What's new

The Haze Hybrid Thread

Bmac1

Veteran
I got 100%germination on the beans. Not bad for 12-15 year old beans. The GTH#1 had a hard time shedding the hull on a couple. One ended up falling over and dying so I ended up with 15/16.

4 chocolope
5 GTH#1
6 sour strawberry haze

20220929_055950.jpg

Piff_cat

Meanwhile some B7 @ 95 days flower under Sanlight LED combined with a red spectrum COB LED to enhance the red spectrum:
View attachment 18762921 View attachment 18762922 View attachment 18762923 View attachment 18762924 View attachment 18762925 View attachment 18762926 View attachment 18762927 View attachment 18762928 View attachment 18762929 View attachment 18762930
Few more weeks and some great ganja will flow to some great folks.
Much Love
wow once again insane flowers. insane yield and vigor. and that stem is crazy!! the different shades and patterns of red xylem in haze plants lignin is something ive done alot of reading on.
lignin is a complex building material for plant- a one stop shop for fungi/humidity protection to keep moisture and fungi out of the stems. lignin is also the structure to keep plant upright and serves as a pre cursor pool for secondary metabolites which fight off insects.

mulberry is one of cannabis closest relatives. morus nobilis from yunnan and japan make the same red xylem. caused by a mutated cinnamic alcohol dehydronese or CAD. the cad mutation results in extreme aromatic phenols incorporated into the lignin structure.

when the recipe of lignin is altered by a cad mutation, these terpenes/phenols/cannabinoid pre cursor pool explodes creating red xylem lignin highly aromatic. the amount of red/shade of red is sensitive and reflects the new recipe that the cad mutation created. these heterogenous states are responsible for many of the red stem xylem phenos.

cool jack herer red xylem pic
1664642481611.png

Piff_cat

Outback Vietnam #5 may be the come from behind winner of outback viet f1 selection. All the resin coverage stench and big calyx of fentotrigo 2 with respectable yields. Sharp sandalwood plus nostril stinging action we all love. Between 5 keeper f1 females they all smell different with 2 being zing lemon balm. 1 is smallest calyx and pine explosive bud sites and arms with opposing hooked calyx horns.
20221007_081359.jpg
20221007_081302.jpg
20221007_081340.jpg
20221007_081313.jpg

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was super impressed when I grew one of these girls out. Very haze smell/terp, and a little incense when burning and a pretty good haze and Cindy effect/vibe. On the short list to grow again!
I only flowered a couple females. The earlier one was a bit leafy but is very racy and gives me some pretty vibrant uplifting effects. Can definitely pull some c99 candy/fruity/skunky? Smells from that jar.

The one pictured is wildy opposite , grew like haze hybrid , took 3-4 weeks longer and is developing spicy /incense/potpourri smell. I'm picking up some carrot in there as well now that's in been in jars for a week. I've pollinated it with a haze 5 x haze / skunk male , have another cutting about to recieve pollen from a mindblower hz I Reversed and will likely pop some more and take it to f2.

For 35 dollars a pack. We all slept on this line way too hard. I wish I could pickup a few more to look through.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm looking for those old school chemotypes. I'm trying to learn how to bring those chemotypes back. No way to tell if it's good by looks alone. A good example of this is Hemp. You cant tell it's not drug type from looking at it. Every plant should be tried to know if it's worth keeping. Lots of plants can look great and smoke awful.

CPH
DSCN4641.JPG
DSCN4635.JPG

Ncali

Veteran
Haze has a few different "looks" that are often indicators you're in the right ballpark: airy, fluffy buds, sometimes spindley or dreads. Plenty of great pics and descriptions if you have time to read the thread.

Smell when burned is an indicator. The ultimate indicator being the effect when smoked. Uppy, social stiumlation... sometimes if it is a powerful one like, maybe a magical trance. :smokeit:

Theres a smell though, i put a dollar on it.

Latest posts

Latest posts