What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Dank Chamber - (Outdoor and Indoor Grows)

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I haven't been able to find my polarized lenses for my camera and thus haven't been happy with the shots lately. Anyway, here they are....

The garden:

This is what some buds look like near the beginning of week 3...mick Jagger #29:
picture.php

Most of the buds have long pistols like that. The mick Jagger #22 is the only one with a tighter bud formation like this:
picture.php

I like the bud to leaf ratio very much on the mj#22.

On another note I have noticed a bit of leaf damage from using green cleaner. Its probably from not leaving them in the dark after spraying. I only wait about 20 minutes then turn the lights back on. Other then that they seem healthy :)

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I pollinated my girls today. I was able to divide up some of the pollen and use it on multiple plants. The following were pollinated today:

mick jagger #22 - sour bubble - og/aff - pdd - ASD - alien gift - ss1-99
mick jagger #29
gorilla glue - sour bubble - og/aff - pdd - ASD - alien gift - ss1-99
bruce banner - sour bubble - qrazy train
candyland
indiana bubblegum - 3d
Killer Kush #1 - sour bubble - 3d
Killer Kush #2

I used the bag method since I have had success with it in the past making an obama x candyland cross. I took each plant out of the grow room individually and pollinated it by sticking a cola in a zip lock baggy and zipping it back up to the stem. Then I proceeded to shake the pollen onto the buds.

I used a 1:4 dilution of 3% hydrogen peroxide solution to spray on the plants to try and keep from pollinating the other buds on accident. I only spray after I pollinated and as I removed the buds from the bag. I left the bag over the buds for about 10-15 mins each. Thats all it took when I did this before and it worked. The fans were off the whole time.

Notice some of the leafs are kinda messed up from using that green cleaner. I was using it every other day for the last 3 weeks to make sure no mites were creeping around. Now im going to cut back to once a week for a while since I dont see any. The girls are still perky and healthy though. Hopefully there wont be any major negative affects.

picture.php

Last edited:

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I popped some seeds for this outdoor season. I crossed my two best outdoor varieties together last year. They are a Obama kush x Mickey kush. I used the mickey for males.

No runts in this batch of seeds. All 8 out of 8 popped and seem vigerous. They seem similar but the Obama and Mickey are totally different kinds of herbs. Obama is purple weed and Mickey is orange weed. I hope for some obama phenos and jack the ripper smelling phenos from the Micky.

I plan on keeping the males from these seeds and using them for an open pollination project in may/June/July if everything works out. I'm gonna try and keep a decent seed stock since it can be challenging to find good outdoor strains at my lat. I'll cross the males to theirself for f2s and my other good outdoor varieties that I have as well like the mick Jagger, killer kush fast version, guerilla gold, guerilla kush, and my other mickey crosses like g13 x mickey kush and early skunk x Mk.

picture.php

Last edited:

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Some photos of the girls bud development after 3 weeks.

Candyland:
picture.php

Indiana bubblegum:
picture.php

Mick Jagger #22:
picture.php

Killer kush #1:
picture.php

Gorilla glue #4:
picture.php

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Killer kush #2:
picture.php

Mick Jagger #29:
picture.php

Bruce banner #3:
picture.php

The pollen burned the pistols on the pollinated buds as you can see here on the indiana bubblegum:
picture.php

lotus710

subbed! im exctied to see this run forsure! how do you go about keeping your male alive for pollen inside without messing up everything else? im exctied to see this run forsure!

much love
lotus

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
subbed! im exctied to see this run forsure! how do you go about keeping your male alive for pollen inside without messing up everything else? im exctied to see this run forsure!

much love
lotus

Right on bro. No males here. I had the pollen in some sachels from previous males :)

I wanna do an open pollination soon though so I can collect more pollen. My buddy hooked me up with most of those varieties.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I've been helping a buddy with his medical grow. Its his first indoor grow. Next grow were gonna add a trellis and some other things to dial in the room. He's been using bio bizz in foxfarm soil with platinum LEDs. Were running some coco in the next run and might switch over to all coco in the future.

The grow room:

818 headband:
picture.php

J1:
picture.php

White fire og:
picture.php

Chemdawg:
picture.php

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
All the clones came from the progressive collective in Portland, Oregon.

White widow 2 shots:
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Yeah that white widow is the purps!

