What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The idea that an individual breeder could protect their lines forever is farcicle. Eventually the big canna you deride will adopt the techniques of a monsanto and figure out how to recreate the same strain or better through selective breeding and back crossing based in genetic sequencing and predictive algorithims. It is 100% possible for them to buy up f1 seed stock and select back to a suitable set of p1s capable of producing the same f1. Keeping the p1s held in a tight circle provides no protection for this.

I would rather see the legacy breeders banding together to form a nonprofit focused on preservation and sharing, building a seed bank and copywrighting before the big corps do.

Right now we have infighting and obfusciation of lineage to prevent other little fish from "cashing in on their work", breeders need to think beyond individual seed houses before it is too late.

Firstly commercial breeders sell and make hybrids and to make set hybrids you need the parent plants to make a set hybrid or poly hybrid and with out them you cant replicate the F1s try as you may.

Seed breeders sell seed placing patents costs money large amounts of money and putting patents on your seed makes it no better than big cannabis doing it.

Preservation is about protecting and reproducing genetics and i link that to land races or heirloom genetics not commercial genetics.

Commercial genetics are very different to land races or heirloom lines.

If a person likes a particular commercial line then they should grow out the seed select and make seed and that is what many do.

Most places are not legal to grow cannabis and even if they were you some how expect people to just devote time and money to produce seed so they then share the seed ?.

Making seed is not hard.

romanoweed

The most important one being that asian hemp groups with drug cannabis.

does that mean that people who always call my 13 week flowering vietnamese (called Hoabac - Reeferman) are kind of wrong when they automatically assume it has to be hemp in it? Or is it the other Way, that SE Asian Fatleaved Plants are stemming Afgahni or similar?

Casue i always told fat leaved equatorials doesent automatically mean it is Hemp or forgein (industrial cultivar for clothes) .
I always told it could also be used for allpurpose, or even mainly for its Effects . And used for industrial purposes too, but not necessarly selected for it.

Thats what i always was saying, that if you get offered a fatleaved SE Asain doesent mean it contains hemp or forgein genetics.
Anyway. More love for the fatleaved but trippy SE Asians !!

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here’s a Crazy SE Asian Lady:biggrin:
20211217_185605.jpg

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Industrial hemp was the result of prohibition and was breed in Europe and all variety's are Patented.

The English called Indian drug cannabis variety's Hemp some interesting reading in this- The Indian Hemp Drugs Commission, 1894-1895

https://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/effects.htm

In the last few years there is a big effort in developing non drug variety's of industrial hemp for the tropics as currently there is non.

A sativa can be used for medical / seed/ oil/ fiber/ and for recreational use.

Also drug strains produce more seed more oil than that of the low THC variety's per plant.

romanoweed

yeah HEMPY , but now we are dilluting my question a bit..

The point is, also Non-western-world Hemp can be weak, or pretty weak. Acording the scientists as soon as you start breeding thoward industrial Traits such as robustness only, unreagrded anything other, as soon it STILL will be bad Marihuana.. thats true for the western hemp aswell any other industrial-selected Cultivar

So back to the question: was my SE Asian broadleaf plant selected for industrial traits. is it hemp?

As you probably know, even the by-products of all cannabis/hemp, can be used to make Ethenol and other chemicals. Doesnt matter if its being grown for thc, cbd, seeds, fibre or oil, it can all be turned into Ethenol. Its crazy that as a society we're not using it for absolutely everything.
Everything in nature is in a symbiosis with something else. Cannabis has evolved to be in symbiosis with us. (The endocanabinoid system came first, before the plant). If you imagine bee colony that had ignored its natural food source and instead ate only processed sugar, and how f*cked that colony would look, its kinda lile looking at our current society.

Piff_cat

I agree hempy maybe I wrote tgat wrong what ghs has is an f1 clone they sell s1 fem seeds of. But that clone uses a different a5 mother then mns . Much more haze dominate then shanti selection. I'm sure u remember for grail nev specifically wanted oldest 5ac shanti had. He rejected tge first batch and told Kanga they were f2. There's a whole period in deleted grail where they are "waiting for f1 nh" that won't be "sweet". It is that progeny that's showing different enzymes. Each one of those hybrids hold it check the list

Piff_cat

These are from grow diaries ghs nev haze check these beauties! Def some wld influence from s1 not f1 but looks like a5 on seedbank mag! Here's tge link for all pics if you wana check hempy. I love your thread and passion for nevs haze
haze rules!

Attachments

• photo2096059.jpg
    photo2096059.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 12
  • photo2096060.jpg
    photo2096060.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 13
  • photo2096061.jpg
    photo2096061.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 20
  • photo2096062.jpg
    photo2096062.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 13

romanoweed

disagree, you cant use hemp for tripping hard, but good.
Thats why people tell me and my fatleaved SEAsian "your SE Asian is Hemp " . Thats their point, they wanna tell me its "NOT AS GOOD".

From pure extracted Thc I can only badtrip
So, again and again,

"Kaneh Bosm"
It was used for seed, textiles and even in the incense Moses would burn and inhale before entering the tabernacle to commune with God. Its written throught the old hebrew testament.

romanoweed

sorry to disagree, i have never heard in my live of any Hemp that makes you trip as intensly as equatorial SE Asian Drugcultivars (medicine cultivars) .

