What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Congo

Mountainkush

Those all look great and can’t wait to hear how they smoke. I’ve really missed this stuff ever since my jars ran dry so it’s going on the short list for next grow.
That #2 just looks incredible.

OZZ_

Veteran
Bad ass!
I can’t wait to flip mine. Next week.

Hell yeah man! Can’t wait to see yours as well, definitely keep us updated!

Those all look great and can’t wait to hear how they smoke. I’ve really missed this stuff ever since my jars ran dry so it’s going on the short list for next grow.
That #2 just looks incredible.

She really is a show stopper…. They are all pretty equal in terms of terp loudness and yields…. So really it will come down to the smoke tests and resin production which clearly #2 is the winner there, I’ll probably start sampling them after about a months cure but will let them get to that magic three months of cure point before making any final determinations :dance013:

OZZ_

Veteran
Mama mia @OZZ_ :yummy: this one and Zamaldelica are perfect stash for summer time! Can't wait for the smoke reports. :thank you: for the frequent updates, marvelous growing skills, kindness and spectacular pictures.

Thanks Dubi! Thank you guys for putting out such interesting lines…. I’m having an absolute blast hunting through them 🤘🤘

For the love of God ! :hide: :bow: o_O💕
Everybody else should just stop growing and walk away after seeing these OZZ Flowers

HA! Omg please no…. What a boring place it would be and I already talk to myself to much as it is 😆😆😆

I appreciate the huge compliment though man making me blush over here lol

This cross is a winner if you guys haven’t grabbed packs yet you definitely should do so imo 🤙🤙🤙

Cactus Squatter

Flipped on 8/01. A solid week ahead of Bangi x A5 as well as Super Panama Haze. #1 is outdoors.

#2, the shortest, tightest node plant.
IMG_8422.jpeg

IMG_8423.jpeg

IMG_8424.jpeg

Super easy to grow so far.

Cactus Squatter

The outdoor one.
I’ve been letting her go without any pruning but unfortunately today when I looked she is visible above my fence line through the shade screen, so she’s getting a haircut tonight. I wanted to let that main cola go but oh well.

She’s handling the scorching temps really well and is just barely starting to show a random pistil here and there. Off the top of the bag she’s around 7.5ft tall currently.
IMG_8428.jpeg

IMG_8429.jpeg

Please ignore my tomato and onion plant graveyard in the background. Our temps murdered everything else and I haven’t had time to clean out the corpses. That hopefully happens tomorrow morning. Time to plant some more food anyways

OZZ_

Veteran
Flipped on 8/01. A solid week ahead of Bangi x A5 as well as Super Panama Haze. #1 is outdoors.

#2, the shortest, tightest node plant.
View attachment 18878085

View attachment 18878086
View attachment 18878087

Super easy to grow so far.
The outdoor one.
I’ve been letting her go without any pruning but unfortunately today when I looked she is visible above my fence line through the shade screen, so she’s getting a haircut tonight. I wanted to let that main cola go but oh well.

She’s handling the scorching temps really well and is just barely starting to show a random pistil here and there. Off the top of the bag she’s around 7.5ft tall currently.
View attachment 18878397
View attachment 18878398

Please ignore my tomato and onion plant graveyard in the background. Our temps murdered everything else and I haven’t had time to clean out the corpses. That hopefully happens tomorrow morning. Time to plant some more food anyways

Beautiful! Rock on cactus 🤘🤘🤘

OZZ_

Veteran
Alright! This weekend I finally had a chance to start sampling the Super Congos.

They now have 6 weeks cure on them and I started by sampling Super Congo #1…. Which was one of the phenos taking after the Congolese mother.

It smells lovely when you crack the jar. Pretty loud for such genetics. Terps are still hard for me to pinpoint but I’m getting pine with some sort of sharp piercing notes to it with a bit of a funk. Maybe garlic or onion.

**edit … the more I sniff test the more it reminds me of onion…. With the sharp piercing notes onion can give sometimes that almost gives a sting to your nostrils **

The flowers are of medium density but with an airy exterior sporting mild foxtails, coated in fine granular Trichs …. Very nice examples of top quality sativa flower.

The effect is exactly what I had hoped for. Good potency, energetic with no real comedown to speak of that I noticed anyway. Definitely stimulating and was great for encouraging conversation around the campfire.

