What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stoned in the Swamp 2012

Hey guys, another update.

Let's start off with the bad news:
Spot #6
Here is the tube where I planted the baby in the last update, no sign of the baby, and the chicken wire wasn't tampered with. I'm thinking insects, maybe slugs because of how damp the area is.

picture.php

That's all for the bad news though!

Now for the good stuff, this warm weather is kicking in the growth as you will see. They seem to like my compost tea as well. 2 New babies planted!

Spot #1
Doing well, another set of fan leaves has grown since last time.
picture.php

picture.php

Spot #2
Visited this spot on my way back, heard some rustling as a I got near, I was a bit sketched out, so I just left, no obvious signs of people, probably a bird. From what I saw, just a glance, the baby is happy and now really beginning to grow, two sets of true leaves with the second set having 3 blades.

Spot #4
New baby planted here:

picture.php

Came from a bag of weed that was heavily shorted, but if it turns out to be a female, I'll be making that back 100x :)

Continued...

Now for the big neighbor, it has a stink to it already, might look a little rough, but I just did more LST as it was already growing into the chicken wire. Biggest plant still, loves the tea.

picture.php

Something I have to crawl through, right outside of this spot
picture.php

Spot #5
Second new baby:
picture.php

Area behind the new one, just dense woods/brush:
picture.php

Here is the other one, some good progress:
picture.php

Got a few more seeds to germ, still have like 15-20 left not germing. I think my old seeding popping container was part of the problem, some fungus or something killing the seedlings before they ever had a chance. Now doing it in new containers, making sure to keep them clean.

That's all, thanks for stopping in!

Manivelle

Veteran
I think my old seeding popping container was part of the problem, some fungus or something killing the seedlings before they ever had a chance. Now doing it in new containers, making sure to keep them clean.
hi you should try to use trichodermas to try to fight any fungus problems .
good luck
mani

I will look into that.

Knocked over the seedling tray today :(. All the dirt was poured out and mixed up.

Got new better pots and will be growing the babies out slightly longer before planting, as it's starting to get hot out. Bean situation is going better. Fingers crossed should have a some seedlings in a week or so.

Update time, guys.

Spot #1
Pulled it's makeshift stake up, have to LST it next time I go out, really shot up!
picture.php

Spot #2
Growing well, a shot to give you an idea of the size of this "found" mound.
picture.php

Close Up
picture.php

Spot #3
New baby, in the ground. I want to see what happens without chicken wire in this area, the tops of the other plants haven't gotten eaten so fingers crossed.
picture.php

Continued...

Spot #4
This one has popped through the top of the cage, it was a little unhappy when it first hit the top, but it's very happy now. Starting to put out the second set of leaves on its branches.
picture.php

Side shot
picture.php

The little one next door. This is from the shorted bag, and the next two new babies are also from this bag. I will call this "The Redemption" if they grow out to completion.
picture.php

Spot #5
New baby, healthiest of the three. Seems a bit on the indica side?
picture.php

Baby from last time, a little stretched, but growing!
picture.php

Continued...

Spot #5
This one shot up as well. Some insect damage on the top, but as it's the only plant with anything significant I am happy. Wet area.
picture.php

Spot #6
Alright, another "Redemption" bagseed. If it disappears like the others, I will ditch this spot and pull out the swamp tubes.
picture.php

Sorry if image quality is not the greatest. I didn't have time to mess with the settings, and it was raining. Total of 9 plants now, no casualties this time.

Hey everybody quick update.:tiphat:
Just got back from the sites. All plants are alive and well including the newer babies. Growth is impressive, it was hot and humid this last week and they loved it.
Put out this little plant. Result of germing the last of my seeds, slightly mutated as you can see, but that's just the quality of the seeds. This was put up in the tree pot, it suffered a little on the way there, so I hope it makes it.
picture.php

When I pull a male depending on the spot, this plant will take it's place.

The big plant that I suspect to be a male is doing fantastic. If it turns out to be a female, I think I could get at least half a pound off of it. No balls or anything yet.

Now that all my seeds are done, and I have a good number of established plants, I can finally relax a bit. I have to manually turn my lights on and off in my seedling starter, synced with the light cycle. No more waking up at 5 am for me :woohoo:, for awhile, that is, as I will be getting more seeds eventually.

Thanks for stopping in.

Big plant was indeed a male, chopped him. He was big, too. 4 ft at least.
His neighbor got snapped in half, I doubt it will survive.
All others are doing okay. The one in the tree mound is beginning to look promising.

Hey everyone, just stopping in for a quick update.
I just purchased 2 auto seeds Pineapple Express and Critical Jack, and the freebie Mazar x Great White Shark, all feminized.
I will start the auto's immediately when I get them, in theory they should flower a bit before the rest of my plants, giving me something to smoke(if this sounds like a bad idea let me know!). I may start the MxGWS as well, just grow a mini-plant.
I also now have some bagseeds, a very happy baby inside, and most of the plants outside are doing okay. I started a new mound and a new bed, we'll see how they work. The mound got torn up by animals uncaged, so it may not work out, but the bed should be nice for some late bagseeds.
peace.

Update time, picture heavy.
New spot, #7, two babies in a bed. Big one on left, tiny one on right.
picture.php

GWSxMazar and Critical Jack will be going in these pots, they get fantastic light, but also great cover, pots are invisible from the outside.
picture.php

I'll try to the rest in order to keep it comprehensive.

Spot #1
Original plant I put out. Bad insect damage, but seems alright. Female preflowers evident! No white hairs, but I'm 90% sure it's the first female of the season.
picture.php

Spot #2
Tree mound, drooping, not sure if from water or pests. Not looking good. The pineapple express auto will take it's place if it dies.
picture.php

New plant in a new mound.
picture.php

Plant in the tree pot relocated to spot #4

Spot #3
A very shocked unhappy plant, thing is tiny. Not expecting it to even live.
picture.php

Spot #4
This is the plant that was in the tree pot. Grew quite a bit, love the leave shape on this one. During transplant most of the root ball came off, I was sure it was dead. Survived a week of no rain and 90-100 temps just fine.
picture.php

The other plant at this spot. Snapped it in half maybe a month ago, now happily growing two tops.
picture.php

Spot #5
Top eaten by deer, insect damage as well, still fighting though!
picture.php

One of the newer plants here died, I found it completely shriveled and covered in a certain insect that has been plaguing the plants (shows up on most of them) leaves weird white cotton nests behind.

Oldest plant in this spot. Insect damage, most of the lower stem is bare now, top looks nice.
picture.php

Spot #6
This spot has really picked up, very happy with it.

Newer plant, put it out maybe 2 weeks ago, damn it grew fast, betting on a male.
picture.php

New baby in a pot
picture.php

Together
picture.php

Now here's my new pride and joy, as long as it doesn't turn out to be male. Note that it was quite thirsty, and is a tad droopy in the picture, but I gave it plenty to drink.
picture.php

Pic from above
picture.php

This plant would absolutely make the season for me if it's female.
Thanks for checking out my grow, any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated. Going to finally eat and then light up a bowl.
Peace.

budsnblunts

Veteran
looks good and i see you're putting in the hard work, hope all goes well with your grow... what do you make your "swamp tubes" out of?

Thanks buds, I made them with some generic plastic tarp material(had it lying around), works fine, holds water but not excessively, and chicken wire.

Got the seeds. They also (attitude) sent me an additional freebie, G13's Cheese fem, very happy with this. Going to pop some beans now :)

Nunsacred

:) My grow style is very similar to yours, it's almost uncanny looking at your pics - you sure you're at 40 N Lat ?

Anyway I hope some of those come through nicely for you.. looks like some are reaching the point where slugs can't really affect them anymore....always nice when they get there....

:) My grow style is very similar to yours, it's almost uncanny looking at your pics - you sure you're at 40 N Lat ?

Anyway I hope some of those come through nicely for you.. looks like some are reaching the point where slugs can't really affect them anymore....always nice when they get there....

Haha yes I'm sure, I love the swamptubes this year, they really give an extra boost and good protection from critters. Slugs haven't been my biggest problem, some weird colony of cotton-web producing bugs have been eating my leaves, but they are getting to the point where they are growing more than the damage can affect. Things are looking quite well, idk if I will make my 1 lb goal, but even 3/4 or a 1/2 would be fantastic. It's all for free other than the seeds I just bought, but if I get an 1/8th from them I've already made my money back.

3 of the feminized germ'd immediately, pineapple hasn't popped yet, but it's only been a day. Hoping to see some babies pop up tomorrow. Can't wait to see how real genetics do in my neck of the woods, especially in the pots, as they get sunlight all day, better than any other spot.
Cheers and good luck on your grow! :tiphat:

The two big ones at plot 6 have shown female preflowers. The big one even had two pistils out (although a bit of insect damage). Hooray! I believe I could do quite well with these two. The little baby is doing well there, too.
I thought i may have seen a claw on the big plant at spot #4, but I also may have seen a female preflower with a bit of white sticking out the top. I am going to wait until I'm 100% sure to chop it, as it is quite big and would make this year even better.

The new bed, spot #7, had the little seedling die, but the other is growing happily. Seems to be indica leaning.

All the fem seeds are growing well indoors. In a few days I'll probably put the Critical Jack and Cheese out into those pots, as they are the farthest ahead, and I wanted them for that spot anyway.

Latest posts

Latest posts