What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Chem family

G

guest121295

I lived in Colorado at the same time and $400 an ounce was hardly uncommon, then you throw in a kid driving 100mph to a Dead show in a 90' Pathfinder and you've got your $500...it was still the best $500 he ever spent.:)

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
27 day super snodawg-
picture.php

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Boyoboy, I'd love that White cut. Assuming it is the same as the "Triangle Kush" that Tom Hill smoked me out with. Supposed to be. One of the best smokes/highs I have ever experienced.

The Tk may be rarer a bird to get to light but is about in some trusted hands , the White is no problem given am friends with her poppa & we have her but she is not the TK .

There was a thread started on the TRiangle a few months back
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=157832
& the debates started to rage with one abusive poster losing it so badly to the extent he is now permanently absent from IC Mag ( do hope the door hit him on the way out ) . Sans "marroons" like that fellow blowing themselves up on that thread .... the genetics are to be had no problemo, Nomad (ttyl). These Florida boys had some nice stuff going on & did good down there in Gator land , but are within arm's reach, still now .

Both the White & the TK are definitely in the category of some of the more beautiful smokes around with the TK rivaling some of the elites of the OG . Like hooking up that one special nite with that incredibly beautiful woman u thought u'd never get the chance to caress in your life , lol!
And there she was ....all sparkling champagne.

The debate that was being pushed overzealously was that the TRiangle was the true OGK precursor vs the OG- Chem 91 relationship , of which am still a little in the ambiguous camp on . I have heard some stories here in Nor Cal of some asian connection with the OGK , that it was bred in Nor Cal etc from some cut/beans brought back from oversea, & stood for "Ocean Grown" . I tend to accept the TaHoe version of the S2-S3 Chem 91(?) beans brought out to Cali but in any case do see the close relationship of the plant structure to the HeadBand & ChemD so go with this . That OG is derived from a rare pheno of the original direct Chem91 lineage ...
( Any help here Obie Wan ?)

Though one must admit that the Triangle Kush which evidently did exist in FL pre 91 (??) as many claim ...is a a very close approximation to the best elite OGK and who knows , maybe someone summered down in florida from Colo with some friends in the swamp ? Or knew someone who did & brought back some genetics ? lol

For pure Cystal goodness they are both some supreme examples of Cannabliss with her most alluring enchantress dress on . Though i don't smoke much the white is a beauty but lacking in much aroma or pungency , she has a beauty buzz going for her .

So u got to get smoked out by Tom Hill huh ? Its been lots of fun to have him around these yrs ! ( And that white trash redneck -->Nspecta !;)

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
27 day super snodawg-
picture.php

Did do out the SnowDog & must say it did produce some of the best "JellY Hash" ever saw ...all the Chems do make great bubble etc . The StarDog now produces some of the blackest bubble that will rival some of the best black Afghani hash easily & consistently every time . Making bubble is a no brainer with the chems. ..

Snowdog was not a great yielder tho....

wonkanaobe

late 80's early 90's there just wasnt enough supply to meet demand.

and on dead tour forget it. imagine 20k plus peeps 3 days in a row in chicago or indy all dieing for bag bag of KIND BUD. no strain names back then just kind bud.

I could sell it fo as much as i wanted 60 plus a 1/8 no brakes period.

thats 480.00

i flipped over a pound in 1/8 in chicago after a show as fast as i could make the transactions it was like a nitrous line 20 or 4o peeps and done crazy. it tru

rude dude i still have that double dawg pollen. its been traveled and gone from cold to hot but i still might try it.

i worked and lived in the irwin townsite pbud was the first herb i took on tour

T

Trinity Gold

The TK is the fire and came from Gainsville. :D It's OG Kush. Every thing else just is dreamin'

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
Man you are a friggin wealth of knowledge..

Write a book...

Its like... What strain are ya looking for??? oh yeah I got that!..

down2grow

Mine were 60% cloudy at 5 weeks, and about 80% at 7. Today is day 67 and they have been 100% cloudy for since mid week 8. Normally I would run this at least 70 days, as I havent seen hardly any ambers. But I am going to have to chop tomorrow for logistical reasons. Pictures in my grow thread.

EDIT: I have been told mine look more like Cd than C4(aquired from a dispensary). I have no experience with either so I am not confident mine are C4. Notice how the leaves on my girls look more sativa ish than Subrobs.

I'm using koolbloom powder following the Rezipe. Koolbloom shortens the flowering period, right? I'll keep an eye on the trichs because there's still plenty of white pistils like Fisher said. I just don't want to start flushing too early is all.

D2G

nomaad

Veteran
Somehow I got the two cuts registered in my brain as one and the same... So its the TK I am after, though I'd be interested in the White. I'll read that thread and see if it illuminates the White more.

Tom shared a couple of nugs of the TK and the Bubba from God/Bomb Threat with me and both were absolutely some of the best cannabis I have ever smoked. I have run Headband, a Sour D I got from two sources in mendo that turned out to be the same in every way, Chem D and an OGK from Humboldt that all remain a part of my genetic stock from the beginning of my growing career. None are confirmed but all have represented as what they should be to the best of my knowledge.

That TK was everything every other OGK I have smoked wants to be. But the "OG" that I run has some undeniable similarities and is dank as fuck. People who know OG accept it as such. And both have undeniable similarities to the Chem line, as I know it.

I am enjoying this thread and the mostly peaceful atmosphere.

bigherb

Veteran
Wonkanobe

your contributions are most appreciated i thankyou for sharing your experiences

No one knows the TRU lineage of CHEMDAWG. Originally named DAWG until I ADDED the chem to the front of it. The diesel fuel taste I claimed to be chemmy.

NO ONE knows the actual lineage. There are a handful of people who may know who cracked the seeds and grew the dawg in 91.

