What's new

T5 Club... Show Us Your Stuff...

ZZTops

Veteran
I have seen the Badboys around for awhile and been wanting to try them.. Just cant justify that kind of cash output without some kind of grow report, which I have yet to see.

Mike Google... Quantum t5 badboy 420

Your first hit should be a BB Grow Report...

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Since we are on the T5 subject;

Has anyone actually done a grow with all one spectrum tube for Veg, and then switched to the other spectrum for Bloom?

Thinking of maybe ordering a case of each from some supplier that's not so proud of their tubes.

Wondering if using all one spectrum and then the other would speed up the process.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
See my journal for results of Bad Boy grow using a variety of aquarium bulbs.

Here's my current clone grow raised under LEDs, and moved to BB ~ 4 weeks ago. They were overgrowing the gray tote, now in the Big Red, and have grown quite a bit in just a few days

The gray tote was growing under 4 bulbs,

2 UVL Aquasun
1 Wave Point Coral Wave, one Zoomed Florasun

now 6- one more Florasun and one UVL Red Life

View attachment 207752

View attachment 207753

ZZTops

Veteran
Four Week Bloom Up-Date...

SS White Russian...

2'x4' foot print, 432w / T5 / 8 Bulb ( 8 @ 6400K )

Notes: I'm liking this one a little more now I see it taking shape, nice Tall Frosty Buds and a great smell but not over powering. Had to SC several of the tops to keep the canopy some what level and she did not miss a beat...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ZZTops

Veteran

SS Bubblegum / Indica Leaning...

2'x4' foot print, 432w / T5 / 8 Bulb ( 4@3000K & 4@6400K )

Notes: Really liking this one, has a nice medium growth with Fat Hairy Buds that smell very nice but not over whelming again...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ZZTops

Veteran

SS Bubblegum / Sativa Leaning...

2'x6' foot print, 400w / HPS on Light Mover...

Notes: This one's a fast grower but starting to slow down a little now and should fatten up real good. small buds then the Indica but very frosty, maybe Frost-yer even...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SirSteely

ZZ,
WOW! Very nice.

Im using two 4x4 T5s side by side. I have 3 red and 1 blue bulb for each fixture while in bloom cycle. Should I keep some blue spectrum in, or phase it out entirely by end of flowering? My suppy of bulbs at the moment is limited to simple red and blue bulbs.Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.
One week into flower and all my ladies are showing and one of the bagseed is confirmed female. This first grow is fun, but Im eager to get it behind me and start out a bit more organized. I know Im going to have way to much going on under 8bulbs with the amount of plants I have. Should be fun,lol.

Attachments

• FLDay7.jpg
    FLDay7.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 13
  • HazyOGpre.jpeg
    HazyOGpre.jpeg
    16.7 KB · Views: 15

jede3

Since we are on the T5 subject;

Has anyone actually done a grow with all one spectrum tube for Veg, and then switched to the other spectrum for Bloom?

Thinking of maybe ordering a case of each from some supplier that's not so proud of their tubes.

Wondering if using all one spectrum and then the other would speed up the process.

Well, that's what I'm currently doing. I used all blue spectrum bulbs for my veg and switched to all red for flower. But being that this is my first grow I don't have any solid info to share, sorry.

Along with the four 3000K bulbs I'm using, I also have two 2700K cfl's I use for supplemental light. I couldn't find much info on that spectrum and was wondering if it's even worth it to have those two bulbs in my tent? They're really bright and the plants seem to like it, but I wasn't sure if there would be any diminishing returns of using those two cfl's along with my T5.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Well, that's what I'm currently doing. I used all blue spectrum bulbs for my veg and switched to all red for flower. But being that this is my first grow I don't have any solid info to share, sorry.

Along with the four 3000K bulbs I'm using, I also have two 2700K cfl's I use for supplemental light. I couldn't find much info on that spectrum and was wondering if it's even worth it to have those two bulbs in my tent? They're really bright and the plants seem to like it, but I wasn't sure if there would be any diminishing returns of using those two cfl's along with my T5.

Is your strain a 'known' strain? If so it'll be interesting to see what the bloom time is. Using the mixed tubes, I took a couple weeks over 'advertised', and could have gone longer. I chopped at milky, before any brown in the trikes.

My seed plant is still ripening, and the 5th was a month since pollination. I'm going to let them ripen well before harvesting. Hoping to get mostly healthy seeds as AK47 is definitely a keeper.

On edit; I note that you seem to be using 6 tubes? or am I misreading?

jede3

Is your strain a 'known' strain? If so it'll be interesting to see what the bloom time is. Using the mixed tubes, I took a couple weeks over 'advertised', and could have gone longer. I chopped at milky, before any brown in the trikes.

