What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Swazi Rooibaard (landrace sativa) in coco under MH FC-E6500 led

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello again,
After the good results I had in my last small test in coco, I want to do it again. I had some beans of Swazi Rooibaard that are getting old so I wanted to make more of them too, and also have some more of the swazi bud to enjoy, so that is what we are growing this time, and we'll have some kind of more or less controlled pollination happening as well.
Pots are 20 liter size mars hydro felt type growbags.
Light will be a Mars Hydro FC-E6500, 730W model it says on the box, but given summer is coming we will use it for efficiency and most probably won't reach full power during this round. I am trying to grow as efficiently as possible so using airconditioning to cool plants doesn't fit my style, and is not sustenable in todays energy crysis. The light will be dimmed to allow my DIY VPD controller to mantain a proper environment for best use of that light. I may even DIY an integrated auto dimming feature to do that on auto till the end of this grow, but I ain't promising anything.
Tent will be a Mars Hydro - 150x150x200 cm.
For now they are in my old tent (100x100) and under a Mars Hydro FC3000 (300w) dimmed down to 10-20% kept at less than 15 cm away.
Some pics during the transplant to the big pots:
(keep in mind they been fed shitty nutes (basil plant food mix) and kept under a 10W led floodlight with my hydro basil till yesterday. they will look better soon!)
P1 = heathy roots:
P1_3252x2455.JPG

P2 = just potted up:
P2_2325x1838.JPG

P3= chillin':
P3_3526x2492.JPG

P4 = still chillin', waiting to get watered some proper nutes:
P4_3564x2439.JPG

P5 = lots of culling happened before now, even now at transplant stage:
P5_3138x2029.JPG

P6 = now hopeful for better times, after receiving first proper feed, PH6 and EC1.2:
P6_2835x2613.JPG

Take a seat and join me on this adventure! :wave:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
@highfidelity
Well, I was never thinking it has enaugh Ca and Mg for these hungry little girls. It's just what I had on hand. They will get better for sure. I just prefered to have the advance of having them germed and ready when I needed them as oposed to only start this now when I got to them, you know? Forgot to say they were also almost touching that floodlight! So the VPD in the tent now must be like 10 times better than it was for them before, till yesterday! :D

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
@zaprjaques
Thank you! Make yourself confortable!

@goingrey
Yes, that's the original source from the story I know. But it been a long while ago! I made 2 runs of beans over the years since I got them. I can only tell you it seems to breed true, as you would expect from a landrace.

Some extra info on the coco:
Pots have been filled up to half with reused coco coir from last grow. The top half is fresh coco coir with vermiculite mixed in at 10-15% of total.

bibi40

For sure i take a seat bro !
FC6500 in 1,5m2 is my actual dream ;)

and seeing what you do with the rooibaard before ,
will be a very high thread for sure :D

i'm sure they will be more whales in the ocean after that :smoky:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
For sure i take a seat bro !
FC6500 in 1,5m2 is my actual dream ;)

and seeing what you do with the rooibaard before ,
will be a very high thread for sure :D

i'm sure they will be more whales in the ocean after that :smoky:
You are high, man! 150 x 150 is not 1.5 sq meters.
Thank you for the nice words! Can't wait to see some nice bud action in here!

ZOnaVerde

Veteran
Have you tried growbags before?
The deficiencies are smaller in a large pot because they are easier to control, the resources in the soil are more, but you don't have to walk on a coconut.

I don't know if I missed the information, but how big is the box?
Do you want to track the consumption of electricity, water and nutrients?
The information is welcome and we look forward to seeing you!

I have a visual image with the final result :joint:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Tent will be a Mars Hydro - 150x150x200 cm.
For now they are in my old tent (100x100) and under a Mars Hydro FC3000 (300w) dimmed down to 10-20% kept at less than 15 cm away.
Hello! All info on size is in first post. I didn't used growbags before but seem ok so far. I usually track those details, but have yet to develop a system to use the data for further improvement.
The information is welcome and we look forward to seeing you!

Who is "we"? Do I have a fanclub or something? :confused:
Thank you for the visit! :wave:

Last edited:

bibi40

You are high, man! 150 x 150 is not 1.5 sq meters.
Thank you for the nice words! Can't wait to see some nice bud action in here!
No i was stone !
impossible calcul with the indica puch :cool:

but hell , *
its 2,25m2 of good whales buds comin'

:ROFLMAO:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Sorry for the pic quality, a quick snap, a bit overexposed, but I prefer to show how its going.
Some have been topped already after node 3/4.
They still get 1.2 EC to runoff everyday. Water used and evaporated at this stage: about 3 liters per day. Runoff, an extra 5-10%.
noexif_fg45jh6.jpg

Last edited: