What's new

Tell the truth,you have waaaay to many seeds,and you are addicted to getting more!

hi my names grow high ..................... and im a seed addict !!!

but there is method to my madness!! i only seem to be drawn to the limited stock, none commercial strains, all it really takes is loggin onto a couple of sites and seein the out of stock sign and im manicly searchin every head site and half arsed seed seller i can find hopein to get it :p

latest example was the ace collection !! orient express was a pain in the arse to find and guawi i havnt been able to find :( its drivin me crazy i need that guawi to complete my ace obbsession lol

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea once i get logged into the bay it gets pretty tempting to just start printing out buy it now order forms.....i can easily see how people get hooked on seed collecting...its the same "il grow that out after i do the xxxxx and the xxxxx"

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
i personally have STOPPED MY URGES for buying seeds...I have been collecting now for 8 years now and have maybe 100-150 diff strains...I am now in the process of PRESERVING my seed collection by making F2's and crosses of chose strains...

I know what its like to be a seed whore and I will always be one...but I have slowed my pace...

peace
Chefboy

F

ForbiddenFruit

Ya i got into collecting for a few years, but have recently put the damper on seed buying.

There does come a time when buying "more" becomes unrealistic. I guess one good strategy would be get what you "need" in order to have a diverse selection, then stop.

Realistically you only need 5 - 10 strains so thats a good start, then every couple years when you get bored with a selection, buy a new pack.

I would guess, a large amount of seed addictions come from not knowing exactly what you want or what your goal is, so the urge is to get a little bit of this & a little bit of that.
Finding the "holy grail" also plays a role in this, because you have to test the waters alot (ie: buy more seeds) to get there and also to develop the sense of what you like and don't like.

But overall i would say, its a learning process and refining your goal and strategy will help curb reckless seed addictions. Start to really narrow down what part of the cannabis gene pool you need/want and why.

There are many other variables, but I would positively say seed addiction does exist, and needs to be addressed... lol :laughing:....weather or not its poses a serious risk is yet to be determined.

eyes

Veteran
I was just sittin here seed shopping.....AGAIN!! I hope that I am not the only one who feels the need to buy every strain that appeals to my liking. I am 39 yrs old and it takes me roughly 4-5 months to grow out a strain from seedling to chop depending on indica or sativa.Think about it.As it stands right now if I stop buying and just grow out the strains I have, I will be roughly 67 years old. HOLY CRAP!!! I even have copies of my strains that are not included in the count.I have 3 areas 1 veg 2 flower areas. I grow the 2 packs of a strain and take clones. Then the clones go into the #2 flower room when ready to make F2 seedstock. The originals remain seedless.I then pick out the seeds from the flowers and go to work with my Payload bags.But yet I enjoy buying seeds. I like the taste and buzz they all offer. Am I alone???? Is there a CSAA around I should visit??? (Cannabis Seed Addiction Anonymous)LOL!!Being new member I am just trying to come up with a tread that strikes a chord with some of ya, or its on my mind.This plant DID save my life.:canabis:

I have the same problem. The more i frequent I.C. or any other site i belong to,the more seeds i buy.Just as yourself,i have seeds just sitting that i cant pop cause circumstances wont allow for it. I do like to be prepared just the same.But yeah,i have recently told myself try what you have first b4 you get too crazy buying any more beans. I guess as i get older, ive learn to control the impulses somewhat.

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
Heck money's tight for me I'm sweeping the garage floor looking for 12 year old Mexican bag seed. lol
You can never have to many beans.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah i seem to have accumulated hundreds of packs over the last 5 years or so, im at about 80+ packs of seeds currently, if i ever manage to grow all these out i'll be happy, but i usually find myself adding 1 or 2 more every month.

I've been doing 10 strain mother hunt runs just trying to get through them all only taking maybe 1 or 2 mums from like 70 seeds at a time.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
My name is Bobby, and I have a seed addiction. I have well over 100 strains.

Anyone go over a thousand in seed expenses this month???

I did...

Last edited:

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:joint: 10 grand worth in the last 2 years. already grew out 50 + strains and have over 100 more to pop. still buying too!

190+ packs and that doesnt include what i already gave away, grew, or beans i have made.
picture.php

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
KCS here and i'm also a seed addict, probably 1 of the main reasons i'm broke currently. Well now that I got that off my chest time to surf SBay lol, just kidding ;). "I'm just Joshing u man"! Yea I know its a throwback phrase. Ya'll take care 1

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
I used to have a lot. Gave them all away when I got sick. Now I regret it some.
Oh well, sharing is caring. I was an addict. Maybe I'll get hooked again.

SackO

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I knew I wasn't alone in my addiction.

I have way to much and I just can't help myself! I just ordered more beans but I really enjoy searching through my creations.

Well... I guess...
Some folks gamble with cards n dice...
I'll gamble with seeds n weeds...

Doesn't matter how I take it or toke it.
I like to bake it & smoke it.

Yes...
I am a seed addict.
I even buy 'em by the pound.
Mmm Mmm. They good eatin.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Another seed addict chiming in. Already have way more than I will ever be able to grow. Haven't bought any in a minute. But I made few thousand awhile ago. Plus I have had 10-20 packs gifted to me as of late.

Planning on making seeds again soon. Fem's this time. Prolly go way overboard again and make way more than I could ever use