What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I smoked both cuts A5 and C5....I found out that both arent anything special and wonder why somone keept those cut for years.

Probably because it's subjective, what I like sucks you .... My friend JohnnyChicago goes crazy for incense, I eliminate all plants that have this aroma ... the same goes for the effects: my friends love the Couchlock effect by Cookies, it gives me tachycardia ... It's all subjective (otherwise why on earth do you have to keep certain strains alive for decades?)

TheDarkStorm

I am not Sammy, but I can confirm there was that Diesel around.
But I have myself alwys considered it HazeC. And similar to the SSH cupwinner.
And Nevil seems to have thought the same, when I read his posts, that Diesel was 2x HazeC. No HazeA.
But very interesting in your post for me is the wine/grape description for the A5. That I am using myself to describe another cultivar that is from Nevil too, but is 100% no Haze.

Regarding the OHs and the ressemblances you guys are noticing:

It is normal that A5 crosses and my "Haze i" male progeny do share some similarities as they are both derived from incense OH lines. As that is what I looked and bred for in the OH; the A terps I love from my youth. (in addition to the pepper terps with their anti-depressant high)
Green OTH is different. More comparable to Haze19 and enough hazy to get considered Haze by me. I do even use it for breeding...
But they are very different in terms of high, but also growing structure and flowering times, compared to incense or pepperHazes.. Quicker, not as clear, not as deep, but very cerebral and energetic. Tom Hills posts are interesting on the subject...

Regarding SamS old greenhouse OHs. I can confirm the non fasciated one from SamS does look like Mac's and Star Crashs predators.
While SamS fasciated OH, had a very similar flowering structure to the non fasciated OH mother used in Star Crash line. (see below)
Basically that pic is showing why Star's OH is performing that great.
Thanks for sharing and discussing it again.

Also a special thank to star crash for growing and documenting the the Haze like hs is doing.
And Koondense I guess no need to wish a hazy christmas to you. :)

Thank for giving your input johny.....im not sure if its the same as there was one diesil going around wich was like jack or ssh.....this one wasn't really bud ..it was just masses of red hair with tiny silvery gold bits that could be little tiny beads of bud....bit like this picture....but imagine way more longer hair literally covering the whole of that bud..looked like 60-70% of the bag would be pure pistols weight...an then all the silvery bud you see reduced in size... I could be wrong an it could be the hazeC side...but im pretty sure that it was a a5...the only way I could describe it is leather, liver an pure petrol/diesil scent to the ppint were people thought we were importing it in barreles of petrol...much flater looking too ovcouse though this was quite afew years back
Click image for larger version  Name:	user451998_pic1989551_1574142806.jpg Views:	0 Size:	209.1 KB ID:	18015534

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grow sativas and can grow any other line with them but you need to have space.

If you dont have the space and your using a tent then my advice is run clones and put them into flower sooner with little or no real veg after they root use the time they take to sex as the veg period.

Like i posted before Sativas dont act or feed like most other strains.

You should know what you do is not what anyone else does. Haze and sats are not the same at least from what I've grown. Sativa hybrids no prob, Most of the hybrids I grow now are Sat hybrids. Haze dom hybrids do not grow the same at all. Its not that difficult to see which plants are happy and which are not. Haze hybrids always show how there doing before others pretty fast. From all your posts you dont even grow the same hybids I do. All you grow are hazes so how would you even know lol.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You should know what you do is not what anyone else does. Haze and sats are not the same at least from what I've grown. Sativa hybrids no prob, Most of the hybrids I grow now are Sat hybrids. Haze dom hybrids do not grow the same at all. Its not that difficult to see which plants are happy and which are not. Haze hybrids always show how there doing before others pretty fast. From all your posts you dont even grow the same hybids I do. All you grow are hazes so how would you even know lol.

Haze is a sativa Hammer and I grow sativas yes but I have also grown heavy indica lines and indica lines.

I have 50% Haze hybrids that act just like a pure sativa.

Cannabis is cannabis you just need to know what each need in the way of feeding.

They all grow the same in veg it only changes when it you go into flower with some strains and then its only a simple adjustment in feeding with some sativas.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Dark there is a post by Nevil describing the HzC side and HzA side the HzC side was the fruity and the HzA was as you put it.

Dirt Life

Veteran
Unless I missed something, THH is not derived from the Haze 19 cutting. Haze 19 was never offered pure by Posi, only in hybrid form, along with the other breeders who used the cutting (Dutch Flowers comes to mind)... not that it really matters, it's all haze, but, if we really do care about history and where lines are derived from... just saying.

I have never grown haze 19 in my life. I grew original haze from positronics.

Now it may have been an early repro they did or it may have been a portion of the oh seed sam sold to them the year was late 1994 and sam also had some early genotype skunk there "hand pollinated by the skunkman" (that still makes me giggle sam). The former clearly not part of positronics commercial offering they put it in a generic seed pouches rather than a dedicated one and the seperate, full page description had sams rather scientific (for that time) writing style all over it as apposed to the common dregs there at the time. It took some conversation and effort to even get it - i dragged it out of them with superior intellect and a pocket full of cheddar lol. I had zero interest in their orange bud haze et al.

Then i double down on my last comment. Sam actually gave pure haze seed to him before that. And he would never lable a seedline after a single clone as you describe. It would be too doichy for him.