Well done on this one @dubi this has the potential to be my favorite Sativa smoke yet from you guys. 🤘🤘🤘

More testing is needed before deciding on the winning pheno, as I have 3 more plants to go.

IMG_9430.jpeg

IMG_9431.jpeg

IMG_9432.jpeg

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to hear you rate the new Super Congo up there with the best from us OZZ_ :)
Curious to know about the other females and which expression/s do you like the most now they must be starting to shine with the curing.

How are your outdoor and indoor Super Congo girls doing @Cactus Squatter ? :D
Did you already harvest your 4 indoor girls ? Love the pure sativa structure of the outdoor one.

Cactus Squatter

Glad to hear you rate the new Super Congo up there with the best from us OZZ_ :)
Curious to know about the other females and which expression/s do you like the most now they must be starting to shine with the curing.

Did you already harvest your 4 indoor girls ? Love the pure sativa structure of the outdoor one.
The indoors are just around 8 weeks currently. 2 of them are doing really well, more on the Congo side of things. The 3rd is more on the Bangi side, looks really good and super close to done but unfortunately throws some nanners here and there all throughout flower. The two that are doing well look about 3 weeks from finishing still.
My outdoor girl is doing alright. Didn’t like the last heatwave and heavy wind we had but is still trucking along and starting to really flower heavily.

OZZ_

Veteran

I’ve slowly been testing through them but as of now #1 and #4 are similar in effects. The super silver #2 is not surprisingly the most potent but also has a bit more heaviness or density to the high. #3 is somewhere in the middle. I held back #1 and #2 for another run at some point. 🤘🤘🤘

Cactus Squatter

Hey @OZZ_ I happened to sample the dried larf leftover on one of the plants after I dried and trimmed them, not sure which one it was but it was the most energetic, music enhancing and yet comfortable and soft highs ever, like a warm blanket out of the dryer. It just made music feel like it was a vapor flowing through me and just pulsing everywhere. I’m really hoping that caries over with a cure and that it’s the one I still have a clone of.

It was one of the shorter more Bangi leaning girls with the denser flowers. Have you happened to get into one of yours that felt like that at all?
I just cut the taller, longer flowering one last night so I know it wasn’t one of the fluffier looking phenos.

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey @OZZ_ I happened to sample the dried larf leftover on one of the plants after I dried and trimmed them, not sure which one it was but it was the most energetic, music enhancing and yet comfortable and soft highs ever, like a warm blanket out of the dryer. It just made music feel like it was a vapor flowing through me and just pulsing everywhere. I’m really hoping that caries over with a cure and that it’s the one I still have a clone of.

It was one of the shorter more Bangi leaning girls with the denser flowers. Have you happened to get into one of yours that felt like that at all?
I just cut the taller, longer flowering one last night so I know it wasn’t one of the fluffier looking phenos.

I think my super silver #2 pheno might be similar in terms of effects, but I did notice it was a bit heavier on the comedown than the more airy bud structured plants…. Although #2 was much more potent too!

OZZ_

Veteran
Last night I had a nice vape session with Super Congo #1, it’s now had about 4.5 months of cure. This pheno was one of the more Congolese leaning plants with less dense floral structures.

Wowza …. It was energetic before but last nights session was straight electric! Super electric buzz all throughout my body, borderline racy…. I really really love weed like This. Very stimulant effect.

We were watching a movie at the time and it was nearly hard to sit still and watch it, although not quite over the edge to where I had to get up and start doing things but it was right to that point.

Very wonderful stuff, last nice session confirmed Super Congo #1 as my keeper pheno from the grow, edging out the more beautiful silver #2 pheno with better bag appeal, that is not nearly as stimulating.

#1 will take a place alongside my other ACE keepers in the mother tent and I’ll need to pencil her in for another grow at some point.

I’ve been growing and sampling lots of pretty hybrids lately, while the flower itself is obviously not as pretty….. the difference in effect was like night and day. Just wonderfully electric! Waves of electricity flowing throughout my body down to my toes and fingertips.

⚡️️⚡️ Bzzzzz bzzzzzz bzz bzz bzzzzzzzzz ⚡⚡

IMG_0453.jpeg

IMG_0458.jpeg

Last edited: