What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Black Hand of California thats Jim Crow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- we have always had Englishman-Scottsman-Irishman - and Welshmen jokes here in the UK - between different tribes - and its all done in mutual jest - we all take the Mick out of each other -

Scottish Joke -

3 guys, 1 Irish, 1 English and 1 Scottish, are walking along the beach one
day and come across a lantern and a Genie pops out of it. "I give you
each one wish, that's three wishes in total" says the Genie.

The Irish guy says "I am a fisherman, my Dad's a fisherman, his Dad was a fisherman
and my son will be one too. I want all the oceans full of fish for all
eternity." So, with a blink of the Genie's eye "AlKaZoom" the oceans were
teaming with fish.

The English guy was amazed, so he said, "I want a wall
around England, protecting her, so that nothing will get in for all eternity".
Again, with a blink of the Genie's eye "AlkaZoom - POOF" there was a
huge wall around England.

The Scot asks, "I'm very curious. Please tell
me more about this wall. "The Genie explains "Well, it's about 150 feet
high, 50 feet thick, protecting England so that nothing can get in or out."
The Scot says, "Ach, fill it up with water."

* and us English don't feel offended - we laugh at the joke - humour should transcend all these 'ism's' - and 'ist's' - because laughter will get you higher than any 'erb -

Bake_McBride

Do you believe I should be punished for the actions of my ancestors?

Numbers 14
"The LORD is long-suffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the sons to the third and fourth generation."

Yes, you are accountable for the actions of your ancestors.

Do you see inequity today that was caused by your ancestors? If you do, what have you done about it?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
- we have always had Englishman-Scottsman-Irishman - and Welshmen jokes here in the UK - between different tribes - and its all done in mutual jest - we all take the Mick out of each other -

Scottish Joke -

The Irish guy says "I am a fisherman, my Dad's a fisherman, his Dad was a fisherman
teaming with fish.

* and us English don't feel offended - we laugh at the joke - humour should transcend all these 'ism's' - and 'ist's' - because laughter will get you higher than any 'erb -
... laughter is the best medicine. Um, I'm sure I read that somewhere :biggrin:

'Boogieman'

Yes, you are accountable for the actions of your ancestors.

Do you see inequity today that was caused by your ancestors? If you do, what have you done about it?

I disagree and don't give me that religious text bullshit. I treat everyone equally and individually until I'm shown otherwise.

:jerkit:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Scottish Joke -

teaming with fish.

you know what the difference is between the rolling stones and a scotsman is?

the rolling stones are "hey you,get off of my cloud" and a scotsman is "hey mccleod,get off of my ewe"

Last edited:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I have no idea why I quoted CG...

Must have been trying to be politically correct :D

Really though, no idea how that happened.

....... maybe it was a thought from your subconscious bubbling up to the surface? :D

No, really, think about it, that's where it starts! :whistling:

HOVAH2.0

If you gonna oppress a group of americans, in our case 30 million descendants of slaves, you gotta have a marketing budget..
If you gonna enslave an internal colony of americans in 2021, you gonna need a marketing budget of $1 billion dollars.. This is why Black history month is soo important to american capitalism, because black americans actually have a legitimate claim to part of this nations wealth... A robust effort is made to deflect attention and distract the energy that could otherwise be used in realizing that claim....One of those methods is the 'aspiration game'..
The aspiration game goes like this, "see you dont need jobs or equality in wealth with white americans, because look at Lebron James or Dave Chappel or Oprah..." " you to can aspire to be like these black americans who didn't need the backing of the US government to succeed." " and if they made it to the mountain top, so can you."..... And when you aspire to be 'like mike' and you fail... then the fault is on you and not the system of injustice..
The aspiration con game is a billion dollar industry to convince black americans to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps and the mechanisms of a strong government is not the answer...
This month you will see ads from every american industry from walmart to amazon praising black excellence and achievement.. but if look at the boards of directors and upper management of these companies.. its all white.... absolutely, no black...
its a con...

Attachments

• 20210204_170930.jpg
    20210204_170930.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210204_171550.jpg
    20210204_171550.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210204_170917.jpg
    20210204_170917.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 14

'Boogieman'

Honestly it sounds like you are more privileged than most Americans. Most people can't even afford to go on a simple vacation yet you lived in Europe. I'm just not buying it. It's the elite vs everyone else.

bushed

It's true, the odds are stacked against minorities in pretty much every society in the world.

