What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

regseeds

..its the mother of holy grail....shanti says the mother to holy grail is nh x ac...with the father being hazeC....but I know hazeC well an that plant is definitely nh x hazeC......

Anybody who has been around long enough will know the only problem with MR Nice is trying to get clear descriptions of which parental plants are used

If you want to ascertain (P1)s Look elsewhere. Nev never messed anybody around when asking for the details of stock.

I never understood this strategy from Shanti. I would read all his descriptions with a pinch of salt, sad because he seems a nice enough chap

RingtailCanyon

Also here are the terp profiles for 3 of the piff clones. Couple interesting things ocimene is at .09 for all 3. Ocimene is a phermone, stimulant, and decongestant it literally makes you cough. But most interesting is cuban black. Contains 03 guiaol which has been linked to pre soviet afghan types but also korean japan and n China blh/nld. Cbh also has very little carolyphene which is unusual. Guiaol is also present in Palo Santa, medical plant from Santo Domingo Dr. Seems like a big coincidence since doninicans held tge cut

do you think it is the ocimene that accounts for the frankincense smoke?

TheDarkStorm

Also here are the terp profiles for 3 of the piff clones. Couple interesting things ocimene is at .09 for all 3. Ocimene is a phermone, stimulant, and decongestant it literally makes you cough. But most interesting is cuban black. Contains 03 guiaol which has been linked to pre soviet afghan types but also korean japan and n China blh/nld. Cbh also has very little carolyphene which is unusual. Guiaol is also present in Palo Santa, medical plant from Santo Domingo Dr. Seems like a big coincidence since doninicans held tge cut

Are these results from the f1 clones or futher generations.....it would be hard matching things like that from hybrids to specific landraces....plus there might be landrace that dont exist no more so we might be looking at other things that are similar matchs from whats around that may not necessarily be in the makeup.
wouldnt it also be the case that different phenotypes of a strain may show differences in some terps an ratios to other phenotypes?
Im not too clued up on terp profiles so dont really know much about how they use them as such

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I never understood this strategy from Shanti. I would read all his descriptions with a pinch of salt, sad because he seems a nice enough chap

I've had the pleasure of chatting with Shanti many times, last time at spannabis 2019, it's hard to believe it's the same person who writes on the forums ... (but it's him, obviously)
I believe that among the many reasons there is the attempt not to be copied ... (as well as trying to make the products "attractive" from a commercial point of view)

regseeds

I've had the pleasure of chatting with Shanti dive times, last time at spannabis 2019, it's hard to believe it's the same person who writes on the forums ... (but it's him, obviously)
I believe that among the many reasons there is the attempt not to be copied ... (as well as trying to make the products "attractive" from a commercial point of view)

No doubt. Very decent person

Not wanting to be copied when 90% of your offering is NL, Haze & Skunk is like saying you don't want to get wet during a monsoon. Today nobody grows the stuff. However, during the Amsterdam period. This is all there was

In general, I think the unwritten rule should be accurate strain descriptions.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
No doubt. Very decent person

Not wanting to be copied when 90% of your offering is NL, Haze & Skunk is like saying you don't want to get wet during a monsoon. Today nobody grows the stuff. However, during the Amsterdam period. This is all there was

In general, I think the unwritten rule should be accurate strain descriptions.

*the monsoon LOL

That's a mentality created in the 90s, when the Dutch scene was fierce, in fact varieties like Jack Herer, Kali Mist and others have very vague descriptions of the lineage (if not entirely wrong)

regseeds

*the monsoon LOL

That's a mentality created in the 90s, when the Dutch scene was fierce, in fact varieties like Jack Herer, Kali Mist and others have very vague descriptions of the lineage (if not entirely wrong)

Agreed, I understand the sentiment and changing the name/s i.e "black widow" he lived through his creation being hacked over 200 times commercially and could do nothing about it.

Without the P1s, what difference would it make to know the accurate lineage?

I lobby for correct strain descriptions that is all.

Last edited:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
You can forget it, every time someone complained about this problem nothing has ever changed ... Observe, reason and draw conclusions, you can't do anything else ....
​​​​​​
This is original haze A male, but don't tell it to some fanboys(@ fanboyz:this is just a joke, the haze A is dead a lot of years ago)
IMG_20200922_111153.jpg

TheDarkStorm

Never said i would be buying it. These days im a bargain shopper😂. New strains like that seem to go for more than im willing to pay. I will probably end up with different lines afgan haze, skunk haze, those seem to be more in my price range on auction. But who knows maybe i will get lucky on a holy grail auction.

Still worth getting if you can get it....I think if people dont get to hung up an go deep into the legends an myths an details surrounding some of the things an you just grow them out there are good things there. Skunk haze is supposed to be really good if you can grab that...one of my mates said he's been growing Afghan haze for about 8 years. He had a really nice afghan haze cutting for abit had a sort of almost lavender taste to it old school type....seems to be very underated... good luck on collection quest.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Growing reg hybrids with haze hybrids isn't working well for me. These varieties require different growing methods to achieve their best. I have some HK x THH testers starting, that will let me know if I should put the time into doing a tent for Hazes. I do have another 4x8 tent still in the box. I'll def have a height issue.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Growing reg hybrids with haze hybrids isn't working well for me. These varieties require different growing methods to achieve their best. I have some HK x THH testers starting, that will let me know if I should put the time into doing a tent for Hazes. I do have another 4x8 tent still in the box. I'll def have a height issue.

