What's new

TGA Genetics- Concerning Potency...

PDX Dopesmoker

Cuvee has space dude for father, so I think/hope this line was as advertise, Sub has been going on and on at how this Cuvee is his favorite weed. I ve got a couple of them girls going as long as they turn out nice I ll be happy.

The seeds I got out of my Cuvee mom all did great so far, but the father plant I used was from a lemony variety. That would explain the lemon heavy flavor on my Cuvee crosses without involving any JtR.

TGA SpaceCandy is most stimulating get up and do something strain I have ever had. I always extract fresh & let me tell all you this strain seems like its allot more than cannabinoids when in concentrated form. That allot more must be terpenes because when you do multi wash with non-polar solvent extract it comes out like some thing you never seen before a colorless oil. It also never become less viscous than very thin honey. After little UV or heat you see the normal yellow - orange - red THC-A - THC ratio change.

bigbadbiddy

A real shit show. And its just a glimpse into the mostly hustle the whole cannabis seed bidniss really has become. Hardly any of them are actually breeding anything new and really unique cultivars these days. A plethora of seed makers in "the game" for your dollars. And growers (especially newish growers) eat this shit right up. Continuing the cycle. Be especially leary of a so called "seed company" that pops on the scene out of nowhere with a catalog full of 20 or 30 (hell - even 10) different "strains" all at once. With completely goofy names. They arent breeding shit. Not completely and the correct way anyways. Hardly any have the time money nor space or resources to actually breed a unique and selected cultivar. Just one can take years what with cannabis being a dioecious annual. Its difficult. The numbers you have to run and selection/time it takes with male and female plants. Most are just stoners that marketed right. They all use the same "formula" and talk the same terminology. "Dusted with my ____stud male"...lol. Some of them are even throwing the retard word "phenol" around. Wtf is a phenol??? And "strands"????? The whole sending out seeds to "testers" all over the globe is half assed at best. Ive chucked pollen around in my simple retard low key setups and Ive gotten the same fire and boo boo bunk (hermies, subpar plants) that the seed makers sell you. That's 95% of what your buying from these hucksters. A lottery ticket. They fill a niche for the hobbyist/home grower I suppose. Or someone living in bum fukt egypt with harsh laws and no access to good cuttings or quality genetics. Someone like that I can see buying a few packs from a couple shysters and what not. But after that..I say...get a seperate small tent and lamp and chuck your own males around. Hobbyist type "breeding". Thats all most are offering you for 100 and 200 dollar packs of 10. Save yourself alot of money and time chasing the seed "phenol" (lol) game around.

Pretty good summary.

Basically we are just getting a glimpse behind the scenes and a confirmation to the shit show that are most so-called breeders.

If this is going on within a company/breeder such as TGA (which, even though debatable, has been regarded as a reputable breeder for years), just imagine what it looks like with all the buttload of "breeders" selling on your average seed vendor site.
You all know the ones I am talking about.

Rondon

Pretty good summary.

Basically we are just getting a glimpse behind the scenes and a confirmation to the shit show that are most so-called breeders.

If this is going on within a company/breeder such as TGA (which, even though debatable, has been regarded as a reputable breeder for years), just imagine what it looks like with all the buttload of "breeders" selling on your average seed vendor site.
You all know the ones I am talking about.

No shit. This is TGA/Subcool Seeds mind you. Alot of growers in the know have at least heard of this one. One of the more well known brands. Imagine the shenanigans some of the more obscure seed brands are pulling. Truth is...they have gotten quite a bit of my money over the years. Going all the way back to the early Dutch handful in the 80's. I will admit...I have gotten fire but it was alot of coin..time...space and work sifting through crap plants trying to find the good stuff (and before I got to be a wise greenthumb with a small test room - fukt up alot of crops with intersexed hermie seed plants). Most packs...plants of the same pack were all over the map with phenotype variation. With so much variation - how in the fuck do you know which of the plants the seed pack "breeder" was talking about in the "strain" description??? If you got any phenotype that drew you into buying the pack in the first place??? Then I started playing with my own male pollen and seed making. And got the SAME exact results (lottery ticket) that I use to pay alot of money for. Now...I hardly run seeds of anything anymore. Iam WAY over all of that. Cuttings is what I run. Just about anything I want through friends and family. There is nothing in a seed I really want I cant get in trade or gift/buy from rooted cuts. Dont get me wrong..once in a blue moon I will germ some seeds in my test room but its rare. And I got PLENTY of selected seeds of my own for that. Nope. I gave up on searching with seeds. I know what I and especially my patients like. And it can be had in some healthy rooted cuttings. Just so much simpler and faster and less expensive than buying into the seed company hustle. Unless I want something truly exotic like a land race or something for a project (Ace Seeds no doubt) Iam just running cuts now a days.

Last edited:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I gave up on searching with seeds. I know what I and especially my patients like. And it can be had in some healthy rooted cuttings. Just so much simpler and faster and less expensive than buying into the seed company hustle. Unless I want something truly exotic like a land race or something for a project (Ace Seeds no doubt) Iam just running cuts now a days.

So True!

