What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TGA Genetics- Concerning Potency...

oldbootz

Veteran
My patients and I just really like that near pure indica kushy dank gear anymore. We all have just high tolerances now a days that them kushy flatten ya hashplants are the only thing that does it. Subby has stated many times in the past that he breeds for fruity flavor and the so so potency he can deal with. Just turn it into concentrates is what he has said many times. Hes not a fan of the affie/kushy gear. I grew out a TON of TGA early catalog. Early 2009/10. All the rage here in Michigan. Those years his seeds were easy to get. Everyone grew out TGA stuff. It quickly got old. That fruity flavor and mild sativa light high just didnt cut it. Virtually no one in my area fuks with TGA these days. The newness of it back then was cool though. He definitely has gear that goes against the grain. We like our indica narco highs around these parts now. Stuff like your Glues...Og's...Affie/ Kush Hashplants...Bubbas. That's what my patients (most) like. I have a lady that loves my Cataract Kush strain. Helped her get off a 15 year Percocet addiction. TGA gear could never of done that.

Yea there are these types of people. But there are also the types like me, far fewer though, who have grown all the kushy plants and don't like the sedation for living a normal life anymore. I prefer to get high all day long with a variety that's light on the body but power in the mind. Both types are legitimate but for different people with different needs.

Rondon

Yea there are these types of people. But there are also the types like me, far fewer though, who have grown all the kushy plants and don't like the sedation for living a normal life anymore. I prefer to get high all day long with a variety that's light on the body but power in the mind. Both types are legitimate but for different people with different needs.

True that. True that. I have one patient that loves the Santa Cruz sativa cut of Blue Dream. Thats what he likes. The couchlock extreme potency strains are too much for him. So....i dedicate one lamp to BD. No coincidence he always asks me to run TGA gear and heavy sativa types again too. My other people are WAY over the BD and most other hazey or sweet fruity sativas. Its all about preference. Person to person. Some people like to smoke some heavy shit and collapse in a couch. Others like to smoke a little and mow the lawn. Its a never ending search but ideally Id like to have about 4 variations of each of those 2 groups that are very reliable. It never stops though. The search for new gear. I should start cracking seeds again myself. But really I just score cuts off the street and test run em.

Rondon

Vic died 3 or 4 days ago. His nephew reported it in Sub's chat room when he was doing a live show. Apparently he had been hospitalized.

Man that's a bummer. RIP Vic High. That dude was a growers grower. Old school Canadian style and the pot growing community would be less if it weren't for him and what he brought to the table. RIP VH.

has anyone ever encountered a pheno of Chernobyl that displays variegation? curious if its maybe a hidden gem or a deficiency haha.

R.I.P. Vic High

iam_2high

wackest shit about tga,all the gear was tga until the shit hit the fan....now its "jinx or jill or sub got it from x" maaaaan look,all I know,is I thought he looked liked he smoked some strong shit,and he was knowledgeable and the yadadadada a nigga fell for it,never again

Rondon

You gotta understand that Subcool and the TGA folks are breeding what they like. What excites their palate. And if your onboard..your onboard. Sub has an extremely high tolerance but he's also stated he does not like the kush flavor or terp profile at all. He's a sweet fruity sativa guy. I am willing to bet if he wants to get blasted...he reaches for hashish and/or concentrates. The TGA crew has also stated several times they breed more for flavor taste and smell. Super knockout potency takes a distant second. And it shows in the gear that they offer. I've grown about 75% of the early catalog of strains. It was the bees knees for oh about a year or so of runs. My patients and I were quickly onto something else. The potency just wasn't there compared to the head smacking Indica types.

