What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Congo

Mountainkush

Lovely this second one @Mountainkush :D beautifully grown and flowers of great flower/leaf ratio.
How long did she take to finish ? Glad the effects are also nice like the first one, enjoy!
Thanks Dubi

This one was grown with homemade soil and rain water. I’m really enjoying the switch to organic and the plants are enjoying too I think.

The last picture there was at 11 weeks and she was cut down at 12 weeks.

OZZ_

Veteran
A month ago or so I popped into mandala and saw they had only two packs of super Congo left. I love it so much I had to grab a second pack and it’s in route as we speak. Really looking forward to hunting this second pack, then comparing the winner to my keeper from the first pack.

Everyone that I share it with LOVES the smoke. Truly stimulating and functional, absolutely elevates energy levels. Love the stuff!

OZZ_

Veteran
I just took a cut off my keeper Super Congo #1 mother from the first pack I hunted, we are currently on vacation but I will be throwing it into a tent when I return. I need to re-up on this one’s smoke as I’m running dangerously low. Also, I received the second pack of the Super Congo beans from Mandala right before we left so I’ll be hunting through those as well.

MrHamilton

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I put this in my log, but here she is
IMG_2237.jpeg

EnjoyingLife

Thank you. I didn’t veg her long, thinking she would stretch more so she’s a pretty small girl. Next time will definitely veg one out and train it into a producer.
How do train it into a producer?
I ask because there seems to be many thoughts on the topic so I'm wondering what your preferred method is.

MrHamilton

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
How do train it into a producer?
I ask because there seems to be many thoughts on the topic so I'm wondering what your preferred method is.
Most likely I will mainline the next one for 8 tops since this line appears pretty compact. It usually depends on the strain and how they react to pruning, but if I can get away with just topping once for 4+ mains that is my preference.

Cactus Squatter

Most likely I will mainline the next one for 8 tops since this line appears pretty compact. It usually depends on the strain and how they react to pruning, but if I can get away with just topping once for 4+ mains that is my preference.
2 of my super Congo reacted very well to that method and would have produced a lot heavier if the plants I had beside them weren’t crowding them so much. They firmed 4 perfectly even tops with 2 more just slightly lower.

OZZ_

Veteran
Super Cono #1 clone heading into veg. This will be my second run of her, first from clone. It’ll just be a single plant in a 2x2 tent under a 150w viparspectra XS1500, to replenish my personal stash. 2 gallon pot of coco.

83F deg 45% RH 1.4 EC 5.8 PH

Let’s go :headbange :headbange :dance013:⚡⚡⚡

IMG_1492.jpeg

IMG_1493.jpeg

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Touched to know you got one of the very last packs from Mandala @OZZ_ and that you have the keeper from your first pack running again ;) thanks a lot for your support!

OZZ_

Veteran
Touched to know you got one of the very last packs from Mandala @OZZ_ and that you have the keeper from your first pack running again ;) thanks a lot for your support!

Thanks Dubi! I really like this line, all the phenos were very good, but there are differences in the effect between them, so I’m anxious to run the second pack comparing this keeper to them in order to make a final selection.

All the phenos have the UP energetic effect …. The stimulatory component to the high. However some also have a traditional high or Stoney component to it (Stoney isn’t the right word but here but I think you’ll understand what I mean). From the first pack I got three different effect combinations in the plants.

1) Stimulant and energetic immediately after smoking, followed by a more traditional high that mellows things out starting in the middle and continuing on towards the end through comedown.

2) Traditional high with the energetic and stimulating properties existing at the same time in combination, the whole way through, obviously mellowing out towards the end.

3) Very Clear headed high immediately after smoking, with the stimulatory and energetic properties being present right away and seemingly increasing at the peak, then all of it just slowly starts to subside disappearing without really noticing as you come in for the landing.

My selected Super Congo female above is from the 3rd category, I kept her because it was so unique….. but I do have to say the phenos from category #1 and #2 “FEEL” more potent…. So most casual smokers seemed to like these types because they still deliver the punch but yet it is still stimulatory and energetic enough that it is clear this herb is very different. I think the stimulant properties are all of equal strength in the phenos I tried anyway, it’s just some have more punch with a traditional high either starting from the middle to the end or being there from the get go and continuing throughout the entire high simultaneously.

The crystal clear high of my selected pheno can make people feel as though they aren’t high…. At first ….. until they go about their business realizing later they most certainly are as they are zipping from room to room or getting a motor mouth with non stop talking.

I think I need to sit down with some friends and have an old school bong rip session with this lady, something I haven’t done in over a decade as I usually vape. I’d like to see just how high she can take you, as I have a feeling this selected pheno doesn’t have a ceiling either.

I’m not sure if I explained this all properly but I hope I was able to describe it well enough.

Looking forward to seeing this clone in flower soon 🤘🤘🤘

OZZ_

Veteran
Super Congo has been flipped, seen here 2 days into 11/13.

I really wanted to veg her much longer for a much bigger plant, but I’m scared of the green Honduras haze that’s in the same tent with her so figured I had better just flip sooner rather than later in case the GHH wants to take over everything, and I full expect she will.

Currently getting 1.4 EC, and she’s clearly saying the nitrogen in the feed is pushing her limits as you can see on those lower leaves. She did this last time too though and grew out of it once she started building flowers so I won’t make any adjustments for now, and I’ll let her chew through it.

IMG_1663.jpeg

IMG_1662.jpeg

EnjoyingLife

Super Congo has been flipped, seen here 2 days into 11/13.

I really wanted to veg her much longer for a much bigger plant, but I’m scared of the green Honduras haze that’s in the same tent with her so figured I had better just flip sooner rather than later in case the GHH wants to take over everything, and I full expect she will.

Currently getting 1.4 EC, and she’s clearly saying the nitrogen in the feed is pushing her limits as you can see on those lower leaves. She did this last time too though and grew out of it once she started building flowers so I won’t make any adjustments for now, and I’ll let her chew through it.

View attachment 18988779

View attachment 18988780
When you say lowers do you mean the darker green ones curling towards the substrate?
looking at pic one
Noob here, trying to info on reading plants...

OZZ_

Veteran
When you say lowers do you mean the darker green ones curling towards the substrate?
looking at pic one
Noob here, trying to info on reading plants...

You got it, if you look at those lowers they are dark green and have that curled look to them, this is due to high nitrogen in the nutrient solution, higher than this particular plant likes anyway.

Keep in mind this isn’t your traditional clawing that you’ll see more often than not but it is a sign. Clawing typically happens at the leaf tip where it claws downwards and looks like an eagles claw.

Last run this girl did do some slight leaf clawing so stay tuned you might get to see some lol!

As of now though she’s looking great and all the top new growth is looking normal. Looking in on her today she probably put on 2” overnight on each of those leads. I’m hoping for as much stretch as possible since I flipped her so small but last time she was very manageable from seed, and this is a clone so I’m guessing she will end up maybe around only 30” or so.

EnjoyingLife

You got it, if you look at those lowers they are dark green and have that curled look to them, this is due to high nitrogen in the nutrient solution, higher than this particular plant likes anyway.

Keep in mind this isn’t your traditional clawing that you’ll see more often than not but it is a sign. Clawing typically happens at the leaf tip where it claws downwards and looks like an eagles claw.

Last run this girl did do some slight leaf clawing so stay tuned you might get to see some lol!

As of now though she’s looking great and all the top new growth is looking normal. Looking in on her today she probably put on 2” overnight on each of those leads. I’m hoping for as much stretch as possible since I flipped her so small but last time she was very manageable from seed, and this is a clone so I’m guessing she will end up maybe around only 30” or so.
I've seen the claw at the leaf tip. I've seen what some refer to as taco leaf - I think that's heat related though and I've seen burnt tips.
I'll have to watch for this one in the garden though. Would you say it's genetic or just one of the many ways plants show stress - the curling we're seeing here, not clawing?