What's new

Super Congo

OZZ_

Veteran
Day 37….. I seem to have gotten the yellowing under control and have settled on a 2x per day irrigation frequency. I’ll need more practice with the new drip system but as it sits I’m at 2x a day waterings spaced 8 hours apart during lights on.

1.75 EC 5.9-6.0 PH 80F deg 45% RH

Still slight yellowing on the lowers but it has mostly stalled or slowed considerably and the tips are warning me not to go higher on EC. If these were hybrids I’d easily just bump EC and call it a day but all things considered being these are satties Im going to leave them be. They are swelling and plumping up properly and losing a lower fan here or there isn’t the end of the world. I’m already at 1.75 EC I’m not going higher on this first run with a new strain in a new method of growing Ive never used before.

IMG_8561.jpeg

IMG_8562.jpeg

IMG_8563.jpeg

OZZ_

Veteran
Super Congo #2

I’m watching this gal very closely, she’s the tallest of the bunch and has amazing resin when compared to the others, this girl is already pushing out the Trichs and it’s only day 47. @dubi any idea how long these girls might flower for? I’m thinking 10-11 weeks by the looks of them, does that seem right?

IMG_8698.jpeg

IMG_8701.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
wow :smoke: really impressive sativa dom flowers on your Super Congos after just 47 days since the flip, well done!
Love it, they all look like the pure sativa mother boosted on steroids, i wish i could be there to smell and evaluate each one in detail!

So glad you already found the resin queen from the lot :D Now they are ripening, what about their terpenes ? Uniform for all of them or did you find any outsider going away from the earthy, sweet, earthy, floral terpenes of the mother ? Yeah, this F1 finishes 1-2 weeks ahead than straight landrace mother, that is 10-11 weeks approx.

Can't wait for more hehehehhe

OZZ_

Veteran
wow :smoke: really impressive sativa dom flowers on your Super Congos after just 47 days since the flip, well done!
Love it, they all look like the pure sativa mother boosted on steroids, i wish i could be there to smell and evaluate each one in detail!

So glad you already found the resin queen from the lot :D Now they are ripening, what about their terpenes ? Uniform for all of them or did you find any outsider going away from the earthy, sweet, earthy, floral terpenes of the mother ? Yeah, this F1 finishes 1-2 weeks ahead than straight landrace mother, that is 10-11 weeks approx.

Can't wait for more hehehehhe

The funky smells from early on are gone now…. And what is here now is very “fresh” smelling. They smell very nice but now that the scent profile has changed on them I need to get in there and make another attempt at identifying them. It’s bright and fresh smelling that’s for sure. I’ll try to do another round of profiling in the next few days 🤘🤘🤘

I had to get in there and stale up the others branches as well as they were all starting to flip over. :dance013: :headbange

Very much looking forward to sampling these ladies!!

EnjoyingLife

As @Cactus Squatter correctly pointed, some Bangi Haze phenos can produce funky organic smells, especially those closer to Bangi Haze mother #25 (our BH mother with highest trepene content), which was reversed to pollinate pure Congolese mother and produce this new Congolese hybrid. The Congolese mother has woody-sweet-floral terpenes.
Can you try to explain these organic funky smells please? I ask because I have a Bangi going and some of the smells I get are... peculiar.

I'll explain more after you respond, I don't want to put anything in your mind.

OZZ_

Veteran
Stunning colas Ozz, can't wait for the finish.
Seems like they're pretty fast, with your awesome grow you got me very interested in these seeds :)
They remind me a bit of my favorite Pangi pheno.

Cheers

Stunning colas Ozz, can't wait for the finish.
Seems like they're pretty fast, with your awesome grow you got me very interested in these seeds :)
They remind me a bit of my favorite Pangi pheno.

Cheers

Thanks Koon! Minus the little bit of curling and yellowing early on while I was still getting a feel for the new drip system, they have been pretty easy to grow pretty much on autopilot. I just keep the res filled and adjusted to correct EC and PH and let the timer water twice a day to around 10-20% runoff. They’ve mostly taken care of themselves after I figured out their needs. Which by the way I’m starting to scale back on EC now that we are heading towards the finish but the gals have eaten up to 1.85 EC with minimal tip burn. They clawed very early saying it was too much nitrogen but yet they also were yellowing and consuming their lowers until I upped N and overall EC as well. Once I increased nitrogen and upped EV to the 1.7+ range the yellowing stopped and clawing never did get worse so I think they were just sending a little mixed signals.

We are out of town at the moment but heading back today, I’ll work on identifying their scent profiles better and get some up close cola shots of them all, not just #2

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Can you try to explain these organic funky smells please? I ask because I have a Bangi going and some of the smells I get are... peculiar.

I'll explain more after you respond, I don't want to put anything in your mind.

Glad you are @EnjoyingLife :) Some Bangi Hazes have organic-veggie type of terpene profiles. Please share your comments/experience in the Bangi Haze thread if you feel like:

OZZ_

Veteran
Man you guys…. I Peeked in on the super Congos this morning before I headed out the door for work …. WOW ….. all I can say…. That #2 is just absolutely silver compared to the others …. Just shiny silver spears of resin. An amazing pheno I’m super excited to see how she smokes. Will get updates soon 🤘🤘🤘

OZZ_

Veteran
Here’s a few teaser pics for comparison but I’ll get pics of each plant tonight

Here’s súper congo #1 ….. this is very similar to what the other #3 and #4 plants look like although #3 has a little more resin.

IMG_8786.jpeg

Here’s súper congo #2 …. She presents with mini swollen calyxes and is just completely shiny with silver resins giving her a washed out silver look to her when compared to the others. Better flower to leaf ratio too. She appears to be faster than the others too. I’m going to try to get her to ten weeks, and maybe 11 on the others. These pics were taken at 8 weeks

IMG_8793.jpeg

Maria Sanchez

Here’s súper congo #2 …. She presents with mini swollen calyxes and is just completely shiny with silver resins giving her a washed out silver look to her when compared to the others. Better flower to leaf ratio too. She appears to be faster than the others too. I’m going to try to get her to ten weeks, and maybe 11 on the others. These pics were taken at 8 weeks

View attachment 18862538

Better put a ring on this lady! :dancer: