What's new

T5 Club... Show Us Your Stuff...

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I like the rooftop formation, four point to adjust to the tops, and a i lean mine to focus light in. I added the kessil 150 reds as side lighting to hit the stems and lower budsites but only added them in Jan on this run.

Thx; This info helps me with some of my questions. I seem to always be looking for a better rat trap. Sometimes with nasty results. :laughing:

All I did differently this run (my first) was to tilt the light (8 tube 4'), so the heat that it made would flow to the rear and up. I also noticed that even that small of an angle added a large amount of reflected light from the Reflectix that is on the rear of the current 'booth'. It's only 48" x 30" inside (I had to add depth from 24 to 30's to let the heat flow up).

I elected for an indoor location to use the heat from the lights for the winter. Since I didn't have a dedicated carbon filter, the smells were overpowering when the furnace was not running. I did put an activated carbon filter pad in the furnace intake, that helped greatly When the furnace was running. Never thought I'd get tired of plants growing. I was Wrong!

2 Legal Co

Veteran
One thing I did notice when I tilted the light was that the Veg in the rear of the booth increased in thickness/height afterward.

This might have been from the reflected light, bouncing back onto/under the head. Or it might have been just stretching to reach the light that was 3"s away instead of 1", as it was in the front?

Whatever the reasons, the results were satisfying. lol

SirSteely

1st Grow day 21 Bloom Update

1st Grow day 21 Bloom Update

Everything looking pretty good here(I think) Im at day 21 of flower and nothing to compare to what Ive got going on so far. Did wake up to a hammering sound coming out of my growrooom.Had to go in while lights were out because the fan was stuck in one spot and clicking loudly.ActiveAir fans not as sturdy as the company claims.Discovered several pinholes of light were leaking in window covering.Seems the airpressure when exhaust on pulled out a few staples from my blackout plastic. So anyone want to tell me if those pinholes hurt me?
Thanks for the interest.

Attachments

• BubbaUDay21.jpg
    BubbaUDay21.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 17
  • GG21.jpg
    GG21.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 13
  • GardenDay21.jpg
    GardenDay21.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 11

ZZTops

Veteran
Looking good SS...:tiphat:

Light leaks are blamed for Herms in most cases but I do not buy that and think Herms are more genetics then any thing...

If light leaks caused Herms then every outdoor grow would be subject to Herms as there is no way to get pitch black and light pollution is every where...

Two of my cabs I leave open during bloom and although I try to make it as dark as possible some light gets in but has not caused any problems with the Strains I'm growing...

Home Depot has some Alum Duct Tape that works great on light leaks.

SirSteely

Looking good SS...:tiphat:

Light leaks are blamed for Herms in most cases but I do not buy that and think Herms are more genetics then any thing...

If light leaks caused Herms then every outdoor grow would be subject to Herms as there is no way to get pitch black and light pollution is every where...

Two of my cabs I leave open during bloom and although I try to make it as dark as possible some light gets in but has not caused any problems with the Strains I'm growing...

Home Depot has some Alum Duct Tape that works great on light leaks.

Thanks for the input ZZ. I feel better. I wasnt worried about the light leaks too much. The ladies seem to be thirsty everyday and I wonder if its low humidity or fan blowing to hard on them. I dont have any humidty gauges yet. Maybe they are just greedy drinkers .

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
just finished a t5 with a couple greenhouse chemdogs it was impressive for a four bulb t5 in soiless mix and 3 part gh

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Everything looking pretty good here(I think) Im at day 21 of flower and nothing to compare to what Ive got going on so far. Did wake up to a hammering sound coming out of my growrooom.Had to go in while lights were out because the fan was stuck in one spot and clicking loudly.ActiveAir fans not as sturdy as the company claims.Discovered several pinholes of light were leaking in window covering.Seems the airpressure when exhaust on pulled out a few staples from my blackout plastic. So anyone want to tell me if those pinholes hurt me?
Thanks for the interest.

I do not have the experience that ZZ has.... however, I raised two AK47s in a 'booth' in my bedroom. Mostly dark during the day, but not completely. I had a flap on the front to help keep the light out. Being a bit of a space case the flap often did not get lowered. No problems.

So I guess I'd have to go with the genetics as well. Anyway the SS AK47 from F2 seeds didn't seem to mind at all. ??????

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
must say pretty impressive grows under t5's... we veg under 14 4' t5's (an 8bulb and 6bulb fixture).. we tried flowering under em a few grows ago, but got ansy as the growth was slower then in our 3000w flower room... mite try it again..

jede3

ZZTOPS, damn you ARE killing it! I gotta ask you a few questions, because your T5 setup is truly awesome! I finally upgraded to an 8 bulb T5 like yours and would like to emulate your setup as close as possible. My current grow (and very first) is almost done, and I'm looking to rework the entire thing. I'm currently using two gallon hempy buckets with the Lucas formula, and it has been a real headache for me.

What kind of soil/medium are you using? Nutrient line? If I could pull two plants per cycle that look even remotely comparable to yours I would be a happy camper.

ZZTops

Veteran
Hi Jede3...

Look back at page 5 and I give that info, very simple and almost 100% organic...

What problems are you having with the hempy buckets...?

jede3

Alright, thanks for the info! I'm going to try and go organic soil next round so this helps.

I don't really know what my problem is with the Hempy's. This is my first grow so it's all an experiment at this point, but I think my main problem is the reservoir isn't getting replenished enough. Two of the plants drink through their res no problem, but the other two don't really ever drain theirs, and even though I drain to waste they seem to have some algae/slime buildup. So now, I have fungus gnats, I also had spider mites, and I burnt them all with one heavy feeding and now they all seem to have some major nute deficiency.

Basically my problems stem from being a total greenhorn at this. I need something a little more foolproof for my dumbass!

SirSteely

Update:Week 4 Bloom

Update:Week 4 Bloom

Day 28 of flower cycle and al is OK. I had one that went Herm on me ,the HazyOg.I spotted a male flower early but in my noobness thought it was a foxtailing flower. It opened and all the lower flowers seeded. I pulled the whole thing using it to practise curing. I wiped everything down and have seen no other effects 5 days later.

I finally worked then into full doses of the nute sytem.(556ppm)Using DynaGro nutes.They also like watering everyday, using nutes everyother day. Was wondering since Im using less intense lights if my flowering time should be extended a week from the recommended flowering time? I dont want to cut out nutes too soon, and I want to make sure I harvest only when its ready.
Ideas , suggestions and comments welcomed.

Attachments

• GodsGiftFL28.jpg
    GodsGiftFL28.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 14
  • BubbaUrkleFL28.jpg
    BubbaUrkleFL28.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 15
  • GardenFL28a.jpg
    GardenFL28a.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 16
  • GardeFL28.jpg
    GardeFL28.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 16
  • FL28a.jpg
    FL28a.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 13

four20puppy

HTC_Driod_Shots_2011_through_2013_Feb_28_394.jpg

This is the best of the bunch under 2 4' 4 tube T5's Northern Light Blue. I added two 30W Kessil 150 Reds in late Dec early Jan. She got 73 days of 12/12 I like a litle more amber to my trycs...

HTC_Driod_Shots_2011_through_2013_Feb_28_327.jpg

This is the grow room with my plants 3 or weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator: