What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Swazi Rooibaard (landrace sativa) in coco under MH FC-E6500 led

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
That is quite the jungle you have. It reminds me of my tent-filling Dr. Grinspoon grow. :rasta: What is your light cycle? As Tangwena mentioned above, reduce your lights on to encourage it.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah, I am at 9H on curently. I have taken advice from the experienced guys much more seriously lately since I understood I am way out of the usual swazi experience that I used to get under floros, cfl's, small HPS bulbs or burple leds. This certainly needs a revisit in better conditions, I would hopefully do it totally different now understanding what I am in for before starting it. I must say it again, that some of the guys in here spreading advice or just some nice words helped a lot at times!
Thank you for checking my thread, brothers!

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I hear you. My Dr G grow was a huge education for me as well. When I finally gave in, I was at 191 grow days in week 24 of flower. The stalks that I supercropped to fit in the tent were gradually drying up and dying slowly at the bend, so I chopped. I threw out over half a pound and even then I had to buy a couple of cases of jars to accommodate the over 700 grams of immature flower that I ended up with. But . . . everybody that has sampled it really liked the buzz and it made a great wake & bake bubble hash that I still dip into all of the time.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
That must be a diferent kind of monster man, this swazi was killer before at 12 to 13.5 weeks under less intense light, I usually harvested when pistils were all orage and a bit dried up and trichimes around 5% amber. Now, i was thinking they were just delayed a few weeks. Then you guys come and tell me there might be a lot more to wait. It's certainly surprising to me and I would love to hear more on it. I can leave them more, but for sure not many months from now on.
As you say, the yeld seems to not suffer, given the much less than perfect conditions they been through, some of tops, even secondary ones are leaning down from the weight already. Those are the ones I plan to keep for smoking, the rest might get to be either oil or hash. just hope the taste and quality will be there till I get to go ninja warrior on them plants.
One can only hope, right? Peace and puffs! :joint:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
News flash, I did a bit of reading back and I dabbled with finger math a bit, turns out we are UNDER 10 and a half weeks into flowering, so.. dunno, just forget the stoner me saying they are behind. Even if that's the case it would hopefully not be by much. 3 weeks more would still be in time for it. Guess we gonna see what happens!

Tangwena

Veteran
About how long would that mean, brother? @Tangwena
I dont count weeks but there are no faded pistils yet this surge of flowers needs to fade before the next burst of white pistils after that fades will come another burst ect.
After 3 bursts the original burst will be matured enough I would also reduce lights on or it will keep flowering.
I gradually reduce time on down to 9 or 10 hours so the plant hurries up or it will keep growing and never switch off.
In terms of weeks each surge comes every 2nd or 3rd week so 4 to 6 weeks still to go.
If you pick them early you never get to wear the gold mask of Anubis and you really will want that experience ha ha.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Well, that isn't as far as I thought you gonna say, so I might be able to let them finish even if that's the case. NowI get it. What you are describing is probably same shit that makes me say swazi is a late packer. Also, I think they might be already in the middle of second push, cause I do have the base of the main buds that looks almost ready, seeds started to fall since weeks ago, while the stretch that happened more recent is totally white hairs. Will watch them from now on, see how it goes. I already put them at 9 hours of light so there is no turning back on that. We'll see if that makes them faster. I guess it will take anything upwards of 3weeks more to finish. So, in about 2 weeks I will start looking at the trichomes as well.
Thank you for the guidance, @Tangwena !

BTW, i just checked and they are again in full stretch, there's a branch that was at least 15 cm from the leds 1-2days ago, and today it is at least 10 cm over them!! I am thinking I need to go in soon and clean them a bit, retie some branches, since there seems to be more stretch to come.

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Well, could be, maybe that is the reason we could see a bit a delay compared to the usual 13.5 weeks max flowering cycle. By now seeds are done and most of the are already detached from the plant, just kept in there by the drying calaxy, even when opening the tent zipper I hear some falling from the subtle movement. Seems like this is the perfect time to get upclose with them, harvest some seeds and retie the branches nicer so they all get better lighting. So that's the plan for now. Lots of leaves dried from past EC problems and heat/dryness so I will clean those in the back that I could not reach as well.
See you guys soon!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you! I can try that. I did it before, but for sure they can handle less from now on. I also plan a nice flush for some weeks at the end. But I guess there's still some time to go till I start the flush.. :joint:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Heya man! Thank you for checking on my grow! I was gonna update you guys on it soon, so I can do it now, since you asked.

Seeds are ready, but plants were so stressed they didn't progressed much in the last weeks, so I took the decision to not use the seeds. Better be safe than have doubts.
Since I still have enaugh of the original ones i used to start this grow and they still seem to germ right, I will do it proper with better planning and ofc in the cold season. I already took some of the undergrowth to test making QWETH extract and I found out it does the job wonderfully. That being said, will try to post some pics I took during the last weeks, and maybe some from after harvest as well, plants look a bit bad (fan leaves burned), except for 2 plants that were better from the start, that have some tops which could be good smoking, the rest will go to extract and/or hashmaking. Plants are on a water only diet for at least a week by now, and end is near.
I know quite well how i got here by now, the biggest mistake was being too high for the plants good, ALL THE TIME! I can't change anything now, since they won't progress further, even if colder weather has come and I managed to get the EC and PH in check for a while. I am just happy they work as an extract, so this is not a total loss.
See you guys soon with the pics. :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts