What's new

The 2011 outdoor season is now declared open.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
Lizards dont eat plants, they eat bugs and slugs n stuff.... good for the garden

do newts eat plants? When i looked up the lizards on boards they both looked similar

anyone from the southeast on here the weather a bitch this year not good for the old hemp

:wave:
hey

i think were all suffering weather wise this year after a beautiful easter. what you got growing this year?

C

COOKIE MONSTER

do newts eat plants? When i looked up the lizards on boards they both looked similar

Nah man they eat pretty much the same thing as lizards, there's not enough newtrician in plants to keep them going :)

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
there's not enough newtrician in plants to keep them going :)

horatio-caine-csi.jpg
csi_yeah_skyline.jpg

no lizardz in ireland unfortunatly

their about, very fast and shy though, only seen them once myself spread eagle tanning themselves:tongue:

C

COOKIE MONSTER

their about, very fast and shy though, only seen them once myself spread eagle tanning themselves:tongue:

Yep we have 1 lizard over here, loads of them down the bog....good luck in trying to catch one tho :)

Final male cull this week, these 3 started eyeing up the females so they got the chop.
019-2.jpg

This HP2 guy is the lucky one who gets to live in the greenhouse and drop his pollen.
002-9.jpg

These 2 HP and HP2 along with the bushier Danish Gold will be dusted
004-7.jpg

006-8.jpg

008-5.jpg

The little Biddy that the dog has been cocking his leg on will also get a dusting if it survives the flushing to remove all the dog piss from the soil.
012-4.jpg

Stay safe n happy all :tiphat:

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
iv got some males that i think are about to burst, any sighns for when their just about to?

If i cut them up bring them inside and put them in a glass of water will they open up quicker?

C

COOKIE MONSTER

iv got some males that i think are about to burst, any sighns for when their just about to?

If i cut them up bring them inside and put them in a glass of water will they open up quicker?

When they look like this
003-5.jpg

^ these HP2 flowers will be open by tomorrow at the latest.

The glass of water thing wont be quicker than leaving them on the plant....seems like a great idea for guerilla growers.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
thanks, visited them real quickly just then,one male there that looks about to pop, couple of minutes after i left saw a deer bounding around:frown:, think ill go crazy with some spit line tomorrow around the plants.

the male also had what looked like trics on it, is that possible/good/usable?

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Some males can have a few trichs...not really worth bothering with imo..

Try mothballs as well as the line for the deer, Claude down in the HFH forum swears by them.

laprecaun

Hey Lads, it's been a while...

Lucky after a bit of turbulences i have came back to eire...
first thing was... harvest :) what i thought...
but before myself - happy reaper there have been someone else checking packed with crystal buds of white masters... it was MOLD...

90% of all bushes were totally destroyed... eaten alive... the fungi were looking like some sort of alien life-form pulsating in between the crystals... DAMN...

It is soooo wet on the spot that you can literally smell the fungi in the air. I tapped one of zombie plants and just observed the cloud of spores... Ech... all work went to bin...

Laprecaun 1 : weather 8

But I still have some of normal plants :D They're not very much into flowering yet and also have much problem with pissing rain most of the time but are getting ok ;)

One of E.Sativa x Shaman Fem

Hashberry F2 (id say it is girl but no flowers yet)

and this packed fella' is candian mix with everything ;)
hopefully female

So there is still some plants in the wild ;)
i dont think much about AF as what is gone is gone ;)

:dance013:

N

ninja bud

That sucks. I dont know how you guys grow outdoors. That shit would seriously piss me off.
Cookie was trying to convert me but it seems like it takes forever to get those girls blooming. Best of luck with the rest of the crop hope you get some nice bud!
:joint:

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
white masters

shame about the mold, rest are looking good but what are the white masters?

found a male with some stem mold today, never had it this early, shocking statistic in that other thread about it being the coldest summer. Wasn't there a rainfall record last year too?

C

COOKIE MONSTER

:wave: Laprecaun

Sorry to about the mould man :( but you still have a few regular plants left and plenty of time to give them a good spray for mould....it's going to be a bad year for mould.

Dont worry Ninja, I'll get you outdoors next year....:)
It does take ages but it's worth it at the end when all the stress and worry is over.

Von...
I dont ever look at the forecast any more....there's no point the summer is well n truly fucked.
Last year was a good summer, it was the previous few that broke the rainfall records.

