What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You culled them and used the males to make seed thanks figured as much.
I used my THH male x HK , should be about 50 seeds.. I also got 12 seeds from 1 THH female x P41. I did not make anything else. These are not for a seed release. I made them for myself to see what happens. In what universe would that be bad as your trying to imply. Brings me right back to more BS drama you create.. You thrive off it. That's sad dude.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I used my THH male x HK , should be about 50 seeds.. I also got 12 seeds from 1 THH female x P41. I did not make anything else. These are not for a seed release. I made them for myself to see what happens. In what universe would that be bad as your trying to imply. Brings me right back to more BS drama you create.. You thrive off it. That's sad dude.

You wont hear or read me say this to often when it comes to your plants Hammer (No Offense ) but what you had growing in the way of Haze that you culled looked very special.

THH and the OHaze just needed time its not a race its a Journey when it comes to sativas and no sativa shows their true worth until the end.

I saw people do just this with the Mango Haze test seed and they ended up throwing away possible one of the best Haze hybrids to come out in the past 2 or more decades.

By the way nothing wrong in making seed or making seed to sell.

LostTribe

Premium user

I would have culled that sucker way before 140. Probably just a long one or something else it didn't like about being grown indoors. Did you get any other female THH or just the one off?

My octopus looking THH is acting the same but is much larger in hydro this round. Hoping it will finish up soon. Starting to fade. I've been too busy with other things to get over there and get pics but will try to get some before chop. The Todd white grape looks amazing in hydro even thought the 2 timer issues. A5s1 also close and fading all at ~12-13 I think. The rest started to reveg so they got the axe.

acespicoli

I always wanted to harvest thai before it was ready, sh*t takes forever to grow :D

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."
-Bruce Lee

TheDarkStorm

I would have culled that sucker way before 140. Probably just a long one or something else it didn't like about being grown indoors. Did you get any other female THH or just the one off?

My octopus looking THH is acting the same but is much larger in hydro this round. Hoping it will finish up soon. Starting to fade. I've been too busy with other things to get over there and get pics but will try to get some before chop. The Todd white grape looks amazing in hydro even thought the 2 timer issues. A5s1 also close and fading all at ~12-13 I think. The rest started to reveg so they got the axe.

Thats how the orginals used to behave...under certain conditions all the tops of the buds would start reveging.....alot of the futher worked stuff got worked an addapted to grow better indoors an have more bud an alot less leaves....did you totally scrap the difficult ones or back them up to try later maybe ?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Thats how the orginals used to behave...under certain conditions all the tops of the buds would start reveging.....alot of the futher worked stuff got worked an addapted to grow better indoors an have more bud an alot less leaves....did you totally scrap the difficult ones or back them up to try later maybe ?

They start to reveg because of the light intensity been trying to tell people this for years.

Best highs come from the long flowering plants.

acespicoli

They start to reveg because of the light intensity been trying to tell people this for years.

Best highs come from the long flowering plants.

Weed is perhaps most often stereotyped for its hallucinogenic effects. While hallucinations are possible, they happen rarely and don't occur in all users.
Best thais I had would def describe as trippy :dance:

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It’s possible to get visuals from marijuana , especially if you refrained from using it for a long time and then dive back in

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I have had several distortions due to cannabis: zamaldelica gave me real synaesthesia effects, while every time I smoke Copalita Oaxaca a curious thing happens to me: I hear birdsong in the distance, the first times I thought they were real , but then I realized it was the grass, it only happens to me with Copalita (and then in December there are no swallows here ...)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

There were 2 THH both identical and 2 1990 OH also identical structures. All were 140 days. No quality in these.. Pretty much hay. As veg room space opens up ill start more. My flower room is not set up for hazes. The next lot Ill have to do even more training to keep the height low. 10' was too much. Moving them to an area with low light didn't help. It's clear they didn't like it. Their pot size also was too small.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Where is this high horse ?