Yeah, i think Moses could walk over water, without any hemp. Funnyerwise you can read such words all over the papyrus`s, without people taking anything. lol

I think we probably by now forgt my question,

harvestreaper

Veteran
Industrial hemp was the result of prohibition and was breed in Europe and all variety's are Patented.

The English called Indian drug cannabis variety's Hemp some interesting reading in this- The Indian Hemp Drugs Commission, 1894-1895

https://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/effects.htm

In the last few years there is a big effort in developing non drug variety's of industrial hemp for the tropics as currently there is non.

A sativa can be used for medical / seed/ oil/ fiber/ and for recreational use.

Also drug strains produce more seed more oil than that of the low THC variety's per plant.

good point well made people seem to forget in history hemp was the name for the indian drug ganja ,,,heard it said names like hampshire in england are named after hemp as to the amount grown in the area with the e changed to a overtime ,, dont know how true that is tho

harvestreaper

Veteran
"Kaneh Bosm"
It was used for seed, textiles and even in the incense Moses would burn and inhale before entering the tabernacle to commune with God. Its written throught the old hebrew testament.

always regarded the herb as the plant of truth myself ,,compare it to other substances,that create bullshit in us ,,,take lsd you see things that aint there,,take coke you think you cooler sexier than you really are ,,take xtc you hug people you hate ,,take heroin you ly back smiling with the warmth of the sun on your face as a rat eats your toes off ,, but the blesed herb creates only truth in us https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLSpUlPBKic

TheDarkStorm

These are from grow diaries ghs nev haze check these beauties! Def some wld influence from s1 not f1 but looks like a5 on seedbank mag! Here's tge link for all pics if you wana check hempy. I love your thread and passion for nevs haze
haze rules!

I dont think ghs has their old school nevils haze cutting, I think they lost that ages ago. What ever they sell now is far from a straight s1. Im pretty sure at one time they also sold nevils haze x thai as nevils haze.
​​​​​​ too. Nevil himself made about 10 different versions of nevils haze using different f1 parents for each one, and made afew feminised versions too....none of them look like anything coming from any commercial seed sold in the last 20 years.

romanoweed

i would be interested mixing my best sativas with some of those soft psycotropic plants. like blue lotus, and call it haze then?

Or mix it with a breeze of pepper, its said to stop panic and fear..

would it give you like a hybrid high? interesting experiment with a pure landrace
And its partly cause i too heard that moses vaporized some weed.. probably they found the perfect combination that would heal the blind and so forth

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I dont think ghs has their old school nevils haze cutting, I think they lost that ages ago. What ever they sell now is far from a straight s1. Im pretty sure at one time they also sold nevils haze x thai as nevils haze.
​​​​​​ too. Nevil himself made about 10 different versions of nevils haze using different f1 parents for each one, and made afew feminised versions too....none of them look like anything coming from any commercial seed sold in the last 20 years.

Like i said Mr Haze who was a seed retailer for MrNice seed in Amsterdam publicly posted and admitted he sold Arjan/ Franco F1 seed.

Nevil told me GHS never had any of his parent lines all they ever got was F1 seed on consignment.

ramse

does that mean that people who always call my 13 week flowering vietnamese (called Hoabac - Reeferman) are kind of wrong when they automatically assume it has to be hemp in it? Or is it the other Way, that SE Asian Fatleaved Plants are stemming Afgahni or similar?

Casue i always told fat leaved equatorials doesent automatically mean it is Hemp or forgein (industrial cultivar for clothes) .
I always told it could also be used for allpurpose, or even mainly for its Effects . And used for industrial purposes too, but not necessarly selected for it.

Thats what i always was saying, that if you get offered a fatleaved SE Asain doesent mean it contains hemp or forgein genetics.
Anyway. More love for the fatleaved but trippy SE Asians !!

Interesting article:

Cannabis: the plant, its evolution, and its genetics—with an emphasis on Italy
J. McPartland

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs12210-020-00962-2

[url]https://doi.org/10.1007/s12210-020-00962-2

https://sci-hub.st/

For the uninitiated ... copy the doi and paste it into the sci-hub to download the article[/URL]

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Nevil told me GHS never had any of his parent lines all they ever got was F1 seed on consignment.

Exactly who was Nevil working for when he told you this?

TheDarkStorm Some time ago there were several rumors that arijan was selling G13 hz as Nev. Hz ... knowing him, he might as well ... I actually raised their Nevil haze, mns Nevil haze and this year an old Nevil haze line taken in Amsterdam at the end of 2004, well I think I guess for myself which of the two versions looks like (rather, it is identical) to the old line....
I don't think they're using an old Nevil clone, but they sure can get their hands on important stuff ...

Fuck, you make me say nice things about ghs, how disgusting ....

If people stopped putting breeders on the altars, but looked at them as human beings (with a thousand qualities, great friends, excellent husbands, exceptional fathers, but still human beings) many things would be clearer, and simpler ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts