What's new

Bangi Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
the female in your last photo update @El Timbo has really great flowering structure, tight and with little leaf.
Glad you like the effects from both girls :) Are you keeping clones ? Thanks a lot for your feedback!

El Timbo

the female in your last photo update @El Timbo has really great flowering structure, tight and with little leaf.
Glad you like the effects from both girls :) Are you keeping clones ? Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Here she is close to finish - some spider mites but she has resisted and her buds are excellent.

I've decided to grow seed only - like a farmer! But with 3 grows a year.

DSCF0275[1].JPG

Maria Sanchez

Lebanizer

I'm sorry if this a stupid question but is there any real haze in this strain since it has the word 'haze' in its name ? Just worndering.

Last edited:

Lebanizer

Correct @Common Sense estai and kaiki which first developed the line from alex mano negra Congolese hybrid genetics chose that name and once i ran the company myself and continue with its breeding i didn't feel like change it since line is well known as Bangi Haze for almost 20 years.
Thanks @dubi for taking the time to address this unfortunate misnomer. Have you ever consider adding this valuable historical piece of information to the description in order to dispell any ambiguity for future customers since haze is a word that bears a very peculiar meaning in the cannabis world ?

early_bird

Veteran
Smoke Report - 6.5 years "cured" Bangi Haze

2016:

I have still some old weed from arround which i tested today. Usally this don´t make you high any more, some of the old stuff just gives you a kind of body relaxation or tiredness an half hour after smoking.

Today i tried some old Bangi Haze i have grown 2016 which was quite interesting, i don´t get high but was kicked with a wave of energy.

Appearance:
It was in Glasses and and have not dried out, so so consistency is stil good, and some typical taste + smell still present. The glasses are stored in a dark place.

My condition:
I was dancing day before, already in the gym today, so i was very tired, and the plan was to chill on the couch and for SURE not move much more today. It came different !

I started and vaped in a Mighty at arround 180 °C
I felt almost suddenly the up-feeling, a very tiny wave of energy rushing into my had. I went to the couch, In the minutes after it was very clear that i don´t stay here for long, Bangi Haze kicked my butt, was a bit racy almost unpleasant for a few minutes. But the "racyness" didn´t go for long. I played music, started to move, dance, did some stretching and exercises because i really had to move!
But i wasn´t really high like usual, a bit confusion, more lightly, so mainly i just had the energy.

After 30 minutes i started to do some "work" on the computer by designing a "advertise" for a friend and a putting things together in Excel, which was a bit tricky, but i really enjoyed the mental work and keep my brain thinking :)
Overall very surpising, happy i have still more of this stuff. Think i test the old Zamaldelica this week, hehe. What i conclude from this is that the THC has degenerated over the years, you don´t get really high any more, but the energy Bangi gives you is may related to other terpenes (?), because it was still very present.

Anyway, funny result. Next time i grow Bangi i will put a glass of it in the sunlight for a year hopefully the THC vanishes soon and i have this body- and mental energizer, this is awesome :D

Last edited:

revegeta666

Weekly update

View attachment 18889159 View attachment 18889160
Now 1m high
Was showing the first pistls about a week ago.

It's a lil oblong in shape since it has to share the wardrobe with two others.
View attachment 18889161

How and when would you guys do the defoliation?

Day 21 after flowering?
Between days 15 and 21 is when I personally check for suckers that will not make decent buds and will take resources away from the tops. Take into account that it affects the stretch so if you're counting on the stretch to get your plants to a certain size, pruning or lollipopping as they call it, will most likely slow the stretch. You can use this to your advantage as well if you know plants are too stretchy you can mitigate the stretch by doing the pruning on the 2nd week 👍