MJBadger

Veteran
I thought we were all having it bad over in UK with this shit summer but i think we must be sharing storm clouds . Had hail & lightning last week , a couple of big branches on one of the willows have cracked off .
I have reached an understanding with the Muntjac deer here , the female & young un shift when they see me but the male has taken to laying out in certain spots & even tolerates me walking past him with the camera & i have told him in no uncertain terms what will happenl if they decide to ignore defences & munch on my plants .
It seems everywhere has pests & slugs ,got some organic slug pellets . There made of Bran & when the slug eats them they swell up & remain immobile , trouble is they then have a good shit & away they go again . I have actually seen the male blackbird tearing the slugs to peices & munching on the guts but the babies he was feeding just spat it out . Gotta be doing something right though as i usually have up to 4 hedgehogs in the garden come evening i have to admit it`s getting pricey now keeping the beer traps topped up . I have had to place mesh baskets over the beer traps as im sure the foxes are nicking it .

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Sharing storm clouds?
Seems more like Ireland was a weather break coming in off the atlantic for you guys :)

I tried those organic/chem free pellets last year....cant remember the brand but they were a waste of time unless you count the minor inconvenience of the slugs having to crawl over them.
No slug bait this year, it's back to good old nightly picking and salty water in a hand sprayer.
God knows where they all come from but I get at least 1/4 bucket of the slimey fuckers most nights.
015-3.jpg

No cabbage for you this year mr slug :jump:

Few pics for the week
Hp, HP2 2nd batch
008-6.jpg

DG, HP2 from first batch
028.jpg

029.jpg

Baby buds
006-10.jpg

Hedgerow
025.jpg

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
love the happy garden cookie mate! also love to see stuff flowering, really hope you weather will show from its best rest of the season

Sharing storm clouds?
Seems more like Ireland was a weather break coming in off the atlantic for you guys :)

I tried those organic/chem free pellets last year....cant remember the brand but they were a waste of time unless you count the minor inconvenience of the slugs having to crawl over them.
No slug bait this year, it's back to good old nightly picking and salty water in a hand sprayer.
God knows where they all come from but I get at least 1/4 bucket of the slimey fuckers most nights.
015-3.jpg

No cabbage for you this year mr slug :jump:

Few pics for the week
Hp, HP2 2nd batch
008-6.jpg

DG, HP2 from first batch
028.jpg

029.jpg

Baby buds
006-10.jpg

Hedgerow
025.jpg

C

COOKIE MONSTER

CM what r u using for mould?

nice cabbage! r u going to do some bigos?
:wave: Lapre.
I'm using Serenade, milk and baking soda on the cannabis surrounding plants and soil.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=181003
^ this thread will help.
Bigos I will leave to the GF to cook, Polish people are so much better at cooking with cabbage than us Irish :)

love the happy garden cookie mate! also love to see stuff flowering, really hope you weather will show from its best rest of the season

:wave: Esben.
The garden is very happy and giving me back lots of lovely food.
The weather will not be very good this year but your HFH's will make the best of it and I think it is a good thing to help select the toughest plants to make seed. :tiphat:

MJBadger

Veteran
CM what r u using for mould?

Fungal spores-plenty of rain-cold weather will usually do an exellant job .

Veg is looking ok CM despite the slugs , i thought it was just me thinking my garden is`nt so good this year but a couple of gardeners have said the same thing to me . A few plants around the garden just seem to be slightly off colour & my runners are a let down crop wise . Maybe a move over the sea is needed . Me being a twat grabbed one of the Squashes to tie up , big mistake , it`s like evil fibreglass , should have realised but we hav`nt grown them before .

C

COOKIE MONSTER

i thought it was just me thinking my garden is`nt so good this year but a couple of gardeners have said the same thing to me . A few plants around the garden just seem to be slightly off colour

Funny you should mention off colour plants, it's something I've noticed that seems to be common among outdoor cannabis growers outdoors this year in our neck of the woods.
A lot of our plants are lacking that deep lustrous green that we have seen in previous years, leaves look pale in comparison but it's just the weather were are getting.

I ripped up my french beans last week and harvested what I could, total waste of time and space this year for sensitive plants like those.
Gherkins will probably go the same way.

I'm half thinking of filling the gaps with spring harvest cabbage, onion and turnip but the last 2 winters we've had temps as low as -15 and that will murder even hardy plants like those so it looks like I'll be planting green manure and clover and buying a rotovator.

Latest posts

Latest posts