On another note, something amazing happened the other day.... So I popped and sexed some seeds a couple months back of my mickey kush crosses. I flowered the crosses for a week to sex them and while weeding out the males I kept one Obama x mickey kush. I put them all back in veg but they still matured in flowering for a bit while revegging. So I let the male dust them all :)

Now the crosses are revegged but as I was cleaning off the scruff from flowering I found fully mature seeds!! This is the second time I've done this. The first time on accident. But now I think I'm going to start doing this regularly for seeds. Its much easier than an open pollination project. If the seeds are no good I won't keep doing it...lol. The seeds look primo though.

Anyone else done this or know of any benefits or drawbacks of this pollination technique?

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
yeah was going to say, no way can that be WW.. that pic looks very alike the PDD..
the technique you mention works well, its exactly how i manage to get through high plant #´s and make small pollinations to "test" new crosses.. its easy.. saves time and you get enough seeds to check out a potentialy good cross.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
The buds are doing alright man but not as good as they could be I feel. They are frosty but I'm not sure the yield will be that great. I think I should of vegged them longer. I had to get a round off before I start getting my outdoor ready in march though. I had too many projects pheno hunting last year which really kept delaying everything. This year should be much melloer. Have a look at the girls two days ago starting week 6.

Candy land:
picture.php

Indiana bubblegum:
picture.php

Mick Jagger #22:
picture.php

Killer kush:
picture.php

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
That green cleaner product really yellowed out these girls. I'm not sure exactly what response the plants had is called. Anybody have any ideas? It seems to of cleared any mites out though.

Gorilla glue #4:
picture.php

Killer kush:
picture.php

Mick Jagger #29:
picture.php

Bruce banner #3:
picture.php

R

Robrites

Good on the mites. Did you spray with the lights on? With some products, that is a no no.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Very nice garden you've got going. I only have two suggestions for you.

First thing is to start using fabric containers or Air-pots. You will have faster growth and better yields.

Second thing is have you considered switching from FF Ocean Forest to FF Happy Frog? I think Ocean Forest is great soil, but results have favored the Happy Frog for me. Even for hungry strains the OF has too much nitrogen. At 60 days the plants should not be as dark green as OF will make them. I notice plants in HF begin yellowing a bit faster than in OF and in the end yield higher. I'm also a big fan of Dr. Earth's POTting soil for the same reason. It has a consistency like OF but less fluffly, probably more compost.

FYI for ferts/supplements I use in tap water left out 24-48 hrs:

Botanicare PBP grow (3-2-5) and bloom for soil (1-4-5)
Botanicare Cal-Mag (2-0-0)
Jamaican bat guano (0-7-0
Sometimes top dress with Roots Organics Uprising: Foundation, Elemental, Grow, Bloom. Slow release is great.

Best of luck to you. I hope your breeding project is successful.

-Funk

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Very nice garden you've got going. I only have two suggestions for you.

First thing is to start using fabric containers or Air-pots. You will have faster growth and better yields.

Second thing is have you considered switching from FF Ocean Forest to FF Happy Frog? I think Ocean Forest is great soil, but results have favored the Happy Frog for me. Even for hungry strains the OF has too much nitrogen. At 60 days the plants should not be as dark green as OF will make them. I notice plants in HF begin yellowing a bit faster than in OF and in the end yield higher. I'm also a big fan of Dr. Earth's POTting soil for the same reason. It has a consistency like OF but less fluffly, probably more compost.

FYI for ferts/supplements I use in tap water left out 24-48 hrs:

Botanicare PBP grow (3-2-5) and bloom for soil (1-4-5)
Botanicare Cal-Mag (2-0-0)
Jamaican bat guano (0-7-0
Sometimes top dress with Roots Organics Uprising: Foundation, Elemental, Grow, Bloom. Slow release is great.

Best of luck to you. I hope your breeding project is successful.

-Funk

Sure, I do use fabric pots and have some 7 galloners on deck to get my outdoor girls going in. I should start using them more! I might set up a flood and drain setup this year so those might be good for that too.

I use happy frog sometimes too. I switch them around from time to time depending on my needs. I use happy frog when I want quicker plant growth.

I've been using rain water this entire grow.

Have any bud pics?

Thanks for the info and kind wishes!