I grow sativas and can grow any other line with them but you need to have space.

If you dont have the space and your using a tent then my advice is run clones and put them into flower sooner with little or no real veg after they root use the time they take to sex as the veg period.

Like i posted before Sativas dont act or feed like most other strains.

SativaScience

Still worth getting if you can get it....I think if people dont get to hung up an go deep into the legends an myths an details surrounding some of the things an you just grow them out there are good things there. Skunk haze is supposed to be really good if you can grab that...one of my mates said he's been growing Afghan haze for about 8 years. He had a really nice afghan haze cutting for abit had a sort of almost lavender taste to it old school type....seems to be very underated... good luck on collection quest.

Afghan haze and skunk haze are 2 i have wanted for awhile just never got to them. Hell i have tried all the other skunkhaze hybrids might as well try shantis. 😂
I want to try the grail and some others but like i said im a cheapskate so will have to be patient or get lucky.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
From what little I remember, sensi had no business in Switzerland ... Dutch passion and someone else did, but not sensi (obviously I'm not sure about this, I speak for what I know)...

As far as I know most of the seed industry at that point had outsourced their seed production to guys in switzerland like breeder steve etc? Sensi's stuff was the same for years, then swiss raids, then stuff was never the same...I dont think they were keeping parent lines at the castle at that stage...

JohnnyChicago

Just so you know.. Skunkman also says nevil made jack......Diesel existed in Holland.....iv been wanting to ask Yo Sammy about this....some of the guys probably arnt old enough to know..but around 1998-2002 there was a strain going around coming out of Holland...but too me looking back it may have actually been made with the more sativa a5 clone(not current cutting) ...nevil may have just heard though the grape vine of a 5haze cut going round as diesel (or red diesil )an assumed it to be the c5.....I was wondering if you know of this Yo Sammy....it was a mass of basically red hair pure leather and red diesil smelling...very sativa in effect....to me im sure it was the diesil a5 put to some other sativa.

I am not Sammy, but I can confirm there was that Diesel around.
But I have myself alwys considered it HazeC. And similar to the SSH cupwinner.
And Nevil seems to have thought the same, when I read his posts, that Diesel was 2x HazeC. No HazeA.
But very interesting in your post for me is the wine/grape description for the A5. That I am using myself to describe another cultivar that is from Nevil too, but is 100% no Haze.

Regarding the OHs and the ressemblances you guys are noticing:

It is normal that A5 crosses and my "Haze i" male progeny do share some similarities as they are both derived from incense OH lines. As that is what I looked and bred for in the OH; the A terps I love from my youth. (in addition to the pepper terps with their anti-depressant high)
Green OTH is different. More comparable to Haze19 and enough hazy to get considered Haze by me. I do even use it for breeding...
But they are very different in terms of high, but also growing structure and flowering times, compared to incense or pepperHazes.. Quicker, not as clear, not as deep, but very cerebral and energetic. Tom Hills posts are interesting on the subject...

Regarding SamS old greenhouse OHs. I can confirm the non fasciated one from SamS does look like Mac's and Star Crashs predators.
While SamS fasciated OH, had a very similar flowering structure to the non fasciated OH mother used in Star Crash line. (see below)
Basically that pic is showing why Star's OH is performing that great.
Thanks for sharing and discussing it again.

Also a special thank to star crash for growing and documenting the the Haze like hs is doing.
And Koondense I guess no need to wish a hazy christmas to you. :)

Attachments

• photo1515273.jpg
    photo1515273.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 19

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2095356.jpg Views:	3 Size:	59.9 KB ID:	18015384
I am not Sammy, but I can confirm there was that Diesel around.
But I have myself alwys considered it HazeC. And similar to the SSH cupwinner.
And Nevil seems to have thought the same, when I read his posts, that Diesel was 2x HazeC. No HazeA.
But very interesting in your post for me is the wine/grape description for the A5. That I am using myself to describe another cultivar that is from Nevil too, but is 100% no Haze.

Regarding the OHs and the ressemblances you guys are noticing:

It is normal that A5 crosses and my "Haze i" male progeny do share some similarities as they are both derived from incense OH lines. As that is what I looked and bred for in the OH; the A terps I love from my youth. (in addition to the pepper terps with their anti-depressant high)
Green OTH is different. More comparable to Haze19 and enough hazy to get considered Haze by me. I do even use it for breeding...
But they are very different in terms of high, but also growing structure and flowering times, compared to incense or pepperHazes.. Quicker, not as clear, not as deep, but very cerebral and energetic. Tom Hills posts are interesting on the subject...

Regarding SamS old greenhouse OHs. I can confirm the non fasciated one from SamS does look like Mac's and Star Crashs predators.
While SamS fasciated OH, had a very similar flowering structure to the non fasciated OH mother used in Star Crash line. (see below)
Basically that pic is showing why Star's OH is performing that great.
Thanks for sharing and discussing it again.

Also a special thank to star crash for growing and documenting the the Haze like hs is doing.
And Koondense I guess no need to wish a hazy christmas to you. :)

So A5 haze is 2xhazeC ?

Anyway about Sensi's...in less then 96h.... 100% germ rate.... 50/50

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
I smoked both cuts A5 and C5....I found out that both arent anything special and wonder why somone keept those cut for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.