Ready4

Veteran
I think people should take what "Ms Jill" said with a "grain of salt". Who knows if any of that crap is true? Imagine a pissed off scorned women making up some bs = very possible.
'Fake news ! " lol
Seriously, as far as potency, I had a Vortex pheno that nobody could smoke and say was not potent - it was damn strong and stunk big time. I may try Vortex again.
Agent Orange was a great strain too, not super potent, but very good/strong/very relaxing and smell of oranges & taste was excellent- cannot imagine an orange strain being any stronger.
Some different strains, with different tastes. Plenty of happy people growing some TGA gear. With so many strains, some are bound to be less than perfect.

sticky lungs

As my memories are coming back to me i remember being able to get an exceptional querkle during my stay in the southern states. Other than that, i havent many positive experiences with TGA genetics.

I almost feel like the guy breeds for bag appeal. I will say that his stable of breeding stock is not the norm of what the rest of the canna world uses, and i actually appreciate that. but on the bag appeal topic, I have on numerous occasions pulled out a jar of PRIMO looking TGA gear around my buddies, and they drool over it... Once we start smoking it, the mood always goes from "Wow" to "WTF" in no time flat. i can see using his stock as breeding material to acheive certain structures/terpene profiles, but other than that his gear is just not up to par.

was that exceptional querkle in GA by any chance?

sticky lungs

so he cheated on her???

if so, that's too bad as I always had the distinct impression that Mz Jill was the brains of the operation.:tiphat:

MzJill was the BALLS of the operation. Sub had that marketing shit on lock down by staying online all day and making his "celebrity" available to anyone in the chatroom. Respect to both of them for creating something out of the dust of the medical movement...but shame on them for breeding with low numbers under the guise that they were just following their allowed medical limits of 6 plants per patient (4 patients max per house, you do the numbers. If he's running 16 plants for patients' flowers, then he's running 8 plants MAX to pheno hunt/look for a male.) That's why he thought doing a 21 plant salute to me was a funny, impressive feat. Little did he know he'd just end up with 19 females on his search for a Vortex male to backcross to the A13.

To the subject of them having weak genetics...you CAN find potent/stoney meds from TGA seedstock. My best examples of keeper phenos came from the flav, vortex, and JTR. After sprouting over 80 querkle seeds I can verify that that cross is absolute trash. I'll take the Urkle (really a pre-urkle strain, called Lavender) any day of the week. Odds are though you will end up with only one keeper per 10 pack, if that. Your money is better spent on someone's genetics who actually tests them before releasing them, instead of citing "great demand" for the reason the breeder didn't test his or her gear before releasing. And to speak to his "eye" for dank. I guess his legacy is left already, his gear. Even he can't put a spin on it that he was a breeder. He was a pollenchucker, with many, many people who idolized him for his big talk and availability online. I'll be glad when TGA is no longer relevant in the weed industry. We're close to it being the case, anyhow.

G

Gr33nSanta

In all fairness, subcool becoming a successful breeder on such a small scale is what gave me hope. Lately I ve really come to realize how breeding is a number's game, sure you can create something special at home with small plant count but the true winners will come out of large ops, no doubts.

Ready4

Veteran
Something to consider.... I remember way back in the day on OG, before Sub was ever a breeder and was just another grower among the many. Sub had then got busted & ratted out by some scumbag - he was thinking about going overseas and was conflicted to leave because he had a son here.
Sub eventually moved back and did his time.
So while he may have made some mistakes, as we all do & rubbed a few folks the wrong way, he did not snitch like a filthy rat to save his skin = he did his time.
Whether you like him or not, that at least should be given respect.

Rondon

Something to consider.... I remember way back in the day on OG, before Sub was ever a breeder and was just another grower among the many. Sub had then got busted & ratted out by some scumbag - he was thinking about going overseas and was conflicted to leave because he had a son here.
So while he may have made some mistakes, as we all do & rubbed a few folks the wrong way, he did not snitch like a filthy rat to save his skin = he did his time.
I remember Sub and that whole thing on Overgrow. Way back when. All the famous people on the scene now were just regular growers in those days. And they were all on Overgrow. As was everyone else. I was member number 411. Lol. I got on that forum very early. It was fun. Alot of genetics were traded bought and sold on that forum.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer

Probably the only thing I will respect sub for

liquidsblue

Damn a JtR cut kept for over a decade must be something special and that one sure looks it, have you been making seeds with it?

This JTR gal is indeed special. She has a very strong lemon smell and flavor. She's the most resinous plant I've ever grown, finishes in 8 weeks, and doesn't stretch crazily in bloom.

I did a couple crosses in the past, grew them for a couple years, but I they didn't exceed her quality so were cut.
I crossed her with my Nevils Haze x C99 male last year. Im going to start them when it warms up a bit here.

has anyone ever grown out the nepali queen? (nepali og x spacequeen). just curious about that one. i feel like it would be an interesting combination.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
picture.php

Dairy Queen
Love the structure of this plant..

Why all the hate on subcool?
Find a keeper and make it a mother and give out clones.. if you ain't doing that then all the haters are just as bad as any profiting seed company.

He's a teacher of genetics and breeding. Also in my mind created the perfect soil mix ever. Beginner friendly and all you do is add water? No ph issues whatsoever! Yeah... ✌

Latest posts

Latest posts