What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Dank Chamber - (Outdoor and Indoor Grows)

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I don't have any bud pictures for you. I don't live in a legal/medical state so it is still criminal. Very unfortunate really. Keep up the good work. I'll be watching this thread for sure.

-Funk

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
I have to disagree with the smart pot higher yield claim
Ive ran several, not a couple, several grows where half the room was smart pot and the rest was plastic pots and a couple runs all plastic pot vs all fabric pot and my half n half totals were basically identical and my average per light remained exactly the same with all fabric vs all plastic. The only differance i noticed is the smart pots dry out faster, and cost more money and need replaced
They are great for flood n drain though
Ive also never had to green at from ffof. If they are still green at the end its cuz there was to much N being fed during the grow. The soils nutrients are depleted after maybe 3 weeks at most without adding food to the solution. I bet every strain i run shows deficiency in N at the 3 week mark in straight ffof with water only.
I always recommend mixing happyfrog and ffof for an even better soil composition though has a lil more variety to offer the gals

Thats my 2 cents

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I have to disagree with the smart pot higher yield claim
Ive ran several, not a couple, several grows where half the room was smart pot and the rest was plastic pots and a couple runs all plastic pot vs all fabric pot and my half n half totals were basically identical and my average per light remained exactly the same with all fabric vs all plastic. The only differance i noticed is the smart pots dry out faster, and cost more money and need replaced
They are great for flood n drain though
Ive also never had to green at from ffof. If they are still green at the end its cuz there was to much N being fed during the grow. The soils nutrients are depleted after maybe 3 weeks at most without adding food to the solution. I bet every strain i run shows deficiency in N at the 3 week mark in straight ffof with water only.
I always recommend mixing happyfrog and ffof for an even better soil composition though has a lil more variety to offer the gals

Thats my 2 cents

Good to know! I get kind of attached to my plastic pots. After a while those pots held many special girls :)

I rotate in between grow bags, plastic pots, and smart pots. I do like each for differing situations.

I've seen both kinds of foxfarm soils produce some dank especially in conjunction with added nutrients

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Some week 7 pics:

Indiana bubblegum:
picture.php

Mick Jagger #22:
picture.php

Candy land:
picture.php
picture.php

Killer kush #1:
picture.php

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Some of the buds on both the mick Jagger strains are visibly forming seeds. Unfortunately it looks like hermying since I didn't pollinate those ones. I don't see any pollen sacks on em. None of the other plants unpollinated buds are noticeably hermying. I'm not completely surprised about the mick Jaggers since they came from bag seed.

Last summer I grew about 42 bag seeds outdoors and had only 4 males and no Hermie's. Now indoors the same bag seed plants that did well outdoors are hermying indoors. I'm thinking it has something to do with the light spectrum.

Anyone else dealt with this? I'm gonna grow a clone of these mick Jaggers outdoor again this year and see if it Hermie's. If it doesn't hermy it might just be an outdoor strain.

As far as the pollinated branches go, I'm not sure if the pollen took or not yet. Have a look:

Seeded mick Jagger #29:
picture.php

Pollinated mick Jagger #22:
picture.php

Pollinated killer kush:
picture.php

Pollinated gg4:
picture.php

Pollinated bb3:
picture.php

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
if you dont see the seeds by now like in the Jagger #29 pic... then it didnt work..
they should be visible now as they should be done in 2 weeks ruffly

R

Robrites

When I add pollen, the white hairs start to die almost immediately. (as in a few days)

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
if you dont see the seeds by now like in the Jagger #29 pic... then it didnt work..
they should be visible now as they should be done in 2 weeks ruffly

Sometimes I find them in the calyxes just under the buds. I'll be searching around for them.

When I add pollen, the white hairs start to die almost immediately. (as in a few days)

That happened to the pollinated buds. So there is a chance there are seeds in there.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Week 8 is in the books folks. I'm taking them all one more week too :D

Here are some shots:

Candy land:
picture.php
picture.php

Indiana bubblegum:
picture.php
picture.php