I saw on a few seed vendor sites that hes finally putting out some new gear. well, new spacequeen crosses. but new moms nonetheless

PDX Dopesmoker

Sub's youtube is still up, I think that his internet TV show might be a big part of the secret of his success. I started checking out The Weed Nerd years ago when I got a bag of Jillybean with a few seeds in it and got to wondering what TGA genetics was all about. 5 seeds, 4 females and 1 incredibly candy flavored keeper that told me for sure that TGA has some good shit. Anyway I watched a lot of The Weed Nerd on youtube and learned a ton about growing from Subcool & crew along the way. Ep 104 getting high with a tarantula might be the top highlight.
So I just want to point out to anyone who is jealous of how big Sub & TGA got that they earned at least part of their fame and success by helping people out & spreading the word. I think Growweedeasy is from that gang too. Even if all they do to make is seeds is dump Spacedude pollen on whatever the latest greatest trendy clone-only is they do a lot more to make sure that the folks growing out their seeds get a good result.

W

Water-

I've found that i like hybrids with about 20% THC max

more than that messes with my mind if i smoke all day.

igrowone

Veteran
wondering if all the tga lines are still good
there was that fire from last year or so
at the time saw some talk that some genetics went up in the flames
but talk is cheap of course

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Ask subcool himself or not because i myself can not say anything negative about that i would not wish that on subcool no matter what but i could definitely imagine that he did lose some serious p1 plants but perhaps too individuals that are major subcool weed nerds could have helped him reclaim back his stock. If he has done good then i assume that karma did ger thang and repaid him back. That is my two cents

redlaser

Veteran
Sub's youtube is still up, I think that his internet TV show might be a big part of the secret of his success. I started checking out The Weed Nerd years ago when I got a bag of Jillybean with a few seeds in it and got to wondering what TGA genetics was all about. 5 seeds, 4 females and 1 incredibly candy flavored keeper that told me for sure that TGA has some good shit. Anyway I watched a lot of The Weed Nerd on youtube and learned a ton about growing from Subcool & crew along the way. Ep 104 getting high with a tarantula might be the top highlight.
So I just want to point out to anyone who is jealous of how big Sub & TGA got that they earned at least part of their fame and success by helping people out & spreading the word. I think Growweedeasy is from that gang too. Even if all they do to make is seeds is dump Spacedude pollen on whatever the latest greatest trendy clone-only is they do a lot more to make sure that the folks growing out their seeds get a good result.

I’ve watched a lot of his earlier YouTube videos, have to give him credit for effort for sure. I like JTR a lot, and cheesequake. Space queen is ok but ruins hybrids for me.
The best weednerd videos had Dave and his weeden grow. Dude really made the most of 6-8 plants in an almost sea of green like tunnel in a simple hoop.

TGA is for cannaseurs who enjoy amazing, well bred strains. OG Kush is for millennials to get baked and munch on Tide pods. Blueberry usually won't wreck you but it's will always be working class herb. OG Kush will never be anything more than high potency ditch weed.

what do you guys think of 3rd dimension? lately ive been pretty interested in finding a nice, flavorful, potent sativa dominant hybrid that's fun to grow from tga. I have Chernobyl in my garden right now. im pretty excited to give it a try. I had spacebomb aswell but I wasn't able to get those seeds to germ. I was pretty set in stone with that strain and im sad I wasn't able to see it to fruition. anyway I just wanna know what you guys think is worth while. I am interested in vortex aswell.. I wish sub made a vortex x jtr offering cause I think that would be deadly. he has some new spacedude hybrids too! the jtr x banana og could be a cool cross with some nice vigor and flavor..sorry I keep rambling...thanks for your input guys!

Last edited:

ctg

Veteran
OG Kush that I have experience with is NOT ditch weed. In fact it is some of my the best herb on the planet. I’m not talking all the new og’s, I’m talking about one that helped start the og craze. Ghost og or Oregon kids og. Excellent complex flavors and high. Not a great yielder and doesn’t clone easily but is def some of the best on the planet

Happy Times

when the hell was that posted?

I guess everyone who thought they got agent orange really got jellybean instead haha

So I was wondering what ever happened with this possible male mix-up, anyone know? Wondering if it got fixed for current seeds

Page 66 of the thread

For whatever it’s worth a buddy did some JillyBean recently that he said peeps were raving over, we don’t really know if it was a mix up but he’s way happy with the product.