They are OLD and dont do the internet.

there is no jack in it for sure 100%

i would have liked to pm you but i know why its off

im curious as to your thoughts on som post from neville ,according to the last sentence it seems quite obvious but im one for details

the post below i believe was a reference to me you can see the whole thread at mns site underAre SSH, Jack Herer and Diesel the same thing? ,it doesnt even seem possible because nev is referring to his stock/company

Originally Posted by Nevil
The owner of a seed co. in Amsterdam in the '90s was the first person I knew of who was using the name Diesel and THAT plant was NL5HzCxSK1HzC. What people have been calling Diesel since then, I don't know anything about. If you want to know who that was, do your homework.

i stated my opinion which is the same as your last sentence of the qoted post ,but if you could recall the first year you have smoked/seen dawg bud it might put a final stamp on this theory ,while i understand the chem seeds were popped first in 91 im sure you smoked this before then just not sure exactly when

1luvbigherb

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nomaad...i have not tried tk as of yet, but i can tell you its gonna blow away the white...im kinda confused as to why this is such a sought after cut (the white)...besides the way it looks...had a couple bro's grow it...was not overly impressed...have never heard a bad thing about tk though...

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Wonkanobe

your contributions are most appreciated i thankyou for sharing your experiences

i would have liked to pm you but i know why its off

im curious as to your thoughts on som post from neville ,according to the last sentence it seems quite obvious but im one for details

the post below i believe was a reference to me you can see the whole thread at mns site underAre SSH, Jack Herer and Diesel the same thing? ,it doesnt even seem possible because nev is referring to his stock/company

i stated my opinion which is the same as your last sentence of the qoted post ,but if you could recall the first year you have smoked/seen dawg bud it might put a final stamp on this theory ,while i understand the chem seeds were popped first in 91 im sure you smoked this before then just not sure exactly when

1luvbigherb

He was referring to NYC Diesel, not the Sour diesel or Underdawg.

bigherb

Veteran
He was referring to NYC Diesel, not the Sour diesel or Underdawg.

sup my brother

"diesel aka chemdawg" It's your assumption that Chemdawg is Diesel, not mine

quoted neville

you should read the thread it was interesting ,but a very big statement IMO that doesnt hold much weight

i was part of the convo i believe he was referring to the chem line

1luvbigherb

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
picture.php

I pulled a single chemD pheno from a ½ pack of chemD x spacedawg, alphakronik genes... alpha named the f1's 'cannabis'.. lame, but broke down the latin meaning to be canine... very cool.

picture.php

With the exception of floppy branches, she's a gem in every way... she fades black and dark burgundy, and would seem to finish in 8 weeks. I keep taking her overipe at 10 and 9. Her nose is repulsive yet intoxicating. Her flavor 197% petrol. Her head hammers in so fast it's painful, and her body is my very rare ticket to sleep...

picture.php

The name stardog was begining to stick with her, i now realize JJ has a stardog... in accordance with both her parents being dogs, and alpha's 'canine' latin breakdown... i would like to give her the very simple name 'DOG'...

picture.php

Don't wanna offend the old timers in crested butte or any one in the colo scene though... :whee:
picture.php

Links...

Grow... https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=161259&page=2

Smoke report... https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=3727991#post3727991

I have f2's from a visually identical male... he stunk up my entire house like sour milk at 8" tall. Several hundred went to the bay...

zzoomm1000

I've had the 91 Chemdawg from a dispensary here in So Cal last winter. It was memorable. One of the best strains I've tried next to Third Eye and the true Jack Herer. And I've tried a lot of them.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
I'm using koolbloom powder following the Rezipe. Koolbloom shortens the flowering period, right? I'll keep an eye on the trichs because there's still plenty of white pistils like Fisher said. I just don't want to start flushing too early is all.

D2G

KoolBloom is very potent ammonium phos & not too costly given how little u should use (1/4tsp to 1/2tsp max= gal ) try not to overdo it & great in the mid-later stages .

* In GH's Liquid KoolBloom they have Magnesium Phosphate which is great to use in the early stages then switch over to the powder ... ammonium phos will dissipate in liquid solution so kept in the powder form . A combination of the Magnesium phospate early in flower cycle with the ammonium/phos later is optimum ....and could try a little high phos guano /worm cast tea as well .

Can always tell when they've OD'd a plant on bloom boosters & those "Blown up" buds too much phos creates ...people get heavy hands with the shit , big no no . <g

PS: Floralicious Plus by GH is a wonderful thing too , more of an essential oil booster & fragrance enhancer ...also used in small doses in aireated rez . Great stuff ...

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
For pure Cystal goodness they are both some supreme examples of Cannabliss with her most alluring enchantress dress on . Though i don't smoke much the white is a beauty but lacking in much aroma or pungency , she has a beauty buzz going for her .

your entire post was really good! thanks..

i have run all of the above and my vote leans towards the 91S1 theroy for OG since there is no males also..
The white is a bit much of a hashplant to make the OG
91 is sour funk
White is spicy
WhiteF-re are mix of both

somebody that breeds a lot with Lemon Thai said he cannot see any OG relationship either

STRAINZ

your entire post was really good! thanks..

i have run all of the above and my vote leans towards the 91S1 theroy for OG since there is no males also..
The white is a bit much of a hashplant to make the OG
91 is sour funk
White is spicy
WhiteF-re are mix of both

somebody that breeds a lot with Lemon Thai said he cannot see any OG relationship either

I've read through the entire thread & was wondering if you could expand on this 91 S1 theory for the OG, or maybe point me in the right direction for more info? Or is it simply that the Chem 91 self seeded and created OG (I think I've heard SFV OG specifically)? Thanks

Peace