What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Congo

OZZ_

Veteran
6 Super Congo hit the dirt (coco) today! I’m very excited for these having never tried either the Bangi Haze as of yet, or any congélese lines.

When I saw these in the R&D section I had to order them right away.

I’ll update these guys as we go along! Very very excited for these, in fact I bumped these in front of the Ethiopian x Zamaldelica that I had previously planned on running next.

Description from the R&D section:

Our long flowering pure Congo mother with more potente energetic effects, pollinated by our latest generation most terpy Bangi Haze. F1 hybrid very dominant Congolese sativa genetics. Very vigorous, branched and productive sativa dominant. Very powerful, cerebral and energetic effects. Bulky flowers of an extraordinary flower/leaf ratio. An excellent choice for pure sativa lovers looking for a more intense Congolese sativa-influenced version of our classic Bangi Haze.

F94BD27E-3FF2-4A70-A544-8620ECB26CA8.jpeg

Thanks to Dubi and the ACE crew for always offering such interesting offerings 🔥🔥🔥

OZZ_

Veteran
Stoked to watch you proceed and will have 3-4 of them hitting the dirt in august.

Thanks Cactus hope all is well up north! The slowest plant currently in the tent I will run these in has maybe another 4 weeks to go but I do plan on letting these sexually mature then get clones taken off of them and will run the clones. I have no idea what to expect on stretch …. how tropical they are or well behaved. Anyone have any idea on how well behaved these are or are not??? @dubi any guidance here would be greatly appreciated 🤘🤘🤘

Can you go wrong with a name like that?

Damn skippy! My thoughts exactly. I’m popping 6 fem King Sherbs from in-house along side them to be ran in a separate tent. That would be one hell of a nice cross…. Congo King? King Congo? Haha :headbange:headbange

I think I’m just going to start crossing all the best hybrids I run to all the Sativas from ACE and stash all the seeds away like some schmorgasbord genetic treasure chest I can admire for decades 🤣🤣🤣

I do wish these were regs though so I could get a male and make some F2’s.

Im getting way ahead of myself though least I can do is let the little guys break ground first lmao

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks @OZZ for your interest on exploring this new and more dominant Congolese sativa hybrid ;)
It's the right choice for those who want to experience much more Congolese sativa and lesser indica traits than found in our classic Bangi Haze or Congo strains, yet that can be easily grown indoors.

Expect more stretching than with these 2 and lesser feeding requirements (especially with N), but can be easily flowered indoors under 12/12 without problems.

Good luck! :yes:

OZZ_

Veteran
Thanks @OZZ for your interest on exploring this new and more dominant Congolese sativa hybrid ;)
It's the right choice for those who want to experience much more Congolese sativa and lesser indica traits than found in our classic Bangi Haze or Congo strains, yet that can be easily grown indoors.

Expect more stretching than with these 2 and lesser feeding requirements (especially with N), but can be easily flowered indoors under 12/12 without problems.

Good luck! :yes:

Excellent! Thanks for the feedback! 5 out of 6 Super Congo are above ground and ready to start their journey 🤘🤘🤘

I’m not holding my breath on the lagging seed but you never know maybe it will break ground at a later date I’ll leave it set for another week

Super congo #1 has three leaflets emerging

E6FFA7D9-02EC-47D1-BF1F-1D1C2B260608.jpeg

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
I lost one Super Congo seedling so officially we are at 4 Super Congos to head into flowering as soon as my 4x2 opens up…. It should be in about 3 weeks I would guess

They are all fairly uniform so far, nice looking NLD seedlings and they have been transplanted into 1 liter pots :headbange :headbange :headbange

One appears trifoliate

7CA3AD8A-64F2-4D06-91D8-9DAAE31F2506.jpeg

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
don’t know if you guys were familiar with member Montuno ... Dubi knows him ,Anyway couple seasons prior he grew a mammoth Congo & have some pictures saved if you want to see them

I would love to see it! 👍

Is it related to the Congo ACE used in this cross by any chance? Either way I’d definitely like to see it, feel free to post them up in here 👊

OZZ_

Veteran

BADASS!

What a beast. Cant wait to see what these Super Congo produce. Loving the skinny leaves at a young age. They seem fairly vigorous too.

I havent decided yet if I’m going to run them in my 2 gallon autopots or put them in 1 gallon pots and hand water.

I’m running them in a 4x2 tent that’s 70” tall, I probably can allow them to get 5’ tall total …. including the pot

@dubi says they can be ran from 12/12 no problem and max feed around 1.5 EC during peak flowering

From that information, and based on how they visually look so NLD at such a young age I’m on the fence as to whether or not to play it safe and go in 1 gallon pots hand watered or roll the dice and go for the 2 gallon autopot system fed from the res.

I’ll probably just watch how they grow in veg and make the decision after they grow a bit more based on their morphology

Either way, this one is going to be a FUN grow!

***edited*** I think I’ve decided to go with the 1 gallon pots on this round, afterall it really is a small pheno hunt, just want to get a look at all the plants and get some smoke for sampling to pick a winner to add to the collection.

I’ll hand water initially, then rig up a simple pump on a timer and flood the tray as needed bottom feeding as necessary

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
Hi, this Super Congo release has nothing to do with other seedbank releases, all ACE genetics since the very start of our company. Yes, 1.5 ec in their peak of flowering production will be approx my recommendation for max feeding, good luck with the babies @OZZ_

Thanks Dubi ….the tent should be open in a few weeks and they will be getting transplanted then. :headbange

Latest posts

Latest posts