What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TGA Genetics- Concerning Potency...

Rondon

I grew the hell out of DQ. Its ok. No offense but the keeper out of 15 females was decent but that taste and mild high got old..fast. My people were really wanting something else after about 3 runs of DQ. All of Subs stuff that has that Space Queen...its the common theme in all of it. The newness of it was cool..but after a few runs...meh. I had to move on. To each his own. I know some growers that love TGA gear but they are rare.

W

wildkender

this Romulan/C99 AKA space queen is a bullshit.

the strains what he made with the Taco male (Ortega/C99) was much better.

G

Gr33nSanta

I love me some space bomb. To smoke, not to grow haha. I've always loved space bomb. I ve never bought so many seeds of one strain. I think I'm at 4 packs of 10. I'm not sure the seeds are what they were back then...

I think one reason why it is so special to me is the fact that it's one if not the first weed I grew that gave me bright red eyes and made me feel super high. Most weed I grew prior to space bomb would not get me high. It was the perfect timing of me discovering organics and good genetics at the same time.

put down 5 Chernobyl beans. looking for them trainwreck terps. I had one green under ripened seed. I basically wrote that one off. funny enough, th best looking seed didn't pop and the under ripe one has rank vigor and is the biggest one. so out of 5 I came out with 4 happy seedlings. I had my heart set on space bomb. popped 5 and nada. not a single seed even cracked... was so sad. but I think the Chernobyl will more than make up for it.

Miraculous Meds

put down 5 Chernobyl beans. looking for them trainwreck terps. I had one green under ripened seed. I basically wrote that one off. funny enough, th best looking seed didn't pop and the under ripe one has rank vigor and is the biggest one. so out of 5 I came out with 4 happy seedlings. I had my heart set on space bomb. popped 5 and nada. not a single seed even cracked... was so sad. but I think the Chernobyl will more than make up for it.

The cut that was passed to me was a resin beast. Tall and stretchy, small buds though. Pure lime sherbert/pine. Definitely in the sativa class of being high, but not couch stoned at all for me. Great for hash production imo.

niiice im hoping for a big chunky calyx'd lime pheno. migh be a lot ot ask from 5 seeds but I saw another thread on here with buddy flowering 3 females out and 2 were definite keepers with those traits.

Harvest shots of the "Pink Lemonade" Pheno :
Smells like sweet pink lemonade and expresses beautiful colors.
View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

More harvest shots of "Pheno W" :
View Image View Image View Image View Image

looking for similar results. Props to indigenou$ on the grow.

Rondon

Any one ever get that double seedling in one seed case dealy when growing Subs gear? I did. Not often. But sometimes I would get a baby mutant runt little embryo seedling next to the main one that always died off early. Its a genetic mutation inherent in the Space Queen pollen thay TGA uses in all the seed lines. Never had that in any other seed companys wares. Strange indeed. Whenever I got the double seedling thing (no matter the particular seed strain within the TGA catalog - it could happen in anything that was SQ) and if the one strong embryo turned out to be a female...I knew it would be a very heavy Space Queen dominant plant. That rotting fruit/ sweet overripe cherry type sativa leaner plant with a creeper high that was mild at best. I tried like hell to get that one little runt seedling to make it just to see what it would turn out like. But i never could get it past the very early seedling popping up stage. Always died off early. Again..it didnt happen often. But it was a trip when it did happen.

Last edited:

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Its not a phenomenal thing promise.. many strains do that just all about luck of the draw my brother. I see that often on instagram and fbook. Definitely see how that can amaze you, but if space queen is the reason you best give thanks to a true breeder like Vic High not a pollen chucker like subcool

redlaser

Veteran
Any one ever get that double seedling in one seed case dealy when growing Subs gear? I did. Not often. But sometimes I would get a baby mutant runt little embryo seedling next to the main one that always died off early. Its a genetic mutation inherent in the Space Queen pollen thay TGA uses in all the seed lines. Never had that in any other seed companys wares. Strange indeed. Whenever I got the double seedling thing (no matter the particular seed strain within the TGA catalog - it could happen in anything that was SQ) and if the one strong embryo turned out to be a female...I knew it would be a very heavy Space Queen dominant plant. That rotting fruit/ sweet overripe cherry type sativa leaner plant with a creeper high that was mild at best. I tried like hell to get that one little runt seedling to make it just to see what it would turn out like. But i never could get it past the very early seedling popping up stage. Always died off early. Again..it didnt happen often. But it was a trip when it did happen.

