What's new

The Black Hand of California thats Jim Crow

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Boogieman'

You know what makes me happy? Cooking hotdogs over a bomb fire while drinking cheap beer and smoking weed. Learn to be happy and let go of the hate.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I like cooking cheap hot dogs over a fire while drinking home brewed beer and smoking bomb weed.

We would probably get along until you voiced continuing support for the Conald.

Or cheap beer.

Sunshineinabag

You know what makes me happy? Cooking hotdogs over a bomb fire while drinking cheap beer and smoking weed. Learn to be happy and let go of the hate.

The folks I grew up with were black but wanna know something funny? I never heard the N word until I was 14 yrs old! Chit I still addicted to me mo.ma wilson's sweet potato pie!
Those folks were my family......when we had disagreement amongst ourselves and neighbors we knuckled up and moved on...

Idk something's changed in black culture where 1. Your suspect if your white
2 mean mugging folks then out comes a gun? Huge disparity from the folks and environment I grew up in and know what it is in my opinion.....lack of respect for others and human life

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..... thanks to a good economy and good choices! :tiphat:

"Much of the growth in white wealth during the past two decades comes from the doubling of financial assets, including stocks and bonds, as well as pensions and retirement accounts, according to a Washington Post analysis of Fed data. Equity in their primary residences as well as equity in nonfinancial assets such as second homes and other real estate, boats, cars and jewels grew as well, but not as significantly."

'Boogieman'

The folks I grew up with were black but wanna know something funny? I never heard the N word until I was 14 yrs old! Chit I still addicted to me mo.ma wilson's sweet potato pie!
Those folks were my family......when we had disagreement amongst ourselves and neighbors we knuckled up and moved on...

Idk something's changed in black culture where 1. Your suspect if your white
2 mean mugging folks then out comes a gun? Huge disparity from the folks and environment I grew up in and know what it is in my opinion.....lack of respect for others and human life

Even the white kids today think it's cool to be gangster, well where I live anyways.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!

*SNIP
... as I. I am originally from Montreal.I never had a prejudice bone in my body, until I moved to Nova Scotia. 'circa '74

Although fluently bilingual (as tested 5 Es), within a month, I got beat up for being white and French. I guess that was a double whammy.

Trust me, it is not the blacks that were, and still are a problem here. I have several friends that have a different skin tone. You know, this sort of conversation, simply never occurred in my lifetime. AAMOF, our black community, knows who the shit disturbers are, and they are far more insulting than any whitey can/could be.

Gry

Veteran
..... thanks to a good economy and good choices! :tiphat:

"Much of the growth in white wealth during the past two decades comes from the doubling of financial assets, including stocks and bonds, as well as pensions and retirement accounts, according to a Washington Post analysis of Fed data. Equity in their primary residences as well as equity in nonfinancial assets such as second homes and other real estate, boats, cars and jewels grew as well, but not as significantly."

White families are twice as likely as black and Hispanic families to own stocks or mutual funds. Sixty percent of white families invest in the stock market, while less than one-third of black and Hispanic families have any exposure to the stock market, according to Fed data.

Hempy McNoodle

Seems misleading. Everytime the word millionare has ever been used, it pertains to an individual, not an entire family. Also, notice they are talking about 'families' without mentioning variances in family size. I've heard many black people talking about the destruction of black family units since the passing of the civil rights act and the social engineering that came with it (CIA crack cocain scandal and viacom).

Much information that is pushed on the 'woke' crowd is misleading and can be very harmful to society and individuals alike.

Hempy McNoodle

Seems misleading. Everytime the word millionare has ever been used, it pertains to an individual, not an entire family. Also, notice they are talking about 'families' without mentioning variances in family size. I've heard many black people talking about the destruction of black family units since the passing of the civil rights act and the social engineering that came with it (CIA crack cocain scandal and viacom).

Much information that is pushed on the 'woke' crowd is misleading and can be very harmful to society and individuals alike.

The comment I made here^ was just from reading the title. After briefly reading and scanning through the article, I found that nearly every statement was wrong or highly questionable. Don't be a sucker. Read carefully. Do you really think that 75% of white americans own their homes?? That is so wrong. And if that supposed equity factors in to the wealth portfolio of supposed white millionaires, we can see that this piece above is outright manipulative propaganda meant to make black folks feel demoralized and blame 'whiteness.'