There was no haze 19 when i was there i dont think..there was orange 1 x haze. Aurora borelis ( nl - balls) x haze... and the shit i made them yank out from deep under the counter lol - original haze

GoatCheese

Veteran
Good luck bidding to you as well. 😁 My goal is 3 varieties for around 100 bucks. We shall see how i do. 😂 Some of those exclusive, deep from the freezer varieties might just loosen my purse strings though.:chin:

When you’re bidding at the auction, i think you still have two months to pay for your whole order after the first auction you won, so if you take your time with the bidding you can really make bargain deals for MNS strains ..for say, AfgHz or SkHz which usually seem to go fairly cheaply, my max bid would be 16-20 euros depending how desperate i am, and if it’s not enough then i’d wait for the next listing of the strain and try again. Think i got 8 packs of seeds for around 130 euros + shipping or something like that. (AfgHz, G13Hz, NL5Afg, Ortega)

Haven’t grown any AfgHz yet but i’m a big Maple Leaf/Afg-T genetics fan and i’m sure it will go nicely with HzC genetics.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haze is a sativa Hammer and I grow sativas yes but I have also grown heavy indica lines and indica lines.

I have 50% Haze hybrids that act just like a pure sativa.

Cannabis is cannabis you just need to know what each need in the way of feeding.

They all grow the same in veg it only changes when it you go into flower with some strains and then its only a simple adjustment in feeding with some sativas.

Yes but it's a different genotype IMO. Haze plants do not look like Sat plants. Haze has a distinctive look. As I said Sat are no prob very easy to grow healthy plants. .. Its the hazes that are not.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Yes but it's a different genotype IMO. Haze plants do not look like Sat plants. Haze has a distinctive look. As I said Sat are no prob very easy to grow healthy plants. .. Its the hazes that are not.

How is a hybrid line made from pure Sativas not a sativa Hammer ?.

My 50% Haze hybrids look and act like pure sativas here are just a few examples.

Mango Haze F1 Male (on the right) and female. Females just starting to flower males close to sexing.

Cnv0072.jpg

Mango Haze male 50% Haze

Cnv0066.jpg

Mango Haze F2 i made.

IMG_1742.JPG

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How is a hybrid line made from pure Sativas not a sativa Hammer ?.

My 50% Haze hybrids look and act like pure sativas here are just a few examples.

Mango Haze F1 Male (on the right) and female. Females just starting to flower males close to sexing.

I never said it wasn't..Haze is a Sat but requires different everything IMO to grow its best. Its visibly different from other Sat's.. You should know what you get in your garden wont be what others get. Different environments will produce different phenos, even growing the same cut. .

sugabear_II

Veteran
Why haven't we sequenced the dna?

I guess it is better to keep the mystique around these strains and pretend the p1s are like family hierlooms so profits stay up and people are left guessing what is what. maybe jusr me but it is a shameful situation we are in where purity if it ever existed is not being preserved because maybe someone else will start a seed company and eat your lunch. Greed like this will lead to the loss of genetics, plain and simple.

/rant off

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I never said it wasn't..Haze is a Sat but requires different everything IMO to grow its best. Its visibly different from other Sat's.. You should know what you get in your garden wont be what others get. Different environments will produce different phenos, even growing the same cut. .

No you did say it Hammer

Originally posted by Hammerhead View Post

Some Thais and even Colombians look just like a Haze you would not be able to pick a Haze from a line up.

They all need the same in veg flowering is were it gets different.

Growing plants in the ground is very different to growing plants in a pot or in hydro.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Why haven't we sequenced the dna?

I guess it is better to keep the mystique around these strains and pretend the p1s are like family hierlooms so profits stay up and people are left guessing what is what. maybe jusr me but it is a shameful situation we are in where purity if it ever existed is not being preserved because maybe someone else will start a seed company and eat your lunch. Greed like this will lead to the loss of genetics, plain and simple.

/rant off

Strains are and have been preserved the problem lye's with corporate cannabis and the cannabis industry and their hunger to control and own things they have no right to.

Why should any grower that has for many decades preserved genetics openly throw them around to people they dont know to see others cash in from them and others like corporate cannabis take ownership of them.

People share with friends yes its not perfect and yes it sucks but that is the reality of things.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No you did say it Hammer

Some Thais and even Colombians look just like a Haze you would not be able to pick a Haze from a line up.

They all need the same in veg flowering is were it gets different.

Growing plants in the ground is very different to growing plants in a pot or in hydro.

LOL, We all know you read what you want to read. You are the only person that cant converse well. WTF do you even care that I think Haze is a different genotype within Sat genetics? It's my opinion you don't have to agree.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
LOL, We all know you read what you want to read. You are the only person that cant converse well. WTF do you even care that I think Haze is a different genotype. It's my opinion you don't have to agree.

Dont be a smart ass Hammer i can read fine your the one that needs to climb down from the high horse you seem to be riding in on.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dont be a smart ass Hammer i can read fine your the one that needs to climb down from the high horse you seem to be riding in on.
Where is this high horse ?. Posting opinions is what this place is for buddy. Every damn day you are difficult with everything posted. You love the drama you create.

Here's 1 of the HYbrids in flower now. She's doing fine. This pot might be too small. The Hazes got root bound bad in these.
THH x A5 hazebx x Mac.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1927.JPG Views:	1 Size:	216.1 KB ID:	18016063
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1926.JPG Views:	1 Size:	242.0 KB ID:	18016064

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I dont see flowers on those plants Hammer and insulting people is not welcome in my thread.

How are the Haze plants or did you cull them ?.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As I said you read what you want to read regardless of what is posted. I took OJD and a few other's advice. If your plants are not showing any sign of quality at 140 days no additional time will fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.