White people gained power during colonial times, land and assists continue to gain value, widening the gap between the haves and the have nots. Even people who try not to be rasist are mared by the evelutionary trait of trusting other people that look like themselves over people who look different.

What can us commoners do about this? Not much that I can think of, the idea that the common white man should feel guilty or pay money doesn't sit right as people work very hard for their tiny peice of pie, I think that explains the slightly racist tone of some of the responses.

America is a very rich country, tax the super rich and give the money to the poor. Cut military spending and invest in education and health for the poor, it's not rocket science.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- My ancestors and myself have always been called a 'subject' - of the monarchy - and if you join the army or any civilian security service like the coppers even the transport police - you have to swear allegiance to the Crown - that puts the monarchy as a priority over the government - or religion -

''What is the difference between a citizen and a subject?

- 'Subject' is derived from the Latin words, sub and jacio, and means one who is under the power of another; but a citizen is a unit of a mass of free people, who, collectively, possess sovereignty. Subjects look up to a master, but citizens are so far equal, yet none have hereditary rights superior to others?''

''Two ways to look at the term “subject” and “British Subject”.

The term ‘British subject’ was changed in 1983 to become ‘British Citizen’, with very few British subject’s now. (I was born in 1960 - so I always was a 'British Subject' and still am. )

However, while the term ‘British subject’ now has a very restrictive statutory definition in the United Kingdom, the concept of a ‘subject’ remains in the law, and the terms the Queen's subjects, Her Majesty's subjects, etc., remain in use in British legal discourse.

So, British people are still ‘subjects of the Queen’, and they are ‘British Citizens’. But they may no longer be “British Subjects”

- Many of my ancestors had to go fight in many foreign wars on behalf of The Crown as 'Subjects' - often they never came home - lost in the mud was one - at the Battle of the Somme - so could all subjects have a relevant claim to the nations wealth - for 'being under the power of another?' - for being a sorta national slave to these so-called blue-bloodied people - and being made to go fight in their stupid wars? - 'Slaves to the Whims of Tyrants' - perhaps -

- If that's so - then it would open the doors for reparations - to just about everyone on the planet - who was ever 'A Subject' of another -

<calls his lawyer>

If you gonna oppress a group of americans, in our case 30 million descendants of slaves, you gotta have a marketing budget..
If you gonna enslave an internal colony of americans in 2021, you gonna need a marketing budget of $1 billion dollars.. This is why Black history month is soo important to american capitalism, because black americans actually have a legitimate claim to part of this nations wealth... A robust effort is made to deflect attention and distract the energy that could otherwise be used in realizing that claim....One of those methods is the 'aspiration game'..
The aspiration game goes like this, "see you dont need jobs or equality in wealth with white americans, because look at Lebron James or Dave Chappel or Oprah..." " you to can aspire to be like these black americans who didn't need the backing of the US government to succeed." " and if they made it to the mountain top, so can you."..... And when you aspire to be 'like mike' and you fail... then the fault is on you and not the system of injustice..
The aspiration con game is a billion dollar industry to convince black americans to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps and the mechanisms of a strong government is not the answer...
This month you will see ads from every american industry from walmart to amazon praising black excellence and achievement.. but if look at the boards of directors and upper management of these companies.. its all white.... absolutely, no black...
its a con...

Last edited:

HOVAH2.0

Actually it really was the US government that decided to give white americans more of this country's wealth than other groups... even in the foundations of europe, there was a group of men who declared divine right to rule and govern their country men... and so the Magna Carta reigned in that power... societies are created by the people, societies are changed by the people....
But why is there such an uproar in allowing Jeff Bezos to keep $108 billion dollars? When we take $100 billion, the lives of 100 million americans will change for the good. And Mr. Bezos would still have $8 billion dollars...
anyone on this thread a billionaire? hell no, so why should you care?

HOVAH2.0

Maybe its the realization that america holds captive the most dangerous animal on the planet.. coupled with the fact that black americans are the best americans this country has ever produced..
Not my words, I was told this in Rota, Spain.. 20 years ago.. at the time, I thought she was crazy.. Hi, Rotheia if u out there...
If you could have met my grandmother, you would agree.. she picked cotton at age 7.. it disfigured her hands for life..and yet she was a giant.. and that's what I come from...
who do u come from.? individuals who couldnt be a men unless standing on the shoulders of other men?.. pathetic
the world knows who u are and they know who I am..

Americas dilemma is pretty much the same as the owner of a pet tiger cub....After the beast realizes that its chains are its limits and a function of its owner.. deductive logic ensues

Status
Not open for further replies.