Hempy McNoodle

Earlier in the thread reparations for slavery was brought up. I just want to through in my two cents. I am against reparations for slavery, because the United States already paid the price in the form of life and limb during an extremely violent and horrific civil war. Imagine getting you gangrene infected leg sawed off with no anesthetic. We are all squared, except that you may want to simply have a black class action lawsuit against the DNC and cotton industry. I would have no problem with that. But, how do you ask for reparations from republicans, for instance, who never owned slaves and formed as a party to go to war against slavery?

'Boogieman'

I believe he simply hates white people. Anyone who thinks racism isn't prevalent in the black community is fooling themselves. I have seen it all my life.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- an interesting piece of information - that gives me the startling fact that I have been paying for the abolition of the Atlantic slave trade waay back in the early 1800's - up until recent years - via UK taxes -

''The claim: The U.K. government only just finished paying its debts to slave owners in 2015.

Recent fatal police shootings in the United States have led to a global reckoning on the role of race and injustice in society. In the United Kingdom, this dispute has centered on the country's imperial history and legacy of slavery.

“In 1833, Britain used 40% of its national budget to buy freedom for all slaves in the Empire. Britain borrowed such a large sum of money for the Slavery Abolition Act that it wasn’t paid off until 2015,” a graphic posted by the political activist Raheem Kassam reads.

“This means that living British citizens (who were not even born when there was slavery) helped pay for the end of the slave trade with their taxes,” the graphic continues. The post has been shared almost 20,000 times.

The story is echoed in an article by the website Your Black World.

When the United Kingdom abolished slavery, the government compensated slave owners for the value lost from freeing enslaved people. It is true the Bank of England only recently paid off these debts.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...-debts-slave-owning-families-2015/3283908001/

picture.php

* Not to forget the million plus slaves that The Barbary Slavers of N.Africa kidnapped from mainly coastal Europe (as far away as Iceland/Ireland/Wales and England) - from 1500-1830's - and other slavers like the Crimean - Nogai Slavers - and the Ottoman Turks - who took millions of slaves too and more (see map) - then sold them in the Islamic slave markets of N.Africa and throughout the Ottoman Empire - I wonder if their ancestors could ever get reparations for having their relatives forced into slavery? - or are these people lost - in the sands of time?

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
- an interesting piece of information - that gives me the startling fact that I have been paying for the abolition of the Atlantic slave trade waay back in the early 1800's - up until recent years - via UK taxes -

''The claim: The U.K. government only just finished paying its debts to slave owners in 2015.

Recent fatal police shootings in the United States have led to a global reckoning on the role of race and injustice in society. In the United Kingdom, this dispute has centered on the country's imperial history and legacy of slavery.

“In 1833, Britain used 40% of its national budget to buy freedom for all slaves in the Empire. Britain borrowed such a large sum of money for the Slavery Abolition Act that it wasn’t paid off until 2015,” a graphic posted by the political activist Raheem Kassam reads.

“This means that living British citizens (who were not even born when there was slavery) helped pay for the end of the slave trade with their taxes,” the graphic continues. The post has been shared almost 20,000 times.

The story is echoed in an article by the website Your Black World.

When the United Kingdom abolished slavery, the government compensated slave owners for the value lost from freeing enslaved people. It is true the Bank of England only recently paid off these debts.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...-debts-slave-owning-families-2015/3283908001/

View Image

* Not to forget the million plus slaves that The Barbary Slavers of N.Africa kidnapped from mainly coastal Europe (as far away as Iceland/Ireland/Wales and England) - from 1500-1830's - and other slavers like the Crimean - Nogai Slavers - and the Ottoman Turks - who took millions of slaves too and more (see map) - then sold them in the Islamic slave markets of N.Africa and throughout the Ottoman Empire - I wonder if their ancestors could ever get reparations for having their relatives forced into slavery? - or are these people lost - in the sands of time?

View Image

View Image
PM inbound...

Jestocost

Very good question.

I’ve never understood why people oppressed in/by the USA don’t just leave and go to their own majority paradises.

How come fighting and dying to end the brutal enslavement of a seperate race is not included in the definition of 'Whiteness?'

Status
Not open for further replies.