Click image for larger version Name:	DSCN1927.JPG Views:	1 Size:	216.1 KB ID:	18016063

Amynamous

I have had several distortions due to cannabis: zamaldelica gave me real synaesthesia effects, while every time I smoke Copalita Oaxaca a curious thing happens to me: I hear birdsong in the distance, the first times I thought they were real , but then I realized it was the grass, it only happens to me with Copalita (and then in December there are no swallows here ...)

three little birds…acoustic

https://youtu.be/UZZy61m_Vwo

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I noticed something weird this year with an OHaze from Todd.
last year I gave a couple clones to a buddy and he planted them outside. I told him that it wouldn't have time to finish since it's such a long bloomer. He did end up making a harvest, but it needed more time. I was impressed for it being a gaze grown outdoors in Virginia.

But this year I planted one in my mom's garden in her front yard. It has just started blooming when she died from the cold. We didn't get an earlier cold snap this year.
I've heard that sometimes plants from seed will take longer to bloom than plants from clones. But both of these plants were cuttings from the original seed plant.

The only thing I can think of is maybe it wasn't getting enough hours of direct sunlight, but that's not the results I was expecting.

Piff_cat

do you think it is the ocimene that accounts for the frankincense smoke?

I think the ocimene accounts for the lung pinch and chest expansion that nevil recognized in haze from thais. A good example is ft Collins cough which is haze a hybrid. It definitely plays a role in the church but it's hard to say it explains it completely. It is definitely a Thai trait tho. I grew the piff s2 and it has very little smell in flower. However a week after it dried it had developed the most wonderfulp piff smell from across the room. Even the leaves could be smoked. It also made me break out in hives by the touch which is a main component of ocimene as a herbivore deterent. What I can say for sure is that oxygenated monoterpenes and sequiterpenes are at play here. Less volatile then terpenes but much stronger smelling and long lasting. Also they are created using farnesyl as a precursor different pathway then monoterpenes. Farnesyl is found in highest levels in thai specifically meo thai.

Piff_cat

Here is a very interesting genetic study. It seems to prove that nevils haze plants are primordial come from se asia and represent a genotype so rare and different it constitutes a seperate clade from nld and wld known as se asian nld. A phylogenetic neighbor joining graph compares alleles encoding for different allozymes and their frequency. The nevil haze used is the greenhouse clone which is available as s1 feminized but appears to be a valid f1 of a52a x c

Attachments

• photo2095779.jpg
    photo2095779.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 13

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Red cherry hash oil had lung expanding properties this was in the very early 1970’s in the north east coast USA…

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I noticed something weird this year with an OHaze from Todd.
last year I gave a couple clones to a buddy and he planted them outside. I told him that it wouldn't have time to finish since it's such a long bloomer. He did end up making a harvest, but it needed more time. I was impressed for it being a gaze grown outdoors in Virginia.

But this year I planted one in my mom's garden in her front yard. It has just started blooming when she died from the cold. We didn't get an earlier cold snap this year.
I've heard that sometimes plants from seed will take longer to bloom than plants from clones. But both of these plants were cuttings from the original seed plant.

The only thing I can think of is maybe it wasn't getting enough hours of direct sunlight, but that's not the results I was expecting.

I've seen Clones express very differently than the seed plants did. Some I preferred the seed expression more, I couldn't get any to go back to that.

HK x THH mutated...
DSCN1947.JPG

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The nevil haze used is the greenhouse clone which is available as s1 feminized but appears to be a valid f1 of a52a x c

Green House seed never had any of Nevils parent plants to make seed Nevil sold them seed on consignment.

They bought Nevils Haze F1 seed after Franco joined GHS from a guy that called him self Mr Haze who was a retailer of MrNice seed.

This was made public by MrHaze in a post so my point is GHS used seed that any one of us can buy from Mrnice to make the s1 seed they sell.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I've seen Clones express very differently than the seed plants did. Some I preferred the seed expression more, I couldn't get any to go back to that.

HK x THH mutated...

Yeah I've seen that. Just never seen the same clone come close to finishing one year, and not even start to bloom the next year. Maybe a mile apart - as the crow flies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts