What's new

The Chem family

Hip Cat

Am finding out that the cut have been gifted by those in close , maybe the StarDog & not the diesel hoped for . Shes a beauty to grow either way & as deep in the "Funk" as is the truest ChemD . Stanky ...with lots of ---->junk in the trunk , he

A hint of sour to her & bomb aroma in the bag ... one day in the bag fully dry after trim, she sticks together so badly (good!) comes out in one piece! Can throw an elbo cross the room like a football !!! Haha

*When shes barely 3 weeks into flower , can u say:
"Sticky" fingers ? ! :)

She might be the stardawg , great procucer like the C4 but far greater appeal ,
loved whatever table she lands on , liking this one & gifted from JB aka "Wonkenobe" ...

picture.php
Great score! That's JJ's real deal, personal Star Dawg cut gifted to JB. Also known as the "Corey Haime" in NYC. Star Dawg kicks ass!

wonkanaobe

Great score! That's JJ's real deal, personal Star Dawg cut gifted to JB. Also known as the "Corey Haime" in NYC. Star Dawg kicks ass!

IS THAT THE SAME AS THE GUAVA star dawg cut????

Just cracked my last 9 beans of star dawg and 1 seed of double underdawg .

they all pushed and are vegging

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
IS THAT THE SAME AS THE GUAVA star dawg cut????

Just cracked my last 9 beans of star dawg and 1 seed of double underdawg .

they all pushed and are vegging

Save me a male /poppa , please ....

BTW , here's CrazyComposer's latest/recent test grow of Rez SD which he believes the true
character of SourD has been caught in seed form by he
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=182371

He States :

" Impressed, I am, by how close a representation of the original Sour Diesel mom these IBLs are. Rez did it! He captured the legendary Sour Diesel in seed form! I no longer have any doubt about it."

* In Cali now , SourD is King, literally outselling everything else 20-1....the footprint of the east coast in its demand for this strain is beyond phenominal . Yet haven't seen one person in love with SD not like the StarDog either ! ;)

PS: Also , here's link to that epic / soon to be legendary OD grow by HumbT & GanjaD
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=164917&page=69https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=164917&page=66

Leon Brooks

heres something i found on the net that just happens to do with this thread.

im not familiar with the history of the chem family so i dont know how accurate this is(if at all), but i find it interesting.

i have posted this up once before in another thread but i dont remember where.

F

FreshGenetics

Nevil said:
Either Sensi directors authorised the release of the plant produced from a mating I had made prior to ending up in jail in 1990, or a person in a position of trust made private arrangements. The mating was NL5xHzC X SK1xHzC.
Sensi won a cup with this cutting. It was called "Jack Herer". The J.H. line of seeds had this plant as a mother.
Green House also won with this plant at the Cups. It was called Super Silver Haze. As GH never had this cutting, who knows what they are calling SSH.
In the '90s, a variety known as Diesel was making a name for itself. When I smoked it I knew instantly that this was exactly the same plant and they had a cutting. The early Diesel line of seeds would also have used this plant as a mother.
All 3 lines were made with different fathers at least and this was 20 years ago. One would assume that successive generations would all go in their own unique directions, presumably giving rise to any distinct differences today. The names have remained the same and all 3 lines gained their credibility from the exceptional qualities of the original cutting NL5HzC x SK1HzC.
N.

Nev explained himself.

wonkanaobe

heres something i found on the net that just happens to do with this thread.

im not familiar with the history of the chem family so i dont know how accurate this is(if at all), but i find it interesting.

i have posted this up once before in another thread but i dont remember where.

its the real chart. hey do you have the original sweet tooth #3???? I had it when it first came out in 99 or 2000 and loved it.
you dont see it around any more

F

FreshGenetics

Nevil said:
The owner of a seed co. in Amsterdam in the '90s was the first person I knew of who was using the name Diesel and THAT plant was NL5HzCxSK1HzC. What people have been calling Diesel since then, I don't know anything about. If you want to know who that was, do your homework.

"diesel aka chemdawg" It's your assumption that Chemdawg is Diesel, not mine.

People lie about ancestries re-name plants and steal names and you want me to account for this?
I don't think that I could have been clearer about what I believe. If it doesn't coincide with what others are saying, maybe we are talking about different plants/lines, but I know what I know and you can choose to believe what you want.

My guess is that some one with a vested interest (not me) is upset that their version of events (usually a lie to support their inflated ego's) is contradicted by my statements. I have no idea who and I don't care.

I have worked with this cutting extensively. I have passed on to SB the genetics and information I had on how to get the most out of this line. My bet is that what he has given you will shit all over anyone elses work. Be your own judge.
N.

Last bit o' information.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
its the real chart. hey do you have the original sweet tooth #3???? I had it when it first came out in 99 or 2000 and loved it.

I must have found real good Pheno of SweetTooth #3, She Jockies for second place with a Orange Crush/Salmon Creek mix.
Headrushes to Hell, and a Sweet smooth mixed Citrus Flavor.
I dont know about these charts..
Good Weed is like Love, Its where You find it!
DP

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Save me a male /poppa , please ....

BTW , here's CrazyComposer's latest/recent test grow of Rez SD which he believes the true
character of SourD has been caught in seed form by he
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=182371

He States :

" Impressed, I am, by how close a representation of the original Sour Diesel mom these IBLs are. Rez did it! He captured the legendary Sour Diesel in seed form! I no longer have any doubt about it."

* In Cali now , SourD is King, literally outselling everything else 20-1....the footprint of the east coast in its demand for this strain is beyond phenominal . Yet haven't seen one person in love with SD not like the StarDog either ! ;)

PS: Also , here's link to that epic / soon to be legendary OD grow by HumbT & GanjaD
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=164917&page=69https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=164917&page=66

It looks close , that kinda looks like RKS more thow in my limited opinion
i have a 1999 Sour D cut and a RKS
SourD
picture.php

RKS
picture.php

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran

im still confused =)

You named it Chem with Pbud and did you nick name your buddy Chemdawg too at the same show? And did CD give it to JJ? Is JJ the only one reworking it? Out of your Crew?

And if thats the real chart ... is it accurate?
OG = C91 / Lemon Thai / Old World paki ?

Help us sort some things out ...:thank you:

jobo

You guys apparantly didnt read me earlier post so ill repost it.

Again this is not mine, but as far as i remember chemdog himself verified this.

At a Grateful Dead show at Deer Creek Amphitheatre, 'joebrand' (aka 'wonkanobe') and 'pbud' met 'chemdog' and sold him an ounce of very high quality pot for $500. joe and chemdog exchanged numbers and they later arranged for two ounces to be shipped to chemdog on the east coast. According to chemdog, one ounce was seedless and the other had 13 seeds.

In ’91, chemdog popped the first 4 seeds. From these seeds, one male was found and disposed of (chemdog was young, you can’t blame him). The 3 females were labeled ‘chemdawg’ (now ’91 chemdawg), ‘chemdawg a’ (now chemdawg’s sister), and ‘chemdawg b’. In '01, chemdog and his girlfriend attempted to germ 3 more seeds, labeled ‘c’, ‘d’, and ‘e’. the ‘e’ seed never germinated, ‘c’ turned out to be junk (according to chemdog), and chemdawg ‘d’ was the keeper. In '06, 'chemdog' and 'joebrand' reunited and joe was given 4 of the last 6 beans: Chemdawg phenos 1-4, '4' being the chosen keeper. Joe thought the '4' was the best representation of the original and thus dubbed it the 'reunion pheno'. Chemdog still has two seeds left in his stash.

Chemdawg Crosses:
• 'OG Kush' (the original cut) came from an s1 from in a bag of '91 Chemdawg in the Lake Tahoe area in 1996.
• 'Sour Diesel' aka ECSD came from an accidental cross of ('91 Chemdawg x Mass Super Skunk/NL)x DNL after the DNL hermed and seeded the room. The DNL's lineage is NL/Shiva x Hawaiian.
• Original Diesel' (also known as Diesel #1, Headband, Daywrecker Diesel, Underdawg) came from a cross of '91 Chemdawg x (Mass Super Skunk x Sensi's Northern Lights) done by a guy known as ‘weasel’.

• 'chemdog' and friends made several crosses that are held closely by a small group of friends and acquaintances. Among them are:

1. Super Snowdawg (Bubble Chem x [Super skunk x Oregon Sno])
2. Giesel (Chem D x Mass Super Skunk)
3. Bubble Chem (Chemdawg’s Sister x Sag's Bubbleberry)
4. Dawg Daze aka ChemHaze (Chem D x ’93 Sensi's NL#5/Haze)
5. Chemdawg D x Pbud (another old-school Colorado strain)

JJ-NYC has been working on a Chemdawg D-based seed line for several years now. He started by crossing Chemdawg D to Sensi's Afghani after thoroughly testing both Sensi's Afghani and Sensi's Hindu Kush to determine which was more stable and would be better for the initial cross. JJ then did a backcross, known as "Double Dawg." Several phenos of this circulate and several people still have beans. JJ's latest work to the line is a second backcross known as "Tres Dawg" which is just starting to get tested.

Rezdog of Reservoir Seeds recently released several Chemdawg crosses as part of his 'Trinity' charity auctions. The crosses included Chemdawg D x Sensi's Hindu Kush and Snowdawg x Sensi's Hindu Kush, Chemdawg D x Sour Diesel IBL, Snowdawg x Sour Diesel IBL, ChemHaze x Sour Diesel IBL and Giesel x Sour Diesel IBL.

"Original article by: High&Lonesome
Special thanks go to orgogliodiprovi and chemdog who helped me straighten out the story and exact details."

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
You guys apparantly didnt read me earlier post so ill repost it.

Again this is not mine, but as far as i remember chemdog himself verified this.

At a Grateful Dead show at Deer Creek Amphitheatre, 'joebrand' (aka 'wonkanobe') and 'pbud' met 'chemdog' and sold him an ounce of very high quality pot for $500. joe and chemdog exchanged numbers and they later arranged for two ounces to be shipped to chemdog on the east coast. According to chemdog, one ounce was seedless and the other had 13 seeds.

No offence but hat has been read more that a chimpazees butt

Joe Brand named the weed Chemdog? , At the DC Show JB and PB got some "pot" for Chemdawg? <----
wich came first the chicken or the egg get it!

holes in the fable

Rudedewd

Bro, Chemdog was the handle that Chem took when he came on the internet, it wasn't what he called himself at that time. There ain't no chicken and egg thing. He needed a s/n when he joined OG and that was a pretty logical one for him. That was over a decade after they started the original beans so I don't really understand the confusion. The history of chemdog posted above is pretty accurate according to what I've been told by Chem.