What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Congo

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for all the updates @OZZ_ :) Looking very uniform, as should be with true F1s, just slight variations in height, but all with very similar look, branching, leaf shape .... very Bangi Haze dominant for most traits during growth, now starting to show more pure Congolese influence in early flowering.

That clawning is very typical of straight Bangi Haze too, easily showing N overfeeding and at the same time requesting good amounts of PK during flowering, it's not the easiest strain to come out with perfectly happy plants. In my experience, if they just show slight clawning in early flowering and they are green and happy for the rest then keep with current feeding, 1.4 ec is exactly what i was about to suggest you, let's see once they are heavy into flowering mode whether they request more or not.

Most exciting part is about to start :hotbounce

OZZ_

Veteran
Thanks for all the updates @OZZ_ :) Looking very uniform, as should be with true F1s, just slight variations in height, but all with very similar look, branching, leaf shape .... very Bangi Haze dominant for most traits during growth, now starting to show more pure Congolese influence in early flowering.

That clawning is very typical of straight Bangi Haze too, easily showing N overfeeding and at the same time requesting good amounts of PK during flowering, it's not the easiest strain to come out with perfectly happy plants. In my experience, if they just show slight clawning in early flowering and they are green and happy for the rest then keep with current feeding, 1.4 ec is exactly what i was about to suggest you, let's see once they are heavy into flowering mode whether they request more or not.

Most exciting part is about to start :hotbounce

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback it helps tremendously being able to draw off your experience and make changes as needed.

After I saw the clawing on the last res I immediately cut it an estimated 50% with a mixture of low to no nitrogen but higher P-K to maintain the same EC level.

Point is I’m not 100% sure of this reservoirs exact ratio as I just added to the existing one, but I should have a general idea of where its currently at and will mix the next res with my best estimation of where I’m at now.

They aren’t dark green by any means, and they do not have any burned tips of any kind so overall EC seems fine, just a tad high on the N for their current needs but it is mild. I’ll leave it be then and let them grow into it as they go.

For only 14 days in their response to flowering is fast! :dance013:

🤘🤘🤘

Cactus Squatter

IMG_7382.jpeg
First day above soil.
Hoping she likes the El Niño conditions I’m about to throw her into later this summer.

Mountainkush

Hey OZZ,
Finally had some time to check on how these are going. Looking forward to growing another one of these myself soon.

The ladies are looking happy and I’m sure they love the hand watering. I’ve found it to be the best way so far. I’ve played around with the floracaps and had a similar experience.
My only solution was to use 4 1/4” tubes per cap and water fast so it fills the whole cap. Eventually when the roots fill the pot the water won’t drain as fast and I could water slower.
If you can get those other emitters to work I think that will be a great way to go.

I got sick of coco and decided to go a different route with my current grow and try organic living soil indoors.

Anyway, hope these turn out good. I absolutely loved mine.

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey OZZ,
Finally had some time to check on how these are going. Looking forward to growing another one of these myself soon.

The ladies are looking happy and I’m sure they love the hand watering. I’ve found it to be the best way so far. I’ve played around with the floracaps and had a similar experience.
My only solution was to use 4 1/4” tubes per cap and water fast so it fills the whole cap. Eventually when the roots fill the pot the water won’t drain as fast and I could water slower.
If you can get those other emitters to work I think that will be a great way to go.

I got sick of coco and decided to go a different route with my current grow and try organic living soil indoors.

Anyway, hope these turn out good. I absolutely loved mine.

Thanks MC that is some great feedback on all fronts. I appreciate it 👍👍

I git all the emitter stuff in this weekend and will be hooking it all up soon, probably this week sometime.

As of now the girls are doing great though and I’m about to switch them to daily waterings, they are looking a little hungry so 1.4 EC might be a tad too light but yet I do still have a little clawing. It’s not major so I’ll leave them be at 50% reduced nitrogen but bump the overall EC to 1.5ish

What was the smoke like on them??

Mountainkush

From what I remember it had a spicy lime taste to it and was very energetic and great for a daytime smoke. And if I’m remembering correctly there was no nervousness to it making it great for social settings.
Sorry I can’t be more specific as it’s been a while since I ran out.

OZZ_

Veteran
From what I remember it had a spicy lime taste to it and was very energetic and great for a daytime smoke. And if I’m remembering correctly there was no nervousness to it making it great for social settings.

No worries at all that’s what I was wondering 🤘🤘🤘

OZZ_

Veteran
Day 22 11/13

I’m getting some yellowing on the lowers, which usually means they want more nitrogen…. But at the same time there’s still some slight clawing lol.

