the rest of your life.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Kinda hard to answer this the way I think you are looking for without Purists will split hairs that NO amount of wide leaf influence on the effects are acceptable, insisting that a totally clear high is not possible in anything that is hybridized. That the essential nature of the high is forever changed.
Maha will make that point all day, tirelessly, and has had to often.

good Sunday Raho, I am no purist. I just say what I experienced. and you know that I am here for sharing and I am opened to all opinions, but you also know that opinion is the lowest form of knowledge, and some uses it as tool to troll(you know who I am talking about) so I try to stick with real experience, which can differ. it is simplifying to say that it is about some clarity of effect only, because some sativas are not clear at all, but still smoke like sativa and not hybrid. that´s why I quoted Mr. Mallard´s post as I think his description is on point and accurate. according to my experience. it was discussed numerous times, but I will always point it out. I am always looking for manageable hybrid which smokes like real sativa. they told me it is neville´s haze. I am sorry. but it is not. cheers :D

Raho

Veteran
good Sunday Raho, I am no purist. I just say what I experienced. and you know that I am here for sharing and I am opened to all opinions, but you also know that opinion is the lowest form of knowledge, and some uses it as tool to troll(you know who I am talking about) so I try to stick with real experience, which can differ. it is simplifying to say that it is about some clarity of effect only, because some sativas are not clear at all, but still smoke like sativa and not hybrid. that´s why I quoted Mr. Mallard´s post as I think his description is on point and accurate. according to my experience. it was discussed numerous times, but I will always point it out. I am always looking for manageable hybrid which smokes like real sativa. they told me it is neville´s haze. I am sorry. but it is not. cheers :D

I'm never gonna argue that point with you. You are right of course. I could rephrase the question to end the debate, but it's his question, not mine.

This @regseeds guy has no idea what he is asking, and I don't want my thread turned into a shit show like the other thread where that debate raged on endlessly. Pointlessly. To the detriment of the thread.

That is the exact reason I made this thread. As an outlet for people to happily discuss the great "haze" they had (which happened to be a hybrid) without being badgered about how it is not a "haze" . . . by you.
Remember?