What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Swazi Rooibaard (landrace sativa) in coco under MH FC-E6500 led

goingrey

LOL..zap...

Not sure what the "ptg" sample is or from, but if from a pre modern (2010's) era swazi hybrid from the fields, then this will correlate with what I've been told by those a degree removed, is that late to mid 80's to 90's dutch skunk was introduced to the area and maybe thats why the swazi as we knew it was always a monster compared to its cousins from close but far geographical regions like mozambique, natal (durban) or transkei...? Pure speculation here..
Probably same as Cannabiogen Sudafrica, from its description: Originally from South Africa, from bagseeds supposedly from Swaziland and worked by friends the old Vibes Collective forum (Panta/ptg)

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I for sure belive that is mostly BS, and also I am in Europe so no ideea if it's even available. To me this looks and smokes as good as the legends I find on the internet about the oldschool swazi red that everyone suposedly still looking for online. I mean even if its not the pure original, must be close, man! Hope the pics later in flower will show the beauty as it deserves.

funkyhorse

LOL..zap...

Not sure what the "ptg" sample is or from, but if from a pre modern (2010's) era swazi hybrid from the fields, then this will correlate with what I've been told by those a degree removed, is that late to mid 80's to 90's dutch skunk was introduced to the area and maybe thats why the swazi as we knew it was always a monster compared to its cousins from close but far geographical regions like mozambique, natal (durban) or transkei...? Pure speculation here..
@Pepé The Grower
Master Pepé, can you tell us something about the origins of the Swazi PTG?
Merci Beacoup and have a nice day

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello! Small text update (stoner me missed light on for pics). But pics will come soon.
So, male tops got crazy during the last day, including some that have passed past the lights with a good 30-40 cm before opening.
And sex is happening, they getting freaky in there!! The lower 1/3 of the floral clusters are opened on most tops, plan is to now take the males out, while spreading some more pollen from all of them over the females, to ensure full pollination at this point. I will then leave them 1-2 more days for pollination to have all chances and then I will apply a foliar spray to inactivate whatever loose pollen is left. Females I hope to have tied down and secured to about 2/3 or 3/4 of the height the canopy is now, with more buds densely packed around the sweetspot distance from the light for efficiency.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Ok I took some pics but they are quick snaps with phone. I promise better camera pics in late flower, tho. For now just I want to show canopy before taking males out.
4166.jpg
4165.jpg
4164.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Ok, i taken out 2 medium sized males and a very big one, so big and stretched over that I was counting that as 2 males in separate pots before going into the canopy to look for them.
I also took out a plant that germed like 1month later then the others and had no chance to pass canopy. Not even showed sex by now. And I cleaned 25-30 cm on the underside for better air circulation under the canopy on all females.
Total vegetal matter taken out at this pruning session, 1.5 - 2 buckets of it. Just the big male (back-right) was almost half of that!
I managed to tie them back quite a bit, but also hadto raise them so I could fit a bigger runoff reservoir under them, so I could still be tight with the headspace in the tent if stretch doesn't stop very soon.
I got a nice 7 females in 4 pots, the one left alone is quite small, the monster male had her into submission. But I am sure the others will be happy to fill in that newfound space! The other 6 are nicely put 2 in each pot, with one being a bit bigger than the other. But close enaugh to be a fair competition!
Hope I manage to keep the plants fed and watered till the end, the sheer size of the plants scare me a bit, I never had them so big inside. The male I took out this grow was bigger and more bushy than my previous plants at harvest.
Anyway, see you around with more details and updates. I will post pics of canopy after the tidy up in 1-2 days, to give them time to rearange the canopy and show their leaves and tops to the light.

shiva82

great thread. a friend of made some malawi red crosses some years ago. great parent to use. i grew out his swazi x sweetpinkgrapefuits and called my keeper swazi pink . was beautiful on reflection

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you for coming in! Sure, plans are underway to get some crosses done in the near to mid future. And I will also try to germ all the crosses I got already made with it. I got some nice gems from dj short crossed to it, and some nice monster hybrids i liked over the years as well i crossed to it as well. Hope to get to see the results from all those crosses sometimes in the future.