I’m bumping EC slightly to 1.5 and going to keep the nitrogen cut to 50% normal ratio …. At least for now. If they continue eating up their lowers I’ll bump the nitrogen a bit. I think they simply need more frequent waterings, the irrigation system will be functioning tonight as I installed it yesterday, but I’m waiting on one more part then I’ll have it up and running and will increase waterings

IMG_8461.jpeg

IMG_8462.jpeg

IMG_8463.jpeg

IMG_8464.jpeg

IMG_8465.jpeg

IMG_8466.jpeg

IMG_8467.jpeg

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
They are getting more and more pure Congolese influenced as the flowering advances @OZZ_ with those skinny leaves at the top and those ultra thin and long pistils. How are the terp profiles so far, woody-floral or more funky from BH ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Thanks a lot for your feedback @Mountainkush :giggle: Happy to hear you enjoyed with the qualities of the finished product.
View attachment 18847811
First day above soil.
Hoping she likes the El Niño conditions I’m about to throw her into later this summer.

Good luck with yours @Cactus Squatter 🥰

OZZ_

Veteran
They are getting more and more pure Congolese influenced as the flowering advances @OZZ_ with those skinny leaves at the top and those ultra thin and long pistils. How are the terp profiles so far, woody-floral or more funky from BH ?

They sure are looking elegant lately. Tonight I will try to get in there and attempt to get a scent profile on them, as I haven’t done much in the way of scent profiling yet. I’ve never grown Banghi out yet nor any crosses of it, but a week or so ago stem rubs smelled …. A bit like body odor ….. so I’d say they lean towards funky rather than woody 🤣🤣🤣

Definitely not woody :LOL:

Last edited:

Cactus Squatter

They sure are looking elegant lately. Tonight I will try to get in there and attempt to get a scent profile on them, as I haven’t done much in the way of scent profiling yet. I’ve never grown Banghi out yet nor any crosses of it, but a week or so ago stem rubs smelled …. A bit like body odor ….. so I’d say they lean towards funky rather than woody 🤣🤣🤣

Some of the Bangi I have grown has a distinct oniony bo funk smell, but in a good way.

OZZ_

Veteran
Some of the Bangi I have grown has a distinct oniony bo funk smell, but in a good way.

Nice!! :cool:

This sounds very close to what I was noticing on the stem rubs of all of them. I’ll pay more attention and do a proper comparison in soon.

I agree fully it is very distinct!

Gandalb

I’m going to try and return all the floraflex stuff, and instead just rig up my own simple system using regular fittings and emitters.
I'm using Floraflex Matrix Circulator 3" for these pots. I'm also using the same Tees as u, but with 4 holes (not 1 as yours) to feed 2 Matrix circulators each T.
Watering now 3 times a day and the whole pot is saturated @ 50-70% humidity. Try your own system and good luck

OZZ_

Veteran
I'm using Floraflex Matrix Circulator 3" for these pots. I'm also using the same Tees as u, but with 4 holes (not 1 as yours) to feed 2 Matrix circulators each T.
Watering now 3 times a day and the whole pot is saturated @ 50-70% humidity. Try your own system and good luck

Thank you for this info, I’ll take a peak at the components you mentioned.

I just setup my own system and have it fertigating 3x a day now with about 20% runoff, expecting them to green right back up in a day or two but watching them very closely. 😉👍👍

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

As @Cactus Squatter correctly pointed, some Bangi Haze phenos can produce funky organic smells, especially those closer to Bangi Haze mother #25 (our BH mother with highest trepene content), which was reversed to pollinate pure Congolese mother and produce this new Congolese hybrid. The Congolese mother has woody-sweet-floral terpenes.

OZZ_

Veteran
Day 30 11/13

Still battling slight yellowing of the lower fans, I have been slowly and incrementally increasing both overall EC and nitrogen so as not to overshoot and burn them. First I went to 1.5 EC, then 1.6….. still they were acting hungry so I am now at 1.7 EC and do not plan in going higher. Need to give them at least a week to adjust.

It could just be irrigation frequency over here as I just discovered my timer is malfunctioning, so I’m still dialing in the new DTW system and procedures. Overall though they look happy.

After a through scent profile session I did find that #1 is sort of woody, with the other three being a bit more funky. #1 and #2 are taller and more slender, with slimmer floral structures (for now) and #3 and #4 are a bit shorter with larger floral structures.

IMG_8529.jpeg

IMG_8530.jpeg

IMG_8531.jpeg

IMG_8532.jpeg

IMG_8533.jpeg