I got a couple last year from a pack of Kaboom. In both doubles, they made it to maturity, one was two males and one was a male and a female.
They were equally healthy plants, the female double was fairly short.
I made seeds with the female out of curiosity, not sure if they would be worth popping since the kaboom was only ok IMO.

Rondon

Its not a phenomenal thing promise.. many strains do that just all about luck of the draw my brother. I see that often on instagram and fbook. Definitely see how that can amaze you, but if space queen is the reason you best give thanks to a true breeder like Vic High not a pollen chucker like subcool

Ive germinated thousands of seeds over the last 25 years and Ive never got a double seedling in anything else but TGA. I know all about Vic High and your right...hes the real breeder that Sub took his foundation from. Vic High sporadically posted on Overgrow.com back in the day. Dont know whatever happened to the guy. Been mia for awhile.

Joint Lock

Group of friends found out quickly the same thing lack of potency . So we took Chernobyl x purgatory made a F2 from a 100 plant selection and ended up with lime slurpy lemon funk .

Sad thing is the guy did this out of desperation .After he saved his money on a fixed income to purchase TGA and didnt find a winner . What came out after a decent selection was tons better in the potency department.

But like stated TGA isnt what it was before it became a produce as many hybrid strains as u can company . Back when he was running a dozen or less is when quality was good 2004ish era

Rondon

My patients and I just really like that near pure indica kushy dank gear anymore. We all have just high tolerances now a days that them kushy flatten ya hashplants are the only thing that does it. Subby has stated many times in the past that he breeds for fruity flavor and the so so potency he can deal with. Just turn it into concentrates is what he has said many times. Hes not a fan of the affie/kushy gear. I grew out a TON of TGA early catalog. Early 2009/10. All the rage here in Michigan. Those years his seeds were easy to get. Everyone grew out TGA stuff. It quickly got old. That fruity flavor and mild sativa light high just didnt cut it. Virtually no one in my area fuks with TGA these days. The newness of it back then was cool though. He definitely has gear that goes against the grain. We like our indica narco highs around these parts now. Stuff like your Glues...Og's...Affie/ Kush Hashplants...Bubbas. That's what my patients (most) like. I have a lady that loves my Cataract Kush strain. Helped her get off a 15 year Percocet addiction. TGA gear could never of done that.

Cannavore

Veteran
Ive germinated thousands of seeds over the last 25 years and Ive never got a double seedling in anything else but TGA. I know all about Vic High and your right...hes the real breeder that Sub took his foundation from. Vic High sporadically posted on Overgrow.com back in the day. Dont know whatever happened to the guy. Been mia for awhile.

just heard not too long ago Vic High passed away. RIP

G

Gr33nSanta

just heard not too long ago Vic High passed away. RIP

how would anyone know? what did he die from? In case you did not know Vic High was short for Victoria Highschool, I always thought of him a young guy in the early 2000 he would not be old now?

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
how would anyone know? what did he die from? In case you did not know Vic High was short for Victoria Highschool, I always thought of him a young guy in the early 2000 he would not be old now?
Vic died 3 or 4 days ago. His nephew reported it in Sub's chat room when he was doing a live show. Apparently he had been hospitalized.

G

Gr33nSanta

sorry for being nosy, I wish to know more. In some ways, a lot of my gear descend from his work and I was always curious to know whatever happened to him.

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
The nephew was understandably pretty shook up as his Uncle Vic had just passed the day before and didn't give much info. I believe it was in Canada.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer

Thats why i love cannabis and popping seeds - the luck of draw "with phenotypes"

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Popped a acapulco got a female that was trifoliate as i dont have the plant anymore. But amazed me at the experience of finding something i was not expecting to see like your case with two seedlings from one seed :)

Latest posts

Latest posts