What's new

The Black Hand of California thats Jim Crow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hempy McNoodle

When it comes to equity in the bay area cannabis scene, all I ever read is all about prioritizing People Of Color. Of course, being that it is always democrat politicians making these claims, I know that they are mostly pandering. Most likely, they pick SELECT black people and set up schemes to funnel the money outside of the community, to offshore places where it can be utilized by China. Or, at least that's what I assume happens.

Hempy McNoodle

Similarly, white people are blamed for 'gentrification' in the bay area. But, nobody wants to talk about how much real estate was bought by chinese nationals as rental properties during the housing bubble driven financial collapse. Almost every renter I've known has chinese (foreign nationals) landlords gouging the rental prices communally to their highest levels possible. But, sure, blame poor white hipsters that want to live in "cool" cities. My landlord happens to be black. I live in a black owned building and when I move out, he will likely double the rent for the space. By the way, I like my landlord. He's a cool guy. ..just saying.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Earlier in the thread reparations for slavery was brought up. I just want to through in my two cents. I am against reparations for slavery, because the United States already paid the price in the form of life and limb during an extremely violent and horrific civil war. Imagine getting you gangrene infected leg sawed off with no anesthetic. We are all squared, except that you may want to simply have a black class action lawsuit against the DNC and cotton industry. I would have no problem with that. But, how do you ask for reparations from republicans, for instance, who never owned slaves and formed as a party to go to war against slavery?

BUT Republicans then are democrats now....didn't you get the memo? How about they just sue the south?
Let's give reparations to the native americans instead. They had/have it much worse.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very good question.

I’ve never understood why people oppressed in/by the USA don’t just leave and go to their own majority paradises.

Right! Why the hell did all those pink people have to come in the first place?....ruined everything.

Jestocost

Aren’t you the guy that appropriated Terra Preta soil from Central Americans, dirtied up some water with it, sent it to some universities and got some “thank you” form letters, and then made like 9 bucks selling it off a website from 1992?

How much have you donated to Mayan causes?

Right! Why the hell did all those pink people have to come in the first place?....ruined everything.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Very good question.

I’ve never understood why people oppressed in/by the USA don’t just leave and go to their own majority paradises.

You must be a deep thinker.

I'm sure it has occurred to you that some citizens love their country and would like to see it flourish without being oppressive.

'Boogieman'

It’s a low-IQ liberal api g the current dominant media narrative regarding gender identity.

If you want more confusing outputs from him ask him to name another mental illness that requires genital mutilation to “cure.”

Ahh I get it now. First I was like he what? I'm not a liberal so I don't have to play by the "rules". They will figure it out eventually.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Define “oppressive.”

Please give an example of a country that isn’t.

Oppressive: unjustly inflicting hardship and constraint, especially on a minority or other subordinate group.

I'm not giving you any examples.

It's simply an opportunity for you to trash whatever nation I mentioned.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Ahh I get it now. First I was like he what? I'm not a liberal so I don't have to play by the "rules". They will figure it out eventually.

You are special.

:blowbubbles:

I believe that he was asking for clarification as to whom you were making reference to regarding the hating of white people.

I assumed that you meant the thread starter.

Jestocost

Just one.

The issue I see with calling the USA oppressive is this:

If the USA is oppressive, then every other country is more oppressive, leaving “oppression” as the norm and not an outlier.

And if it’s the norm then it doesn’t exist.

At least you haven’t brought up “dog whistles.”

Oppressive: unjustly inflicting hardship and constraint, especially on a minority or other subordinate group.

I'm not giving you any examples.

It's simply an opportunity for you to trash whatever nation I mentioned.

Jestocost

One of the frustrating things about current social trends is the use of “colonization.”

When white folks go to a country/space occupied by non-whites it’s evil.

When non-whites demand a place in traditionally white/European places it’s equality.

Sophistry has reached new heights dancing around that contradiction.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aren’t you the guy that appropriated Terra Preta soil from Central Americans, dirtied up some water with it, sent it to some universities and got some “thank you” form letters, and then made like 9 bucks selling it off a website from 1992?

How much have you donated to Mayan causes?

No clue what that is. Wrong person.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Just one.

The issue I see with calling the USA oppressive is this:

If the USA is oppressive, then every other country is more oppressive, leaving “oppression” as the norm and not an outlier.

And if it’s the norm then it doesn’t exist.

At least you haven’t brought up “dog whistles.”

This mentality disregards the possibility that oppression doesn't need to exist.

I'm not going to try to tackle the faults in your logic... you wouldn't be grateful.

The next thing you know you may accept that oppression isn't an American value.

When people invade an established society forcefully with the intent to conquer and subjugate it's evil.

When people expect equal treatment in an established society it's equality.

Thanks for reading, this reaches the end of the lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.