What's new

The Haze Hybrid Thread

JohnnyChicago

MadMac's Nepal x OH next to WLD Seedsman OH (12 weeker rootbeer) x PCK.
Grown last year in the NL.
nephazeWLDpck.jpg

browntrout

Veteran
Remember looking into the MNS hazes years ago, Mango Haze & the doors seem to be the stand outs?. But for those who have grown Shanti's Neville's Haze, NL5 Haze (are it anything like the original?), G13 Haze, Critical Haze & Afghan Haze how do they compare?

Piff_cat

Remember looking into the MNS hazes years ago, Mango Haze & the doors seem to be the stand outs?. But for those who have grown Shanti's Neville's Haze, NL5 Haze (are it anything like the original?), G13 Haze, Critical Haze & Afghan Haze how do they compare?
ive grown afghan haze it is legit. sammy has a album over there with it. smooth little leaves frosty liike sour but not. its also cool because it uses afghan T- the maple leaf female selection nev called skunk archaetype. nev selected for super skunk creation. anyway it seems the afghan line being very nld type compared to most others, it seems to really improve the breeding past f1. shanti has an afghan haze male he uses on a couple nice crosses- angel breath marcus found an incredible 18 week plant selecting with this line(mango haze x ah) he put an afghan haze female to his haze a/c male for holy smoke jah nova has a sick diary on that nice plants in there. i also like the mango nevil which is most likely 122hzC x nh male or possibly nh female x NHS(122 hz x 88 RC skunk) i personally wouldnt run their nl5 haze or nevils haze tho. theres just a lot better options with real haze C heavy looks.
tropical seeds has the best nl5 haze line hands down. inherited some f2/f3 from the original sensi drop in 91. these plants had been selected far to the sativa side and when tropical hunted the f3 they found tons of long flowering resinous beauties 12-14 week and also found a 150 day outlier female which would only flower under 10/14. reports of heavy leather, church. seems like a line similar in quality to sannies jack- stabalized sativa monsters that produce in less then 100 days.

browntrout

Veteran
ive grown afghan haze it is legit. sammy has a album over there with it. smooth little leaves frosty liike sour but not. its also cool because it uses afghan T- the maple leaf female selection nev called skunk archaetype. nev selected for super skunk creation. anyway it seems the afghan line being very nld type compared to most others, it seems to really improve the breeding past f1. shanti has an afghan haze male he uses on a couple nice crosses- angel breath marcus found an incredible 18 week plant selecting with this line(mango haze x ah) he put an afghan haze female to his haze a/c male for holy smoke jah nova has a sick diary on that nice plants in there. i also like the mango nevil which is most likely 122hzC x nh male or possibly nh female x NHS(122 hz x 88 RC skunk) i personally wouldnt run their nl5 haze or nevils haze tho. theres just a lot better options with real haze C heavy looks.
tropical seeds has the best nl5 haze line hands down. inherited some f2/f3 from the original sensi drop in 91. these plants had been selected far to the sativa side and when tropical hunted the f3 they found tons of long flowering resinous beauties 12-14 week and also found a 150 day outlier female which would only flower under 10/14. reports of heavy leather, church. seems like a line similar in quality to sannies jack- stabalized sativa monsters that produce in less then 100 days.
Interesting! That helps a lot Piff. How do you think the Tropical NL5Haze compares to Karmas A5 S1? Or are you familiar?. I’ve seen varying results, but I was happy with the pheno of A5S1 I got over the BA75 & Killer A5. Also is Shanti’s NL5Haze made with Haze A or C? Or is it reproduced from old stock?

I wish Shanti was a bit more specific with his lineage. I’m not sure why it would should be a secret.

Airloom

Veteran
@Piff_cat
Your contributions here help me catch up on 30 years I lost when I chased other distractions. I’m grateful in so many ways to still be above ground
It’s a gift for those of us who were sleeping
TY

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Of the mns things you mentioned I only tried Nevil hz and Nl5hz (5hzC), well, NevHz was a total disappointment and a waste of time(ghs version was very, very, very better) , 5hzC on the contrary surprised me and I really enjoyed it; I heard a lot of great reviews about G13hz and obviously mango hz, which is their workhorse, i was interested in their afg hz but i have heard many conflicting things about it ...
Out of MNS, I have good memories of sensi Nl5hz, and a few years ago I cultivated the version of Nirvana, and it was just awesome ...

JohnnyChicago

wow thats some next level shit! look how frosty sativa buds are! whats she smell like, whats in animal mints?

There is a little of everything in Animal Mints.
NL, Diesel, Sour Bubble, Blueberry, Kush, Durban Poison etc.

Smell of this particular pheno reminds me the brown/black Jack Herers sold in the 90s... (who knows what they were.....) with less incense... and some kind of dr pepper and spices. Some mint too. Reminds me also a little the Durban Poison I had in 95....

I have grown Afghan Haze from 2009 or so. And while I liked the Afghan-T side, it did lack of the stretch etc. of the Haze. Was also sexually unstable. Their NL5Haze the same. While NH Mango was full Haze stretch like it should be... Mango Haze looks ok too.