Tangwena

Veteran
Thank you for coming in! Sure, plans are underway to get some crosses done in the near to mid future. And I will also try to germ all the crosses I got already made with it. I got some nice gems from dj short crossed to it, and some nice monster hybrids i liked over the years as well i crossed to it as well. Hope to get to see the results from all those crosses sometimes in the future.
Swazi is a great plant for its super energy high.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
While cleaning the pruned plant matter i discovered the stems of the big male were already lignified up to 20-25 cm over the coco, which is nice for a plant 2 months old. It also had the nicest smell, a mix of sandalwood and ripe peach. The smell and resin somehow got more powerful and sticky after a few hours since cutting them, after handling all the leaves and stems to make them smaller bits to compost easier I had my fingers sticking one to another just like when handling buds & trim!
Anyway, can't wait to see them further in flower! This is crazy!!!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Swazi is a great plant for its super energy high.
No lie! It's the reason I love it! For the short flower it has, it's very close to the clear uplifting effect of a 100% pure haze. I would say it has 5% or less body high, if compared to a 18 weeker O.haze I grew. At just 12.5 weeks of flower, and I think better yeld and much better looking buds, I fell in love! Plus some other story that happened on this wonderful weed that I can't share here in public. I can just say it attests to it's powerful heady and uplifting high, in it's purest form!
Also, not many buds are helpful when it comes to sexy time, this so powerful it can start sexy time even before you got a partener! Truly a great weed to enjoy with a partner and a nice glass of merlot. Just like it's origins, it may lead to wild things. :muahaha:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Took some pics last night but was too high to post them and when I checked this morning the pics were all out of focus, so I must have been flying when taking them. My hazey eyes liked them at that time, lol!
And, just like that, I must anounce I found one more female, we got 8, not 7 fems, as I said before. There are 3 of them in one of the pots I was seing as just 2 plants. Imagine being so high u can't count 3 plants in a fking pot while sexing/pruning/tieng the plants. Sometimes I amaze myself!
I will try for pics again later, now I can just tell you they receiving still just 1.5 EC, and seems to be ok like that.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Not my best pics but they gonna need to do for now. I need to search for the camera sometimes soon.
Anyway!! Pregnant Swazi's!
4252.jpg
4253.jpg
4254.jpg
4255.jpg
4256.jpg
4257.jpg

The heat has started to make them show Mg def. Other than that, going ok. I do need to go at leveling the canopy again, tho, I was expecting more stretch to help me fix canopy height pretty even by supercropping and tieng (lst), but stretch magically stopped. I guess those forming seeds need the energy, for now!
See you, guys and gals! :wave:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I am also seeing some slight Ca def in new growth so I will up EC by 0.1, to around 1.6 mS.
It's crazy how many of the old fan leaves I took out till now, and there are some to take out still.
Also, I probably overdid the pollination, I mean fo' sure, thousands of seeds in there to say at least. Could get to be over 10 k in the end. "Save the Swazi!", right? Hope there will be something for me to puff on as well!
Now, let's chill! I want to hear more coments and opinions from you guys. I am so high lately that I might miss things (More like guaranteed to happen!). You can even come in to say hi, seems like we need some activity in this thread. :wave:
Thank you everyone for checking my thread!

Tangwena

Veteran
You asked for it ha ha.
I remember going to the supermarket after I chewed some Swazi cob a few years ago, it was trippy looking into peoples eyes. I felt like I could get right inside their head and understand them better than they understood themselves ha ha.
Walking across the car park my legs were wanting to go a different way to my upper body it was awesome I felt like I was wearing a golden mask.
One of those Egyptian gods, called Anubis with the head of a Jackal ha ha Trippy weed.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
No worry, man! Swazi stories are at home in this thread!
But.. did you get what you needed at the shop? I usually go off script when shopping high so I end up buying whole shop, but I usually forget some of the things I really needed.

Cvh

Supermod
It's looking like a real jungle there. :plant grow::canabis:

I'm looking green with envy myself. Been looking quite some time for some Swazi seeds but I haven't found any yet.

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
No worry, man! Swazi stories are at home in this thread!
But.. did you get what you needed at the shop? I usually go off script when shopping high so I end up buying whole shop, but I usually forget some of the things I really needed.
Funny you should ask ha ha.
As I was leaving the store I was at the check out and the young girl (at least to me ha ha) locked eyes with me and I could tell she wanted to get high. We both knew it and it was a beautiful moment.
As I left the store still spinning out from the "moment" with the checkout girl. I was greeted by a man in a Santa Clause costume.
It being nearly Christmas and all, our eyes met and it was all I could do not to take him out back for a joint ha ha.
He knew I was high and boy did he want to get high too ha ha.
The moral of this story is dont go to the store high on Swazi wearing a gold mask of Anubis ha ha

Latest posts

Latest posts