My seed plant is still ripening, and the 5th was a month since pollination. I'm going to let them ripen well before harvesting. Hoping to get mostly healthy seeds as AK47 is definitely a keeper.

On edit; I note that you seem to be using 6 tubes? or am I misreading?

I am only using a 4 tube T5 at the moment, but will be upgrading to the 6 bulb T5 on my next grow. Along with the T5 I've got a couple of 55w CFL's just to light up the back corners of my tent where the T5 doesn't reach as well.

I've actually got 4 different strains going, but I'm starting to think that might have been a mistake, as it looks like they're all going to finish at a different time. I've got a Vortex girl and a Chocolate Chunk that are going to finish at the same time, they're both big and healthy and starting to get frosty. My Dynasty girl has the biggest, fattest flowers of the bunch with HUGE pistils everywhere, but absolutely no frost on it yet, so it might go quite a while longer. And then there is is the U.W. girl. She is the smallest of the bunch, definitely a runt, but is absolutely caked in frost. So much so that it looks like she's at least 2 weeks ahead of the other girls, even though they're all on day 27 of flowering.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
jede3

I feel your pain on the plant heights. I grew from seed and the difference in Phenos was amazing. Ended up using substantial amounts of 'blocking' to keep them all close. However I only grew out 2 of the 4 plants, gave away the other 2 large girls. I did a clone and put it to 12/12 immediately so it didn't grow much. I did that intentionally as I wanted to produce some seeds for my bank. Did the seed plant under the 2' light in a separate area.

By the way. If you have the availability take a serious look at the 8 tube HO fixtures. I've got one from HydroFarm that has 2 switches, when the plants are small, I vegged under 4 tubes (center four), then added the other 4 when I needed the 'footprint'. Got mine at Way to Grow in Lakewood, Co....$230 or so.

Maybe I was just lucky, or I had good info.... whatever, the results were most impressive.

I think when I'm ready to do another cycle, I'll do Jilly Beans, and or Oregon Grape, since I've got beans for both. I've also got a 2' 4 tube T5HO, that provides a bit of flexibility as needed.

Supposed to maybe snow this afternoon.
Smoke it if you grew it. lol

ZZTops

Veteran
ZZ,
WOW! Very nice.

Im using two 4x4 T5s side by side. I have 3 red and 1 blue bulb for each fixture while in bloom cycle. Should I keep some blue spectrum in, or phase it out entirely by end of flowering? My suppy of bulbs at the moment is limited to simple red and blue bulbs.Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.
One week into flower and all my ladies are showing and one of the bagseed is confirmed female. This first grow is fun, but Im eager to get it behind me and start out a bit more organized. I know Im going to have way to much going on under 8bulbs with the amount of plants I have. Should be fun,lol.

Those look great, will be hard to thin the pack...:tiphat:

Funny... Purely by accident I'm running all three light combos, all red, all blue, half and half. I can say all three work very well and it would be hard to say one's better then the other. That said I do tend to like the half and half the best and sit in front of that cab the most my self...

I would keep the blue in the mix for sure...

Keep us posted...

jede3

jede3

By the way. If you have the availability take a serious look at the 8 tube HO fixtures. I've got one from HydroFarm that has 2 switches, when the plants are small, I vegged under 4 tubes (center four), then added the other 4 when I needed the 'footprint'. Got mine at Way to Grow in Lakewood, Co....$230 or so.

I'd love to go the 8 bulb route, but sadly my tent is too small. The footprint is only 4x2, so my 4 bulb has a quite a bit of wriggle room and the 6 bulb should fit perfectly.

So, I'm just trying to estimate how much herb I'm going to actually end up with, and being that I'm a total noob too growing I have no idea. I've got the 4 plants in two gallon Hempy buckets using the Lucas Formula, and I thought 4 ounces would be a safe goal to shoot for. Is that completely reasonable with my setup, or am I dreamin?

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Jede3
the 8 tube is also 2x4', at 432 watts it really counts... just a thought, since your looking to add. Just over 50 watts a square foot, and 5k lumens per foot as well.

ZZ
Yup, sure glad you 'figured it out' for me. :thank you:

jede3

Jede3
the 8 tube is also 2x4', at 432 watts it really counts... just a thought, since your looking to add. Just over 50 watts a square foot, and 5k lumens per foot as well.

ZZ
Yup, sure glad you 'figured it out' for me. :thank you:
Sweet, I was unaware the 8 bulb would actually fit.

Latest posts

Latest posts