AfgHaze male.....
afghzsatmale.JPG

JohnnyChicago

Interesting! That helps a lot Piff. How do you think the Tropical NL5Haze compares to Karmas A5 S1? Or are you familiar?. I’ve seen varying results, but I was happy with the pheno of A5S1 I got over the BA75 & Killer A5. Also is Shanti’s NL5Haze made with Haze A or C? Or is it reproduced from old stock?

I wish Shanti was a bit more specific with his lineage. I’m not sure why it would should be a secret.

I would go for A5s1 and do some selection. If I would not grow my own Haze seeds. :)
Karmas A5s1.....
a5s1.jpg

Piff_cat

tropicals received the line at f2 or f3 from the original SENSI release in 1991. sensi was sending stuff out nevil had made before the sale and its very unclear what they actually used and sold. basically only haze c nl5 was released to the public by nevil. but i think this line from tropical has haze A dom traits but since c and a are half brothers its possible just a nice haze C selection. jack herer, marleys collie, jack flash all early sensi hybrids with nevil males but unclear what their pedigrees are. sensi may not even have known this haze distinction right away, ben did bring wet weed as his entry to cannabis cup around this time lol. remember many people didnt know about the pedigree and male descriptions until nevil came online in 2010. however there will be considerable difference in diversity between this line and a5 s1. selfing a plant like a5 wil give you alot of looks as piffcoast proved when he s2 brown haze(a5 f1). however taking this much further starts the demise to indica mushy. the mazar starts to take over. i believe karma said a5 clones were still alive, they were organized by sativa dom. the a5s1 plant i think was a 4 with 1 being most sativa. haze A genetics are incredibly powerful and have traits no other plants can bring even haze C. but tropicals line is the result of good nld selections if your looking to breed id go with that. if your looking for the most powerful haze id go with a5 s1 or even better if u can find it a5 x old school haze(sssc osh) or a5 x hypro amnesia. these double f1s will bring haze A in heavy and severly limit the nl5 influence. far as shanti he lies about pedigrees consistently and bans those who dare to speak up to offer help to ppl on mns. ive been banned by mushashi 3 times, the last was for posting about ocimene which piffcon exposed as most important terpene for incense. and ponting out how its absent from his sham NH and c5. but shanti just lies all the time. the only seeds nevil could use from him for the nh in grail were made in 97. we know for sure shanti doesnt have the original a5 selection from greenhouse days.
when tropical popped the line at f3 all plants were sativa dominant and well produing. profile was heavy leather liver incense all the stuff we know haze a PAsses on. but the real story here is the selection from f1 to make the f2 swarm. whoever did these must have picked the most nld resinous males and longflowering females because the line was on par with the original f1s. the height of this sativa was found in the 150 day pheno. refused to flower until 10/14 and finishing after 150 once again the profile was church. they took this female and put it to a light green ot haze male. this male is crazy productive and resinous. the only survivor of a burning heat incident in greenhouse due to negligence. this male is also used in full energy)afghan nld x green male) which would make for great line breeding to extreme.
another cool part about the line is its behavior in outcrosses. funkyhorse did some crosses with choc thai, the tropical 5haze and i think tom hill. the plants coming from these matings were unlike either parent or anything else weve seen before. this is complentary genes creating transgressive segregation. think of it like those old friendship necklaces with 2 halves split. the tropical pulled somehing nuts out of these matings which recreated a common ancestor between the two. this is the value of true 69 haze. heres some pics

plants from initial f2 seed pops-
1665539336252.png

1665539391158.png

150 day pheno extreme haze mom
1665539565062.png

1665539667187.png

stickman thread on tropical haze lines

stickman pheno from the f3 first line 5 haze trop released to public i believe they are on f4 now
1665540442698.png

1665540387654.png

1665540271013.png

1665540227018.png

1665540127536.png

last but not least funkyhorse transgressive 5hz choc thai hybrid. thai pheno. i cant remember the exact pedigree but i know it involved a choc thai plant that had fan leaf calyx and tom hill haze as well. there are many unique beautiful plants like hiding just below surface in these old se asia genes
1665540605549.png

Last edited:

funkyhorse

Hi there Piff
^^^ The plant above is NL5xH F3 fan leaf calix x Chocolate Thai F5 Derg Corra fan calix crossed to a THH selected male coming from an outdoor repro done in Spain by Xiskito. The male selection was for behaving like thai and revegging on 14 hours of light. Most of the THH males under 14 hours of light keep producing pollen. The selected male under 14 hours only produced leaf. I sprouted 5 plants from the cross with THH and plant pictured above was the only mutant
The fan leaf calix x fan leaf calix gave me some progeny with same fan leaf calix and that was what I wanted to see in the cross.

I have the NL5xH TSCo release F3 and F4 and I still have a few beans left
The F3 was better high than the F4, The F4 I made myself was better high than the ones I received from the bank. But the F3 was better than any F4
I crossed the F3 with Coljam, Double Jam(never tested and I doubt very much I ever will test any of these), the interesting Chocolate Thai male for the double leaf calix cross and I made F4s to compare with the bank release

The best high was the double fan leaf calix cross. It gave plants with an amazing smell I cant describe but on the spicy side of things and very good speedy high with a lot of munchies. I crossed this one with MadMac Seedsman Haze x Ohz90 hoping to bring the haze up but the high got diluted and this cross gave grinspoonesque buds, very beautiful to see and for the pictures but the high is not as good as the mother, a level down or two