What's new

T5 Club... Show Us Your Stuff...

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Harvest Time

Harvest Time

Looks like some Fat Sticky Buds to Me...:tiphat:

Sticky they are! I've been licking my fingers for 3-4 weeks now, every time I defoliate.

A lot of this will go to making 'butter'. COOKIES!!!!!

:woohoo: :laughing::laughing:

:thank you:

Seed plants are a ways out too.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Yeah, I'll build a cabinet around the fixture. That's just the general size I'm working with... Thanks for the input!

I's say from what little i've done. Give it 2-3"s on each side and ends for air flow. I've found I like to 'off balance' the light so that the front is lower than the back by 2-4"s, as well.

It helps the heat to 'flow' out from under the tubes. Might even make the tubes last a bit longer?

Just a thought.

ZZTops

Veteran
That's good advise...^^^

My SJ DR150W Tent is 3x5 and works great with the 2x4 T5 fixture...

2 Legal Co

Veteran
That's good advise...^^^

My SJ 150DR Tent is 3x5 and works great with the 2x4 T5 fixture...

I think my next 'enclosure' will be more of that size. My heat retention has been reduced by expanding the front to back space. Mostly. So I'm thinking 6"s on each side will be a winner.

One thing I have noticed, that almost all the light is directed to the footprint (2' X 4'), so that there really isn't much reflection doing on until I tilt the light to let the heat flow up better.

I've found that with the tilt on the light, I can let the plants almost touch with zero damage to the foliage. Yeah. :woohoo:

SirSteely

1st grow day 5 flowering:update

1st grow day 5 flowering:update

OK its day 5 of bloom cycle here on my first grow. Im pretty much dialed in. Did almost cause a few plants some damage by letting my soil get too dry.When I watered, the soil repeled the water.FFOF needs to be kept moist I learned. Other than that all looks good, a few pre flowers and waiting on my two bagseed plants to show sex.
Thanks for the tips and encouragement.

Attachments

• GardenDay4F.jpg
    GardenDay4F.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 14
  • GodsGiftPreF.jpeg
    GodsGiftPreF.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 11

ZZTops

Veteran
I think my next 'enclosure' will be more of that size. My heat retention has been reduced by expanding the front to back space. Mostly. So I'm thinking 6"s on each side will be a winner.

One thing I have noticed, that almost all the light is directed to the footprint (2' X 4'), so that there really isn't much reflection doing on until I tilt the light to let the heat flow up better.

I've found that with the tilt on the light, I can let the plants almost touch with zero damage to the foliage. Yeah. :woohoo:

Typo on my part I have a DR150W 3x5x6 Tent, went to google them and see they are disconnected and no tents this size in the new line up..."-(

http://www.greners.com/i/grow-tents/secret-jardin.html

ZZTops

Veteran
OK its day 5 of bloom cycle here on my first grow. Im pretty much dialed in. Did almost cause a few plants some damage by letting my soil get too dry.When I watered, the soil repeled the water.FFOF needs to be kept moist I learned. Other than that all looks good, a few pre flowers and waiting on my two bagseed plants to show sex.
Thanks for the tips and encouragement.

Looking Great...!

They seem to like a nice wet/dry cycle, the trick is to not go to far ether way..."-)

Are you going to LST, SOG or SCSOG...?

jede3

I'm on very first grow, using a 4' 4 bulb T5, and I'm totally pleased with it so far. Seeing some of the nugs in here makes me really hopeful for my first harvest!

My grow is just a small medical grow for myself, so things are a bit on the small side. I've got a secret jardin DR120 W with the 4' HOT5, and I've got four two gallon hempy buckets. I've also got two supplemental 55watt CFL's to light up the back corners of my tent. Hopefully, I'll be able to afford the six bulb T5 next grow, since my tent has the room for it.

hOZqUc2.jpg

SirSteely

Looking Great...!

They seem to like a nice wet/dry cycle, the trick is to not go to far ether way..."-)

Are you going to LST, SOG or SCSOG...?

ZZ,
I have been using LST in veg keeping the canopy even so will probably continue this technique during bloom. I had originally planned on using a scrog screen but budget and then time cancelled that idea for this grow. As I consider this a practice grow I kinda let them get out of hand during veg and know I will have to work it out just how to get the most yield. I have too many plants for my light and after stretch may have to trim out what is too far from lights, or harvest main colas then lower lights and finish off lower flowers atr end of harvest.
Thanks for the interest.

5th

Veteran
Looking good jede3. How far along in flower are they in that pic you posted? Strain? :tiphat:

ZZTops

Veteran
Sweet Jebe3...!

I have as ways wanted to try the buckets, read the thread about three times I think...:biggrin:

I see your DR120W is just short of 2x4x5, so the fixture fits tight end to end...?

SS...

It's easy to out grow your space, even the more reason to have one or two other spaces...:biggrin:

jede3

Looking good jede3. How far along in flower are they in that pic you posted? Strain?
tiphat.gif

I'm on day 21 of flower, and running 4 different strains from 4" clones. From left to right: Vortex, Chocolate Chunk, U.W., and Dynasty.

Sweet Jebe3...!

I have as ways wanted to try the buckets, read the thread about three times I think...:biggrin:

I see your DR120W is just short of 2x4x5, so the fixture fits tight end to end...?

Yeah, the light is exactly the same length as my tent, so it fits perfectly. I just need to upgrade to the 6 bulb fixture, and that should cover my whole footprint.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Just a little tip, if you DIY some T5HO lights, you can keep the ballast outside the cab, and the lights will put very very little heat... It's also a lot cheaper, you won't have a nice reflector but still worth it IMO... You can always make something out of refletix to help. Nice plants guys!

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Regards to the upgrade lighting;

I'd go with the 8 tube 4' fixture. Because you can run 4 tubes for veg and all 8 for bloom. The cost @ $230 or so is nominal.... Maybe.

As to the DIY: Don't know what the cost is to do that. However, a friend of mine discovered that the 'reflector' does make a huge difference in the useable light. Previously he had run several (16ea?) of the 100 watt CFLs in an enclosed booth, using 'space blankets' for reflectors. He now uses the 4' 8 tube T5HO and says the difference is substantial. So maybe you can procure some actual reflectors?

I have noticed that my Reflectex lined 2.5 x4' booth is not all that 'bright' from the Reflectix. Most of the light is directed directly down to the 2'x4' 'footprint directly below it. Since I used the rigid, wire fencing material (2.5" x 4" openings), I started bloom with a 'flat top' on the 2 plants. Production was very good with very little in the way of 'popcorn'. I did have to pick leaves on a regular basis to keep the Bud sites from becoming 'shaded'. Well worth the effort.

In the long term I think you could have a large room with several 2'x4' fixtures suspended sans Any perimeter reflectors, IF you wanted to go that way. The box says the draw is 3.6 amps you can easily run 3 of them on one 15 amp breaker. (you will of course want oscillating fan/s to keep the air moving).... however tha would facilitate 24 square feet of 'grow' area.

ZZTops

Veteran
Hey Mike...:tiphat:

No I have not but have looked into them...

My understanding is they're HO not VHO and claim up to 28% more light then some other fixtures. Might be true in some cases but most of that percentage comes from the reflector. So a BB fixture or any other Quality Fixture compared to a fixture with a poor reflector I could see a 28% difference...

I do know they are 28% more Expensive then the HydroFarm...

Not knocking BB's and would like to do a side by side but that's for another Star Date...

420mike

I have seen the Badboys around for awhile and been wanting to try them.. Just cant justify that kind of cash output without some kind of grow report, which I have yet to see.

Latest posts

Latest posts