What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

GreenAndFast

Some brown greazy weed for ya. Double zamal.
PXL_20220730_070030443.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220730_070010963.PORTRAIT.jpg

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Of course hammer. Why does it happen much faster and repeatablly for some plants and not others with all conditions drying curing similar?

You can come laugh your ass off all you want but I use a cannatrol that is completely controlled drying and curing and the Browning happens much faster then something that's been curing in a jar long term.

goingrey

Of course hammer. Why does it happen much faster and repeatablly for some plants and not others with all conditions drying curing similar?

You can come laugh your ass off all you want but I use a cannatrol that is completely controlled drying and curing and the Browning happens much faster then something that's been curing in a jar long term.
Bud density maybe? Fluffy buds might be more sensitive to oxidization?

But also the chemotype. Some cannabinoids and terpenes are literally antioxidants...

Cool machine that Cannatrol. Expensive though.

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bud density maybe? Fluffy buds might be more sensitive to oxidization?

But also the chemotype. Some cannabinoids and terpenes are literally antioxidants...

Cool machine that Cannatrol. Expensive though.
Totally agree . There's a lot of variables but I think the topic at hand is related to the ones that it happens to because of chemotype.

As for the cannatrol , I agree it's madly expensive and small but I would be hurting without it living in the Sonoran desert.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Its the conditions you give... It affects how fast cannabis degrades. The light, air, and heat you subject it to the faster it will brown out. It has zero do with how good the weed is. There's def other factors at play. Does it have a thick resin coating? are the flowers super dense? is the plant in Sensesence?.

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO no. It's just basic science. Time degrades all cannabis.

I don't think anyone said all brown cannabis is good and I KNOW for a fact that not all cannabis is equal in chemical makeup so expecting it to degrade equally is down right crazy. Chemotypes matter to me

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think anyone said all brown cannabis is good and I KNOW for a fact that not all cannabis is equal in chemical makeup so expecting it to degrade equally is down right crazy. Chemotypes matter to me
I will say it again if you missed it.. ALL CANNABIS WILL BROWN OUT GIVEN ENOUGH TIME. Its quality will not prevent that degradation process. Nothing in my posts says anything different.

lol, Being able to accept others' opinions without making it personal is what separates the adults in the room. I guess I'm crazy lol. It's obvious you are misreading my opinion on this subject. It's all good grow on my fellow cannabis lovers.

Last edited:

Discorilla

...i think he was talking about budrot guys.
I like the guy, i just think he coulda been banned from thread, the brash posts deleted and we all go on....no need for permaban is there? We all know what's in that can by now.
It'd be one thing if it was just this thread. There were multiple threads created and bombarded over the past little while. I'm all for freedom of speech/typing, but someone who is well-respected in the community should know better. There is so much praise and love for the genetics created, and that knowledge could be passed onto others in a much more productive way. I get that people are cashing in on his creations, and that would frustrate me too. There's more discrete ways to settle beef, though.

Raho

Veteran
Not me brother. They are all damn fools for letting go of chem 4 it was by far the best of the chems. Why did they let it go? Because it went brown fast. The best of them all for real.
I LOVE Chem 4.
SSsssh . . . . don't tell everyone . . .
If you say it, a hundred people will go quest for it right now :cool:

The oxidation thing turns off the buyers on the hill for sure.
Instagram kids want purple weed these days, not brown.

Crap . . . he's gone :-(
Tom said a lot of interesting things here before he went off on OJD.
Sad to seem him bounced in my own thread.

GreenAndFast

@elanius It's good man. It's had a 5-6 month cure and I've been vaping it all day today and yesterday. Incense and cola smell. Wonderful effect, super clean with a smooth landing. Found a few seeds in the bud too. Not sure of the father pollen but the seeds are absolutely tiny aswell. May be old timers haze, that was in the tent at the same time. Nice accidental cross 🤣

Latest posts

Latest posts